• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Pontes Station
(Collab post with CelticSol CelticSol and TrashRabbit TrashRabbit )

The last forty five minutes had been more exciting than Vidar had planned for, so reading Emilio’s travel blog about the Martian outback becomes a soothing errand that yields no leads. He leaves the G-rep jockeying to Mach and Devin and trust them to spread their rumor cover story around appropriately. So to kill some time he reads a little deeper and, honestly, it’s just a really good blog. He thinks he likes the idea of the Martian outback, it’s haunting landscapes,strange histories, and its rough people and most of all their persistence. He shares it with the tacnet only to get Mach reading it with him- because man this guy runs a good blog.

He looks up from his entropics as Rj and Eppie arrive.

Heliotrope{Pm to Jukeboxmaiden}: Hey, you okay?

He adds to the spam to he had been sending her while her mesh was off. He waves and hopes that Devin keeps his promise to apologize soon.

Heliotrope{Pm to Jukeboxmaiden}: Check out this sweet blog this snitch runs
Heliotrope{Pm to Jukeboxmaiden}: Makes me wanna go live under a rock too

Heliotrope{tacent}: I can't get anything on this guy.

Eppie takes a sip of her strawberry milkshake, which comes through the clear straw as pink as she. She absently runs her thumb along the side of RJ’s hand as she views the blog, taking in the contents. It’s actually rather clever - though the pictures are beautiful and they do, in fact, accurately capture Mars’ natural beauty, and it is, in fact, a pretty dope blog, there are no markers that could distinguish exactly what wilderness he could be hiding in. It could be close to where he was last seen, or it could be on the other side of the planet.

“Have you tried hacking it? You or the new crew member or, y’know, anyone capable of hacking?” She asks.

“I can’t even work a fucking fabricator,” Vidar says defensivly. He glances at Veronica though.

Eppie looks expectantly at Veronica, “Did you have any luck?”

“I honestly hadn’t thought to,” Veronica answers. “I’m sure I could, if need be - I’ve just been monitoring the mesh to make sure no one’s hacking us.”

“... Can you give it a shot? You’re our resident hacker-”

[You would be able to do it, so long as she watches for raised alarms.]

Eppie freezes as Seze’s voice speaks into her mind. There is a dissonance to her voice that unsettles, as if she were not properly synced up to Eppie’s inserts - her voice distorts, fades, and pitches as if it were being altered to follow a tune. She can see Seze in her mind, watching Eppie with unsettling intensity, her form shivering as if the signal were corrupted by static.

“I don’t know how to hack,” Eppie whispers, unknowingly speaking out loud, “I don’t know how.”

Seze smiles, but it seems… wrong. It is not an expression of the human form, of lips exposing teeth to show joy - it is plastic, pulled taut and tight over a row of too perfect, too straight teeth. There seem to be too many teeth in Seze’s mouth, teeth that are the wrong shape and the wrong size and her eyes are as empty and unfathomable as the expanse of the void.

[No, you don’t. But what you do know is how to access something who does.]

“I-” Eppie catches the meaning of her words, her body going cold, as if Seze had dumped water over her head. She pauses, looking at Veronica uncertainly, then Vidar. She says, quietly, “Let me try.”

“... didn’t you just say you didn’t know how?” Veronica asks with a skeptical quirk of an eyebrow: “This isn’t something you can just try- here, give me a moment to establish a connection, I’ll have it shortly-”

“No. I… I can do this,” She looks to Vidar, her eyes pleading for backup, “Vidar, I can do this.

He meets her blue eyes and what he means to say is “I don’t know can you?” but instead he gets stuck reforming and rearranging the words, until he realizes he can’t hear his own inner monologue over something static that his mind can’t quite find the melody in. Then for the second time in forty five minutes his personality gets put on the high shelf while something inside him with teeth crunches data like its hungry. Only he’s certain, in a distant way that those teeth are his as well.

“Vidar?” Eppie repeats quietly, dropping RJ’s hand to approach him. She takes his hand with both of her own, eye brows upturning in concern, “Vidar. You know I can do this?”

