• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Emotional Support Alcohol [Closed]

OOC
Here
Gavin grinned lazily - that was true, he was extremely sleepy. He curled up a little bit more, nodding when he said he was okay with it, rubbing his eyes. He couldn't help it - all he did was worry anymore, and he was worried that he would lose the first friend he'd had in a while.

Gavin was pretty much willing to do anything as long as he didn't have to leave Cas's side. and sleeping sounded really nice right now. Gavin didn't mind having people in his room, it was his office that he protected, the other closed door across the small hallway from his bedroom. That was kind of like his safe space, he didn't like people coming in without permission. Gavin didn't mind Cas sitting down, adjusting a couple things around the room as he got pajamas, holding onto to the dresser next to him as he didn't quite feel stable. "No it's fine, I'll just step into the bathroom right here." Gavin said, going into his small bathroom and changing, since thats where he changed usually, coming out in an oversized t shirt and pajama pants.

"Laay downnnn -" Gavin drew out playfully as he jumped into the bed, curling up underneath the covers, yawning again deeply. He waited for Cas to lay down so he could lay on his shoulder again like before, not really thinking about it. "Night Cas." He mumbled softly

Cas kept his hands in fornt of him, prepared to catch Gavin should he stumble over his feet. He nodded and waited for Gavin to come back out, fidgeting with his hands as he did so. It had been a while since he had spent the night with someone. Even though he was not spending the night in the most common pop-culture definition, he was still nervous. Physical contact was something he always struggled with recieving. Giving was easy because he was mentally prepared, unlike that time when his first best friend hugged him and he nearly imploded on the spot.

Cas felt his ears flush slightly when he saw Gavin in a shirt that hung loosely on his frame. It reminded Cas of how his some of his exes would wear his shirts and how large they looked on them. He even wore a similar attire to sleep, but it was adorable nonetheless. As Gavin called for him to lay down, Cas took off his leather jacket, folded it neatly and placed it on the dresser. He also took off his belt, watch, wallet, and any other solid object that could hurt them in his sleep, and tossed them perfectly on top of the folded jacket. As soon as he got under the covers, he was aware of how warm it was. Cas shift-wiggled his way closer to Gavin, before putting his arms around him, pulling Gavin to him gently. As soon as they were settled in a comfortable position, Cas continued to run his fingers through Gavin's hair like he did before. "Good night Gavin." Cas muttered his reply, closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep when he felt Gavin's breathing even out.

Gavin was always nervous with giving affection because he didn't want to make anyone uncomfortable, but he was a pretty touch starved individual and he'd take anything he could get. He was kind of like a cat, in the way that his most default way of giving attention was to just, lay on people. He tried to be very aware of his partners needs normally, but when he was drunk like this it became hard for him to read people.
Gavin always liked big shirts, when he had required team activities that gave him a shirt he always got them a couple sizes to big. This one specifically had their highschool on it, something he had saved as a sleep shirt over the years. Gavin happily cuddled close to Cas, falling asleep easily, his body curled up around Cas and his hand gently gripping Cas's shirt.

-Timeskip to Morning!-

When Gavin woke, he felt like his was dying. He was a bit nauseous, but what really was his problem was the pounding headache that made him feel like his head was three times heavier than yesterday. He groaned, pushing his face into Cas's chest for a moment before carefully wiggling out from his arms, trying not to disturb the man if he was still sleeping. He fumbled around in the bathroom, getting some advil and making his way to his kitchen.

Gavin started a pot of coffee, before focusing on making breakfast for the two of them. That was the least he could do, right? After a moment of digging, he found some pancake mix, setting his mind on making pancakes. This all felt entirely... Domestic, making breakfast for someone, and Gavin liked it a lot

Cas was gently awoken by Gavin leaning further onto him. His heart rate sped up for a moment as he recollected the events of last night. Cas then remembered that he was not sleeping in his bed. He also remembered that he should water his houseplants when he got home. Not wanting to scare Gavin or possibly make things awkward, Cas kept his eyes closed as he felt Gavin leave. Suddenly the warm space that Gavin occupied in between his arms the previous night was dreadfully empty and he found himself already missing him. Once Gavin had left the room, Cas opened his eyes and sat up and looked around the room. Light was streaming in the windows and he guessed it was still relatively early in the morning. Cas stretched and instantly felt the joints in his back creak and crack satisfyingly.

