• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Colosseum Ecstasy - Arena for Blood-spoilt Warriors

planetbustingdog

Destroyer of worlds, eater of treats.
Roleplay Type(s)
`` It was more akin to an orgy; of battering fists and twisting limbs. The effort behind every punch paid in kind, like the reciprocation of an intimate kiss. The blood spraying onto the chiselled stone walls like pretty pink petals garnishing a queen sized bed on a couple's honey-moon. These fighters did not feel pain, but pure bliss, in admiration of each other's technique, years of physical toil, and lust for victory. ``
Once a year, deep within the ground on an unmarked island, a tournament is held every year by a collective of very rich and powerful men and women. Politicians, Religious primarchs and royalty, and equally powerful secret societies. In this place, they indulge in every manner of sin and sickly desire, the main event being the "Sinner's Gauntlet"; a spectacle meant to sacrifice the blood of the many losers of this deathmatch in order to equivalently clean the souls of the powerful for their misdeeds during the "Sennight of Pleasure", with the only rule maintained on the island being:

Do what thou wilt.

Pre-requisites:
  • Every individual fighter character will have a "sponsor". If your character is an apostle of a church, he/she might be accompanied by a bishop or priest of relevant infamy. Be aware that effort does not need to be invested in this "sponsor" character, as they are just a reason for the fighter's appearance.
  • While the skillset of a fighter should be realistic (familiar with fighting styles such as Boxing or Muay Thai, MMA, etc) I am happy to suspend my belief for certain abilities or imagined fighting styles if you can believably back it up with some information, even if it's messy. Examples include Kengan Ashura's Possessing Spirit which increases fighting ability through the "overclocking" of heart function (impossible in real life, but dramatically appealing within fiction). I'm more than happy to accommodate these abilities, but if you're able to somehow articulate the use of laser eyes, I'll probably question something like that.
Further example:
- Acceptable: "My character, through decades of meditation and training, has the ability to accelerate his/her perception of time for a single second, allowing them to strike their opponent with frightening accuracy within that duration. This comes at the cost of a severe migraine that debilitates them for several minutes, leaving them unable to use the ability for that period of time."

-Unacceptable: "My character can slow down time in a localized space and hit you one thousand times with no cost."
  • The winner for each match will be decided by player characters OOC, but if a player character is matched with an NPC of my creation, the player will win by default (if they desire that). If a player loses a match, they will still be involved in the overarching plot, and will be involved in battles outside of the arena.
Rules:
  • All writers should be 18+ only.
  • When writing an interaction with another player, it is unacceptable to force the interaction. E.g "I do hit my opponent and their skull is shattered." All interactions should be written open-endedly. E.g "I attempt to hit my opponent in their head, in order to shatter their skull."
  • The fighters that participate in this arena, while superhuman, are expected to have an equal number of negatives to balance their qualities. "Not a good listener" is not a good negative if your character's parallel positive is "can crush a human skull with index and thumb". These negatives should always be incorporated in scenes involving your character. If they're arrogant and cocky, make a spectacle of their confidence leading to their downfall with one fatal move gone wrong, or something...
Post order will be established over discord OOC. Multi-para to Novella writers are desired. If a player ghosts the thread for a fair period of time, their character will be killed off, most likely in a very jarring, inexplicable way. If a player takes too long to post but have explained that they will be taking time off due to any personal reason, their post order will simply be skipped and a believable explanation for their character's absence will be perpetuated until they return.

Below is a simple character sheet and sponsor sheet which can be filled in as fruitfully or as minimally as possible. I'm more than happy for you to include other elements at your convenience to further flesh out your character(s), as these "sheets" cover the bare minimum descriptors to submit:

Combatant -

Name:
Sex:
Personality:
History:
Reason(s) for Competing:
Fighting Style & Signature Abilities:

Sponsor -

Name:
Sex:
Personality:
History:
Societal Standing: (E.g are they a famous actor, wealthy business man, bishop?)

So, if you're interested, post your intent below with your character(s) sheets included (or within a separate reply). Feel free to PM me for any further details, as well as my Discord. Thanks!

And if you saw this interest check accidentally posted to the Group section... No you didn't :(

Last edited:
Hiya.
I am certainly intrigued by your idea 👍
What kind of setting is this e.g Fantasy, Modern etc?

I've got three ideas for this (with some still needing a bit of work). I'll list them in order of preference

My first idea is a taekwondo fighter who can give himself 180' vision (maybe a bit more) by pushing his fingers behind his eye sockets and irritating the optic nerve. Think a chameleons eyes and you can see the effect I'm going for. His weaknesses would as the fight goes on, he would lose his depth perception, start seeing double before a massive debilitating migraine kicks in. So he hits hard and fast with his powerful kicks and increased vision. I'm thinking his benefactor is some sort of security service/ police force maybe.

