• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Locklaklazarii

Acolyte of a New God
1595482910896.png
credit unkown
On your travels you saw grand ruins, camped out by the seemingly never ending line of travelers heading to the same place that you were, the anticipation built as you got closer. It was the rumored Heart of Dawn's Beauty, the Wheel at the center of Nirn, the heart to countless powerful dynasties and yet it was still unbelievable. You didn't know what to expect on your travels to the city, maybe the stories of the city were just rumors of how grand it was, that's what you thought until you first saw it on the horizon a Milky White jewel, and each day for months as it grew on the horizon you still couldn't believe it would get any larger. As it got closer you could see more colors, first were the golds of the towers and walls, then the rainbow that was the roofs of the city. The colors Lake Rumare refracted at all hours be it night or day. The Closer you got the more the lake appeared a small ocean and the city a whole new plane of existence.

Eventually you came to the first gatehouse where a huge crowd was scrambling to get in, and once you passed that precipice, you were struck with the first true awe of the adventure, the Massive white stone bridge, miles and miles long, was home to entire towns whose colors were vibrant, and cultures diverse. An ever lasting bombardment to the senses, each building unique from the last, and each person the same. But you and your party carried on it took days to cross the bridge, along with probably a few questionable purchases, but not even the bridge could prepare you for the sight of the inside of the city proper, it made the bridge look like child's-play, a poor peasant town on a slab of rock. The city itself so massive that the packed line you had been in since the bridge was easily able to disperse. Colors so vibrant and so plentiful you didn't even know that half of them existed beyond magic. There were buildings larger than towns, and the wall of the city became your new horizon, but none of that was any comparison to the White gold tower. The Smooth, Pure, Majestic tower shot into the clouds, splitting them as the wind carried them away. Dwarfing a small mountain it's gold accents during the day almost made it seem as if the tower itself were admitting light.

Obviously not to scale with the little buildings, the Imperial City is the size of a small country, as it is proportional to the canon size of Tamriel (12 Million Sq Miles (3x bigger than Europe and slightly larger than Africa))1595486337487.png
Credit MizzLizz

Faltasey Faltasey , Alxallarien with the rest of a small Thalmor detachment of about 50 quickly made their way through the city, facing a severe amount of harassment from all the men of the Imperial city. Rocks and Feces hurled at the cart as well as profanities hurled at them, "knife-ears" "Sword Swallowers" "Milksops" along with the more common insults hurled at everyone. It was very clear that you would not be accepted here, and similarly when you made it to Little Alinor you saw a little bastion of guards patrolling and hurting those with foul purpose. The building on the outskirts were scorched by flame and lightning bolts, arrows, dents and broken glass. Not to mention all the 'street art' of elves dying and being at the end of some pretty fowl sexual positions. You make it to the large Thalmor estate within the city. The estate in it's totality was at least 20 acres of land and housing, there they unloaded your things and set you free to make your way to the evenings festival, it would take you at least the rest of the day to make your way on foot and cart to white gold tower for the show and speech.

BabyToby BabyToby , Edwore had his cart pull through the gates and most of the travelers in the cart got off and payed their dues in Septims, there was only one person left, a particularly large woman who was asleep on the cart. Continuing on Edwore felt dwarfed as he rode through on his cart. He continued towards the White Gold Tower, coming across a particular High Elf named Alxallarien and agreeing to to ferry him to the center of the city.

Alxallarien was very attuned to the hatred of Mer, he was unphased due to his ego, but also because he understands the time and place for words or action. He had the lower-hand here, and he made sure to tread carefully. The last thing he wants is to be assassinated before an actual legacy is created for himself. It isn't entirely uncommon for hate crimes to be committed inside of the imperial city. It is Man, after all.

Approaching the center of the Imperial City by cart, Alxallarien quietly took in his surroundings. He looked to his left to see a surprisingly large woman sleeping. "A Nord, no doubt. Probably drank too much as per usual." He thought to himself. As his eyes tracked towards the boy pulling the carriage. Those half-elf ears now protruding out of his hair, this boy was a Breton. Alxallarien hadn't noticed before but now it checks out. A Breton still at the very bottom of the hierarchy. The raggedy clothes sure show it.

