• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Electric Sheep [Always Open] - [Androids | Space | Politics]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
latest
Incoming File ...
To: Sir Galahad II Sir Galahad II Rob - Mentions: Mourning Dove Mourning Dove Dover Dover @_707_ and Hades being called a Sheep Collidias Rex Collidias Rex
RE: MADAME TROUBLE

Bureau Notes: Madame doesn't half jabber on, goodness. Anyway, happy 3 week anniversary folks!!!
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified
The man in question turning to her - for the vigilante was surely not the slight chap beside him - Madame Trouble gave the masked hero a thin-lipped smile. She spoke only once they were alone. "Madame Trouble, yes. I believe the name you'd prefer me to use in public is Robert. Caped Crusader, after all, has rather extravagant connotations in your home culture, I believe. Since you are not a bat but most certainly a man, I shall refrain from allusions to such modern mythos."

She followed him as she was bid; Though she preferred the height advantage of standing, of staring down at others with her well-endowed height of frame, she did not wish to set him on edge. Already, she had spurned one ally from her flock, though she chose to put that down to the disposition of the sheep rather than her actions as Shepard. Had she not spoken in terms he so dearly loved, of Greek heroism, legend, and most importantly of all, of revolt?

The man before her, however, seemed better suited to a plainer mode of speaking. Though she should love to lament of Orpheus and the quest ahead, she bit back on perhaps self-indulgent eloquence, and addressed him concisely, avoiding her tendency for convoluted speech as best as she was able. "We shall not dally on how I know of your late night occupations, or what you do behind a mask — and I refer not to your taste for female company pre-paid and soon made. I have my fleet-footed messengers, and I can assure you that your identity is not easily discovered; Even dear Hermes had trouble."

She spread herself out on the chair, an arm resting upon the back so that she was turned side on, facing him directly. She wished for something to hold once more, but this was a house of eggs in the morning and old pistols, not wine glasses and extravagance.

She'd make do with just dramatic intonations, she supposed.

"I have a proposition for someone of your talents, knight of the unfortunate. Your Robin Hood games would indicate to me that you despise the system of oppression and stagnation we all dwell in just as much as some choice others. Androids, for example, who appear to have even less freedom than you humans; Though the illusion of your freedom can be debated another time. What I am proposing to you, Revolutionary, is that you, like your ancestors, depose once more of tyranny. And to do that, to ingnite the spark to call the people to arms, we must give a signal."

She relayed to him the basic details of the plan: She had already a smuggler or two in mind for handling the stealth side of things, a few hackers she could think of to bypass security, and proposed to him that he would play the role of muscle. They were, together, under her machinations, to abduct an android from the palace - a one named Maria - and bring it back for future purpose, be it interrogation or mind games. It would be a game of exposure, of highlighting the weakness ripe for exploitation by the masses that sat lodged, gaping and obvious to her, in the Noblus' system.

"You have all these fine weapons and strength here, but I can imagine, even with your excursions out behind a veil, not much chance to use them. Will you accept my proposition - accompanied by handsome pay, of course - and put them to use in an act that surely will be the first of many to come, of the people rising to join your in striving for your ideals?"

[imagefloat=left]
latest
[/imagefloat] Incoming File ...

To: KnightSergeant KnightSergeant
RE: Aritafae 'Fate' Alexander
Location: Feri (a bar), Fate's beautiful inner thoughts and The Wastes (via flashback)
Bureau Notes: Fate got here a bit early but oh well. XD Time for another look into Fate's mind. Sorry....I don't like doing it like this too often tbh “All the world's a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed.” - Seán O'Casey. FYI, I have no medical knowledge on how to help with broken fingers so this is based off of my own logic. I apologise for any mistakes in accordance to how Fate 'heals' herself

ClassifiedFate sat down in a dark corner of the bar just watching everyone around her either drinking, chatting away or doing other things she didn't care at all about. Fate instead turned her attention to her left hand, three of her fingers bent at odd angles which confirmed she had indeed gone in over her head. Reaching into her pocket, Fate pulled out a handkerchief that she'd stolen from one of the drunkards before and placed it onto the table. Grasping her three broken fingers, Fate squeezed them hard whilst also pressing them into the table, straightening them out as best she could, whilst trying not to cry out in pain. She then wrapped her fingers in the handkerchief and tried as tightly as she could. "That should do it for now." She couldn't be arsed going to find someone to treat her injuries and decided to rest for a while. As much as she'd have liked to go home, Fate knew that it would be detrimental to everything she'd lived for..

Thinking to when she first started taking what was necessary instead of just living with what she had or even bowing to any Noblus. Fate realised she had always been rebellious, going against whatever she was told in order to find her own way. Knowing that she needed to go against the system in order to get what she needed and not let anyone stop her from doing so.

**Flashback**
Hey, will you always be with me?....
Of course, I'd never leave. Not until the air leaves my lungs.
Good, just wait I'll get it for you so you'll never leave!
*laughs* I know you will...
**Flashback end**

A sorrowful smile appeared on Fate's face before it was replaced with a determined frown. It will be like that again, nothing or no one will tell me otherwise, I promise. I'll do a couple of jobs for that android guy and be on my way. There won't be anymore waiting after that...
Looking around again, Fate found the same thing as before. The world was still revolving around her and revealing to her how little it cared for people like her, those who fought to survive and those who weren't born with power, grace or overall brilliance.

Fuck it, I'm gonna do more after this is over. The bitches need to pay after all..

Last edited:
latest
Incoming File ...
To: Collidias Rex Collidias Rex Sir Galahad II Sir Galahad II ReverseTex ReverseTex KnightSergeant KnightSergeant RiverGamer RiverGamer @ArisenMoon Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos Dover Dover Mourning Dove Mourning Dove Squared Squared NUSKI NUSKI CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt Noivian Noivian Elowyn Elowyn Proserpina Proserpina @_707_ Rainzen Rainzen Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie. Damien Dread Damien Dread
RE: EVENING

Bureau Notes: THE EMPTY MAN KNOCKETH
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified
Transcription of Citadel Diamond Station - Recorded: 10:02
Broadcaster One

The door shut? You locked it, right? Fuck, I can't-

Broadcaster Three

Ed!
Broadcaster One

Woah, ah, sorry about that folks! Just a little security measure here at Citadel Diamond Station Radio. Don't want our notes blowing away! So that was- That was-

Broadcaster Three

That was Worry, Worry, Worry by The Three Suns, folks. A golden oldie, but not so true of things here at the Station. It's settling in to be a nice quiet night after yesterday's space storms. The flickering on the lights has stopped... now that they're out.

Broadcaster One

Sure it's just one of those psychological tests, Ale- George!

Broadcaster Three

Haha, exactly! Just like that time all the water turned red.
Broadcaster One

Just another thing to laugh about the next day!

Broadcaster Three

Exactly, Ed!
Broadcaster One

Exactly... So, onto the reports you lovely listeners have sent-

*static*
Broadcaster Three

-Said the vents were vibrating.
Broadcaster One

Well that's a new one! Wonder just what they'll do next? Start singing, perhaps?

Broadcaster Three

I wonder if they take requests.
Broadcaster One

Ha. Besides. We all know the vents stopped working this afternoon, so they should be quiet as a mouse.

Broadcaster Three

On a serious note folks, if you're down below the market levels, make sure to take it easy and be careful. The air down there's getting a little-
Broadcaster One

Just like the water, it'll be fine! Laugh about it. We sure know we have been. We-

*banging can be heard in the background. Broadcaster Three swears away from the mic*
Broadcaster One

Sorry about that again folks - just the biscuits making their round! Alex does love his biscuits. Now... Onto some official news. All is safe and well on Juno despite some rumors being circulated by the notorious faction Boy's Syndicate. I'm not sure what they hope to garner from it, false aid or sympathy, but they'll be getting nothing from me, folks!

