• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"Ayyyyyy, there she is!!" Rushing Jaws calls out to Abby; she'd been awful quiet after the Crypts, leading Rushing Jaws to worry that she was having a bad reaction to the MRDR. "MRDR is a hell of a drug for sure, especially for the first couple of times. Only skimmed the list but im pretty sure that servitor had some serviceable chill-time stuff on there, might partake later myself."

[Before the festivities start, what do you need from Starglass?]
Emergency farcaster, that's easy. Homing plasmaburst minimissiles too, and a proper medical kit for field treatment.
[What else?]
Think we could fit a battlesuit on there?
[That might be pushing it if you also want a farcaster. Maybe the black carnival has options?]
'May be. Somethin to follow up on once they're ready for us. Fire off that much for now.
[Sir yes sir!]

Euphemia “Eppie” Sapienti
Eppie looks up at Abby's entrance, having folded herself by the table with an opened bag of the Good Stuff and a bong, and holds the lighter and the bong aloft, "Anyone want first pull? I need to force MRDR out of my fucking system and this is how the good scum taught me."

Last edited:
"Hell yeah hell yeah," Abby crows and heads over to join Eppie. "I learned a great many things in my time as a post-fall partygirl and chief among them is that combat drugs have their place but nothing beats a good bowlful."

[Abigail. We should send our requests to Starglass.]
Fuck. You're right. Uhhhh. Heavy body armor? The kind with a helmet and environmental seals. Preferably with a heat damper modded on?
[Will that be all?]
Nah, I should probably get some augments. Medichines and electrical sens sound good, yeah?
[Excellent. Will you be needing any weaponry?]
I think I'm gonna bother those Carnival dudes and see if I can get a rifle off of them. Always been better with precision than spray and pray, y'know?

“Y’know what, yeah, I’ll get in line for that,” Rushing Jaws announces as he makes his way over to the nascent smoking circle. “Hey ronnie, wanna join us?”

“I appreciate the offer, but no thank you,” Veronica replies. “No respiratory system to metabolize it.”

“My deepest condolences to ya, madame,” Rushing Jaws says, his tone gentle in its teasing as he turns to take a seat; “Looks like Ronnie’s too cool to hang out with us, y’all.”

The joke may be at her expense, but Veronica laughs; “Oh, so you do think I’m cool, eh!?”

Brumaro, please put in a requisition for a pneumatic limb upgrade, a guardian angel drone, an invisibility cloak, and an emergency farcaster upgrade.
[At once! Anything else?]
Monitor the local guanxi chatter and Elysium newsfeeds, alert me if anything that requires my attention starts trending.
[Of course. Perhaps you should unwind, have the servitor brew your chai and join your comrades?]
Let’s see if they think I’m too cool for them first.

Euphemia "Eppie" Cross

"We follow first dibs in this house - Abby, if you would!" Eppie says, handing the bong over to Abby as RJ ribs Veronica. Eppie holds her hands out in a mocking placating gesture, "Would you be more willing to hang out with us if I didn't give you a hand out? For ten credits, you can adhere to capitalism and hang."

Pulling herself off the ground, she drops herself onto one of the available couches, waiting for her turn to get blasted.

Veronica cocks her head at Eppie: “Are you charging me admission to your smoking circle? That’s not very autonomist of you!”

Euphemia "Eppie" Cross

"You wouldn't join the circle the autonomist way, so I figured I'd present an alternative you were more familiar with; having to pay to do anything that makes life worth living!"

“Oh, I see, you’re very clever,” Veronica says, taking a cup of chai from the servitor. “You sensed an opportunity and now you want to exploit it. Have you considered going into business?”

Euphemia "Eppie" Cross

"You say exploit, I say pointing out your economic system is ass. Come hang, Uncle Sam." Eppie rapidly pats the seat beside her.

"Really now, I hardly think I've done or said anything for you to justify calling me an American," Veronica says, nevertheless making her way over and taking the seat Eppie invites her to.