Second idea is a practitioner of dirty fighting but not by his own choice. An innocent man who commits terrible evil when his hands run amok, his lethal appendages having a mind of their own. Quite possibly possessed by the devil himself, this fighters hands seek only to harm and kill, even turning on their owner when giving the chance. Intense self control is required to get his hands under control, but welded by a meek man the only solution is to restrain and bind the horrible things. Weakness wise, the fighter himself is pretty tame and the hands aren't exactly intelligent (though they can learn) so smart strategy can keep em at bay. Benefactor is probably a prison warden.. (still thinking on this one)

Lastly, my other fighter idea is a man who suffers from genetic atavism giving him an animalistic and scaly appearance (think Killer Croc). A devoutly religious man he takes it upon himself to harbour the sins of the men of the cloth. With a heavy heart he wields his curse as a weapon, taking blow after blow as he seeks to incapacitate his foe though one push comes to shove he can awaken the beast within, turning off the more human part of his brain and unlocking the animalistic side. Visibly shifting in appearance, (slight size increase, sharp teeth, white eyes etc) he fights with savage untamed fury, and only the taste of blood can calm and bring him back. So this guy's strength is also his weakness, with the taste of blood incapacitating him as his more human side comes back to the forefront. After that he's relatively out of it, just on the ground weeping silent tears for the damage he has wrought to his opponent. Possibly not enough of a weakness but if other PC's are smart or tough enough they can come out on top.

Thoughts? planetbustingdog planetbustingdog

I've got three ideas for this (with some still needing a bit of work). I'll list them in order of preference

My first idea is a taekwondo fighter who can give himself 180' vision (maybe a bit more) by pushing his fingers behind his eye sockets and irritating the optic nerve. Think a chameleons eyes and you can see the effect I'm going for. His weaknesses would as the fight goes on, he would lose his depth perception, start seeing double before a massive debilitating migraine kicks in. So he hits hard and fast with his powerful kicks and increased vision. I'm thinking his benefactor is some sort of security service/ police force maybe.

Second idea is a practitioner of dirty fighting but not by his own choice. An innocent man who commits terrible evil when his hands run amok, his lethal appendages having a mind of their own. Quite possibly possessed by the devil himself, this fighters hands seek only to harm and kill, even turning on their owner when giving the chance. Intense self control is required to get his hands under control, but welded by a meek man the only solution is to restrain and bind the horrible things. Weakness wise, the fighter himself is pretty tame and the hands aren't exactly intelligent (though they can learn) so smart strategy can keep em at bay. Benefactor is probably a prison warden.. (still thinking on this one)

Lastly, my other fighter idea is a man who suffers from genetic atavism giving him an animalistic and scaly appearance (think Killer Croc). A devoutly religious man he takes it upon himself to harbour the sins of the men of the cloth. With a heavy heart he wields his curse as a weapon, taking blow after blow as he seeks to incapacitate his foe though one push comes to shove he can awaken the beast within, turning off the more human part of his brain and unlocking the animalistic side. Visibly shifting in appearance, (slight size increase, sharp teeth, white eyes etc) he fights with savage untamed fury, and only the taste of blood can calm and bring him back. So this guy's strength is also his weakness, with the taste of blood incapacitating him as his more human side comes back to the forefront. After that he's relatively out of it, just on the ground weeping silent tears for the damage he has wrought to his opponent. Possibly not enough of a weakness but if other PC's are smart or tough enough they can come out on top.

Thoughts? planetbustingdog planetbustingdog
In all honesty, all of them sound like spectacular ideas! Honestly, if you asked me to choose between them, I wouldn't be able to give you a valid decision. Your taekwondo character gives me some shotokan vibes - a real protagonist type. Seems like a decent flat-arced character that can be applied throughout the entire story.

Your second character sounds incredibly interesting for the sole purpose that they're constantly, and literally at odds with themselves. Are they a good natured sort, but suffer a swift blankness of mind before waking up to a bloody mess of bodies? Or is a Jekyll/Hyde kind of situation going on with them?

Finally, your last character does mesh well with the world Ecstasy is set in, since they're within the tournament for the sake of their god.

Once again, all of these are such interesting ideas. If for the life of you, you cannot choose just one of them- you're happy to incorporate them within a chosen character's history, or with your blessing I could include the characters you don't use as NPCs within the lore of Ecstasy.

Character Sheet(s) W.I.P

Combatant -

Name: Dean Kan

Sex: Male

Appearance: Dean is a tall, grizzled figure. Rising to a formidable 6'5" at 110 kilos, this man is a solid block of vascular muscle; his body a monument to his dedication to combat. Dean is of mixed ethnicity; olive skinned in tone, with part Scandinavian features. His hair is long, thick and a deep hazel, coiled into a lengthy pony tail that extends down to his tailbone. His cheekbones are high, and his jaw strong and square, clean with all traces of patchy facial hair having been ritualistically shaven. His eyes however are slacked, dragged down by the gravity of sleepless nights as well as apathy.

A key feature of Dean is the silver earlobe piercing, parting into a chain that connects to the nose into a nostril stud, which is a deep jade stone. This is typically removed during combat, only remaining in ceremonial occasions.