“Em, what’s going on?” Veronica asks, eyebrow now very quirked in confusion.

“Yeah, y’all, we should maybe find some place out of the way,” Rushing Jaws suggests, glancing around as discreetly as he can as he starts picking up on the same thing Veronica is and having only a marginally better idea of what it actually is. “Are y’all good to move, does this gotta happen here n’ now?”

Eppie looks at Vidar’s blank expression, but she knows - she can feel his thoughts. Somehow. Her mind and his feel one in the same in this moment. “We can do this.”

[Euphemia,] Seze says, her face still set in her horrific mockery of a smile as the buzzing of a tune starts in her ear, which quickly crescendos in volume as more and more voices join in singing. It forms a haunting melody of inhuman voices, and when Seze speaks again, Eppie realizes the odd tune her voice is following forms a low harmony of the song, [You know now how to do this, don’t you?]

Eppie opens the mesh, finds the blog of the snitch, and, within the blink of an eye and the processing of pages and pages of code, the home page of the blog is open to her.

The song decrescendos as quickly as it had risen, and Eppie looks at the home page, which even welcomes her with a cheery message of ‘Welcome, Emilio!’, in utter disbelief.

She releases Vidar’s hand as the headache of her sleight fades away, and says, almost sounding as if she needs to convince herself, “I… I did it. I have access. What do we need to know?”

“His last upload locations, other people he was with,” Vidar rattles off mechanically. He blinks owlish and pushes his hair out of his face, as his nose bleed picks up again with a vengeance.

“Oh, jeez, Viddy, you’re bleeding like hell-” Eppie grabs one of the napkins given to her at the milkshake bar from her pocket, pressing them underneath his nose to staunch his bleeding. As she does, she looks through the account, finding through the metadata where Emilio is hiding, and his companions: “He’s in Elysium City, and he is with two people pretty regularly - Khadijah Zosain and Soo-Yun Ryong.”

“Great,” He says sarcastically, taking the offered napkins.

“Wait- seriously, what’s going on?” Veronica asks, clear concern in her tone as napkins are administered to nosebleeds. “Are you two okay? I could’ve gotten it-”

“Just fine,” He says, “This nose bleed wont fuck off I guess.”

Heliotrope {tacnet}: So. something did just happen but lets keep it down low, okay?
Heliotrope{tacnet}: Christ.

Heliotrope{Pm to jukeboxmaiden}: W H A T
Heliotrope{Pm to jukeboxmaiden} T H E
Heliotrope{Pm to jukeboxmaiden} F U C K
jukeboxmaiden {PM to Heliotrope}: what
jukeboxmaiden {PM to Heliotrope}: i dont understand
Heliotrope: Eppie. You just- You just hijacked my whole entire brain.
jukeboxmaiden: i just WHAT
jukeboxmaiden: viddy - i just used one of my sleights. i didnt mind link to you or anything. thats just,,,, not possible
Heliotrope: How come I’m the one bleeding then? You sent me to the god damn map zone.
Heliotrope: Apparently it’s possible. Cause you did it!

Eppie stops dead, looking at Vidar intensely, worry creasing her face. She looks to the other nervously, like they may be able to see the same messages, then returns her gaze to Vidar.

jukeboxmaiden: viddy im sorry. i didnt mean to. i would never do that on purpose. i would never. im so sorry
Heliotrope: its okay-
Heliotrope: I’m just freaked.
Heliotrope: I think I’d feel better if it was on purpose.
Heliotrope: Okay. God. We gotta act natural.
jukeboxmaiden: im so so sorry.

Eppie quickly makes significant physical distance between herself and Vidar, trying and failing to not look dejected and withdrawn.

“Hey, Eppie,” Rushing Jaws says, arms out for another hug as he tries to catch her attention. “Hug for ya here if you want it”

Azathothwakes {TacNet} Understood.
Azathothwakes: i can pm Starglass n’ get transport to Elysium set up
Heliotrope:{Tacnet}: Do it. Lets get out of here.