Abby laughs at the exchange, grabbing the bong from Eppie. "Y'all know I'm technically American, right? My fam's all tied up in the hypercorps too. I'm not exactly a capitalist though, more like an extremely spoiled hedonist," she remarks before taking a hit.

Euphemia "Eppie" Cross

"I'm technically Russian, so I think it's actually my job to harass Americans and Capitalists. Sorry, Abby and Ronnie, but I have a God given duty to roast you."

"I'm 'techncially' just a woman from Kolkata who works for a living," Veronica says, sipping on her chai, "there's really no call to be so uncouth, dear."

"And I'm a fuckin' neo-orca from the Moon, now pass the bong," Rushing Jaws interjects as Abby passes it over to him.

Euphemia "Eppie" Cross
"RJ, you're from the Moon? And you're not being a dickhead about calling it Luna? Incredible. I've seen everything," Leaning over the back of the couch, Eppie holds her hands out and takes the bong from RJ once he's done, finishing off the rest of the bowl. Eppie starts repacking it, takes another hit, and then looks at Veronica with an exhausted expression, "Please."

"Yep. Born and raised at Clever Hands," Rushing Jaws replies; "not especially attached to it; never lived in any of the big cities and the kind of people who'd be dickheads about calling it Luna are the kinds of dickheads who'd call me Shamu or Killer, so fuck 'em and fuck their Moon."

Veronica takes one look at Eppie's expression and smirks before taking another sip of her chai.

Euphemia “Eppie” Cross

“Don’t fuck the Moon, that’s my girlfriend,” Eppie says casually. When it clicks that she said that completely unironically, she passes the bong to RJ.

"I think the Moon's my mom, you guys," Rushing Jaws says, after his next rip off the bong; "Yo, Abby, take this- fuck- I don't remember much about Clever Hands. does that mean the Moon raised me n' my podmates?"

Euphemia “Eppie” Cross

“I mean the Moon is a major gravitational force that affects the oceans’ tides and shit. Maybe the Moon has been raising orcas the whole time.”

Rushing Jaws stares at Eppie like she just revealed a secret of the universe to him.

"Fuck dude, I think you're right..."

Euphemia “Eppie” Cross

Eppie shrugs, as in a gesture of, ‘When you know, you know’, then pats the couch beside her, “Come sit before you tip over, big guy. You’re looking wobbly.”

Rushing Jaws rises from the seated position on the floor and with as much grace as a stoned neo-orca sleeving a sape can muster, shambles over and plonks onto the couch beside Eppie, making a clicking noise as if he needed to echolocate his way over there.

"You ever think about how air is like water but less?" Rushing Jaws asks, as if this is a perfectly reasonable question.

"At this rate he'll be crashing on the couch," Veronica comments.

"No crashing involved, just gonna lay out on it," Rushing Jaws replies.

Euphemia “Eppie” Cross

Eppie smiles fondly, happy that she’s not the highest person in the room for once. She shuffles close to Rushing Jaws, giving him her full, undivided attention as she takes his hand. “That so? Tell me more.”

At Ronnie’s comment, Eppie pats RJ’s arm, “I’ll get him into an actual bed, don’t worry.”

Abby giggles at the antics of RJ and takes another hit from the bong he passed her before handing it off to Eppie. "Did y'all know there's water that's breathable by humans? Well. Not water but close."

Euphemia "Eppie" Cross

"It's pretty weird, honestly. Medi-tanks use it, because it's easier on the lungs and heart when someone's gone through heavy physical trauma or something. We've also used it a few times for missions when the other side of the gate was oceans. It's painfully switching back and forth, lemme tell you."

"Whaddya mean 'water that's breathable by humans-' its air," Rushing Jaws asks, utterly bewildered; "like. air is water but less. if you sapes breathe water, you drown. air is less enough that you can breathe that. only way you can drink water is if you have, fuckin', gills, to filter the air out of the water you need. dont they just put a mask on you when you're in a medtank?"

"He looks more comfortable right where he is," Veronica observes, as Rushing Jaws seems to melt onto the couch.

"Confy," Rushing Jaws clarifies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back