Destroyer of worlds, eater of treats.
`` It was more akin to an orgy; of battering fists and twisting limbs. The effort behind every punch paid in kind, like the reciprocation of an intimate kiss. The blood spraying onto the chiselled stone walls like pretty pink petals garnishing a queen sized bed on a couple's honey-moon. These fighters did not feel pain, but pure bliss, in admiration of each other's technique, years of physical toil, and lust for victory. ``Once a year, deep within the ground on an unmarked island, a tournament is held every year by a collective of very rich and powerful men and women. Politicians, Religious primarchs and royalty, and equally powerful secret societies. In this place, they indulge in every manner of sin and sickly desire, the main event being the "Sinner's Gauntlet"; a spectacle meant to sacrifice the blood of the many losers of this deathmatch in order to equivalently clean the souls of the powerful for their misdeeds during the "Sennight of Pleasure", with the only rule maintained on the island being:
Do what thou wilt.
- Every individual fighter character will have a "sponsor". If your character is an apostle of a church, he/she might be accompanied by a bishop or priest of relevant infamy. Be aware that effort does not need to be invested in this "sponsor" character, as they are just a reason for the fighter's appearance.
- While the skillset of a fighter should be realistic (familiar with fighting styles such as Boxing or Muay Thai, MMA, etc) I am happy to suspend my belief for certain abilities or imagined fighting styles if you can believably back it up with some information, even if it's messy. Examples include Kengan Ashura's Possessing Spirit which increases fighting ability through the "overclocking" of heart function (impossible in real life, but dramatically appealing within fiction). I'm more than happy to accommodate these abilities, but if you're able to somehow articulate the use of laser eyes, I'll probably question something like that.
- Acceptable: "My character, through decades of meditation and training, has the ability to accelerate his/her perception of time for a single second, allowing them to strike their opponent with frightening accuracy within that duration. This comes at the cost of a severe migraine that debilitates them for several minutes, leaving them unable to use the ability for that period of time."
-Unacceptable: "My character can slow down time in a localized space and hit you one thousand times with no cost."
- The winner for each match will be decided by player characters OOC, but if a player character is matched with an NPC of my creation, the player will win by default (if they desire that). If a player loses a match, they will still be involved in the overarching plot, and will be involved in battles outside of the arena.
- All writers should be 18+ only.
- When writing an interaction with another player, it is unacceptable to force the interaction. E.g "I do hit my opponent and their skull is shattered." All interactions should be written open-endedly. E.g "I attempt to hit my opponent in their head, in order to shatter their skull."
- The fighters that participate in this arena, while superhuman, are expected to have an equal number of negatives to balance their qualities. "Not a good listener" is not a good negative if your character's parallel positive is "can crush a human skull with index and thumb". These negatives should always be incorporated in scenes involving your character. If they're arrogant and cocky, make a spectacle of their confidence leading to their downfall with one fatal move gone wrong, or something...
Below is a simple character sheet and sponsor sheet which can be filled in as fruitfully or as minimally as possible. I'm more than happy for you to include other elements at your convenience to further flesh out your character(s), as these "sheets" cover the bare minimum descriptors to submit:
Reason(s) for Competing:
Fighting Style & Signature Abilities:
Societal Standing: (E.g are they a famous actor, wealthy business man, bishop?)
So, if you're interested, post your intent below with your character(s) sheets included (or within a separate reply). Feel free to PM me for any further details, as well as my Discord. Thanks!
And if you saw this interest check accidentally posted to the Group section... No you didn't