• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Elder Scrolls, Plague of the Dead

Elysium

Nuts
Hello all.

I've been playing Oblivion again, and it's been making me want to RP in the Elder Scrolls universe.

So I decided to unleash the zombie apocalypse upon Tamriel. This will be set after the events of Skyrim, by 50 years or so, although we don't necessarily have to be in Skyrim itself (I was thinking Cyrodiil). However, we might have to decide via vote how some the the storylines wrapped up (civil war, dark brotherhood, etc.) Because that could alter how things are in different parts of the world. (I.e. if the thalmor lost control of Skyrim, maybe they started to lose control of other parts of Tamriel.)

The basic synopsis of the plot:

A cabal of necromancers have found a way to unleash never before seen amounts of the undead upon the world. Under the leadership of a Lich, this dark guild seeks to do what the mythical mage Mannimarco could not. Domination through death.

OwO, just recently started playing Oblivion again too on PC and rather enjoyed the Mage Guild's story-ark of fighting against the banned Necromancers and that Mannimarco fella! I'm absolutely interested but i'd love to hear of any posting requirements you have for this upcoming thread? (I.e, post length, how active you'd like us to be and so forth. - My norm is 3+ paragraphs per post and usually I get one post a week done unless i'm perticularly busy that week). I'd be up for it being in Cyrodiil and I would like to be a mage of some sorts, a student attending the Arcane University in the Imperial City.

Last edited:
Hello friendos.

Becker Becker my current playthrough is a Breton who fights with fists, destruction, and alteration magic. Been doing the Mages guild myself.

I'm cool with you playing a guild mage, just got some things to set up first with the votes I mentioned (which I'll do ooc when the thread is setup).

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford you may be a legate in the legion.

@Hengleford my current playthrough is a Breton who fights with fists, destruction, and alteration magic. Been doing the Mages guild myself.

I was umm'ing and arr'ing about whether to go for a Breton or a Imperial. Ended up going for a Imperial Warlock with blade, destruction and heavy armour. :P I much prefer the quests in Oblivion over Skyrim, although the same voice-acting gets rather dull very quickly. xD Might look for a mod or two that'll add in some more voices to the fray! :D

Yes please, I'm interested.

Ive been playing modded Skyrim recently, as a Young Breton Noble, having been told to flee Highrock after his house fell to betrayal and assasins, to join the college of winterhold.
He was speced as a MageArcher using Conjuration to summon a companion and Archery with the bound bow spell.
He also dabbled with other magic like restoration and eventually learnt enchanting.
(I ended up skipping most of the main questline)

I'd love to play a version of him outside the game.

Yes please, I'm interested.

Ive been playing modded Skyrim recently, as a Young Breton Noble, having been told to flee Highrock after his house fell to betrayal and assasins, to join the college of winterhold.
He was speced as a MageArcher using Conjuration to summon a companion and Archery with the bound bow spell.
He also dabbled with other magic like restoration and eventually learnt enchanting.
(I ended up skipping most of the main questline)

I'd love to play a version of him outside the game.
I always found the college rather underwhelming, only a handful of NPCs around and not a whole lot to do there. I think if they were to make it something a bit like the Frostcrag Spire player home in Oblivion then it would've been so much more 'mystical'! :P Sure, it's floating off the ground and has a few magical spouts here and there but it just doesn't feel that immersive to me. Glad to hear another spell-slinger's on the team! :D

I always found the college rather underwhelming, only a handful of NPCs around and not a whole lot to do there. I think if they were to make it something a bit like the Frostcrag Spire player home in Oblivion then it would've been so much more 'mystical'! :P Sure, it's floating off the ground and has a few magical spouts here and there but it just doesn't feel that immersive to me. Glad to hear another spell-slinger's on the team! :D
I think a lot of Skyrim felt kinda small. Atleast in terms of the people and towns. But doesnt mean I couldnt have fun RPing in game

Last edited:
I'll likely be playing a well-traveled Nord and/or Khajiit as Fighters Guild types. Old Man Starkad was an unconventional Nord, to say the least, and likely would have run off to Hammerfell to avoid persecution from the Empire and the Stormcloaks, both.

Last edited:
Ill be playing an old favorite to character of mine. Vampire Imperial swordmaster. Total vagabond.

Fucking grey-skin hipster, biting necks before it was all the rage xD

Lol. Tbh I'm still stuck on unarmored swordsman or heavy armored monk.

Hey, nothing says "I trust God to keep me safe" like a suit of full-plate armour! :D

and to be fair, all these characters wearing heavy armour and defending themselves in combat...

I haven't watched family Guy in forever.

By monk I meant brawler.

Ah, fair enough. Haven't played many MMORPGs myself :P Push comes to shove, i'd favor having armour and not needing it than not having armour and needing it.

Ah, fair enough. Haven't played many MMORPGs myself :P Push comes to shove, i'd favor having armour and not needing it than not having armour and needing it.

My concept for that character is an undead who hunts the undead and daedra. The unnatural. His vampiric strength and endurance almost negates the encumbrance of platemail and the speed and agility make the weight of weaponry unnecessary.

In terms of skills, pure combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back