When Cas smelled the coffee and heard the sound of sizzling, he willed himself to get out of bed. He also made the bed as he felt obligated to match it to the rest of the nearly sparkling clean apartment. Making his way to the kitchen, he saw Gavin cooking. He realised that he barely had any memories of his parents cooking breakfast for him in the kitchen of their family home. Movies sometimes had scenes where the protagonist would have a loud breakfast with their entire family, cooked up and served by the mother, who would then be given a loving kiss by her husband. He envied that he did not have such a memory. Cas only remembered the times when his mother would sit with him as he ate his cereal. Seeing someone cook for him was cathartic.

Cas made his way over to Gavin, making sure his walking was loud enough so that he did not alarm him. "Good morning Gav." Cas said casually, and without overthinking it, slid one hand around Gavin's waist and put the other on his head, leaning in to give place a light kiss on his forehead. He let go as quickly as he touched him, feeling the tip of his ears flush and went over to the coffee machine, pouring them two mugs of the freshly brewed drink.

Gavin wanted to let Cas sleep if he needed - God knows that Gavin wanted to be able to sleep as long as possible, and Cas said he didn't have work, so he figured it was fine to let him sleep. He had slept really well last night - usually he woke up multiple times throughout the night, but today he actually felt refreshed, even with the headache. Maybe if he didn't feel so bad he would've like to stay in the bed and snuggle with Cas until the other woke all the way up.

Gavin was bouncing lightly on his feet - he was just moving all the time really, so when he wasn't, that meant he was either really fucked up or really comfortable. His parents made breakfast for him when he was little, but by the time he got old enough to really remember he was used to his parents fighting in the morning while he grabbed a granola bar and left the house. He was pretty sure that the movies were purposefully fake and also some sort of propaganda, he thought that was a fun idea.

"Morning!" Gavin said brightly as Cas wrapped around him, tilting into his touches. "I'm making pancakes, is that okay?" He asked, looking up at him as he went over the coffee machine. right now he felt like a completely different person, he could ignore all of the bad stuff that he'd have to face later as long as he focused on what he was doing now and the fact that Cas was here. "There should be milk and creamer in the fridge. Sugar is next to the coffee machine." He added, turning back to the pancakes

Cas had one of the best sleep last night and was feeling brighter, especially after a long week at work. He wouldn't say he was the most refreshed since it was still early. Cas was more of a night owl despite making coffee for the morning birds at 7am at the cafe almost five days a week. He would have definitely wanted to have laid by Gavin's side longer though, as he was already missing having his arms around Gavin, fully embracing him.

Having felt Gavin leaning into his touch, Cas was relieved that he was not doing anything that Gavin did not want. It did not even make things awkward between them. In fact, it felt like domestic bliss, a picture perfect idea of how mornings with your loved ones should be. It was bizarre to think that they had only met each other again yesterday, when they were now acting like they had been together since high-school.

"Yeah! Pancakes sounds amazing... smells amazing too." Cas said. He couldn't help but smile softly to himself. He looked around the kitchen to find the condiments that Gavin mentioned. "Uh, how do you take your coffee?" Cas asked as his eyes narrowed down on the the jar of sugar, remembering that it was there. He then picked up the two mugs and set it on the bar counter, along with two tea spoons. He walked across Gavin on his way to the fridge and took out the milk. He went back to the counter and poured some of it into one of the mugs.

Gavin liked having Cas here with him he decided. It was a little easier to handle everything when he was completely alone - alone his thoughts could overwhelm him much more easily. Gavin didn't want Cas to leave real, but he knew that was unrealistic, so he just hoped after today he'd get to see Cas again.

