• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Emotional Support Alcohol [Closed]

OOC
Here
Cas hummed, acknowledging that he understood him. It seemed like Gavin was not upset at him anymore, but he could not be sure. There was a stiffness in Gavin's response that worried him, made Cas question whether the current situation was entirely his fault, or not. He let go of Gavin when he tapped on Caspian's arms, meekly doing as he was prompted. Cas watched as Gavin switched out Mortal Kombat for another game. He was not familiar with the title though, having only seen it once or twice.

"Gav, just come over." Cas sighed when Gavin sat on the couch instead of returning back to him. It felt rather one-sided to constantly initiate contact. "What game are you playing?" He asked, placing his controller onto the coffee table as he was not going to be needing it anymore. Cas was slightly disappointed that he was a no good player, but even worse still, he was a no good loser. It was safer if he stayed away from versus games until he could control himself better.

Gavin wasn't upset - he was just on edge. He didn't know how to handle Caspian apologizing, because no on really ever did that to him. He wasn't even sure why he was so scared of Cas being angry, but he was. He wanted him to be happy to so he didn't leave him, at least.

Gavin hummed when he pulled him onto his lap, relaxing into him. "Sorry i just - I don't know what you're okay with and I'm bad at telling stuff like that and I just don't want you to get angry and not come back -" Gavin explained quickly, hearing him sigh and overblowing it in his mind. No wonder Gavin was exhausted if this was the kind of anxiety that ran through his head all the time. "Kingdom hearts! It's a game with stupid and complex lore but all you need to know watching is that there are original characters, Disney characters, and final fantasy characters that all live in the same world."

"Shh, you don't have to explain... I think I get it." Cas said softly. He knew that any loud sounds could alarm Gavin further and speaking calmly was probably the way to go. As soon as Gavin moved closer to him, Cas put his arms back around him, easily restoring their previous positions. He could easily feel himself begin to tire slightly from the second hand anxiety however, but kept his cool nonetheless. Just as others on his journey to get better helped him in that way, he was sure he strong enough to do the same for Gavin too.

"Disney characters? That sounds interesting... Like a big multiverse fanfic." He thought outloud. Maybe he was wrong about the lore, but a little light banter to get Gavin focused more on the game and less on his anxiety might help. He would much rather see Gavin all excited like a kid in disneyland, rather than an insecure teen in a corner at a party.

Gavin nodded when he said he thought he understood - relaxing pretty much completely at his soft voice. A lot of Gavin’s anxiety seemed erratic to the naked eye, but it appeared that Cas was learning his tics and able to work around them. Gavin was always exhausted out of his mind anymore, from work to his anxiety to worrying about everything else under the sun.

“Kind of - what happened was that A Disney creator and a Square creator - Square creates final fantasy - and decided that they wanted to make a crossover game. Originally Sora was going to be Mickey Mouse, but they changed that in development.” He explained as the game opened up, running around in circles for a moment as he remembered where he was before starting to play the game.

Cas listened to Gavin ramble about the game, and did not understand much outside of 'Mickey Mouse' and 'Final Fantasy' but nodded along to show that he was listening anyways. As it is, he felt like he was learning on the job, picking up terminology that he would only understand much later when given more context. It was slightly endearing to hear him so passionate about something for a change though.

He was not sure what was happening on screen as Gavin seemed to whirl around the map with the character. It made him slightly dizzy as he had no control of where he looked, much like how it was on a roller coaster. He averted his eyes from the screen every once in a while so that he would not feel sick. Despite the awkward backseat gaming experience, he felt comfortable in his position, wondering if he might accidentally fall asleep.

It reminded him slightly of the times when he was with one of his previous friends, laying on a empty field under the stars. They were strictly just friends of course, but in those moments, he felt like there was something more between them, and sometimes he wished it were true.

