• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic 𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐮𝐦 – lore

Characters
Here
Other
Here

stellamaris

𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘢𝘳 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

user — -anon
Last login: Fri Aug 6 10:55:00

THE PAST
The year was 2054.

The richest of society evacuated Earth long ago when climate change made it nearly uninhabitable, ravaging the planet with turbulent hurricanes, devastating heatwaves, massive floods, and earthquakes that toppled the tallest skyscrapers. They left a desolate planet in the hands of those that couldn’t bribe their way onto spaceships to escape an apocalypse of their own making, thinking only of their own selfish survival.

What they didn’t know was that the company that pioneered the evacuation project, Arcane Industries (A.I. for short), had a backdoor project. A plan B, should humanity’s desperate attempt to find another inhabitable planet fail.

This project was called Elysian.

Located at their headquarters in what used to be Las Vegas, the Elysian team at A.I. worked tirelessly for decades to perfect the technology that would create a refuge for what was left of Earth’s humanity. What they ended up with was an invisible barrier spanning about 800 square miles, and what would soon become Elysian City at the very center. The barrier is made of millions of micro-drones that stabilize the atmosphere within using advanced air filtration and weather modification technology. They are invisible to the naked eye, equipped with advanced cloaking technology and virtually indestructible to boot.

While the rest of the world was being ravaged by natural disasters, Elysian quickly became a safe haven. A goal. A shining beacon in the dark to those who were unsure of survival.

Like moths to a flame, the city quickly grew in numbers so long as those within its walls heeded A.I.’s orders, eventually re-establishing a growing community. Over time, the population began thriving, rivaling even the biggest cities pre-Crisis. A government was even established in the early years of the city known as the Olympic Council, a board of twelve democratically-elected officials.

As far as anyone in the Commonwealth (North America) is aware of, Elysian City is the only existing city on the continent. It sits where Las Vegas used to be, in the middle of the Mojave Desert, and most born within its walls don't even know what lies past them, let alone overseas.

That brings us to present day.

THE PRESENT
It is the year 2223.

Elysian City has existed peacefully for nearing two centuries now with low crime rates, increasing lifespan, and ever-developing technology. Its population has grown to well-past twenty-million, all thriving within the invisible walls surrounding the city. Despite this, the current CEO of A.I., Ana Aguirre, has grown old, the company now mostly in the hands of her son, Santiago Aguirre, who has begun a project of his own.

A project you are participating in, whether you like it or not.

You may recall being hospitalized some time ago. The reasons why are unclear and unimportant, but what you do know is that you've legally been pronounced dead and taken into A.I.'s custody. You no longer go by your legal name, and are now referred to as a set of numbers. In the time you've been kept prisoner here, they've done numerous experiments on you that have given you strange abilities. A majority of those experiments have been excruciatingly painful and you often wonder if you actually did die, and are in some godforsaken version of hell.

The staff have mentioned other sets of numbers around you, and you've started wondering if there are other people here or if you truly are as alone as you feel.

THE FUTURE
È̴̈́R̶͓͝R̷̭̂O̷̲͝R̶̄͂ ...

È̴̈́R̶͓͝R̷̭̂O̷̲͝R̶̄͂ ...

È̴̈́R̶͓͝R̷̭̂O̷̲͝R̶̄͂ ...

È̴̈́R̶͓͝R̷̭̂O̷̲͝R̶̄͂ ...

Awesome code is by Ambiloquous!

Last edited:
THE PAST
The year was 2054. The richest of society evacuated Earth long ago when climate change made it nearly uninhabitable, ravaging the planet with turbulent hurricanes, devastating heatwaves, massive floods, and earthquakes that toppled the tallest skyscrapers. They left a desolate planet in the hands of those that couldn’t bribe their way onto spaceships to escape an apocalypse of their own making, thinking only of their own selfish survival. What they didn’t know was that the company that pioneered the evacuation project, Arcane Industries (A.I. for short), had a backdoor project. A plan B, should humanity’s desperate attempt to find another inhabitable planet fail. This project was called Elysian. Located at their headquarters in what used to be Las Vegas, the Elysian team at A.I. worked tirelessly for decades to perfect the technology that would create a refuge for what was left of Earth’s humanity. What they ended up with was an invisible barrier spanning about 800 square miles, and what would soon become Elysian City at the very center. The barrier is made of millions of micro-drones that stabilize the atmosphere within using advanced air filtration and weather modification technology. They are invisible to the naked eye, equipped with advanced cloaking technology and virtually indestructible to boot. While the rest of the world was being ravaged by natural disasters, Elysian quickly became a safe haven. A goal. A shining beacon in the dark to those who were unsure of survival. Like moths to a flame, the city quickly grew in numbers so long as those within its walls heeded A.I.’s orders, eventually re-establishing a growing community. Over time, the population began thriving, rivaling even the biggest cities pre-Crisis. A government was even established in the early years of the city known as the Olympic Council, a board of twelve democratically-elected officials. As far as anyone in the Commonwealth (North America) is aware of, Elysian City is the only existing city on the continent. It sits where Las Vegas used to be, in the middle of the Mojave Desert, and most born within its walls don't even know what lies past them, let alone overseas. That brings us to present day.

THE PRESENT
It is the year 2223. Elysian City has existed peacefully for nearing two centuries now with low crime rates, increasing lifespan, and ever-developing technology. Its population has grown to well-past twenty-million, all thriving within the invisible walls surrounding the city. Despite this, the current CEO of A.I., Ana Aguirre, has grown old, the company now mostly in the hands of her son, Santiago Aguirre, who has begun a project of his own. A project you are participating in, whether you like it or not. You may recall being hospitalized some time ago. The reasons why are unclear and unimportant, but what you do know is that you've legally been pronounced dead and taken into A.I.'s custody. You no longer go by your legal name, and are now referred to as a set of numbers. In the time you've been kept prisoner here, they've done numerous experiments on you that have given you strange abilities. A majority of those experiments have been excruciatingly painful and you often wonder if you actually did die, and are in some godforsaken version of hell. The staff have mentioned other sets of numbers around you, and you've started wondering if there are other people here or if you truly are as alone as you feel.

THE FUTURE
È̴̈́R̶͓͝R̷̭̂O̷̲͝R̶̄͂ ... È̴̈́R̶͓͝R̷̭̂O̷̲͝R̶̄͂ ... È̴̈́R̶͓͝R̷̭̂O̷̲͝R̶̄͂ ... È̴̈́R̶͓͝R̷̭̂O̷̲͝R̶̄͂ ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back