Eppie crosses the space between herself and RJ, wordlessly entering the embrace of his arms. Pressing her face into his shoulder and tucking her arms against her chest, Eppie leans heavily into RJ’s grasp, overwhelmed by herself and the singing voices in her mind.

”This voice is calling for a touch to be undone…I hope love will come to us again/as a place we all can come...” Rushing Jaws starts to sing, hoping that a song will help Eppie center herself after… whatever that was. Just like earlier, he makes sure she is secure and snug in his grip without feeling trapped, breathing easy in the hopes it helps her.

Veronica watches this with the best poker face she can wear, and decides to do something herself.

Mekhajakumaar {pm to Heliotrope}: Hey, do you- that looked pretty rough, do you need anything?
Heliotrope: Goblins make do, but thanks.
Heliotrope: I should really invest in medichines
Mekhajakumaar: Can’t go wrong with medichines. Should be a breeze to get some around here, if you want to do that before we go down to the surface.
Heliotrope: Yeah. I got another erand to hit before we go too. Add it to the list.
Heliotrope: Sorry today has been so interestingTM
Mekhajakumaar: Such is the life of a secret agent!
Heliotrope: I can't think atm, but could you look into Emilio’s two friends?
Mekhajakumaar: Can do!

Veronica runs a quick search on the mesh for those names, finding hits for them all over Elysium city - and some very spicy social media pictures. Khadijah and Ryong look to have been living it up: both have been posting a lot of pictures of them surrounded by beautiful people in glittery, revealing outfits and scandalous positions. Veronica even thinks she recognizes a few of the people tagged in their pictures.

Mekhajakumaar {TacNet}: These two have been getting up to some sin since getting into Elysium. I’m going to follow up on Fame with some people I know, see if I can learn more.

Veronica double-checks the tags on their posts, and recognizes a socialite she’s done some work for while in Elysium city. She pulls up their Fame handle, eager to know more about what two ‘rednecks’ are doing in South Elysium.

Kavitha Maxwell {PM to MaiahGaiah}: Hey girl!
MaiahGaiah: oh hey! i don’t have anyone i need you to dig up dirt on right now, but what’s up?
Kavitha Maxwell: It’s all good, I was hoping you could actually help me dig up some dirt.
MaiahGaiah: ohohohohoho
MaiahGaiah: how the tables have turned?? ;-)))
MaiahGaiah: what can i do~?
Kavitha Maxwell: Do you know either of these folks?
MaiahGaiah: oh yeahhhhh!!!
MaiahGaiah: bitch these two are fucking crayyyyzeeee
MaiahGaiah: they showed up a month ago and have been just
MaiahGaiah: wildin
Kavitha Maxwell: Want to do me a favor?
MaiahGaiah: what kinda favor, babe?
Kavitha Maxwell: Do you know where they’ve been hanging out lately?
MaiahGaiah: idk
MaiahGaiah: i’ve seen them around

Veronica scowls at that response; her star has risen on Fame despite her relative outsider status because she has proven herself useful to the glitterati, but she knows she has to tread carefully around them and phrase her questions even more so. Trying to work out the labyrinthine, always-evolving social codes and hidden meanings has made establishing herself on Fame surprisingly difficult. The socialites and starlets are as fickle as the fae, and to offend them is to risk burning your rep. If Maiah doesn’t want to tell her, then Veronica will have to look elsewhere.

Kavitha Maxwell: Fair enough. They look like fun!
MaiahGaiah: oh bitchhhh you don’t even k n o w
MaiahGaiah: you in town? maybe we’ll run into them~
Kavitha Maxwell: Might be stopping by.
MaiahGaiah: it’s always business with youuuu :c
Kavitha Maxwell: I know, chikni. If there is time, I’ll look you up.
MaiahGaiah: okayyyyy

Maiah disconnects after their last message - a sign of annoyance, which makes them even. Veroncia takes a moment to think: it’s hard to say whether or not Valentina is on Fame or has connections to people on Fame, but then it would be safer to assume she can ask around. Her best bet didn’t pan out, so Veronica will have to carefully consider the next person she asks.

