• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Bug Email notifications taking 10+ minutes to arrive

swimmjacket

Mischief Managed
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Unsure if this is happening to anyone else but I noticed email notifications for PMs were coming around 10-20 minutes after the instigating message was received.

Figured I’d post to see if this was just me or something else.

Unsure if this is happening to anyone else but I noticed email notifications for PMs were coming around 10-20 minutes after the instigating message was received.

Figured I’d post to see if this was just me or something else.

I haven't noticed this, but I'll keep an eye out.

For some messages it seems to send instantly or at least a few minutes after. But for others I'm getting the email notification 10 minutes after the fact. I've reset my settings in hopes of fixing it.

For some messages it seems to send instantly or at least a few minutes after. But for others I'm getting the email notification 10 minutes after the fact. I've reset my settings in hopes of fixing it.

Out of curiosity is this happening while you are using the site, or after you log off and are comparing the time stamps? I wonder if the site is delaying messages to you while you are actively using the site to prevent spam. Emails are a bit arcane in this software, so I've just been investigating.

I think that might be the case. It seemed to go away overnight, like your message came through only around 3 minutes after.

But then this afternoon the 10 minute delay happened as I was on the site and saw it take place. Though this is the first time I've ever seen this happen so I'm unsure what might have changed.

The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard

The problem before looked to be happening with the site trying to prevent spam with messages so close together. But now I'm getting emails hours later (if at all in some cases). I haven't been on and the message that arrived over 2 hours ago was the only one in that time frame at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back