"What bring's a rather... impecunious half-mer boy to the grand city itself?" Alxallarien asks the Breton BabyToby BabyToby

Edwore took in a breath and sighed contently, keeping the two gray horses at a trot and tilting his head a bit to hear the man more clearly.

"You have a high vocabulary, people here may find that amusing. Coachmen are valued here, especially at this time of year..." he simpered as he shook his head, "and between you and I, I needed an escape." He brought the cart to a stop on an open street corner, adjusting his hair to cover his ears and climbing in back. Pushing aside the blankets and bottles on the floor, he leaned against the drivers seat, standing in front of the two passengers. He moved his gaze from the sleeping woman to the Thalmor, looking him up and down. He reached into his front pocket and pulled out the man's money, handing it back to him and interrupting the man as he tried to speak.

"No need, you're covered.." He gazed at the large lady and turned back to smile at the man as she snored, having slipped a few extra coins he snuck from her bag into his back pocket. "You seem at least half decent and you were quiet on the ride unlike most folks I've taken, but you better get along now. You don't want to have to deal with unloading your friend over here."

Last edited:
Alxallarien was somewhat surprised at how the half-mer boy responded. He expected a more abrasive response, something more common with the question he asked. Nonetheless, he moved on.

"Must be to escape a hulkynd past or a lack of civility. Fair enough, I suppose." He thought to himself.

He started to walk away before he realized that it was a bad idea to go alone. The Thalmor weren't coming until later and he had no friends. No one to help blend in. No matter what he did alone, he would still be out of place. Very, very out of place.

"What was your name again, boy?" He asked the Breton, once again.

"Edwore.." He said with his back to the man, focused on trying to drag the heavier woman off of the cart. After finally getting her on the street corner, he turned around to face him. "What's a high elf doing taking a carriage alone at a time like this? Shouldn't you be with your..." He paused, avoiding eye contact for a second and shifting his gaze to the floor and raising an eyebrow, "snooty friends?"

He started to reorganize the loose items in the back to give himself an excuse to avoid eye contact with the elf, starting with the bottles lying on the floor. He nervously laughed as he looked up to see the man eyeing the bottles, "oh uh... other passengers, they're always leaving garbage. Anyways, what's your name?"

"Snooty? That's a bit... Nevermind. The Thalmor haven't exactly hired me yet, per se, as one of theirs. But I do work for them, when they want me to work for them. I am a contractee, not really an official employee. I take many adventures alone but most of the days I've lived weren't in hostile territory."

He looks at Edwore and then the bottles, curious as to if this half elf has an alcoholism problem. Probably from being a drunk apraxic fool.

"I would say it's nice to meet you but truth be told I don't exactly respect your kind. Always fighting amongst themselves and in constant disgusting city states. I have no respect for our once slaved distant cousins. I don't even know if I quite have respect for the elves who decided to breed with the men who were there before. It's humiliating, the dilution. Such lack of preservation for the past or the future. But I could learn to live with you all as long as you show some civility. Hopefully your presence doesn't start a war.

The names Alxallarien, Alinor born and made. The reason I asked your name was because I wonder why you're not going to the speech? Aren't you curious? Isn't your friend here just as curious? Do you two know each other?"

"Don't recall meeting them before, I get many different people all year round and this one isn't a regular." He cocked his head at the man, stashing his bottles under one of the benches and brushing himself off. "I don't care for having deep conversations with blacked out passengers so no, sir, I do not know nor care as to whether or not they're curious."

"As for me, I don't think your people would do well seeing someone like me anywhere near you at the speech.. I was planning to just listen from here.." Edwore sighed, gazing towards a big crowd heading to the gathering, and turning his attention back to the high elf. "And trust me, I hate my kind just as much as you do.."