If there’s one thing she knows about Fame, however, it’s that there’s very little room at the top, and everyone’s scrambling to get there. Veronica sighs as she earmarks 1,000 of her own credits, knowing she can make that back in a week and but hoping it wouldn’t have come to this. She takes some time shopping through the list of would-be actors and influencers, trying to find some in the network of her targets that might be willing to spill for a leg up, until she finds one: an XP actor with hopes of making it big in Elysium city, with a resume full of bit parts and social media feeds full of party-with-the-star images. Whether or not his prospects are good, he’s at least found a niche for himself, and he just might have what Veronica needs.

Kavitha Maxwell: Hello.
Darius_Lorraine: yo

Veronica smirks; the player tries to come off as casual, but he rose to the bait of someone reaching down from a higher rep level much too quickly, just like she knew he would.

Kavitha Maxwell: I need a favor, and I’m prepared to make it worth your while
Darius_Lorraine: yeah??
Kavitha Maxwell: Do you know these two?
Darius_Lorraine: yea
Darius_Lorraine: i’ve seen em on the scene a bunch
Darius_Lorraine: couple of personalities been making waves the last month
Darius_Lorraine: they’re alright
Kavitha Maxwell: I’m hoping to link up with them, and I’ve got several months’ rent if you can tell me where they like to play.
Darius_Lorraine: Lupercalia
Darius_Lorraine: exclusive club in Chinatown
Darius_Lorraine: someone hooked them up with platinum memberships to the club and they’re just having the time of their lives
Darius_Lorraine: they practically live there now
Darius_Lorraine: its always an event when they go other places and lots of clubs have been letting them in just because they bring the party with them
Kavitha Maxwell: I see.
Darius_Lorraine: so, about that money
Kavitha Maxwell: Yes, I’m sending it now.
Darius_Lorraine: cool cool
Darius_Lorraine: got it
Darius_Lorraine: so can i add you to my contacts list?
Kavitha Maxwell: That depends, do you have anything else for me?
Darius_Lorraine: maybe
Kavitha Maxwell: Oh?
Darius_Lorraine: I’m a member at Lupercalia
Kavitha Maxwell: Is that right?
Darius_Lorraine: Sure is
Darius_Lorraine: It’ll cost you a lot to get in without an invitation
Darius_Lorraine: You can’t even become a member without an invitation from another member
Kavitha Maxwell: I suppose I’ll need to add you so I can see about getting an invitation then, won’t I?
Darius_Lorraine: yeah
Kavitha Maxwell: Done. How many can I bring with me?
Darius_Lorraine: two. i got three invites
Kavitha Maxwell: Good. I’ll let you know when I’m in town.
Darius_Lorraine: cool

With that, Veronica disconnects from the chat. Initially she didn’t think much of Darius, but after that move she has to respect his hustle. He had an edge on her despite being lower on the pecking order, and he now has a line to her. Maybe he’ll even amount to something on Fame after all.

Mekhajakumaar {TacNet}: I found Emilio’s ‘compatriots’ at a club in south Elysium called Lupercalia.
Mekhajakumaar: Apparently they’ve been given platinum status, which means they’re free to effectively live there.
Mekhajakumaar: Lupercalia isn’t the most exclusive club in Elysium but it is well-secured, in a well-patrolled district, and getting in without knowing someone is costly. That said, I now have a line on someone who can get myself and two others invitations. Getting to Ryong and Khadijah might be harder, but I’d be curious to know why they’re there and Emilio isn’t.
Mekhajakumaar: I have some additional things I’m going to look for before we go. I think it’s time I looked into some additional augmentations.