"I'll take some milk and sugar in mine please." He said, glancing over at him with a small smile before he continued to finish up the pancakes, getting them both plates and flipping the pancakes on to them, getting out the butter and syrup. "I hope they're alright - sometimes im just not good at cooking." he said with a soft laugh, taking his coffee from Cas and sitting down at the dining room table across from him, waiting for Cas to sit down before he started to eat.

"Did you sleep alright?" Gavin asked after he had a couple bites, starting to feel better as the medicine kicked in for his headache. He wanted to make sure that Cas was comfortable, he was always a little bit anxious when people stayed over - he was afraid that he'd make them uncomfortable or that his apartment wasn't nice enough.

Cas hummed, acknowledging that he heard Gavin. He poured some milk into Gavin's mug too before placing the milk back into the fridge and walked roundabout the kitchen again to get back to the sugar. He scooped some into the mug and put the container aside. Cas stirred Gavin's mug before he came over to take it, then picked up his to join Gavin at the dining table.

"Don't worry about it. I'm already glad that you made something for me. Working F&B, its usually the other way around." Cas smiled and laughed with Gavin. Once he sat down, he stirred his coffee, admiring how nicely the pancakes were made. Cas wondered if Gavin was having a headache from yesterday, and if he was, Cas was slightly amazed that Gavin hadn't burnt anything.

Cas felt the air between them calm down as they started to eat, becoming more and more comfortable being around Gavin. "Yeah, I slept really well last night," Cas smiled and debated on whether he wanted to say that it was the best he'd had in a while. He held back on the statement however, thinking that it might make things awkward. "What about you? Feeling better?" Cas asked hopeful thay he would that his answer was positive, continuing to eat the pancakes. "These pancakes are really good. Did someone teach you how to make them?" Cas probably did not make good pancakes even though he did serve them at the cafe.

Gavin smiled at his humming, it was nice just to be acknowledged from Cas. After finishing up the pancakes and setting them down on the table, he grabbed his coffee, taking a sip before sitting down as well. It was nice to eat breakfast with someone for once.

"Yeah I'm sure it is huh?" He teased, starting to eat once they both sat down, putting syrup and butter on his pancakes. Gavin naturally liked to cook, it was something that he only really did for other people though, so he was happy Cas was here for him to put the work in. And yes, he definitely still had a pounding headache, but he was sure it would go down soon.

Gavin nodded when he said he slept well - that was good to hear, that put his nerves at ease about having Cas stay over. "Yeah - my headache is going down from this morning luckily." he said with a nod. He knew that wasn't quite what Cas was asking, but he wasn't sure how he felt mentally yet. He thought it would go back to the constant pressure on his chest and the storm cloud over his head once Cas left. "Not really - I just kind of learned by myself. I like to cook, so i don't think its that hard

Cas was glad to see that Gavin seemed brighter than yesterday, so much so that he could respond teasingly. "Oh, you have no idea." Cas replied with mock sass in his tone, flicking his wrist and tilting his head, mimicking a cliche of some of the high school girls that wander into the cafe after school hours.

"I'm glad to hear that." Cas smiled at Gavin. He knew that the problems that Gavin was drinking himself to the ditch last night were not gone, but every little thing that lightens the load would help. Cas knew that from his first-hand experiences. He glanced up every once in a while as he ate, watching Gavin. Everything seemed to be going so well that he was on edge, worrying that they might just disagree on something and this 'truce' could be broken. Cas thought he saw that Gavin's eyes were still a bit puffy but did not comment on it.

Cas was surprised to hear that Gavin had taught himself to cook. Perhaps his academic genius had extended to him being a cooking prodigy too. "That's amazing Gav. I can barely cook pasta without burning the sauce..." Cas marvelled. He was terrible at cooking. It was like wizardry to him. He had tried his hand at making his meals when his parents were not home, but it usually ended up in smoke and him riding his bike to the convenience store about five minutes away. All this trial and error made him a master of bizarre but somehow edible microwave foods though. "You know, next time you cook something new, you can invite me to taste it." Cas suggested.

