• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Education Encounter

BoltBeam

Falling Into The Sky
Roleplay Type(s)
Roleplay with Redfork2000. Sorry!

Now, this is fun. Not only do I get to experience my first time roleplaying in a thread like this on here for the first time... I get to show off my first character as well! Two birds with one stone.

This is a simple one-to-one roleplay - where the scenario is simple. It's a meet-up of many students this time of year in this specific fantasy world, some choosing to talk, some, choosing to show off their skills - or others who do that or others!

Let us get started, post haste!

SEPARATION BORDER!

It's the first day of this so-called 'Great Education Meeting'. Students from all around this fantasy world have united to do all sorts of activities. Sharing knowledge and stuff like that - maybe a display of skill 'and' knowledge. There so many ways one can do that in a fantasy world like this. Of course, for every 'good' student, there may be a few 'bad' ones, but in this sizeable a group, who cares? If anyone was to show up now, the majority of things they could do involved meeting any students in conversation.

Near the middle of the crowd stood what looked like a girl in her early 20s, with two puppets to her sides - one to her left, and one to the right - floating by her sides at all times as she walked around and mingled with people she wanted to. They stood relatively tall with the two puppets just keeping an eye on anything around them. It seems like she's a puppet master, and those two puppets are hers and solely hers.

//Out of character is in these, just so you know. If the need arises.

//Speaking of, here's the character template, followed by my character!

Name: (You should know this...)
Powers: (What powers - if any - do they have?)
Gender: (It's either male or female, or unknown if you feel like it.)
Personality: (How does this character act? What are they like?)
Appearance: (What does this character look like?)

//Here's mine. My first creation - my puppet master!
Name: Shizuka Aishi
Powers: Shizuka possesses magical prowess over fire, water, earth, and wind - as well as magical puppets she had made herself. Their numbers are high, fulfil a variety of roles, and their strength varies. There are 5 kinds of puppets in all. Shizuka also uses portal magic - mainly for transportation issues.
Personality: Shizuka is... a bit of a tame one. She's quiet, but well aware of it. Knowledgeable and reserved, Shizuka is adamant to help those in need in any ways she can, but when push comes to shove, she is easily stressed if she gets something wrong.
Appearance: Shizuka is a young woman with an average and healthy down-to-earth look. From top to bottom, she's rocking amber drills for her hair style, green eyes and a light skin tone for key body features. It also looks like she's at the tail end of puberty - but with that out of the way, her outfit consists of a dark blue long sleeved top and shorts combo of the same colour, long white socks and shoes to match as well. She also wears dark brown gloves on both hands.

//And now, it is your turn.

Last edited:
Name: Jake Blue
Powers: Jake was born with a unique ability of psychokinesis. He can manipulate objects with th epower of his mind. He's also capable of creating energy waves and forcefields.
Personality: Smart yet tranquil, Jake is generally easy-going and likes to do things peacefully. He likes to just stick with his books or his games. However, he doesn't doubt in attacking for self-defense purposes, or to defend someone that cannot defend themselves.
Appearance: Young man with short brown hair, an overall slender build. he has blue eyes and a light skin tone. He usually wears colorful T-Shirts with dark-colored pants.

Along the right edge of the room was Jake, a man in his early twenties. He was browsing through the books he could find on a bookcase he was next to. He usually didn't bother getting into many conversations, and would rather spend his time with a book. He did, however, notice the girl that was with her puppets, but didn't think much of it, at least not at the moment. He continued to browse through the books, trying to choose one to read.

While this girl conversed, her two puppets were scanning the area around her, and when she finished conversing, they would plan out who they might want to talk to next. Given time, one could hear her talking to them - as if she is consulting the puppets themselves The puppets scanned the room once again - noticing the lone Jake over in the corner. They tried to get a closer look without scaring Jake, but regardless, the puppets flew on over to him, with the girl soon to approach. Welcome to the conversation zone.

"Trying to pick out a good book?" She asked, the puppets returning to her sides. "I'm sorry if this is forced upon you, but... well... I thought I'd just make the most of this event. I'm sorry in advance if you feel pressured..."

"Huh?" Jake says at first, as he turns around and realizes that the girl with the puppets is now right in front of him. "Oh, don't worry about it. It's not like I'm intentionally trying to avoid everyone. I just... don't do well starting conversations, that's all."

"Hey, no shame in that." She said, smiling. "I have enough troubles going outdoors - I 'would' have sent my puppets here in my place while I stayed back home, buut... That's kind of act that backfired on me at graduation day... Heh..." She chuckled a bit, closing her eyes. Both puppets look at each other and shake their heads in disappointment.

"...That's a looong story..." She said. "I, uh.... have this... 'illness'..." She said. "Exposure to heat and cold without anything to shelter me results in sudden pains - but overdue exposure, as I've been told, can give me a heart attack... So I kinda just walked through a portal to get here instead of risking that!"

"That's what a few years in magic school got me." She said. "It's also the reason I have my puppets!"

"More accurately, they are fuelled by magic and thus, brought to life." She explained. "That's also how they are to fly and even express themselves." She said, looking to the puppets who are both juggling cubes. 4 each.

"...Whoops! Forgot to introduce myself, I'm sorry... I'm Shizuka. Glad to meet you!" She said, the puppets still juggling. "And you are...?"

"It sure is!" Shizuka smiled to Jake, her puppets ceasing their juggling. She seemed pretty happy to have worked her way to the main meat of the conversation - actually get to know the other person.

Jake seemed pretty happy as well. He usually wasn't one to speak much with new people, but he was enjoying the conversation. Shizuka seemed nice, and was.very interesting as well.

Shizuka seated herself down, giving her legs a rest from her standing up straight for a long time. The puppets floated on down onto her lap and laid there - face-first on top of each other. Shizuka just smiled, trying to think how to press the conversation further.

"Sooo... What's your shtick?" Shizuka asked. "...As in, what can you do? Abilities or otherwise?"

"Oh, that?" Jake says. He usually didn't use his powers much in front of other people, but he felt comfortable with Shizuka, so he would do it. He began to use his powers to levitate all the books from the book case, and spin the around him in synchronized patterns.

"I have the power of psychokinesis. I can move nearby objects with the power of my mind. It's hard to master controlling several objects at once, since it requires a lot of focus to dp it right. It's taken me years of practice to be able to do things like this while talking to someone."

"Oooh... Sounds pretty fun. And more useful..." Shizuka said. "...But hey. Take what you can get, suppose."

"Yeah, it's pretty cool, but it can get really exhausting if overused." Jake said, using his psychokinesis to put all the books back in place. "Once I had a terrible headache for overusing my powers. I've been more careful with that ever since."

"It looks so much more convenient and dare I say - fun!" Shizuka said, proceeding to get death stares from her puppets, and gulping as a result. "I-I mean-! It's not like I'm jealous of it, but- I guess there's always a good and a bad, huh?"

"Well, I guess it could be fun." Jake says. "I usually use it for more practical purposes, such as carrying stuff around, multi-tasking and reaching the control remote when it's out of reach. However, I guess there's also several fun ways to use this power."

"I mean - when I'm not in combat, my puppets usually help me with a few menial tasks - you know, fetching stuff from shops and what not. I can portal them to there and back and they know exactly what they're doing - and plus I can stay back home safe from harm." Shizuka said, a proud smile on her face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back