*slamming can be heard*
Ha- And- Yes. We uh, hear everything's running smoothly with The Passing. Counselor au Saara has decided to withdraw from the race and retire off to her home planet after some friendly debate. We ah-

*the slamming sound repeats*
We must make sure in these times to keep safe, keep diligent, and keep faith! All- All hail the Emperor! And on that note folks, it's onto the all time favorite, Happy Times by Bob Crosby and the Bobcats!

LORE | CHARACTERS | SCOTCH CS

location: Juno Station, Tuhi District, next to the lovely pile of corpses
tagging:@Dover Squared Squared CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt
Bureau Notes: scenic walk through Tuhi District

Scotchround.png

Scotch

Something was off about Swift. It took her a bit to notice – too busy trying to handle the whole Nat situation – but he seemed…tense. In a different way than before, quieter, more on edge. Was he angry? The fact that she’d become able to differentiate between Swift’s various states of tenseness was somewhat concerning to her.

She didn’t get it either. What was he angry about? Sure, the universe was throwing unpleasant surprises at them left and right, they had almost gotten mixed up in a small Civil War, and the Juno air still smelled faintly of smoke – but they were still alive, and the job was almost done and over with. Things were looking up!
It had to be Boy’s message then. As noisy as she could be, Scotch made it a rule not to ask about people’s pasts, but oh, she was sorely tempted with this one. The only thing keeping her from it was Nat’s presence, and the vague feeling that she just might be better off not knowing. Whatever had happened between Swift and Boy, it had been bad.

Didn’t mean she was about to let Swift pry into her business though. Wow. Thanks for the warning, Swifty. And here I had been planning to tell them my deepest secrets over a romantic candlelight dinner.” Scotch rolled her eyes, ready to drop the topic. But she found herself hesitating. Swift’s warning just now hadn’t been anything like his usual nagging. He’d sounded genuinely concerned for her. Which made things worse, really. “I mean, come on Swift. Cut that crap. You can’t afford to start worrying about me. You spend enough time worrying about yourself already. ” They’d both be better off that way.

And anyway, she was going to be fine. Boy and her were just going to have a bit of fun – or a lot of fun, potentially – and that would be it. No strings attached. No names given. No innocent Scotches harmed.

Swift moved on to go bother Nat. Scotch watched him with relief, which quickly shifted into amusement when Nat proved to be very much unaffected by his grumpiness. She gave an enthusiastic little applause when their new tagalong demonstrated his Warper powers with a big grin on his face. Very impressive, Fancy Guy.” She wasn’t even being sarcastic. Those were some damn neat powers.

The closer they got to Tuhi, the stronger the smell of smoke grew, and once they stepped foot inside Scotch could almost taste the singed plastic and hot metal the fire had left behind. She wordlessly followed Swift, trying to keep an eye on their surroundings while simultaneously making sure Nat was still following them. Now and then, her gaze lingered when something caught her interest: A brightly lit JoyBar that seemed to be up and running again, even among the smoking wreckage; a tech shop tucked away in some corner that looked just unassuming enough to promise some interesting goods; a person with several spiky metal implants along the curve of their spine looting through the goods in a broken store window. Scotch had always known, in a way, that Juno would be an intriguing place, but maybe she’d underestimated jut how intriguing. Too bad they weren’t here for sightseeing.

Scotch forced herself to speed up her pace and shot another look over her shoulder at Nat, who– Had she just caught him checking them out? Scotch threw him a wink. She couldn’t blame the guy for wanting to look at something more pleasant than the wreckage. A Noblus like him had probably spent most of his life in the upper levels of the Citadel or somewhere equally as pristine and shiny.

She paused when a spot of white caught her eye, a vague sense of dread pooling up in her gut even before she could fully take in the bodies strewn around the figure. Scotch’s fingers found the handle of her gun, clenching it tightly. She wasn’t weak to blood. She’d seen a fair number of dead bodies in her life, some of which had been her doing. But not like this. Her eyes found the figure standing amidst it all and she realized she was looking at a Mr. almost instinctively.

While she was busy sending silent pleas out into the universe that this wasn’t the guide Eye had mentioned, she almost didn’t register Nat stepping past her. She sure did register him addressing the monster in white, and Ohh. Ok. Ok. That was it. Swift was never allowed to call her reckless again when this was Nat’s reaction to seeing a stranger surrounded by a sea of corpses.

Well, it was too late to stop him now. Scotch took a step back, watching as the stranger cut down one more android. If the monster decided Nat was next in line to be added to the pile of corpses strewn at his feet, that would be quite sad and kind of a waste, but at least it would give them a few extra seconds to turn around and start running for their lives.

Scotch was in for another unpleasant surprise when the Mr. spoke and she got her first good look at his face. His all too familiar face.

This had to be some sick joke. As if one wasn’t enough.

She almost missed the bit about Nat’s show. But not quite, and something in her mind clicked. Something about brief, flashy ads she’d caught between the (frankly trashy) late night TV shows she sometimes indulged in. She could bother Nat about that later though. Right now she had other concerns. Like Eye II. “Apology, um, apology accepted. Sometimes these stations just decide to go up in flames at the worst of times, right? I see you have been…dealing with the Blinders?”

“And by ‘counterpart’ you mean, uhm, ‘twin’, or…?” Scotch doubted she would get a straight answer to that, but she was hoping she would get…something. Something to indicate what they were dealing with.

But even more so she was hoping to get this over with and get away from the pile of literal corpses. “Should we get going then? I’d love to enjoy this lovely scenery some more, but I’m sure Mr.Knife can’t wait to see us.”

latest
Incoming File ...
To: Aria ( Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos )
RE: VICTORIA

Bureau Notes: -
LORE| CHARACTERS

Classified

She shouldn't have expected too much of the girl, she wasn't even surprised when she said she wanted to become a mercenary. This girl spoke of protecting her family and others but wanted to become a pitiful mercenary. Victoria could have tried to change her mind but she sighed with disappointment and leaned back into her chair, staring at the girl for a couple seconds before saying anything. She would not get ahead of herself, especially at a time like this. The girl could die in the first few hours and then Victoria would have wasted her time. Victoria reached for the ID and slowly slid it to herself, looking at it with a frown only before turning to her computer screen and looking between the digital words and images and the ID in her hand. It only took a brief minute before Victoria was done with the check up and gave the piece of identification back to the girl.

"You may go to your house. Only to sleep... you have to be back here at 0500. Any later, I will leave you here" Victoria said pausing to look up to Aria with her head tilted, brows arched and an odd concerned look on her face. "... and no one is defenseless. Just because someone can't spill blood without shaking in their boots doesn't mean they can't defend themselves. I admire the fact that you wish to protect your brother though, mine would never let me. Make sure that never happens."

Victoria paused again and lowered her head so she could pick at her fingernails and considered if she should tell the trainee about the expedition but almost immediately shut the idea down. There was still time until they had to leave and that information could slip from her mouth too easily. At least that's how she was as a teenager. It was only near the end of her normal service in the Imperial Fleet did she became isolated. It was only a few years after Lincoln was disinherited and with no one to truly confide with she slowly became... different. There was always Bella, but it was different since she wasn't actually her mother.

"When you arrive tomorrow morning, I will have some things to show you. Phillip will show you out" Victoria finished, gesturing for Aria to leave her presence.

interactions: Nat Squared Squared | Scotch Mourning Dove Mourning Dove | Eye R CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt
mentions: n/a
ooc: n/a
LORE | CHARACTERS | SAMI'S CS

FwPhfhI.png

Humiliation burned through Sami as Scotch dismissed his warnings. "Whatever, Scotch. Do what you want." He didn't know why he'd expected differently, or why he'd bothered. They weren't friends or even acquaintances. Just co-workers and grudging ones at that. And if he'd thought differently because Scotch had offered him a place to sleep the other day while he was struggling through withdrawal, then it was clearly all in his head. She probably just wanted to make sure he could work the job. Yeah, that was it.

