.tabber #tab3:checked ~ .content #content3,
.tabber #tab4:checked ~ .content #content4,
.tabber #tab5:checked ~ .content #content5,
.tabber #tab6:checked ~ .content #content6 {
display: block;
}

General Information Attributes Skills Advantages StatsInventory

Name: Eliza "Ellie" Dalton

Appearance: Like all Dusters, Ellie is relatively short, standing a little over five foot tall, with tan, almost reddish skin. A lifetime of tough, physical work has given her a strong build, complemented by her wide hips and broad shoulders. Her lightly tan, off-white hair is often tied up into a thick braid, her fringe brushed away from her bright green eyes.

She tends to wear hard wearing clothing, overlaid with a well kept poncho and long muffler. She often goes without her atmo-mask when out and about proper, to "enjoy the fresh air", leaving her with a semi permanent dirt smeared face.

Personality: Some would call Ellie idealistic. Others, would less kindly call her hopelessly naive. She waxes nostalgically of a past that may have never been, of glowing heroes doing battle against the dark hordes of the Other. Of righteousness and glory, of good triumphing over evil, of draw blades and fateful duels. Of that eternity of discovery just past and beyond the horizon. She tries to reconstruct ideas of this history with whatever fragments she can find amongst the relics on Kelijak, all the while dreaming of adventure.

Trying to live up to these standards, she attempts to be the best person she can be, to see the best in people, to help the weak and helpless, to give selflessly where she can. Of course, this singleminded devotion to an imaginary ideal, as well as her hereditary obstinance has made Ellie what she likes to call "stoic". To everyone else, it's willful and stubborn. The surest way to get her to do something is to tell her not to do it, especially if it's something that dangles the forbidden fruit of "peril". As a youth, childish dares more than once led her into situations that earned a hearty scolding, ranging from releasing the Thaumhounds to "be free", to getting a closer look at the gennie in Oldtown.

History: What's there to say about me? Eliza Dalton, your standard Watcher girl. Got good folks, got good siblings. Everyone cares for each other.

If you're asking about how I grew up, well... still, not much to say. I was always the little chancer, the one who'd explore just 'cause I could, sneakin' away from the creche-dams day in and day out. I suppose Da's tales from his Marshall days didn't help with that. That isn't to say I was a bold child, I wasn't. I stood up, good and proper for the others when somebody tried to lay into them, or argued with the grown ups when I thought they were being unfair to us. I got a tanned hide more than once for actin' up like that, but I stand by, I'd do the same again if given the chance.

Eventually, I knew every nook and cranny of Oldtown, where things could be found or hidden. And... it wasn't enough I guess. I got bored. Started going out onto the plains first chance I was able. It was breathtaking. That huge sky, filled with so many stars. The clouds out on the horizon, passing overhead with flashes and those bone shaking clatters of thunder. The taste of that cold, dry air. I was hooked. Became a scav after that. Found bits and bobs the other Watchers needed, odd things the Magi left behind, all sorts of stuff.

I was tempted to become a Marshal, just like Da, but... I don't know. I think I'd just be here all the time after that. No going off, no finding anything new. Protectin' the people, bein' the shield, all that. And... I can't see myself doin' it. I mean, I can see all the helpin' people, the protectin' all that, no problem. It's... it's the stayin' here bit that gets me. Sometimes, when the skies are clear, and the wind's died down, I like to lay on the mesa and look up at the stars. To imagine what it's like up there. To imagine what I'd be like up there. And I start thinkin'... not seriously mind, but just... idle thinkin', what if I actually left? Not just Tombwatch, but... Kelijak. Went off proper. Helped the folks out there. Stood up to anybody who'd look down on Dusters and the like. Fought to make us great again, you know?

Ah, but they're stupid thoughts. Not actually goin' to do them. Got too much family here. They need me. But still...

