• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Elder Scrolls: Brand New World

Also something strange and I just read: "Trinimac: Strong god of the early Aldmer, in some places more popular than Auri-El. He was a warrior spirit of the original Elven tribes that led armies against the Men. Boethiah is said to have assumed his shape (in some stories, he even eats Trinimac) so that he could convince a throng of Aldmer to listen to him, which led to their eventual Chimeri conversion. "  from http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Varieties_of_Faith...

Something that can't happen until after men arrive on Tamriel.  The earliest evidence I can find says this is 1000 ME, from http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Frontier,_Conquest (" New archeological excavations date the earliest human settlements in Hammerfell, High Rock, and Cyrodiil at ME800-1000, centuries earlier than Ysgramor, even assuming that the twelve Nord "kings" prior to Harald were actual historical figures.")

That said, it's obviously up to you, @Boethiah  , if I can play a small group that's gotten to the Imperial Island, that's also fine. I'm not sure how to represent that on the CC thread, so I appreciate any guidance towards that end. :-)

The Aldmer had control of Atmora during the Dawn Era. 

"Orkey (Old Knocker): A loan-god of the Nords, who seem to have taken up his worship during Aldmeri rule of Atmora."

"To make up for it, Auri-El led the original Aldmer against the armies of Lorkhan in mythic times, vanquishing that tyrant and establishing the first kingdoms of the Altmer, Altmora and Old Ehlnofey. He then ascended to heaven in full observance of his followers so that they might learn the steps needed to escape the mortal plane." http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Varieties_of_Faith

It says mythic times, but fighting against Lorkhan would place it in the Dawn Era and also explain how the two civilizations met. It's most likely another way of referring to the war between the proto-Mer and proto-Men

"The wandering Ehlnofey expected to be welcomed into the peaceful realm, but the Old Ehlnofey looked on them as degenerates fallen from their former glory. For whatever reason, war broke out, and raged across the whole of Nirn. The Old Ehlnofey retained their ancient power and knowledge, but the Wanderers were more numerous, and toughened by their long struggle to survive on Nirn. This war reshaped the face of Nirn, sinking much of the land beneath new oceans and leaving the lands as we know them (Tamriel, Akavir, Atmora, and Yokuda). The Old Ehlnofey realm, although ruined, became Tamriel. The remnants of the Wanderers were left divided on the other 3 continents." http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Annotated_Anuad

It is a problem that some books tell one thing and some tell another (since all are imperfect narrators).

As far as I am aware, the Dawn Era is just things related to the gods (of various types), since time did not begin in a linear/set sense until the Convention of the gods at the Adamantine Tower.

If it was before the Convention, then Trinimac couldn't really have been changed (since no spirital or temporal laws were set).  The Convention set it so that time went in one linear direction and that one could not just undo what had been done.

Sadly, few other books are as clear as "Before the Ages of Man" (which claims that, among other things, Aldmer did not move from Aldmeris until during the Merethic Era).  Veloth left from the Summerset Isle, so my point is more that they had to move their before they could leave there.
The rest tend to be much more poetic/vague.  "The True Nature of Orcs" says the change happened in the final days of the Dawn Age.  "The Fall of Trinimac" places it in the Merethic (" During the Merethic Era, a cult of Aldmeri dissidents abandoned the commonly accepted worship of Summerset Isle and began following a young prophet, Veloth. Boethiah had been speaking to Veloth in dreams and visions, guiding him to lead a new sect of Aldmeri with the belief that mortals could ascend to become gods. ")

"The Changed Ones" specifically references the Altmer, which obviously means that the Altmer already exist as a separate entity from the Aldmer. (Something that seems to be Merethic.)

There being no clear universal laws means that there would be nothing keeping Trinimac as Trinimac. Varieties of Faith in the Empire places Sheogorath's transformation from Jyggalag at the immediate end of the Dawn Era. The Exagesis of Merid-Nunda (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Exegesis_of_Merid-Nunda) also says that she created her realm of Oblivion before messing with Time and becoming the Daedric Prince Meridia.