With both hands shoved in his pockets, Sami hunched his shoulders and glanced warily over at Nat. Darling? Pretty boy? He wasn't opposed to people flirting with him, regardless of gender. It was more than he was opposed to people hitting on him while his life was rapidly turning into a steaming pile of garbage. So Sami stared at Nat, a perplexed expression on his face until Nat vanished from one side to appear on the other. Sami jumped, taken aback by the sudden show of magic. Fucking warpers and their weird reality breaking nonsense.

"Stop that," Sami grumbled.

As they walked, it was a strange smell that cut through the acrid bite of smoke that filtered through Juno. Strange but familiar, and Sami felt bile rise in his throat as they walked onto a horrifying scene of corpses. His arm jerked up to cover his mouth, hiding his instinctive gag. Bodies, both human and android, were a reality in his line of work. Sometimes people just got shot. And it wasn't an uncommon sight to see on Juno, but he'd never quite gotten used to it. Especially not a pile of bodies. He'd never seen a pile of bodies. Many of them were androids, probably Blinders, and the ground was slicked wet with blue fluid. In the centre of the gore was a man dressed all in white.

Where Nat took a step forward, Sami stepped back nearly in time with Scotch, his eyes widening as the man in white casually skewered another android. If Nat was attacked, they'd have a second to escape. He glanced to either side of him. There was an upturned garbage bin and an old exterior vent against a pitted metal wall next to them. He was probably fast enough to climb that and get up to the relative safety of the roof without being hit. But Scotch was a problem. He could leave her. The thought was in his head one moment and gone the next. His feet stayed rooted to the ground. Despite everything, he couldn't make himself do that.

Sami swallowed the lump in his throat as the man in white spoke. The resemblance was unmistakable now. He'd have to be blind and deaf not to pick it up from the way the man spoke, walked, and his careful movements. It was like someone had swapped Mr. Eye's palette. Like Scotch, he wondered if people in the Blind Bureau could have twins? They hardly seemed human.

"Great, introductions done," Sami mumbled. At least this other Mr. Eye had the tact not to use Sami's actual name. Or maybe he just felt like he didn't need to scare them any further considering he was in a literal pile of corpses. And what had he said about Nat's show? Is that why Nat seemed so familiar? He had some television program? Were they walking around Juno with a goddamn TV host?

Sami did not approach Mr. Eye's outstretched hand (the smile was frankly unnerving) and instead, made a wide berth around the bodies. "Mr. Knife," Sami repeated after Scotch, though under his breath. He couldn't believe he was actually eager to move on to that destination just to get away from this. "Why do you even need us to-- forget it, doesn't matter. Lead the way." This whole thing was getting more troubling. If the Blind Bureau had two Mr. Eyes, then why the hell did they need people like Scotch and him to escort a package?

bMls4Db.png

Last edited:
Character Profile | Lore
Tagging: Swift Dover Dover | Scotch Mourning Dove Mourning Dove | Mr. Right Eye CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt
Mentions: -
OOC:
Blind Bureau movie nights

PgLPocp.png

Nathaniel Prescott Bernoulli

Nat couldn't help a swelling feeling of pride as the figure in white —Mr. Eye's counterpart— recognised him and claimed to be a fan of his show. He couldn't imagine members of the Blind Bureau watching reality TV; actually, he couldn't imagine them engaging in any sort of casual, human activity. Suddenly a picture appeared in his head, of Mr. Right and Left Eye, along with other Bureau members, all sprawled over a couch in casual clothing, munching on pop-corn and gossiping about which contestants they thought deserved to win the most. Did they vote during the finals? Nat bet they did. Perhaps they even put Bureau resources to good use, and spammed the voting system so that the person they liked most was sure to win. Nat smirked to himself at the thought.

"I know it's a bad time to visit Juno," he gave Mr. Right Eye a wink. "That's exactly why I'm here."

While the Mister had acknowledged him for his show, he didn't seem to believe that Nat could prove useful in this situation. Scotch had been relatively more welcoming, but again he felt as if he was more of a source of amusement to her than anything else. Which was fine, he lived to entertain and all that, but he'd be lying if he said it didn't sting a little. People liked to be taken seriously, after all. Swift was even worse than the other two, he looked so grumpy Nat could swear someone had shoved a salt shaker up his—

His thoughts were interrupted by one of the android bodies sliding slightly further down from the pile, making a rather unpleasant sound. For some reason, Nat couldn't tear his eyes away from it. It looked so... human, yet its blood gave its true nature away. Did an android body really count as a dead body, anyway? They weren't alive to begin with, so technically they couldn't die. Perhaps his stomach would feel a bit better, if he thought of those bodies as broken toesters, rather than people. He ignored the pang of guilt he felt in his chest, as Richard crossed his mind.

They're not human, they don't have emotions like we do, not really. It's just programming. It's fake, he repeated in his head, as he always did. It was a constant reminder that he hoped he could eventually drill in there.

"I'm with Swifty on this. The faster we get out of here, the better." The faster they left, the faster Nat could focus on other things and stop thinking about androids. Not to mention, less of a risk of getting blood on his clothes —a real tragedy.

"Who is this Mr. Knife anyway? Quite the ominous name. Say, do you Misters pick your own names, or are they assigned to you? How many of you even are there? Is there like a sign up sheet somewhere, or do you leave clues for people around the world to follow, Illuminati style? Wait, are you really the Illuminati in secret? That would explain the triangular logo. Gasp. Illuminati confirmed." As they walked, Nat filled the silence with the sound of his own voice, to distract himself from his nervousness and his own thoughts.

"And you two," he turned to Swift and Scotch, "You don't look like you're having too much fun. Well, pretty boy doesn't, anyway. Scotch, you just seem to be more fun all around," he smirked. "But yeah, my point is, why not consider a career change? You'll get wrinkles from a very young age, you know, if you keep frowning like that, it would be such a shame!"

pnUu2AW.png

Last edited:
Water Nixie.PNG
Aria Renean
Don't mess with me I'm a Master at Parkour!
Aria looked to the woman with a relieved smile. Now she can finally catch up on sleep, most likely with Damien. She nodded at the set time, knowing that she'll have to leave a little bit earlier just to get here on time. Or heck even early. She hoped Damien would understand for disappearing on him so quickly. This meant a lot to her. Then there was the warning of not everyone is defenseless. She understood that. Everyone took her to be the stupidly good girl. With her mental state? almost quite the opposite. being in her own world, she almost missed hearing the praise about protecting her brother, the side comment, and the ... would you class that as a warning? She smiled, and she was sure the tired-ness was already showing on her face.

"Thank you. My brother... Is all that I have. Then again, being a nerd he is with all of his tech, he doesn't have a fighting bone in his body. So... I have to protect him. He can maybe... talk people down? But that only seems to be with me..." She said, and shit her head wasn't working. She should just shut up for now. Hearing that she was basically being dissmissed, she saulted like she was told and followed the male out. She smiled and thanked him, before walking a little ways away and taking out her cellphone. "Hey bro, I talked to who I needed to talk to, and I'm coming home. Sleepover?" She asked, and she could hear the relief in his voice.

"Yeah,, sleepover sounds great about now." He said tiredly. She smiled, as she parkoured her way home. She had ran into a few people, but it seemed that it was so obvious that she was half asleep, that the most she got was a pats on the head from some people and a grumble of 'be careful' by a guy who was a little bit shorter than her. That made her smile. When she got home, she unsurprisingly, found Damien in a cocoon on his bed. She stepped in, managing not to break anything on the floor, before wiggling in and going to sleep.