Gavin nodded, he knew that his problems were no way gone, but it was nice to pretend that they were. If he just kind of focused on the food and the fact that Cas was here it was easier to do. He didn't mind, he just wanted to have a good time. "You didn't feel too bad when you woke up, did you? No headache?" Gavin asked, wanting to make sure. He was always worried about stuff like that. Gavin probably didn't look the best, he knew that, but he felt better than yesterday when he was ready to cry.

Gavin smiled at the nickname, he didn't really hear it a lot so he definitely liked it. "Yeah? I've never really had much trouble cooking." he said with a soft shrug. He brightened when he said that. "Really? I'd like that a lot. I don't really cook all that much for myself." He said brightly. He finished his food, sipping on his coffee as he leaned back. "I guess you should head back soon? I'm sure you have things to do today." Gavin said, tilting his head. That was a little bit sad, but he knew it was selfish to want Cas to stay around.

Cas was caught off guard by the concern again. "Nope, no headache... And I only had one beer." He raised his index finger as a gesture. He actually felt lighter and more relaxed compared to last night, and would consider his current state of mind as comfortable.

"Mm hmm." Cas nodded, assuring Gavin that being able to cook was a top-tier level skill on its own, much less being self-taught. "Yeah, I'd love to try your cooking. Just tell me when, I'm usually free on weekends and weeknights." He was excited, hearing that Gavin had approved of the suggestion. Thinking about it made him realise that he might have to return the favour one day, and he's gonna have to make weird microwave food for both of them in exchange.

"I don't have much to do today actually. Usually I spend off-days relaxing at home and reading a book or something..." Cas replied. He sort of did not want to go home since he was enjoying Gavin's presence and companionship. He realised he might be overbearing though, considering that they had only met again last night after years of no contact. "I mean I'm free... but I can leave you to yourself if you're busy." Cas clarified, slightly hopeful that Gavin would have spare time too. He was thinking that he might have to work tomorrow if the part-timer could not make it, and if so, would want to spend the day well.

Gavin nodded. "Okay, that's good." Gavin said, relaxing a little bit. That was good - he didn't want to cause any problems with Cas at all. He didn't want him to feel shitty when he woke up at his house and not offer medicine or anything.

"I usually work pretty late into the night - but I'm definitely okay with you coming over weekends so i can cook." Gavin said with a smile. Usually, he'd stay up until 7 or 8pm to try to stay ontop of all of his work when he was working. He wanted to prove that he could still work, even if his life was falling apart a bit.
Gavin nodded - that made sense. Gavin usually spent the weekends cleaning or working on some of his video game projects he had, not that he was ready to show Cas those yet. "No you can stay if you want!" Gavin said quickly, not wanting him to leave. "Do you want to play some video games?" He offered. "I have a PS4 and xbox"

"Sounds good." Cas said, nodding slightly, though he felt like something was a bit off. He remembered that Gavin was working an office job, which was typically a 9am to 5pm affair. Knowing that Gavin hated it, Cas wondered whether he was being made to work overtime so as to keep his job. Cas had seen it happen to his less wealthy friends back in high school who worked part-time. They usually had to suck it up and tolerate the work, just so that they had enough money to get by.

Caspian's eyes lit up slightly when Gavin mentioned video games. It had been years since he had played them, the last time being in highschool while his laptop was still powerful enough. If he were to try playing any recent games on his outdated laptop, it would probably sound like NASA sending off their lastest rocket into space, or that he might have been attempting to set his apartment on fire. "It's been a while but what games do you have?" Cas asked casually, trying to sound like he was decently well-versed with gaming. He had experiences with older consoles that his parents bought for him before, but he had no one to play them with.

Gavin didn't really have any free time - he was too busy trying to show that he could handle being full time again after he fucked up. It was more of Gavin's perfectionism than anything, he didn't know how to handle working part time instead of full time.

Gavin smiled a bit when he saw him light up - Gavin loved video games. He had a ton, hidden away in the cabinets around the tv. It was his desired job to make video games, so its no surprise he loved them. "Um - A lot really. Kingdom hearts, Call of duty, Resident evil. I have mortal kombat if you want to play that? I assume you don't just want to watch me play a single player game." he said with a soft laugh, taking his dishes to the sink before moving to his cabinets, opening it up and looking through it, letting Cas pick something up if he wanted.