"Do you have enhanced hearing? Have I missed something? The speech is being given quite a bit aways still from here. You might not be able to hear it that well, Edwore. How about this... Why don't we wake the big girl up here and all head there together? I need to look like I at least belong in this... cesspool of man." He finishes as he looks at the poor imperial beggars on the other street corner.

"Alright..." He rolled his eyes as he hopped out of the cart, grabbing a half empty bottle of water before doing so. "I'll get her up." Shaking his head before he poured the cool water over her forehead, "Wakey wakey miss, it's about time you got to see the show. Why don't you let us help you there?" He held out a small rag as he noticed her eyes squinting open.

Turning his head to gaze back at Alxallarien, he cocked an eyebrow.
"You sure seem to take interest in people of lower status than you, huh? I would avoid staring at those ones if you want those robes to still look as expensive as they do now." He said, turning back to the awakening woman.

"Do not misplace my curiosity for the poor. I wonder why, after being known as such a grand city, that they don't have a system in place to remove filth like that from the streets."

He writes down something in his journal before turning back to the two. As the woman wakes he thinks to himself "Now we have to deal with this drunken fool, too. Add one more to the party. Let's all get inconvenienced together."

"So what's your name, Bigfoot?" Alxallarien asks the masculine and quite frankly attractive female. Locklaklazarii Locklaklazarii

In her initial jerk of waking up Frej instinctively threw a decently hard punch out to Edwore's chest knocking him off balance a bit, she caught the rag as he stumbled back, using it to dry herself off. She mumbled something indistinct under her breath before looking up at the completely rude elf who was speaking to her. "If you don't watch your tongue elf someone might take it, and I cannot guarantee that I wouldn't help them." She said standing up and stretching.

She turned and looked down at her carriage driver, "As for you little man, don't you think it's a bit rude to just poor water on your customers? Or is this just a custom wherever you are from?" She picked up her belongings that were in a brown rucksack, it looked heavy and had an axe head poking out of the top. After she slung it over her shoulder with ease, she hopped out of the cart and started towards the white gold tower, "Well are you two coming?"

"Of course." Alxallarien said smugly, following the two along the last stretch towards the center.

"I have to give it to the imperials, they do a damn fine job at architecture. Though obviously the White-Gold Tower is of superior architecture. It's always a site I like to see." He thought to himself

"Did you both know that the White-Gold Tower is said to be the thread keeping us from falling back into Oblivion? Do you think that holds any sort of truth? The Ayleids sure had a way with magic."

"What a pile of Skeever shit, No elven building is holding anything anywhere. It's a symbol of power, nothing more or less." Frej sighed, rolling her eyes continuing foreward.

They always tout being so smart but they sereiously fall for some propaganda like that, what morons thought Frej with a slight chuckle and shifting of her pack. "Anyhow high-elf what do they call you?"

Edwore stumbled back a bit, clutching his chest and letting out a small hiss of pain, looking up at the woman. "I.. Yes Ma'am I just thought... my apologies. We should be on our way." He hurried after her, rolling his eyes at Alxallarien as he continued to make snarky comments.

"I'm sorry they named you that... and with that, you will get nothing with your entitlement." with that Frej kept moving, keeping her distance from the rather unpleasant elf sticking more towards the small boy as they slowly advanced unto the tower. More and more crowds swelled in front of them as they continued like a sea of peoples many in their own groups. Nords with Nords, Lizards with Lizards, etc etc and in the middle was the weird mixture, unsure of where exactly to watch this speech from Frej looked to the other members of the group.

"I see, I thought we are both entitled to a name." He points to Edwore.
"Otherwise I'll just assume your name has no weight."

He carried on with the group. Scribbling sketches of the imperial city and writing descriptions of his surroundings. He noticed the Nord looking for a place to watch the speech as his eyes surveyed the area.

"How about we watch from there." Alxallarien points to a balcony that seems relatively empty. Honestly suspiciously empty. "It would make for a perfect location to sketch, too. And obviously an escape from... too many faces." He scoffed looking at the Nords, Argonians, and Khajiit filling his line of sight.

He paused, turning to look at the elf curiously, "Sketch? Is that a personal hobby or one of the demands of your 'friends'?"