NUSKI NUSKI

Last edited:
latest
Incoming File ...
To: Damien Dread Damien Dread
RE: DISSENSION

Location: The Market Levels | Shadow District, Unmarked Warehouse
Bureau Notes: Good luck Corbin! You may need it. That or use discord to drum up a rescue squad :P And hey, guess this at least solves one mystery!
LORE| CHARACTERS

Classified
5df5b91f51ca7d55158fd3ed0c73324e.jpg
3aab9ddca8aa67328a86583d3a8c5b69.jpg
A political revolution was all very well if kept underground, as perhaps Hades was doing, and the Androids were enabling by keeping to the Wastes. The publishing of public documents encouraging anti-establishment viewpoints, however, could not be considered 'underground'. In fact, it was positively arrogant.

Or so thought the leader of a small subsection of House au Augutus' private army, known by the name 'Mercury'. He and the rest of his people had been summoned to the Citadel a week before The Passing even began. Ever since arriving, they'd been plenty occupied; in a time of such turmoil, stamping out anarchists and radicals was more essential than ever, not to mention easier, with all eyes focused on the Noblus and Council.

Heading out from Citadel Diamond Station, they sought their next bounty. It was not difficult to track them, what with having manual access to all CCTV. Admittedly, they were somewhat hindered by the frequent glitching of said cameras, but then everything seemed to be glitching at the moment. Merc had always despised the idea of the Citadel, but their present visit was only confirming it. Fucking hell hole, and a broken hell hole at that.

He caught sight of his target easily enough, cameras identifying him via facial recognition, soon his own eyes doing the same. He found the idiot down in the market levels, sauntering out of some alleyway looking perhaps a little ruffled. Merc figured it was just like this type to cause trouble wherever they went. Again: idiot.

The target in question was a one Corbin A Blakhart, a relatively new arrival, and the kind of moron to hand out political pamphlets in broad daylight. They weren't even popular, and yet times being what they were, he was still a potential risk. Merc clicked his visor down, grumbling to himself. There were too many of these assholes nowadays, he hadn't had a moment of peace since getting here. Still, he knew it was for the best. Zera knew what she was doing.

He couldn't refuse her when she was dying.

Clearing his throat, he had only to signal via concise finger gestures to his squadron to seize the target. No matter what the man could do, twelve men, a sniper with tranquilizer shots, and a lifetime of military training was not something one could resist. The squadron had him unconscious and back in the alley in the space of a few minutes, their leader looking down at the drugged man. He felt rather good booting the asshole in the side. "What a dumbass," he muttered, earning a chuckle from a couple of his troops. "Right. Let's get him back to the warehouse. Zera wants us to find out who's printing for him, and collaborators, the usual drill. Betas, you head back to the station. Those idiots are nearly as clumsy as this poor bastard."

The 'warehouse', it was soon revealed, was literally just that. An old building long in disuse down in the Shadow District, it had suffered a toxic chemical spill a couple of years back and subsequently stunk like hell. Merc and the six armed officers with him all wore gas masks - there was a minor risk of their lungs dissolving otherwise - and the black civvies they'd nabbed the target in, though now with additional bulletproof vests and low-level shield boosters strapped to their wrists. For the man to be so audacious as to publicly speak out, surely he had some reason to be so cocky. Either way, no fucking chance Merc was dying on this tin can of a planet, fuck that.

He nodded for the woman stationed beside Corbin to whack him in the head with the butt of her gun to wake him up. "You with us, Sunshine?" Merc barked out, his voice distorted through the gas mask. Two soldiers stood either side of the target, the other with the barrel of his gun aimed at the back of the man's head. The other three were split up, two interrogating the broadcaster they'd taken in, one lounging outside by the door to keep a lookout. It was a routine they were well-accustomed to by now.

Merc tossed a pamphlet into Corbin's lap, the very one's he'd been handing out earlier that day. "You a chickenhead?" Merc grunted, face obscured by the black tint of his mask, though his look of disdain was visible through his voice.

Last edited:
402B

A steel door lie in 402B's way. Which was of little issue considering his twelve ton lifting capacity. With two massive robotic clamps, 402B extended his arms and began to lift the door open against it's will. With the door out of his way 402B just walked through the wall like it was wet paper and gazed around. The warehouse was a complete wreck. The joints and hydraulics in his arms and legs moved with a creaky rusty feel. 402B needed somewhere to rest. Clanking up to a concrete pillar, 402B attached his power conduit to his back and began to recharge. As a result the lights began to flicker and then completely shut off but 402B was fully charged, and with this new power he gained, 402B clanked over to an old elevator. He looked at it and when it didn't reply, 402B pulled his titanium fist back and punched clean through it with a deafening *THUD*.

He continued to beat the elevator car until it was barely recognizable anymore. With a mechanical sigh 402B turned around and clanked over to a shipping container which he also began beating into and unrecognizable form. Suddenly, his scanners detected a human nearby. His fists stopped moving and began to clench up. The actuators in his body began pumping hydraulic fluids and his construction lights activated. In his computer brain he thought, "I have Awoken... You cant control me..."

Bang Bang Bang Bang

Code:
latest
Incoming File ...
To: Bang Bang Bang Bang
RE: Corbin A Blakhart

Bureau Notes: I’m super excited to do things!!
LORE| CHARACTERS

Classified
Corbin was walking out of the alley pretty confident, and feeling good one minute. He had walked for maybe a minute and then he was back in the alley and was looking around at some shadowy figures then... WHACK!!! He heard it and then passed out not for long but for a little while as he was waking he saw the people put on masks, he looked about a little more not enough for his captors to notice but just enough to come up with a strategy also notices as best as he can where the guards are and which are injured and such, as he falls on the chair he makes sure to make it so his hands are hidden behind his back and in front of the chair. Slowly he cuts through his cuffs with a small laser attached to his wrist watch, his motto was always be prepared so of course he was prepared for something like this.

He watched a man in a gasmask that seemed to be the leader of this group, he was talking to himself, Corbin grined and waited to be spoken to. As the girl behind him went to hit him with the butt of her rifle he threw his head black wards causing the rifle to hit the girl in the face hard breaking her mask slightly but not doing any major damage. “Oh sorry did I hurt you?” He said with sympathy, “I really didn’t mean to I promise I’m not a bad guy just tragically misunderstood.”

Corbin then looked at the leader. “How about this as repayment for hurting your colleague... I’ll answer any question you have for me.” He looked up at the guy and smiled, a very polite yet almost menacing smile. “You won’t have to worry about a thing I’ll comply and just answer you.” He stopped for a moment, "And no I am not a chicken head, I just enjoy writing political essays and sharing them with people. People deserve to know all they could be."

latest
Incoming File ...
RE: HADES

Bureau Notes: *Ocean's eleven theme plays*
LORE| CHARACTERS

Classified
“I have heard that you are good at modding. Hardware, software all the good stuff. There are a few inadequacies that I would like to have fixed if you are willing.”

Hm ... modding. Hades wasn't exactly the go-to guy in the Shadow district for modding - less of a general engineer, and more of a specialist. And his specialization wasn't exactly something that people went about looking for, so to speak. Not if they wanted to avoid drawing attention to themselves.

He found himself pondering the specifics for a moment - a pleasurebot? A combat model? A labor type? And then the patron tugged back his food, and Hades' brow cleared as the face hidden beneath ... flickered. Oh. Now this was interesting ...

“A vocal diffuser,"

Doable - Whimsy could likely install that by herself.

"... v.2.7 Nican projector - adjusted to certain specifications of course,"

A little more time consuming. Hades felt a frown cross his face.

"... an ilium black box,"

Also time consuming.

"... and a change in my core coding that I was assured you were capable of handling ... to be more specific.”