"The Old Ehlnofey realm, although ruined, became Tamriel." this line from the Annotated Anuad also dismisses Aldmeris as existing since somewhere in the Dawn Era because it became Tamriel. Aicantar of Shimmerene being a Thalmor propaganda writer would explain why he wrote about Aldmeris as a separate place because it leads to ideas of a unity among the Mer.

Anyways, I'll start off on Auridon if you want me too. The first set of turns are either going to be 50-100 years so both my faction and yours will be able to leave the Summerset Isles and head to our desired locations by the end of the first turn. For the purposes of the CC, you can start off saying that several thousand Aldmer agreed to go along with you in search of a new land to call home.

Alright

Don't let me tell you where to start. :-)

I guess, plop me down in the Mathiisen area of Auridon, since there's some Ayleid ruins around it (and a bay doesn't hurt if you want to leave by ships).  My Paint is not cooperating right now, unfortunately.

Thanks!

EDIT: Since Topal the Pilot is repeatedly named the first Aldmer explorer of Tamriel, I'm going to just assume that either his travels are around this time period or have already happened (even though his dates are likely to be middle Merethic). 
"It was about this time that many Aldmer left Summerset to settle the mainland of Tamriel. There was probably no single reason for this second exodus of the Aldmer, but some evidence, such as the famed Ramoran Tapestries - the very ones that show some of the creatures mentioned above - show how untouched and beautiful the mainland was considered to be by the Aldmer. Expeditions, such as those taken by Topal the Pilot and others, had painted an image in their minds of a great land where even workers, at the lowest end of the Summerset hierarchy could live as kings. The Prophet Veloth was among those who led a group of discontented Aldmer away from Summerset to a new promised land. "
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_Third_Edition:_Summerset_Isles

Last edited by a moderator:
Mhm, though if you spawn in any current nations you'll need to revolt first.

I was actually thinking I would start as a small clan of Atmorans on the northern most island and try to build my strength from there rather than start as a nation that's already been determined if thats okay.

Humans would Start in Atmora (the northern most Continent)

Dwemer would be in the Northern Mountains of Tamriel

Aldmer could technically be almost anywhere in Tamriel as this is their age of expansion

Do you have  a preference of where you would like to start? (you would only be one house)

Nedes are native to Tamriel. They would be settled in what is now Cyrodiil, High Rock, and Hammerfell.

The Nedes came from Atmora

Nedes are the proto-humans who were natives of Tamriel. Humans consider their origins to be from the Throat of the World, then they split up, since they were descendants of the Wandering Elhnofey. There is a lot of speculation of their origins, but the most common theory accepted is that the humans who didn't leave Tamriel after the Dawn Era, are considered Nedes. That is how Bretons came to be, they interbred with the Aldmer who settled in High Rock, and when the Nords started expanding their Empire, they encountered the "Half-Elves" of High Rock, in which their elven features were more prominent. 

I could be wrong, but that is what I gathered from the lore guys on the Bethesda forums. I'll try to find some links. 

Nedes are the proto-humans who were natives of Tamriel. Humans consider their origins to be from the Throat of the World, then they split up, since they were descendants of the Wandering Elhnofey. There is a lot of speculation of their origins, but the most common theory accepted is that the humans who didn't leave Tamriel after the Dawn Era, are considered Nedes. That is how Bretons came to be, they interbred with the Aldmer who settled in High Rock, and when the Nords started expanding their Empire, they encountered the "Half-Elves" of High Rock, in which their elven features were more prominent. 

I could be wrong, but that is what I gathered from the lore guys on the Bethesda forums. I'll try to find some links. 

Nedes are the first humans to arrive on Tamriel, I believe, but there were no humans on Tamriel before ME 1000 to my knowledge 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back