He turned away to face to the tall nord and asked, "Is that okay with you? It's definitely an.. excluded place." He gazed up at the balcony, an eyebrow raised in suspicion, "Something seems a little off, this place is packed, why hasn't anyone else moved there?"

The sound of steel ringing filled the air, as Soren beat the glowing hot metal into his desired form. With each strike, the Steel began to take form more and more. The sword blank he was working on would soon be plated in silver for use by the guard. It had been a month since he arrived from Solstheim, and already he had earned a fair bit of coin working his craft. Each blade, carefully wrought and enchanted, giving him a boost to his income. Setting the blank aside to air cool, the Breton wiped the sweat from his brow with the back of his hand, watching the crowds head towards the palace.

Romoving the leather apron, and giving his head a dunk on the water barrel, Soren soon joined the crowd after strapping on his greatsword. As he followed the crowd to hear the Speech, the Breton failed to notice the Altmer, Nord, and fellow Breton beside him. Why would he? They did not affect him in any way, nor had they purchased any of his works. Let's just see what the big wigs want this time so i can get back to work. It better not be those Thalmore pricks. I swear they act as if someone pissed in their Sujamma... He thought.

Last edited:
Lolrevl had been a little disappointed to find the imperial city was not what she expected. She had expected a place filled with people in their finest clothes, walking along finely paved roads in the shadow of a tower. What had found was a crowd, a very big crowd of people from every walk of life, most dressed poorly so she felt rather over dressed in her dwemer robes. Still it was not like she was here to do anything but try to get into the libraries to find what few books she did not already have on the dwemer and other esoteric topics she knew of. That however was proving difficult given the sheer amount of people coming to the city for whatever reasons they might have. There had been those men that had disliked her and insulted her, though many left confused after meeting her for any length as where else would you find a mer that felt Talos was a god worthy of devotion and felt the thalmor's dominance was unneeded. Really Lolrevl was to many likely just as Anti mer as any ma, though she only disliked their culture and how it went against the world as she saw it. Still white gold tower was breath taking, even more for one like her that understood it had once helped pin the world down and keep it from dissolving into oblivion. The days that the tower did such were long gone, yet still a little of it's magic likely still remained in it and the wheel around it. The masses only saw it as a massive tower of gold and stone, little more that a show of power never understanding the great powers that had once flowed through it. That however. was a topic for another day as inside the wheel the crowds were far thinner allowing people to move freely and more importantly possible access to the libraries. That was of course assuming they let those who wanted in to look over things as some places wanted so much just to read a few books keeping much needed knowledge locked away and pushing people further and further from the goal of the world.

Now in theory getting to the libraries should be easy, the crowd should be dispersed enough to allow free movement, but the gravity of so many people moving in one direction created an irresistible flow in the roads that prevented anyone from going any way but with the crowd. Lolrevl had no real interest in the speech of festival for she did not care for most of the spirits, that people venerated and only seemed to respect those people forgot or did not realize they followed. It was sad how much was lost to the public because they did not read, or they were kept from it. Lolrevl would rather not have to listen to some speech that likely would just be praising some spirits to blind to see true strength and only curse their weakness. Still she had little choice and not caring who she was near Lolrevl tried to get comfortable for what was going to be a waste of time.

