• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Elderwood~OOC

Do the four founding families have pre-established surnames/naming conventions or is that up to us?

Is it possiable for someones Faery form to look way more different than their human form?

If it makes sense, yes. (Ex. A winter fairy shouldn't have red or black as primary colors) But their face won't change, so they'll be recognizable regardless of the change

If it makes sense, yes. (Ex. A winter fairy shouldn't have red or black as primary colors) But their face won't change, so they'll be recognizable regardless of the change
What about Purple, Black and White?

Crap. My apologies Peckinou Peckinou I just noticed this morning that you had already expressed interest in the winter role. I should really read the comments before diving straight into the writing.

Neo Alice Neo Alice is there only one character per season permitted? I feel kinda bad swiping the role like that. If that's the case, would you consider making an exception since my character isn't a faery and peckinou had shown interest in making a faery character above.

Crap. My apologies Peckinou Peckinou I just noticed this morning that you had already expressed interest in the winter role. I should really read the comments before diving straight into the writing.

Neo Alice Neo Alice is there only one character per season permitted? I feel kinda bad swiping the role like that. If that's the case, would you consider making an exception since my character isn't a faery and peckinou had shown interest in making a faery character above.
There's 8 roles, 4 fairies and 4 fae descendants. You made a Medium, not a fairy. Peckinou is making the fairy.

Btw, i loved the way you explained winter folk

Just wanted to summarise what each season does so far/values according to each CS so far (I put TBA for those without a bloodline background in CS yet):

Winter:
  • Legal and historical administration
  • Religion and faith
  • Knowledge and independence
  • Law enforcement and education
Autumn: (Witch heir TBA)
  • Assassination, espionage and conspiracy
  • Peacekeeper among households (executioner) *redundant in times of peace
  • Technology and communications
  • Local amenities and utilities
Spring: (Spring heir TBA)
  • Nature
  • Balance and harmony
  • Community and rejection of material greed
Summer: (Kitsune heir TBA)
  • Guards and soldiers; protection
  • Loyalty and determination
  • Friendly and hot-blooded

Though to be honest with Winters powers i thought they would be better at spying .

I'd say folk from nearly all the seasons would have certain abilities useful for espionage such as shapeshifting from Spring - they would also be good trackers since they are intune with nature and maybe communicate with other animals as well? Or can at least understand they're vocalizations/ body language. They could use trained animals/familiars to scout areas, or watch certain individuals.
Autumn can fabricate illusions to deceive others. The extent of the illusion would depend on how skilled the user is both in practice and mentally (maybe rookies need to watch out that their own illusion does not replace their reality). They could convince others of an event that never happened (or the latter - force a mind to forget something) cleverly persuade them to give information - maybe by imitating they're allies - if they have enough knowledge of them. They could also create an illusion warp (?) a room where nothing is real but feels real.
Necromancy could also be used to gather information about their victim, maybe imitate them if those who knew the victim were currently unaware of their death.

Winter would be able to talk with the dead and maybe even create a contract with a spirit to spy on the living. But again, ghost business could be tricky business since they were human once too and may be unwilling to do as one asks (they could decide to work against them). Some spirits would also be corrupted depending on cause of death, traumatic event etc. I'd say, spirits who have passed on from the mortal world would be considered 'at peace' while those who still linger would be troubled spirits or have unfinished business.

For Summer, I'm having a little trouble thinking about how their people would conduct espionage. A thing or two that came to mind though could be their ability to detect heat signatures (underground, through buildings)? Their charms would be useful in an event with a large crowd. However, as mentioned in the original post, they would be at they're prime in a more offensive role rather than spying. If anyone has anymore ideas for how the Summer folk can use their abilities to spy, please comment, I'd love to hear more ideas.

So yeah, most folk from nearly each season would have something in their pocket to use for espionage. Some methods are more effective than others. But I wouldn't say the role of espionage itself is strictly set to one season. Just like with information gathering. Sure, winter maybe be known to be in possession and manage a lot of the information in Elderwood but that doesn't mean they are the only ones doing so. The information they hold would have been first recieved by what the other people of each season had gathered. Or, although it was mentioned that Summer people are good cooks, Spring people might put that statement in question since many would be knowledgle of herbs, spices and how livestock was raised to give you that succulent steak on your plate.

My point is that the seasons, roles - everything is interconnected and not necessarily set to one thing. Ideally, in a large scale espionage operation you'd want someone to know the terrain like the back of their hands, someone with a source of reliable information, someone with a few tricks up their sleeves to decieve the enemy, and someone trained to deliver the killing blow if necessary.;)

I hope this makes sense. I'm just typing things as they come to mind, so it will be quite messy. Also, there are definitely more ways that folk from each season could use their abilities for espionage (and other things) I just couldn't mention them all. If you guys have any other ideas in mind, let me know!

To be fair i was more referring to the Scrying ability which pretty much lets you see people from long distances.

Oooh, that one. I'm not familiar with all the abilities (or at least their names), so I do have to look some of them up. But, I do agree that it is a useful ability for spying. If you're intent on having your character do some kind of work in the espionage business, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Technically yes, Winter is the most suited but each individual can do whatever they want, traditions exist but freedom too.

Also, i'll make the main post soon everyone <3 thank you for joining and providing insight and lore

A little clarification: All 4 seasons can summon animals related to the season, Fairies can summon even mythological monsters. But each summoned animal/monster has the symbol of their season printed somewhere in their body, separating them from regular animals

So for example both winter and spring can summon bears but Winter Summons polar bears and Spring Grizzly bears. Winter can't summon insects, only summer can summon and communicate with aquatic animals. Etc.

Do Penguins count as aquatic animails? Along with seals?
And woo Polar bears are way more scary than Grizzly bears.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, only fairies can summon mythological creatures?

Also, I was wondering how is the relationship between fairies and fae descendents? Are the fae descendents seen as 'lesser' beings? Would it be common for the two to be in the same room?

Just to clarify, only fairies can summon mythological creatures?

Also, I was wondering how is the relationship between fairies and fae descendents? Are the fae descendents seen as 'lesser' beings? Would it be common for the two to be in the same room?
Yes

Blood isn't as important now, at least not in Elderwood. The town was created as a safe place for supernaturals, with help of the fae descendants too.

So everyone is free to see them as lesser, but society won't tolerate discrimination so be careful.

What's important in Elderwood is political power, is about who can keep everyone safe (from supernatural threats and human hunters) not how pure your blood is

But keep in mind that supernaturals are a SECRET. There's humans living in elderwood and supernaturals are the minority everywhere. Avoid walking in the middle of the street in your supernatural form if it's not Halloween.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back