Looking at how excited Gavin got made Caspian's mind go blank. He was totally not updated with any recent game titles and was unsure how he should go about it without offending Gavin's feelings. As he listened to Gavin list the titles, he realised he did recognise some of them. Cas did not expect that these games would stand the test of time and still be popular today though.

"Sure I don't mind Mortal Kombat. Although, I haven't played it in years, so maybe go easy on me?" Cas tried to negotiate, but he was sure that he would be beaten to a pulp no matter what. To be perfectly honest, Cas did not have good hand-eye coordination, making any game a challenge for him, including Mario World 1-1. He walked over to the couch and plopped himself on the side that he was sitting on last night, glacing into the cabinet that held Gavin's games. Cas could recall some of the titles and promotional art he saw in there at the game shops that he would occasionally walk around in. He never bought anything though, except for one or two small figurines that were on sale.

Gavin wouldn't mind if Cas didn't know - he was just always so excited about Video games and he did his best to hide it, but he'd talk Cas's ear off if he was allowed. Of course, Gavin hadn't told Cas about his video game love, and his projects he was working on, but it was obvious on his face anyway.

"Alright! Here, I've been using my extra controller on my computer so wait here." He said, grabbing Mortal Kombat and sliding it into the system before disappearing into the the only Door closed to the main area, keeping the door shut after he went inside and shutting it behind him when he walked out. That was his office, it was kind of like a safe zone for him. "here you go!' He said brightly, sitting on the couch crosslegged and starting up the game. "I'll let you pick who you want to play first." he said with a soft laugh, letting Cas pick before picking his character. "i'll go easy this round." He teased

Cas wondered if Mortal Kombat was what he remembered it to be. He had the idea that it was a fighter game with scantily clad women and intensely muscled men but he could not be sure, there were so many similar games on the market nowadays. He waited in silence as the game booted up, anxious to see how it looks like. The starting sequence was already rather action packed in itself, it was definitely not something he was used to.

As Gavin walked away, he noticed that the room that he went into had a closed door, compared to the rest of the house. Cas realised it would be the equivalent of his bedroom for Gavin, a safe space for him to unwind. When Gavin emerged from the room, he averted his eyes and focused it back onto the tv screen, not wanting to seem like he was watching Gavin.

"Alright..." Cas said, taking the controller from him, Cas started to fiddle around with the controller, its more or less familiar form being recognised by his muscle memory from years past. He easily navigated the menu, even though he did not know who the characters were, finally settling on a female sci-fi character with a white and blue colour scheme. Her name being Frost. Cas swallowed in anxiety as Gavin teased, he was definitely going to be trashed in the game. He forced himself to focus, remember what the different buttons do, even when he was sure he was going to just end up mashing them when it gets too exciting.

Gavin hummed, getting himself comfortable on the couch and settling into a relaxed position to play. He was so excited - it had been a while since he had roped anyone into playing with him, so he didn't mind really if Cas was bad, he just missed sharing this sort of experience with anyone.
Gavin picked Sub-Zero, a personal favorite of his as the game started. He gave Cas some time to get used to the controls, before playing as he would normally. He leaned forward slightly as he was focused, his brows furrowed slightly if Cas glanced at him. He had a way to get sucked into his games, another way to forget about his problems for a minute. They played a couple matches, and Gavin beat Cas pretty easily. "Just a couple warmup matches - right?" he teased, looking over at him with a grin. This was probably the happiest Gavin had looked since he met Cas again

Cas forced himself not to tense up and lean back with Gavin. He knew it would take a while for him to get in the groove of the game. As they played, he could understand the controls a bit more, even though he still constantly fumbled, ending the match in a frenzy of button mashing, hoping to randomly do damage or just get away to Gavin's character. He bit his lip in excitement, occasionally letting out small groans and squeaks, before Frost is thrown back and a big KO covered the screen.