"I do not like the look of that, but ultimately I do not much care, what will happen will happen but beyond that I do not think we have much t-" With that the mountainous Nord woman was cut off by a blasting of trumpets and then a remarkably loud silence that chilled her to the core doing everything to grab her attention and that of everyone in the crowd. The Imperial banners soft flapping could be heard it was even as if the city behind them had ceased to exist, then the massive shift and creak of the huge doors on the tower expelled Legion troops in the finest armor, colorful and decorated, and out marched Titus Mede II in his Purple cloak and finery, he wasn't by any means a particularly impressive looking man but when he talked it was booming as if it were some sort of spell and his words rippled through the air. "Children of the Empire, and yes I mean all of you, even those who may no longer be within her borders, we are all children of the empire. We are children of Tamriel and Nirn, and as such we have gathered here. I would like to be the first to tell you all a simple truth, a rumor that has been on the tongues of all from Solsthiem to Alinor, the Dragon Fires are fading. Now this is not something to be immensely alarmed about, it sounds much more grievous than it is in reality." A hushed whisper and nervous clatter began to take the crowd, but as the Emperor continued more fell silent once more.
"The studious and dedicated mages who have examined the issue have unanimously come to the conclusion that it will be several decades if not a whole century still before the flames extinguish, more than enough time for a solution to be created or a Dragonborn revealed to us. But, as I have never been a man for inaction, I will not sit idly by as Tamriel's protection wanes, this is a celebration to convince the gods to send us our protector and I can tell you that it has worked so far and if we want it to continue to work the celebrations must continue this celebration in their name. The Moth Priests have studied the scrolls and deciphered their cryptic messages and they have told me this one truth:" a silence of anticipation grasped the crowd in a wave and the moment seemed longer and heavier with every passing second, "there is a Dragonborn among us. While we know not who, we do know that Akatosh favors us, his peoples of nirn, and he has already sent us his savior, and it will not be long until his champion once again saves us all..." With this many begin to talk in voices growing ever louder and louder, especially the Nords who seemed to be in a heated discussion, but once again with the Emperors Voice everyone was calmed.
"On a less pleasant but all the more necessary note, news from Skyrim arrived this morning, King Torygg is dead." Uproar the crowd was ablaze and yet the Emperor Continued, "To all peoples of the Empire and it's friends, Ulfric Stormcloak, Jarl of Riften and leader of the Rebellion is hereby to be given no quarter, no rights, and no mercy... He has been judged guilty in the eyes of the Eight and as such is sentenced to death, whether it be by sword, arrow, fire, or shovel anyone who kills Ulfric Stormcloak and gives his head to my governor and general Tulius will receive a reward of one million Septims and a request of me, that is within reason of course. Let's not let all of this spoil the days ahead of us, let Akatosh hear our mighty roars and be with us as we celebrate his glory and wisdom. Blessed are the Eight Divines and those who follow their guidance!" With his final words shot up great big bursts of color that sparked and faded creating a vibrant glow the was only highlighted by the now setting sun. More and more of this colored explosions filled the sky as the Emperor retreated into his palace and people began to argue, disperse and what not creating a sort of swirling tide that engulfed and surrounded the group of people.
Frej looked as if she wanted to say something profound but all that could escape her mouth was a single word in a hushed tone "Dovahkiin" after she said it she seemed almost perplexed by the word and deep in thought about it. As she receded back into her own head she took a step back bumping into a man with odd eyes ( HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest ) and a dunmeri woman ( Karcen Karcen ) both of which she had not known and looked rather peculiar in their own ways.

"Well we're right fucked, eh sera?" Soren said to the dwemer garbed dunmeri woman beside him. He was about to continue when a nord woman bumped into the two. "Whoa now nord, best be careful where you step, some folk might not take kindly to it." He said jovially, his eyes glowing slightly despite the bright sun. Seeing her perplexed look, he quickly came to the conclusion that she must have been new to town. The both of them, seeing has he hadn't seen the dunmer woman at the local corner club in the Elven Gardens district. This of course gave him an idea.

"I'm going to guess you both are new here to the imperial city. I can tell. You both have the look about ya. Void, i've only been here about a month, and i still sometimes get caught up in the humdrum of the city. How's about you both follow me to the local Corner Club? It ain't no Retching Netch, but the Sujamma and Matze is good enough. And the atmosphere more tame too. It'll be my treat. Won't be getting anymore customers anyway..." He grumbled the last part as he turned to lead the two to what the nord would call a tavern, if not for the dark elf influences. Not checking to see if they were following him, Soren began to walk off.

Karcen Karcen Locklaklazarii Locklaklazarii

"I sketch for both." He said to Edwore.

