• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Emperor of Three Kingdoms - An Asian Inspired Palace Period Drama (LGBT+) Lit [CLOSED]

spacepanda

Galaxy Elf Extraordinaire
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Basic Plot

It is nearing the end of the 29th year of Jinse, and in just four months a large celebration will be had to extoll the Emperor's thirty years of reign. In honor of such an event, and to keep an uprising from taking root, the Emperor's Council is pushing him to name one of his sons as Crown Prince and heir to his empire; they wish to see all three sons take more responsibility in Yazhou's affairs and begin families of their own, but Emperor Zhang Liwei does not think any of his sons yet ready.

This RP takes place on the fictional continent of Yazhou in the 29th year of the Jinse Era. It is a roleplay heavily inspired and based on Asian Palace Period Dramas in a newly-formed empire where tensions between nations are hidden but high. Emperor Zhang Liwei has finally achieved the dreams of his ancestors by uniting all of Yazhou under one sovereignty, but it is not easy to rule an empire when snakes remain hidden in the palace...

I am looking for writers who are 21+, can play a variety of characters (at least two,) and can post at least twice weekly.

Update: For more information about this RP, click
HERE.

Last edited:
Questions:

1. Regarding your statement of writers. Are you looking for ~4 players? Or at least 4 characters played by a player?

2. I'm assuming Yazhou's imperial structure is similar to ancient Han dynasty? With provincial warlords from previous warring kingdoms (if any) sworn fealty to the Emperor and such? If so, will some of the roles consists of these provincial/regional governors? Or will the roles be more centered and emphasized within the Imperial Court, and/or related to the Emperor's sons?

3. As far as technology is concerned. I reckon it's not too far from ancient Chinese developments of the late Han dynasty?

4. Regarding the fantasy aspect, I'm assuming there is no magic involved, given the Realistic Modern tag? Just wanted to get an affirm from ya on that.

5. Characters. Will the characters' personalities and backgrounds be defaulted to what you have in mind for the story? Or will we, the players, be able to make OCs based on the position/role given?

6. Assuming the Emperor's offsprings are betrothed, is it possible for one to play as their conforming, scheming wives? Asking for a friend, obviously.

7. Posting requirements. How much do you expect us players to write for IC posts?

spacepanda spacepanda

Thank you Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 for making everything I was concerned with / wondering so organized when my fever brain was failing me :P Depending on the answers I may or may not join

Same here. Quite reluctant to dump down on quality over the amount of playable characters. I am quite preoccupied with so many chars over so many RPs that I don't really want to fall short on the GM's expectation for this one.

Prolly be able to account for 2 characters max here, because of my smol brain haha xP

Same here. Quite reluctant to dump down on quality over the amount of playable characters. I am quite preoccupied with so many chars over so many RPs that I don't really want to fall short on the GM's expectation for this one.

Prolly be able to account for 2 characters max here, because of my smol brain haha xP
I know! I feel you. I shouldn't be looking at interest checks, cause I always end up joining. BUT I have to be strict with myself. So if I cannot live up to the expectation of the GM (and thus the rest of the group) I won't join (no matter how much I like the idea or potential the plot has)

I know! I feel you. I shouldn't be looking at interest checks, cause I always end up joining. BUT I have to be strict with myself. So if I cannot live up to the expectation of the GM (and thus the rest of the group) I won't join (no matter how much I like the idea or potential the plot has)

I concede with your thoughts. Concurrent RPs tend to have a hibernation/fallout period, its only natural to be interested in new stuff. Haha.

Once the GM throws out their answer, like you, I'll follow suit with what we can or can't afford~

Sorry at work rn so I won't be able to answer all of the questions fully for another 9 hours or so, but to answer what seems to be your top concern I am looking for about 5ish people who play at least 4 characters each.

IM IN….. totally up for a forbidden love or any female role really

Sorry at work rn so I won't be able to answer all of the questions fully for another 9 hours or so, but to answer what seems to be your top concern I am looking for about 5ish people who play at least 4 characters each.
I see. Take your time!

IM IN….. totally up for a forbidden love or any female role really
Hello there~

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 I will answer your questions during my lunch break if I have time. If not I will after work :>

Hello! Sorry this RP is for ages 21 and up :>
uh, why if I may ask? I'm just as capable of writing as anyone else, let alone have been on this site for almost five years, and have rp-ed my fair share of darker topics. Not too mention I'm 18 in a few weeks, and an aussie so for us that pretty much means adult. //0-0

uh, why if I may ask? I'm just as capable of writing as anyone else, let alone have been on this site for almost five years, and have rp-ed my fair share of darker topics. Not too mention I'm 18 in a few weeks, and an aussie so for us that pretty much means adult. //0-0
I understand all that but FOR ONCE I'd like to RP with people closer to my age instead of high schoolers. No offence!

spacepanda spacepanda
Totally understandable. It's not a big deal-breaker for me. I just wanted to know your visions for this RP via your response for most, alongside some world-building aspects. Will still be around when you get the chance to answer. No rush! :3