"Warmup matches?" Cas looked at Gavin, his mouth falling open sightly, incredulous. He was utterly destroyed in the few matches they played. Cas was by no means a graceful loser, a hot tempered trait that had been engrained into his instinctual response during highschool. Looking at the smile on Gavin's face made that annoyance fade away slightly though. Gavin was evidently happier, compared to yesterday, and Cas did not want to ruin that for him. He realised that he was alright with losing if Cas was going to be happy. He wondered if he might prefer to be a backseat gamer however, seeing that he was a clumsy and fumbling oaf when it came to fighting games such as Mortal Kombat.

Gavin was excited playing the games - it had been so long since he was anything more than just exhausted, and it was nice to just have some fun. It didn't cross his mind that Cas wouldn't enjoy it, because for him it was less about winning or losing but just about spending time with someone for once.

"Well - yeah!" Gavin said, his smile faltering when he saw that Cas was upset. He had trouble handling when other people were upset - even when it wasn't directed at him, that's why his job was so hard on him really. Gavin was quick to put on a mask to hide the fact that he was pushed off his rhythm, turning back to the screen. "Let's play a couple more rounds !" he said, focusing back on the screen so he didn't have to look at Cas. Gavin was pretty good at pretending he was alright and not scared, but it was obvious that Gavin was fumbling more with his controller

Cas noticed immediately when Gavin's mood changed. Reading people was something he did daily. He would not be able to do his job well if he was not fluent in body language. Cas swallowed, feeling a pang of worry as he realised that his response did this to Gavin. He bit his lip, eyes drifting away from Gavin's face to his hands.

"Mm hmm..." Cas hummed, not wanting to upset him further. Before they started the next match though, Cas turned and hugged him around Gavin's middle, pulling him lightly into his lap. He realised sometime last night that hugging was a gesture that could comfort Gavin. Once Gavin was close enough, he rested his neck on Gavin's shoulder and kept his hands that held onto the controller below the one that Gavin was holding, not wanting to block his friend's view, especially since he was going to be the one that was going to be recklessly pressing buttons anyways.

Gavin didn't really realize how obvious it was - it was hard for him to even recognize that the pang of fear that went through him was not something that everyone felt when someone was upset in any way. He just figured it was better to be quiet and pretend nothing happened.

Gavin had tensed up, as to try to not upset further, so he let out a surprised breath when Cas hugged him close, not really understanding. He was sure he didn't deserve it because he clearly made Cas upset, but he didn't protest it and started up the match. By the time the match was done Gavin had relaxed back into Cas's hold, seeming to decide that maybe it was okay to relax and that Cas wasn't really mad. "do you want to watch me play a different game?" Gavin offered after the played a couple more games, sounding a little hesitant but besides that the reaction to Cas's anger seemed to be gone

The match was like any of the previous fights. He would try to defend, get hit by a combo, then constantly panic jump and attack all the way until he heard the game over sound of 'K.O!'. He was not upset when he lost again however, the comforting weight of Gavin half on top of his, quelling his anxiety. As the screen faded to black for a moment, Cas hummed, unsure of how to breach the topic of what happened earlier. In his head, all he wanted to was to press kisses to Gavin's neck, and maybe just smother him with love and care.

"Sure, I think that would be better..." Cas felt a small smile form on his lips. He was glad that Gavin had picked up on what he was thinking without having to say it out loud. "Hey Gav? I'm sorry I got upset just now..." He said softly, like a child admitting to his mistakes. His chest rumbled slightly against Gavin's back and he pouted subconciously. Cas never liked to be wrong, but he hated fighting with his friends more.

Gavin was still pretty good at his fights, but his hands were still shaking a little in the first match just because he needed to give himself some time to calm down. He wasn't upset or angry at Cas, he was just kind of trying to handle himself the way he always did by himself. He figured that while both of them knew, no one was going to say anything because he was used to people pretending nothing happened.

Gavin nodded, moving to set his controller to the side when Cas spoke again. "It's okay - I just - um, I get really nervous when people look upset." Gavin explained carefully, shrugging. "Let me up so i can change games." Gavin said, tapping his arms around him twice before trying to get up, switching out mortal kombat for Kingdom Hearts 3 and coming back to sit down, not seeming to know where to sit before just sitting on the couch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back