The speech started before they could get to the balcony, and though during the speech it was difficult to get a proper view of it. Still, he sketched and swiped his own at the paper down below in his hand, drawing the grand aura of this place along with the admittingly stunning displays. Including Titus. In a quote next to the drawing he writes these words: Dragonborn/Dragon Fires. The thought of someone being born to save us all was an interesting concept, this High Elf didn't know what to think of that, particularly. Especially since there's a possibility it won't be him.

Alxallarien was slightly annoyed with the faith in Akatosh, though. His inner self seethed at the thought of mans version of Auri-El. Auri-El will be the only one to help re-ignite the dragonfires. "False Gods, always man's last hope." He scoffed. Touching his Auri-El necklace taking a moment to pray.

As he finished he looked up and noticed the Nord bump into two new strangers. One a half mer, the other a Dunmer. Alxallarien couldn't help but quickly sketch the exchange since the Dunmer with Dwarven clothe on intrigued him. You don't see many people with that kind of attire.

He was about to speak but caught himself before the new half mer started walking away. Alxallarien motioned Edwore ushering him to follow. Staying silent, curiously keeping his distance from the new folks.

Lolrevl listened to the speech, the world had done without the dragonfires before and the world was greater in those days, if anything the fires going out would make things better. The news of rebellion was a little more annoying as Lolrevl had decided she would return to skyrim after her work here was done and if people were fighting around there it might be hard to actually do any research. The mention of the dragon god did little to stir her as it was just a shadow of a shadow with only so much power, not a being that should be worshiped. None of the aedra were being Lolevl would follow for they were regression, they would doom all to forget the endeavor and not gain what was theirs. Lolrevl in truth just wanted to go to the library and leave as soon as possible to hopefully avoid the worst of the war to come. That was at least until a nord woman bumped into her and a breton. Lolrevl didn't mind the nords, though she did wish they would understand their real god instead of the aedra. Men were the wanders, not made by aedra but by Lorkhan. The berton was one that seemed to be social or was working for the bar he was advertising. Still if they had something that wasn't wine or mead to drink it would be nice. Lolrevl noticed an altmer and thought she heard him talking for false gods and just shook her head his kind were doomed to never learn.

Lolrevl turned back to the breton who was already leaving and thought about it for a moment before figuring if he was trying to get them to go to a bar,then the place had to be quiet. She was a little concerned about a nord going to one given the old bad blood between the two and the even worse blood these days. Lolrevl shrugged and followed after the man figuring she could afford the distraction.

After several minutes of cutting through crowds, and navigating the many streets, Soren had arrived at the Elven Gardens District. After taking a moment to see if the two women were fallowing, a feeling of concerned welled within when he spotted the Altmer following behind. Figuring there was nothing to do about it, He headed to the northern section of the district. Deciding to break the silence, the Breton spoke as the Dunmer establishment came into view. "So what brought you both to Cyrodil?" He asked as they approached the only structure resembling his home country in architecture. Due to the Oblivion Crisis when the daedra assaulted the city, many enterprising folk saw the chance to rebuild and make the district more like their own homes. This especially was true for the natives of Morriwind. The distinctive shell like structure and subterranean interior. A sign posted out front claiming it as the North Wall Corner Club.

"Ah, my home away from home. And the only place that sells decent Sujamma at a fair price. Go ahead and get us a table, i'll see about what's on the menu today." He said holding the door open for the two ladies, once again spotting the Altmer coming their way. Well shit... that highborn prick better not cause trouble. it's the only place that even closely resembles Raven Rock. He thought before heading in himself. Heading down stairs towards the bar proper, he was greeted with a chorus of cheers from the local patrons and the barkeep.
"Soren boy, you're here early. Slow day?" The dunmeri barkeep asked as the half breed approached the bar.
"Had to close up early. Damn festival. And according to the Emprah, We're right fucked in about a century if no dragonborn is found to reignite the fires."
"Well damn boy, that is bad new. The kinda new that needs a drink to properly pontificate."
"Dalos, you read my mind. And a round for the Nord woman and the Lady in the dwemer getup. So What's on the menu today?"

Karcen Karcen Locklaklazarii Locklaklazarii Faltasey Faltasey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back