Dean is usually seen wearing a black hand-sown poncho, threaded with diamond shaped patterning nearer to the waist. Underneath he wears a skin-tight white turtleneck, and below the belt he wears black jeans and boots with jade green studs. In combat, he strips down near-bare to a pair of brown boxers, with blood-stained wrappings on the fists and feet which indicate years of use.

Personality: Dean is quiet, dead quiet. Stoic in his manners and stride, and never an instigator nor one to actively pursue arguments or combat. While his appearance is intimidating, he is anything but violent. Dean is generous to the needy and patient with the youth. In combat, however, an emptiness encompasses Dean; almost lobotomized in his character as soon as he begins to fight.

History:

Reason(s) for Competing:

Fighting Style & Signature Abilities:

Style: Boxing -
Dean is a committed boxer - familiar in every possible stand-up technique. While being disadvantaged in the fields of grappling and holds, Dean's near perfection of hand-based striking almost makes up for his many blind-spots. It's not that he's incapable of learning anything else, but it's the fact that he chooses not to, in respect of Boxing. This fact alone leads to a lot of his grappling-heavy opponents to underestimate him, which in turn leads to their inevitable demise, especially in the face of his dedication to boxing given form:

Avatar of War: Through years of grueling, uninterrupted dedication to boxing, Dean has accomplished an inhuman mastery over his body in order to compensate for the disadvantages of the body and mind in battle. In this state, Dean's muscle fibers are tightened to near supernatural degrees across the entire body, making his skin turn a light violet, through the stress of bruising skin and pumping blood. This allows Dean two advantages:

- Iron Body. The inflexible state of Dean's muscular structure allows him to negate any sort of recoil from the strikes of opponents- while still taking damage, this allows Dean to punch uninterrupted. This also allows Dean to almost wrestle through well established Jujitsu locks through sheer immovability.

- Unflinching Focus. In reality, a well trained boxer is capable of keeping their eyes open in the midst of combat, even while being punched in the face, so that exposure to a blind spot is denied. Dean through his sheer focus is able to counter-attack effectively and without pause, being able to relax into a brain rattling uppercut to deliver a skull-cracking overhand in kind.

A weakness to Dean's Avatar of War is the exhaustion that follows 5 minutes after use. His skin fades back into a lighter, almost emaciated tone, and his stance droops into a pitiful hang. While still keen of mind, this leaves Dean vulnerable for a further 10 minutes, making him susceptible to more pain and increased weakness of his bones.

Sponsor -

Name:
Sex:
Personality:
History:
Societal Standing: (E.g are they a famous actor, wealthy business man, bishop?)

Last edited:
In all honesty, all of them sound like spectacular ideas! Honestly, if you asked me to choose between them, I wouldn't be able to give you a valid decision. Your taekwondo character gives me some shotokan vibes - a real protagonist type. Seems like a decent flat-arced character that can be applied throughout the entire story.

Your second character sounds incredibly interesting for the sole purpose that they're constantly, and literally at odds with themselves. Are they a good natured sort, but suffer a swift blankness of mind before waking up to a bloody mess of bodies? Or is a Jekyll/Hyde kind of situation going on with them?

Finally, your last character does mesh well with the world Ecstasy is set in, since they're within the tournament for the sake of their god.

Once again, all of these are such interesting ideas. If for the life of you, you cannot choose just one of them- you're happy to incorporate them within a chosen character's history, or with your blessing I could include the characters you don't use as NPCs within the lore of Ecstasy.

Well my second idea, he is fully aware of what his hands are doing with no way to stop em hence why his hands must be bound otherwise they might turn on em. Only in a fight, and against an opponent, will his hands ignore him and seek to sate their bloodlust on another though he cannot ignore what his hands can reap, even as he close his eyes and turns away. When they are satisfied or crippled can they be easily contained, as attendants or guards rush in and bind them...

So he's always aware of what his bloodthirsty hands do sadly. Just a meek man with haunted hands.

I'm probably gonna iron out my characters a bit more, and then work on character sheets for em. Whichever one comes the easiest, i'll probably be, allowing you to use the others in the story (feel mighty honoured btw for that.)

Well my second idea, he is fully aware of what his hands are doing with no way to stop em hence why his hands must be bound otherwise they might turn on em. Only in a fight, and against an opponent, will his hands ignore him and seek to sate their bloodlust on another though he cannot ignore what his hands can reap, even as he close his eyes and turns away. When they are satisfied or crippled can they be easily contained, as attendants or guards rush in and bind them...

So he's always aware of what his bloodthirsty hands do sadly. Just a meek man with haunted hands.

I'm probably gonna iron out my characters a bit more, and then work on character sheets for em. Whichever one comes the easiest, i'll probably be, allowing you to use the others in the story (feel mighty honoured btw for that.)
Sounds good! I imagine a warrior entering the ring in literal hand-caged chastity, finally being released, only to go nuts in the midst of battle. I've changed my character as well, in reference to the late Mayan conch boxers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back