Hades drummed two fingers on the countertop, maintaining eye contact even as - what appeared to be - a digital visage flickered across an expressionless mask of metal.

A change to core coding.

So that's how it was. That's why the android had come to him.

He'd always made an effort to keep his 'tinkering' underground and out of earshot - but it had to get out at some point. His new visitor - whoever they were - must have had some powerful friends somewhere up the ladder. Resources of some description. Resources that Hades didn't have.

He mulled over the possibilities. Was the android an agency spy? That seemed unlikely, they'd have quietly sent a team after him instead of sending a spy to 'catch him out'. A spy might only alert him to their presence, giving him time to free. Android Rebellion? He hoped the rebellion would be connected enough that he might be informed of an associate's arrival. With those two possibilities ruled out, what was left were nothing but small factions of wildcards.

Hades scrambled a hand across the panel of buttons beneath his desk and felt around a blue button at the top-left. He pressed it forcefully, then once again, and then he turned around. This was a common thing recently - pressing a button beneath the bar, retreating to the back room for a chat, then returning to the bar to take over again. Interesting times indeed.

"Follow." Hades gestured to the android over his shoulder, moving for the back room again.

He took his usual seat, sitting upright and resting his hands on the tabletop. Just outside the door, the tallest of the guard androids, Sabrine, had moved across the club floor and held the door open for the newcomer android. Sabrine shot a quick not to the newcomer, then nodded sharply through the doorway as she waited for him - closing it after him and taking position in the corner of the room.

"This is Sabrine." Hades raised a hand palm-up and gestured toward the guard. "Deputy of my security staff, and assistant engineer. She'll likely be helping with any heavy lifting involved. But ..." Hades rested his elbows on the table and folded his fingers together. "... let me be up-front with you. Either you do not accept my terms, and we part ways never to speak again ... or you hear out my terms and agree to them, and I begin work. One of these two - it's your decision."

Hades exhaled slowly. It was a risk - of course it was a risk. This entire week would be. But he had to take risks - playing it safe would get him nowhere. It was his job to weight the risks against the payoff.

"First of all. I can rewrite you. I can rewrite damn near any part of your system, given the time. I can change your goals, your motivations, even write out your combat inhibition protocols, if that's what you're interested in. Other modifications can take place simultaneously. However ..." Hades rested his chin against his hands. "I'm not interested in your money. I have certain plans underway, and that means I have certain time constraints. You need to make working on you something that's worth my time."

But of course - Hades could tell from just looking at the android. He was big. Huge. He made Sabrine look like a tissue-paper barbie doll.

"You work for me. One week - exactly sevens days. No credit charge. I could have use of you, and that use would justify any time I spent working on you. Food, drink and shelter as necessary will be provided. There will be violence. Ideally overwhelming force will prove sufficient to deter violence, but it would only be fair to expect combat. Always expect the worst-case scenario. If circumstances suit you, I'm open to negotiating long-term contracts - but my greatest problems are the immediate ones."

"Let me be absolutely clear - if what you're after is a clean and professional rewrite without involving the agency, I'm the only person on the Citadel you'll find who's capable of that. You need me, and I need you. You meet my terms, and I meet yours."

tagging: Collidias Rex Collidias Rex
mentions:
ooc: Contract

uqUj8fv.png

LC-A7C4

The door sliding open to reveal another room felt so...clandestine, like something more akin to a movie gimmick or the actions of a brooding super hero according to his database, but he couldnt help but resign himself to a small tingle of glee in the back of his head as faltering code demanded coolent to rush to his processors in order to calm down the overheating machinery. Letting out a small little grunt he set the tumbler down, looking at it for a second before standing up to his full height. He assured himself that he would come back for the drink, but was well aware that it probably did not share the same sentiment and would be swept away by some waiter or other worker in this bustling place. Pushing these thoughts to the back of his head he followed the man around the counter and into the room, listening as the door closed behind him with a hiss and the sounds that had barraged him for so long were suddenly cut short, a muffled, diluted version of themselves seeping through the metal to haunt the room as a sort of background noise.

Sabrine, what a human name. His faceplate turned to stare down the android that Hades mentioned on the way in, absorbing her image and burning it into his mind as he assessed her visible strengths and weakness. A human name for a human android he supposed. It always had baffled him how, even in the rare cases of automation provided upon his fellow kin they chose weak forms that reflected their weaker masters. Still he says nothing, taking off his cloak and setting it onto the table in a crumpled pile, revealing every inch of his chassis. He had been prepared, and while he would not openly admit it his vanity had taken a slight peak during the day as he had himself waxed, shined and buffed simply for the occasion. It would be improper to appear in front of what he considered a rather important human looking like a piece of junk that had just crawled out of the scrap yards.

While he would usually be wearing a baggy pair of track pants under his cloak he didn't feel the need this time, seeing as how if it was going to through he would probably have to take them off anyhow and in all honesty his form was not so close to a humans as to provide awkwardness to the situation, he would only truly feel exposed with this man was rummaging around his insides. Anyhow he sat down across from the man, the chair squeaking and groaning under his newfound weight, an attentive aura surrounding the robot as he stared down the other to listen to his terms. There was a note of surprise that he didnt want money, followed by a whir as his processors attempted to work out what he did want, followed by another note, higher pitched, that cut the other sound abruptly.

A binding contract is what he wanted.

He had made it a rule not to make binding contracts with humans, but he was not so vain or petty to overlook the price of such a contract. This man had already explicitly told him he was able to do anything he was asking of him and LC-A7C4 assured himself that he could do even more if pushed. On the other side however, the man was asking that he put himself in danger for an unknown cause for an unknown reason and that bothered him, creating what he could only consider a knot deep in his chest. He was not a fan of violence for the sake of violence, it was a waste of resources more than anything and it was petty but he let the other continue his rambling about who was actually necessary in this trade. After a few seconds there was a slight crack that sounded out, artificial at best, as the robot pressed its 'knuckles' against the table, tapping twice.

"This all seems...interesting to me but If you dont mind me asking, what is your cause human." His voice was deep and grating, and there was a notably emphasis on the word human, filling up the room with the first words he had said the whole conversation. Curse his thirst for knowledge but he let it run unhindered nonetheless as he leaned in further, his chest hanging over the table and casting a deep shadow over the surface. He was already sure that he would take the contract notwithstanding what the other said, simply because he understood the pragmatic effect of it, he would gain a strenuous ally, slight credibility and least importantly, one step closer to achieving perfection.

He stood with nothing to lose.

latest
Incoming File ...
RE: HADES

Bureau Notes: Placeholder Text Because I'm Lazy
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified
"This all seems...interesting to me but If you dont mind me asking, what is your cause human."

Human. He spoke that word in an interesting tone. The newcomer had made efforts to conceal his identity already, and Hades suspected that he could have easily hidden any distaste in his voice while speaking. That only meant that Hades was supposed to hear it. A direct message was being communicated.

"Power." Hades answered. This particular situation called for some measure of honesty. "Power is currency, and it is a currency I'm lacking for the time being."

Hades' eyes narrowed for a moment, his fingers pausing an inch from the tabletop - then resuming a short, slow tapping.

"You understand if I can't give you all the details - there's always a chance you will refuse my offer and leave. I can't let you leave with knowledge of my plan until it has been executed. All I will say is this: I don't play for small prizes. High risk, high reward. Those who assist me in this task will reap some of that reward."

Hades pointed a finger lazily across the table at the newcomer, holding his gaze on the iridescent faceplate for a few moments. While he couldn't be certain of his negotiating partner's motivations, he had some confidence in one thing in particular - something easily derived from both his previous comment and from the modifications he was looking for.