I understand all that but FOR ONCE I'd like to RP with people closer to my age instead of high schoolers. No offence!
and the older don't like playing multiple characters
mate I finished school already. XD I get it I guess, but for the character quota you have I'm concerned, the vast majority of rpers on site are between 16-20

mate I finished school already. XD I get it I guess, but for the character quota you have I'm concerned, the vast majority of rpers on site are between 16-20
I'm well aware, as I have also been on this site for 5 years. Thanks for your concern.

spacepanda spacepanda
Totally understandable. It's not a big deal-breaker for me. I just wanted to know your visions for this RP via your response for most, alongside some world-building aspects. Will still be around when you get the chance to answer. No rush! :3
Sushi I shall leave this rp to you by friend //QwQ I have been rejected in the cause, but venture forth and claim victoryyyyyy

I have to disagree with you. A lot of rp'ers on this site are 25+ if not even way older.
really? but in which play style re you referring? with pm's yes that's true, but for groups. especially in the realistic or fantasy categories they're more my age

really? but in which play style re you referring? with pm's yes that's true, but for groups. especially in the realistic or fantasy categories they're more my age
Out of the eight roleplay groups I am in, the only one with people below 21 is Project TETSAR I believe

Edit: I checked and I lied. Tori is in a few of my rps, but as only person below 21 (except for Project TETSAR)

In that case, I have to bow out of this roleplay. I am sorry, but I won't be able to keep up with four characters

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Q & A

1. Regarding your statement of writers. Are you looking for ~4 players? Or at least 4 characters played by a player?

*I am looking for 5-ish people to play ~4 characters each. Mostly I would like a group of committed RPers.

2. I'm assuming Yazhou's imperial structure is similar to ancient Han dynasty? With provincial warlords from previous warring kingdoms (if any) sworn fealty to the Emperor and such? If so, will some of the roles consists of these provincial/regional governors? Or will the roles be more centered and emphasized within the Imperial Court, and/or related to the Emperor's sons?

*More or less yes. Two of the countries formed into one (the one the RP takes place in) and the other two were conquered. Generals and Warlords would have either have been killed or sworn loyalty to the emperor. The RP will take place mostly within the court, however, with characters having ties to the Emperor himself (sons, daughters, wives, councilors, concubines, generals, priestesses, etc.)

3. As far as technology is concerned. I reckon it's not too far from ancient Chinese developments of the late Han dynasty?

*I'm not a history buff, but I was thinking more or less Yuan dynasty-ish? Like the 1200s or 1300s.

4. Regarding the fantasy aspect, I'm assuming there is no magic involved, given the Realistic Modern tag? Just wanted to get an affirm from ya on that.

*My apologies, I was not aware I accidently tagged the RP as Fantasy. I love fantasy, but this RP will have no magic, and little if any fantasy aspects.

5. Characters. Will the characters' personalities and backgrounds be defaulted to what you have in mind for the story? Or will we, the players, be able to make OCs based on the position/role given?

*I have quite a few number of roles and ideas for characters. The personalities will mostly be up to the creator, but a lot of the base characters may have goals already made for them (like the ambitious concubine who will stop at nothing to assure her son takes the throne.)

6. Assuming the Emperor's offsprings are betrothed, is it possible for one to play as their conforming, scheming wives? Asking for a friend, obviously.

*None are betrothed or married yet as I know some people prefer to have more say with their characters in that regard. The exception is the emperor who has two wives and some concubines. This doesn't mean it can't be done, however, and I welcome such ideas.

7. Posting requirements. How much do you expect us players to write for IC posts?

*I generally request one paragraph or 5 sentences. For fast-paced scenes where many people are speaking I allow 3 sentences.

Sorry for any typos I'm on mobile. I will post more information if this garners more interest:>

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Q & A

*I am looking for 5-ish people to play ~4 characters each. Mostly I would like a group of committed RPers.

*More or less yes. Two of the countries formed into one (the one the RP takes place in) and the other two were conquered. Generals and Warlords would have either have been killed or sworn loyalty to the emperor. The RP will take place mostly within the court, however, with characters having ties to the Emperor himself (sons, daughters, wives, councilors, concubines, generals, priestesses, etc.)

*I'm not a history buff, but I was thinking more or less Yuan dynasty-ish? Like the 1200s or 1300s.

*My apologies, I was not aware I accidently tagged the RP as Fantasy. I love fantasy, but this RP will have no magic, and little if any fantasy aspects.

*I have quite a few number of roles and ideas for characters. The personalities will mostly be up to the creator, but a lot of the base characters may have goals already made for them (like the ambitious concubine who will stop at nothing to assure her son takes the throne.)

*None are betrothed or married yet as I know some people prefer to have more say with their characters in that regard. The exception is the emperor who has two wives and some concubines. This doesn't mean it can't be done, however, and I welcome such ideas.

*I generally request one paragraph or 5 sentences. For fast-paced scenes where many people are speaking I allow 3 sentences.

Sorry for any typos I'm on mobile. I will post more information if this garners more interest:>

It's quite alright. You've nailed my questions on target, so thank you.

Say, would it be possible for me to join this RP with only 2 chars? I'm willing to commit but 2 is the best I can do for the time being, with courtesy to my other concurrent RPs. Naturally, I'm sure my writing will speak for itself under your speculation and review (whenever the CS comes up).
Otherwise, I hope to be a part of this RP, given my statement regarding my finite characters management above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back