Gavin was happy to ramble, explaining things about the plot and the function of the Keyblades as he played. He was excited - just talking without really worrying at all, something he didn't do often. He was so excited to have someone who would listen to him - even if Cas didn't really understand it. He was so excited, jumping around and playing the game, settling into Cas during cutscenes and quietly explaining who people are as they came up on screen.
"Goofy died during one the earlier games for a bit." He said casually, while he was working on one of the boss fights. "I think that's why he should be allowed to say fuck." he added a moment later with a soft laugh. "Are you uncomfortable?" Gavin asked, shifting on his lap softly.

Cas hummed, and 'mm hmm'ed and his voice occasionally vibrated through his chest against Gavin to express that he was listening in. There was no way he was going to remember everything that he talked about. While he did try, he was not very book smart, and he was most of all, not good with floods of information. When Gavin said that Goofy died and should be allowed to curse, he was not sure what he thought about that. In his head, Goofy was more of a bumbling fool. It would have been like watching those muppet videos where they were openly cursing and making adult jokes.

"Mmm, I'm alright..." Cas said, stretching his arms out. When Gavin shifted however, he could suddenly feel a tingling in his legs that had apparently fell asleep. Perhaps he should stand up and restore feeling in his thighs again. "Uh, let me up for a moment." He nudged Gavin off him. When he stood up, he stretched and groaned as he felt the blood flow back into his legs again. He heard his back crack softly but satisfyingly.

"Do you want some water?" He asked. Cas realised that he was unsure of how much time had passed. A quick glance at the clock on the wall told him it was already half past noon. Perhaps it was time for lunch, but he did not feel that hungry after such a heavy breakfast. Maybe they could go outside and take a walk after this, get some fresh air.

Gavin liked feeling him against him, it was really comforting. Gavin didn't really expect Cas to remember everything, he was used people not remember much of what he said, and Kingdom hearts was especially hard to remember. He was happy to ramble as much as Cas let him.
"Alright - here." Gavin said, moving off his lap carefully and off to the side, setting his controller down to also stretch, feeling his body start to get sore from staying curled up the whole time. "Yeah - that would be nice." he said, stretching softly and yawning. "We can do something else if you'd like - I'm watching me playing a game isn't the most fun." He offered, following him to the kitchen to get cups out for them.

Cas took the cups from Gavin and getting himself some water from the tap. He was aware that not everyone was alright with drinking tap water, but not everyone had parents that worried whether the water their child was drinking was good or not. Even after all these years, he never really challenged whether it was safe for him.

"Do you have something in mind?" Cas asked before downing his water in three gulps. He thought about what was in the vicinity, wondering if there was a park or a decent cafe nearby? Cas was unsure since he hardly walked over to this side of town.

Gavin didn't mind - he preferred getting filtered water because of the taste, but they lived in an area where he didn't really worry about the tap water. Gavin stretched, yawning softly before taking his water with a small thanks.
"Um well - there's a really nice cafe I go to nearby we could go to? I really like the food they have. Or there's some stores we could walk around - there's a whole little area down here that's like a mini main street? We could go there if you'd like." Gavin offered, tilting his head. "Sometimes when I'm not working I go over there - they have a really nice small art store that I love walking around in." He explained, humming.

Cas nodded to show that he was thinking about it, placing his cup gently into the sink and leaning onto the edge of the counter. That was a lot of places that he was unfamiliar with even though he had lived here for years now. Maybe these places opened shortly after he started working full time, since he usually stayed in the vicinity of the cafe otherwise.

"Mm, if you're hungry we could grab some lunch first then walk around? I dont really know where everything is, so you can just lead the way." Cas said rubbing his chin slightly. He realised that it was a bit rough, but he did shave yesterday so he probably could skip it today, especially since he did not have work.

Gavin nodded. "Yeah! That works for me, I've been kinda craving the food there anyway!" He said brightly. "Let me um - put on real clothes and then we can go?" he offered, moving back to his bedroom to get changed, coming out a little bit later in a nice button down shirt and jeans, similar to how to looked last Night.

"Are you ready to go?" Gavin asked, tilting his head to look at him as he pulled on his shoes, standing up. "We can take my car since - I'm not, drunk like last night." He teased, grinning and stretching, leading them down to a very nice car, humming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back