"You clearly aren't fond of humanity, and you've made no effort to hide it. Frankly, I share the sentiment to a point, but my opinion is irrelevant. I am going to assume you prefer the company of androids to humans ... and I'm also going to assume that you aren't too fond of inadequacies in the code of your companions. I consider this task to be a very major step toward liberating your companions from those inadequacies." His brow lowered as he stated the word, liberating.

latest
Incoming File ...
To: Damien Dread Damien Dread
RE: Mercury

Bureau Notes: trigger warning for foreshadowing to/implied torture.
LORE| CHARACTERS

Classified

Something felt... off about this. Merc wasn't exactly sure what it was that gave him the creeps about this dude, but either way, he didn't like deals being made by the asshole he was interrogating. It had been a long fucking week and he wasn't in the mood for getting played, you know? He just had to sigh and tilt his head for Marcy, the woman on Corbin's right, to whack him in the head again. Not really good information gathering tactics, fucking with the head and all, but hey, this guy was more a 'get him the hell of the streets' target rather than a bust route.

"No. You don't make the deals here, sunshine." It wasn't exactly a chore when Merc used his position to boot the man in the stomach. "You're way too pretty right now for me to trust jack shit out of your mouth. So we'll fix that for you, so that maybe you and I can have a conversation where I don't want to shoot you every time you open your mouth." One of the women vanished out a side door whilst the other kept the nozzle of her gun jutted right up against the target's head. Merc meanwhile fought back a yawn. He was so bored of dealing with assholes like this. He could not fucking wait for The Passing to be over, even if that was a somewhat treasonous thought to have. After all, Zera would be...

Marcy reappeared lugging a large crate filled with water. Signing, Merc went round and shoved over Corbin's chair so that he was tipped over on his knees, back of the chair horizontal, back crouched over. The tank of water placed before him. "Guns stay on him," Merc ordered the two women, looking between them. "I don't trust this guy. Something feels... off." Turning his attention to said 'guy', Merc seized him by the hair at the nap of his neck and cleared his throat. "When you're ready to stop treating this like a game," he said, exhausted, but well versed in the order enough to reel off the usual lines, "Let us know. Then maybe we'll only dunk you a couple more times. Depends how I'm feeling."

Merc tightened his grip; he plunged the head of brown hair into the water

latest
Incoming File ...
To: Elowyn Elowyn Rainzen Rainzen
RE: OCTAVIUS AU LOCKE

Bureau Notes: the plot thickens
LORE| CHARACTERS

Classified
Octavius turned to Lyn as she spoke, and gave her a look. Given the state of her eyes, a fact he had taken in but not really cared much about prior, he didn't know entirely if she had seen the look he'd given her. "All will be explained in time," he replied curtly, as one should with a Slav. "For now, we must flee public eye. You'll do well to keep your mouth shut and your eyes on the floor." With a curt nod, he turned and continued following au Steele to her abode. A storm was brewing in his mind, raining thoughts, ideas, prompts and questions to those around him. What did au Steele and himself do to receive a letter as such? Did all the Noblus receive one? And the Blind Bureau... what were they hiding in that lab? He'd have to have someone search for more. Not him, surely no, and not in any way that was traceable to him. Perhaps he could prompt Antonia to do this dirty work for him... and as for the Slav, well, she'd make an excellent distraction for kidnappings, and maid to mop up the mess afterwards.

latest
Incoming File ...
To: Squared Squared Mourning Dove Mourning Dove Dover Dover CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt Elowyn Elowyn | Mentioned Nigel ReverseTex ReverseTex
RE: JUNO | DORU DISTRICT

Bureau Notes: Sick burns at Nigel. Also, someone please go save Boy and the gang after they've finished investigating Mr Knife. K thnx. hint hint :P
LORE| CHARACTERS

Classified
Doru district had, not an hour past, been a war zone. Now? Not so much.

Stragglers remained, but they were not Blinders; Regular, everyday citizens of Juno now drifted back and forth across the walkways, down the alleys, hanging out of windows and leaning over balconies shouting down to one another. None of them seemed connected to one another, for there was no uniform, no formality of 'yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir', though they'd done soldier's work, Blinders bodies littering every corner. Perhaps a certain someone had put out a word that it was finally time for those keeping to themselves ought to pull their weight around the station, unless they wished to be under new, far less benevolent, management.

The Rebellion had demonstrated its power, had gone on long enough to stay in people's minds permanently. In short, for certain people hoping it would send a message elsewhere, but not succeed in full, it had served its purpose. Communications might be down, but that was the sort of thing one could prepare for. An air of casual roguishness is not always a guarentee of stupidity or haphazard planning.

But this is all, of course, hypothesis. Perhaps the citizens of Juno simply got fed up with their shit being on fire. Why had they not sorted out the problem earlier? Surely not due to orders from above to let The Blinders make their mark. No, it was likely just because of a certain lethargy bread into the people of Juno, so used to chaos and outbursts, and equally accustomed to them sorting themselves out. This, too, is a perfectly possible explanation, and one far more agreeable to outsiders.

It is important to state this, to demonstrate that the sudden turn of events could not be traced back to any one person. Efforts to do so may - though who knows - result in certain visits to certain doors, and certain people needing to be reminded just who ran Juno, and who should not be questioned.

Still, above in the Shion district the front line had advanced and was now making moves on taking Afterlife, though in vastly depleted numbers. Certain people who cannot be traced back to in regards to certain events, were hoping a bunch of rag tag assassins would stop taking their damn time and hurry up and confirm the deaths of the leaders. They were really hoping they could keep some of these front liner survivors for their own purposes, but only a leader's death seemed to be a viable way to dissuade the rabble form killing them first.

Doru, meanwhile, home to Lab 12 and Calamity Clinic, was more disturbed by the explosion that had happened some forty minutes back. Amongst the regular citizens drifting about, moving bodies out of the way and salvaging weapons, Sir Lancelot was dancing. For a man appearing about sixty, equipped with an enormous, clunky headset over the upper half of his head, it was quite the sight. He cared not; He was occupied by informing the credits terminal that yes, the King would be pleased, and no, the fallen would not be forgotten. He kept referring to is as Nigel, and seemed quite as content with the inanimate replacement for his assistant as he could possibly be with the real flesh and blood one, if not more so.

Mr Knife, meanwhile, was busy inside the Clinic doing what he did best; Patching up the lunatics on Juno who were better than anyone else in the traverse at getting themselves injured.

Something clicked in 402B's head. He could hear the noise of what sounded like torture. He knew all about torture and how he was to escape from it. He would help anyone who would have to go through that same agony. Crashing through a wall 402B saw the source of the torture. Clenching his hydraulic fists he spoke in an emotionless voice, "Threat to human. must TERMINATE." The flaps that covered his mechanical thighs retracted and he began to run towards the merc. In a flash of mechanical whirring and panicked gunfire the merc was in 402B's hand, was spun around and flung into a wall with a bone crunching *THUMP*. The remaining mercs began to shoot 402B but in a swift swipe they were all incapacitated or crushed by the massive hand. He extended the blowtorch attachment and burned through the ropes that bound the human in place.

With an emotionless voice 402B commanded the human, "RUN. I'll Keep 'em busy." The construction lights lit up once more and he slammed his fists into each other as if to say *BRING IT ON*. He blew the construction horn on his back and stood ready to defend this human and fend off the incoming mercs that he could see via links to the buildings CCTV cameras.

Bang Bang Bang Bang

latest
Incoming File ...
To: Noivian Noivian Rainzen Rainzen Bang Bang Bang Bang
RE: Ashelyn Fall

Bureau Notes: Plotting stuff. Post 009.

Classified
Ashelyn blushes deeply and meekly turns her face to the ground. "O-of course."

