Elluh Qaes (WIP)

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
alexandre-chaudret-pkj-elia-cover-final01-closeup.jpgHope. Others cling to it like a mother's teet. You want to know what I think? Hope is bullshit. Hope is thinking something can change. Nothing's going to change. You're going to wake up to the same shithole, day in and day out, and claw to make it through the shitty day. And then, you're going to wake up and do it again. Or, there's always the possibility the Bandi-damned Empire comes down and wipes us out.

Yean, I'm going on the expedition. And no, I'm not hypocritical. Listen, they need someone who can fix their shit. Look around. See anyone else who can build you a miracle with a wrench and 'driver? I didn't think so.

Besides, who else is going to say I told you so when the shit hits the fan?

Learn? Where did I learn? No, I've always built stuff. At least, as far as I can remember. Ma just thought I was breaking our stuff. She'd chase me around with the belt screaming about how much she saved and yada, yada, yada. I still did it anyway.

Once I was old enough, I worked at Lou's. He didn't think so until I rebuilt a compressor he couldn't fix. After that, he kept me on full-time. I worked there until he closed down. After that, I worked odd jobs and contracts. Been doing that since.

Never really had a family. Ma died early and didn't leave much. Perri was the closest I came. She'd always check up on me and bring food and make sure I wasn't working too hard. I never knew why she cared, I thought I was just a neighbor. Not related.

She stopped coming around a few months ago. I don't know why. After a moth I got worried. At one point I busted into her place. No one was home. I wonder what happened to her.

Over the years, I've made and lost friends around Tombwatch. Mostly lost. If you haven't noticed, I'm not the most rosy. Not many stick around. Don't blame 'em.

Attributes

Strength: 3 (9)

Dexterity: 3 (9)

Fitness: 3 (3)

Intellect: 4 (18)

Intuition: 3 (9)

Willpower: 2 (3)

Bearing: 2 (3)

Guile: 2 (3)

Composure: 2 (3)

60/60

Skills

Physical

Awareness: 3 (5)

Athletics: 3 (5)

Defense: 3 (5)

Melee:

Piloting: 2 (3)

Ranged: 3 (5)

Stealth

Survival: 3 (5)

Thievery:

Unarmed:

Mental

Applied Magical Theory: 3 (5)

Administration:

Academics: 3 (5)

Language:

Lore:

Artisan:

Craft: 4 (8)

Investigation: 2 (3)

Medicine: 3 (5)

Navigation: 2 (3)

Social

Empathy: 2 (3)

Bioweapon Handling:

Mingling:

Perform:

Persuasion:

Subterfuge:

60/60

Advantages

Familiarity: Watcher (+1 die on Social rolls when interacting with citizens of Tombwatch)

Knowledge: Mechanics (+1 die to any relevant mental skills when fixing or examining something)

Training: Practiced Shooter

Derived Stats

Speed: = Fitness + Athletics

Initiative: = Speed + Composure

Combat Pool = Speed + Dexterity

Defend Rating: = Dexterity + Defense

• Evasion
  • Parry
  • Block

Offence: Dexterity + Relevant Skill

Unarmed:

Melee

Ranged:

Soak: The lower of Strength or Fitness

Combat Pool: Speed + Dexterity

Magic Resist: Is equal to Willpower

Health: 10

Condition: 20

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon her Knowledge would be Mechanics.

So +1 die to any relevant mental skills when she's fixing or examining something.

Familiarity is probably the Watcher standard - +1 die on Social rolls when interacting with citizens of Tombwatch

And Training, hrm, just a regular fitness regimen or practiced shooter?

I reckon her Knowledge would be Mechanics.

So +1 die to any relevant mental skills when she's fixing or examining something.

Familiarity is probably the Watcher standard - +1 die on Social rolls when interacting with citizens of Tombwatch

And Training, hrm, just a regular fitness regimen or practiced shooter?

Perfect! That's what I was going to ask for for Knowledge.

What equipment do I start with? Or is it just whatever is reasonable?

Whatever's reasonable - so a standard suite of tools, maybe even an ancient multitool, that kind of thing.  Maybe she made her own rifle in the Oldtown machine shop. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back