Physical

Mental

Social

Strength:

Intellect:

Bearing:

Dexterity:

Intuition:

Guile:

Fitness:

Willpower:

Composure:

Physical

Mental

Social

Awareness:

Academics:

Bioweapon Handling:

Athletics:

Administration:

-

Empathy:

Defence:

Applied Magical Theory:

-

Language:

-

Melee:

Artisan:

-

Mingling:

-

Piloting:

-

Craft:

-

Perform:

-

Ranged:

Investigation:

Persuasion:

-

Stealth:

-

Lore:

Subterfuge:

-

Thievery:

-

Medicine:

-

-

-

Unarmed:

-

Navigation:

-

-

-

-

Survival:

-

-

Skill Focus

Familiarity: Tombwatcher

Having grown up in Tombwatch, everyone Eliie has ever known has been a Watcher. Goes without saying that she gets bonuses to Empathy, Persuasion, and Mingling with them.

Knowledge: Kelijak Scav

Ellie's been around these parts, and then some. She's used to looking around, finding what works and what won't. She's damn good at it too. Bonuses to Lore: Magitechnology, Survival: Kelijak, and Investigation: Ruins.

Training: Hard Worker

If Ellie decides she likes something, she throws herself into it. Whether that be practicing to shoot when she was thinking about being a Marshal, or looking up old vids on sword fighting when she found one out in the wastes, the girl gives it her all when practicing. Bonuses to Ranged: Slug Pistols, Melee: Two Handed Swords, Athletics: Endurance.

Health:

Condition:

Offence

Defence

Speed

Offence: Melee:

Defend Rating:

Speed:

Offence: Unarmed:

Soak

Combat Pool

Offence: Ranged :

Magic Resist

Ranged Pool

• Thaumhound: Bentley
    Ellie's pet thaumhound, Bentley. Relatively well trained, she takes him when she goes scavenging to help find secret caches of Scav goods. He's pretty smart, but Ellie loves his goofy self.
  • Sword: Lightning
    A strange sword Ellie found while scavenging, finding it awkwardly hidden in an abandoned emergency Duster shelter with no idication fo how it got there or where it originally came from. Sleek and slightly curved, with a long guardless handle, it's not like any of the other Magi blades she's seen. Even showing it to other afficiandos of Magi relics gave her little information. Sometimes, if you hold it just right, you can see it glow, and if you listen very carefully, you can hear it hum.
  • Pistol: Revolver
    A simple slug throwing revolver that Ellie brings for self defence while out scavving. It's simple and well maintained, to stave off the constant red sands of the outside.
  • Back Pack: Survival Gear
    A backpack filled with all the gear one would need to traverse and survive the majority of Kelijak's surface. There's also a slate with some old stories and vids on it, as well as a cartog-transponder.
  • Jewelery: Locket
    A simple locket with small picture of Ellie's family inside. It's kept hidden under her clothes, but she looks at it often when out scavving.

Last edited by a moderator:
The girl lays back on the cold, hard stone. Her arms are folded up behind her head, hands and forearms cushioning her skull against the dense rock. She looks up to the stars, her vision tinted by the dark lensed goggles over her eyes. And she watches.

It's quiet out here now. The howling winds died down with the setting sun. Their sharp, ragged gusts had pulled at the girl as she had walked here, every one tearing at her with the chill and gritty blast of red sand.

She takes a deep breath of the nightime air. Without her rebreather, the air is bracingly cold, and even deep inhales don't seem to sate her lungs. Like an aching sigh that never reaches its peak. Still, she likes it out here, without her breather, without the sounds, only her and her thoughts and her dreams.

Pulling a gloved hand from under her head, she shifts the goggles till they rest on her brow. Without their darkened cast to her sight, the starry sky, it gleams. Each glowing pinprick, a different place, a different story. Her heart burns to see them, a deep yearning tugging at her soul. One day, she promises to herself. One day.

The promise brings sadness with it. It was a hollow promise, she knew. One to be broken. She would never leave Kelijak. She would never sail the system, riding the crest of that far off dream. No. She would stay here, where it was safe, with her family. Scrounging in the dirt and the dark places for trinkets and fragments of a better age. Never tasting the fruit of excitement. Of discovery and adventure.

Ellie slowly picks herself up off the ground and pulls down her goggles. It's getting late. Wouldn't do to be late home. Ains and Harry are probably getting dinner ready right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back