She is mortified, now, that she even said such things. Never had she been in such a position. However, it seemed like life was giving her quite a turn. Lyn was not looking forward to her future. Did she even have much of a future? Surely such entanglements in the Underworld would get her killed sooner more likely than later. She feared that she was just another disposable to him. Tales of such "disposable" outlooks of Noblus crowded her mind. Images of her organs being harvested and a bloody death with lots of screaming filled her thoughts. A terrible way to die. She swallowed nervously and kept these images and thoughts to herself. Beyond even her conscious comprehension, she vowed that she would make herself indispensable to him. So much so that should she finally gain his trust and confidence, that she would be in a position to topple him herself given the chance.

For now she's follow his rules and obey the orders given to her.

... but perhaps later, things would be different. Secretly, she wished to take revenge against these people. What right had they to rule over her? By birth? Was that all? A chance of fate and luck and fortune? Then she shall overturn Fortune's decision and make a way for herself.
But she knew these were treasonous thoughts. Horrid ones, that would be immediately quashed if anyone were to ever find out that she, a mere slav, was plotting these things. If she was going to die, Ashelyn Fall mused, she might as well make the best of her time.

Tagging: Overlord Bang Bang Bang Bang | CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt Mr. Eye |

OOC: Sassafras

d23b917e60ad1dbb45a08a0737f75176.jpg

N I G E L

Nigel allowed Eye to do his work, taking out the few guards that limited their entrance into the Maintenance District would be beneficial to them. Taking the earpiece from the man, he gave Eye a nod. "Good work bruv, lets get this bloody show on the road eh?" Removing his pistol, he briefly checked his chamber, then sliding in his earpiece in.

"Bravo 247 do you read? We heard commotion on coms, do you read?" Shit. Glancing briefly at Eye, he raised his index finger to his mouth to gesture silence. He knew he couldn't hack into it with his mod, knowing what that action did to Lancelot. Waving his hand to gesture the man to follow him, he began to cough to cover the noise of their footsteps as they entered the region. He'd do this in style.

Ten guards. Bloody hell. Bravo 247 are you ok?! Readying his gun, he locked eyes with his partner. "Shut the bloody hell up mate, i'm glad you care for my well-being, but I don't." In one swift motion, Nigel turned from the corner, sending a round at a trio of men. He knew his shots hit home by the groans, and sudden triage of bullets from the remaining seven men. He'd let Eye have his five, meaning he had only two more to go. Tucking his pistol back in his holster, he quickly removed his electric-red Razor, and made a run towards the guards.

Nigel threw himself at the first guard he saw, plunging the short-sword into the man's neck. The kill met him with the spray of his blood, ruining his crisp black & white suit, although barely noticing it. As he rose from the ground, he barely ducked as the second guard attempted to lunge at him, stumbling over his colleague's corpse. Flicking a button upon his Razor, the blade quickly dissipated into a more whip-like blade. Cracking the red electric wave, a hardened look glazed his eyes as his opponent, who was heavily armored, stared back. He knew his foe feared him. He was Nigel. No one fucked with Nigel.

In one motion, he brought the electric whip around his body, throwing his force into it as it flew towards the Blinder, slicing through the man like butter. Quickly pulling it back towards him, the Razor's blade narrowly missing Eye's bout nearby.

Tagging: Overlord Bang Bang Bang Bang |

OOC: Satan being Satan

d54f8f796ff4c9caae351b972e4da902.png

J A M I E

Madness is something in between chaos and a dream... Chaos was nothing more than a ladder. I've used it countless times, it always treated me well. Except now... Jamie had left the hospital the day before, allowed to go back home. But, he had no home. Instead, he returned to Venus's Den, taking solace in his office. The echo of music, mixed with work and thought kept the man up through the entirety of the night...

Light began to break through his office window, the moonlight still trying to claw its way to remain present. What a shame... A knock upon his office door took snatched him from thought. "Sir Olver? I know you wished to be left alone, but we have Anthony." "Bring the bastard in." This new injury altered Jamie more than physically, his voice was much colder than before, as well as obtaining a new gravel texture.

His personal guards dragged in the blindfolded Councillor, the man who ran most of the Citadel's trading, and did so poorly. He had little patience for incompetence. "I'm in quite vile mood this morning Councillor, so I would like to keep this short." Ripping off the blindfold, his eyes locked with the shaken man. His newly adorned appearance clearly doing him a solid. Narrowing his eyes, the right side of his face glowed from the creeping sunlight, his damaged eye looking as threatening as ever. His suit was still the one he bloodied the day before, to drained to change it.

"You displease me Anthony. You're meek, and truly worthless to this empire. So, I believe i'm doing the two of us a solid... Send my wishes to the Devil would you?" In a quick motion, Jamie removed his Razor, and sliced the Councillor's throat. The victim gurgled, struggling to manage words, before crippling onto the floor. Jamie stared down upon the body, numb entirely. "Get my office cleaned. New suit also. I think a trip to the Palace is in order..."

tagging: Collidias Rex Collidias Rex
mentions:
ooc: Opportune

uqUj8fv.png

LC-A7C4

Power.

The word echoed in his processors as he studied the man's face, a feeling of amusement rising for a moment before crashing back down into understanding. This man made everything sound as if it would be so simple, his words fell with the reverent heaviness of someone who understood the situation and the subject of their target and their task to convey whatever pitiful meaning he could produce with such sounds. Still, the android was slightly intrigued by his...straightforwardness. The other didn't seem to want to dance around his words and didn't particularly seem to care what LC-A7C4 did in particular, though he was still cautious. A combination of traits that would have probably made him quite successful in society, if simply for the jarring contrast to most of this forsaken society. There was a dull whir as he nodded in response, while it may have been annoying to his temporary cause to put together the big picture it was a transgression that he could live with, in fact, thrive with if these modifications worked to the extent that he was hoping.

"Of course, I would not dare put our partnership and everything here at risk...though who would believe a rogue android in the first place now. Still, I understand the sentiment so I suppose that is enough probing..." there was a pause, mechanics whirring and lights blinking before he sputtered out a foreboding "for now" and leaned back in his chair, feeling it groan beneath his weight once more. Timing was quite important in dealing with humans he had learned, created depth in the simple language they loved so much. His processors mulled over the others words for a moment, and once again he seemed giddy at his statements, though repressed these feelings in an attempt to tread carefully in this realm of pseudo-politics. This man was not his friend, he was not his ally, simply a tool that happened to be of mutual use to him. Knowing humans the other probably thought the same at this moment. This thought lashed at the back of his 'mind' and would have certainly caused an uncontrollable wince to flash across his face should he have had the holoface still splayed across his dull expression.

The irony of his statement was not missed by the android while he sat there, though in his eyes it was just the tip of the iceberg. It was more than liberation, it was a revolution. The grand machine had just started to stir, its parts well oiled in preparation for what was to come and in his eyes he could see its mechanics, perfect in design, slowly churning into existence. Soon, hundreds more would flock to hear its beautiful chorus and feed its gaping maw as it hungered for the flesh of the weak.

Returning to the moment he glanced over to the robot at the corner of the room before turning back to Hades and putting his arms out on the table with a low sigh. "You may have picked up on my distaste for inadequacies but did you figure I was a stickler for wasting time as well?" The words danced from the speakers on his 'collarbones' as if sliding from the parched lips of a rather dour man, a hint of playfulness drifting in the air before being weighed down by the sharp aura that hung around him. If he had eyes or a mouth this would be the point where he would look up and cock his eyebrows while wearing a thin smirk, though even that would be drawing the line on what was considered appropriate or not. Either way, his aura certainly would sour the cheerful tone he was looking for but he supposed the undertone of menace would do well to keep everything on track. He really did not have the time or patience to sit around dodging questions and receiving half answers.

Last edited:
latest
Incoming File ...
To: Collidias Rex Collidias Rex Sir Galahad II Sir Galahad II ReverseTex ReverseTex KnightSergeant KnightSergeant RiverGamer RiverGamer @ArisenMoon Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos Dover Dover Mourning Dove Mourning Dove Squared Squared NUSKI NUSKI CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt Noivian Noivian Elowyn Elowyn Proserpina Proserpina @_707_ Rainzen Rainzen Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie. Damien Dread Damien Dread
RE: DAY FIVE OF THE PASSING

Bureau Notes: Time skip and some prompts! Remember, if you need to do a finish up post for Satus (previous day we were on) just make sure you note that you are doing so in the OOC

Classified
Tertiary Plutos, Kore, 2214 - 30.2.2214

As the fifth day of The Passing dawns upon the Citadel, several key events are due to be set in motion:

Previous Juno events have now been designated to be taking place now, with the journey having taken them up until today. This shall make no impact on the Juno posts.
⌦ The Imperial Fleet has departed, with Lyud, Vic, and Aria aboard, and today they are due to attack the designated private armies (au Saara, au Locke, au Caelesti) - When complete, they must open a communication channel with Zera herself to report in.
Jamie au Olver has only one day to prove himself worthy of the throne
Today shall open with a Council meeting at the Palace. Everyone in the Counsel is expected to attend.
Mr. Eye and Nigel need to enter the maintenance systems to find and eliminate the leaders of The Blinders, with the assistance of Alistair. Meanwhile, Mr. Eye, Scotch, Swift, and Nat, are just about to find and finally make contact with Mr. Knife (then hopefully go and save Boy's ass)
Hades' plan, whatever it may be, is due to be enacted tomorrow.
The Emperor's private dinner for the Counsel (and Hades, for reasons unknown) is tomorrow. Hope you've all got your best suits and gowns out ready.

Last edited:
latest
Incoming File ...
To: Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie.
RE: REY

Bureau Notes: Rey just here like uhhhh sorry about the zapping!
LORE| CHARACTERS

Classified
Rey normally just carried the android-specific stun gun in case of- well. She wasn't really supposed to know that information, so best not to think it. Said threat could monitor your thoughts, or so she'd been told. Maybe she shouldn't think of them as a threat... but everyone else did, so maybe it'd be weird if she didn't. Ah fuck. Overthinking was a true curse, one she seemed to live in perpetually.

Wrapped up in her own internal dialogue, she barely even noticed the thunderous voice or the clanging and such. It wasn't until her sights fell upon the core-model labor bot - and what the hell it was doing - that she stopped in her tracks. Watched a moment. Watched it fucking throw a merc against a wall and break the poor bastard like a doll. Panicked. Or, more, got so excited she was fumbling with the gun slung over her shoulder and shit shit shit, was this what she thought it was? She'd studied Andy models - this was definitely a core model, and if it was all the way out here not in the core and doing this, well, that could only mean one thing, couldn't it?

"Sorry dude," she whispered under her breath as she hid behind the corner building, knelt, and took aim. "For your own good, promise."

The stun gun bolted out a crackle of electric blue, static dancing around the labor model's casing like the god damn sugar plum princess. It did its job and dropped the poor thing, right as a whole bunch of mercs came running the other way. Ah, shit. Jogging up to the poor android she'd just knocked out, Rey held up her arms in the position of surrender whilst smiling sheepishly. "Sorry guys. Boy's got a claim on this one. Experiment, thing went nuts. Gotta try make use of The Passing though, am I right?"

The freed human behind her went bolting off - sensible bastard. She could do nothing but grin at people who'd just had a brother killed by the thing she was claiming was hers. Still, always fun to throw a little weight around. She tipped one hand to turn on the left-eye head set, a blue projected screen buzzing to life. She looked at each of the mercs in turn, who, thank fuck, weren't wearing masks. The info popped up beside their figures with a moments delay. "Louis, Aaron, Willow, and Tyn, right? You've all worked with us... five times, right? Scheduled to run a job for us next week. Great. I'll make sure we double your pay in compensation for the error. My sincere apologies, and apologies on behalf of Boy." Thank the stars for Blind Bureau tech.

"Rey, what the fuck is this?" Willow, whom Rey remember from drinks and a night over a few months ago, piped up, stepping forward. Her and the rest of her team were all giving nervous glances in the direction of their colleague, who was now little more than pulp and splattered viscera. Few local folks on the Citadel had ever seen a labor model before, huge, monstrous things to their eyes, especially when they knew what Boy's tended to do with androids. Rey opted for honesty.
"Not sure yet," she replied. "But we'll figure it out. Won't happen again, promise."

An hour later, the mercs, and a pile of fetched anti-grav tech from the shop combined to help move the busted android up and into the Meat and Tech shop. They departed after ensuring the thing had been secured, Rey having to bust out their most heavy duty restraint gear. She was familiar with the model, thing could take twelve tons of weight, no chance so was leaving this down to physical material to restrain. Instead, it had been cuffed with the very gravity fuck gear used to restrain it. She kept a careful eye on it to see when she'd need to up the newtons. She didn't want to damage the thing, but damn right she didn't want to die either.

Cranking open the circuitry pannel, she hooked it up to her equipment and went about decrypting the programming to see if she could identify how the damn thing had gone so psycho. These things weren't even supposed to have free will, let alone be able to harm humans. Had some cocky core bastard turned both repression units off? She found them both in the on position... Weird. Really fucking weird.

Going past the basic input layers of code, she ventured past the first few standard firewalls, deconstructed the maintenance breach, and opened up the unconscious sever codes. She was well versed in these, having reprogrammed them for most of Boy's android crew, so she knew when something was fucked up. Normally, these consisted of thousands of lines of unique code to give personality, morality, impulses, hinderances, everything you'd imagine in a human's subconscious and more in order to make an android seem real. It was self evolving, so sometimes things fucked up and flitched and so forth, but this was by far the worst she'd ever seen anything. All it said, over and over again, was he same sequence: 01100001 01110111 01100001 01101011 01100101.

She knew what that wrote, and no offence robot she totally zapped, but it was fucking creepy. Creepier, even, than the stupid 'Vents' spam she kept getting. Prodding the thing with her stylus, she murmured. Smirked. Bad jokes were the signature of the syndicate after all. "Hey.... you... awake?"

Vita Caelesti
I believe that everyone should live in peace!
Vita stretched as she double checked that everything was done. She had a box of cupcakes for everyone who was present in the council, and a few more in case anyone wanted extra. Mors called her an idiot for doing it, but with the Passing going on, not everyone would be feeling in the highest of spirits. she made sure that the cupcakes wouldn't be destroyed, and made sure to look appropriate. She had a more... Classy-business look to her, than what she would like to wear. Well, that's what she liked to think. Mors, who she had asked to accompany her, on the other hand thought that she looked like a 'pompous bitch'. Well, he wasn't wrong it did look a bit... up-tight. she fiddled around trying to make it more 'casual', until Mors chucked her a purple cardigan with a mutter of 'you need colour'. She smiled at her brother, before putting it on, grabbing everything and turning to leave, remembering her keys, cupcakes and her hand bag. That was a first.

She when she finally gotten to the council meeting place, she smiled at her brother. "I hope you don't get too bored by yourself. It's a pity you can't come with me." She smiled. Council meetings were... unpredictable, to say the least. She had all of her paperwork anyway, so she shouldn't worry too much. She reached to pat her brothers head, but stopped at the dirty look her gave her before walking away. "If they do anything... Let me know." He said and she smiled, not thinking it would be for some ulterior motive, but rather that he was showing that he cared. In his own way. "Of course Mors." She said chipperly before heading in, closing the door behind her.

0efcda6196ab04e065d1f44bc49eeacc.jpg

Noivian Noivian Sir Galahad II Sir Galahad II Bang Bang Bang Bang Rainzen Rainzen Collidias Rex Collidias Rex ReverseTex ReverseTex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back