Mars Orbit

Arranging shuttle passage takes a day, handled by Firewall operatives out of sight and out of clearance. Equipment is procured, either by networking or fabber-time, and eventually a flight is found for the squad. Info arrives over the Eye to arrive at Docking Spar C and await the Apple Tree, an LLOTV shuttling two hundred passengers to the Elysium City Skyport. A tram ride out of the cylinder and an hour’s wait in microgravity go by in good time, and then the squad - and the crate containing their gear, as confirmed by an anonymous Firewall contact - are loaded aboard. The Apple Tree departs within the hour, guided by Traffic Control through the field of ships coming and going from Pontes before finding its trajectory and proceeding to enter the Martian atmosphere.

The option exists either to experience the spectacle of re-entry either by entering an AR overlay that strips away the hull of the transport ship and creates the illusion of flying unaided through space, or to engage with an in-flight simulspace suite to pass the time as the ship makes its way down from on high over the course of the next eight hours. At first, the ship’s course takes it on a high arc above the Planet, allowing it to spin below to put it on the correct trajectory. Reentry begins with a jolt as the ship’s belly makes contact with the Martian atmosphere - a gentle jolt, even considering the progress made with thickening the atmosphere - and then a rumbling as the ship descends on its course to the skyport. Mars expands in the view to encompass the skyline, and then to become one, the black void of space giving way to the faint rust haze of the Martian atmosphere. Olympus Mons can be seen in the distance, the ship steering well clear of the space elevator, and then hours later Elysium Mons comes into view. Just past the mountain, in the Hyblaeus chasma, the domes of Elysium are resplendent in the early afternoon sun. The ship’s course takes it on a flyover of the winding city, the omnidirectional AR allowing everyone to look down on it from on high.

Located in the Elysium and Hyblaeus Chasma in the north of the Hesperia region in Mars’s eastern hemisphere, Elysium is the entertainment capital of the inner system and the largest Martian city outside of the canyonlands of the equator. It is also the most physically remote of the large Martian cities, though transhumanity’s advanced transportation technology (suborbital flights and rocket flight from habitats above) make this remoteness a trivial quality.

Elysium and Hyblaeus Chasma together make up a 250-kilometer long canyon system in the shadow of Elysium Mons, a 14-kilometer mountain located about 200 kilometers northeast of the city. In between is the Zephyrus Fossae, an undulating, windswept lava plain. The city was the vision of one person, Zevi Oaxaca-Maartens, an eccentric entertainment magnate who was intrigued by the close proximity of the eminently terraformable Chasma to the unspoiled Hesperian terrain.

The city is only 30 years old but already boasts a population of 9 million transhumans. Elysium is mostly built into the canyon walls of the Chasma, sprawling over a 75-kilometer stretch, all of which has been domed over. Unlike the big domed metroplexes of the south, Elysium takes advantage of the canyon walls, which are close enough together that rather than building free standing domes, the builders have simply built great enclosing arches to completely cover the canyon. These expand northward year by year as the city grows. From low orbit, it looks like a great, glistening serpent.

The Martian city of Elysium is the spiritual successor to old Earth’s Los Angeles and Mumbai as the entertainment capital of the solar system. Glamorous stars and blood-drinking producers coupled with a healthy dose of outrageous (if often vapid) transhuman creativity have made Mars an unrivaled media powerhouse. Elysium may boast more exalt and sylph morphs per capita than any other transhuman city. Image is everything here, and to visitors it may seem as if everyone in this city is either blindingly beautiful or calculatedly ugly. The most successful performers and entertainment tycoons live lives of glittering privilege that would make the richest gerontocrat in New Shanghai mildly envious. Everyone else, from up-and-coming game producers to virtual erotica performers, has to hustle constantly.

Elysium City

The Apple Tree takes a single orbit around the city before making its final approach, landing in a skyport overlooking Central and North Elysium. A sealed jet bridge joins the ship, allowing for unaugmented morphs to enter the skyport terminal without braving the thin, cold Martian air. The bridge, built partially of durable glass, allows for a view out to the surrounding Marsscape, dominated by the slopes of the fourteen-kilometer-high Elysium Mons. Getting through Customs is a quick process, and soon the sentinel team is out in the yawning plaza of the skyport terminal. The terminal itself is awash in AR graphics ranging from advertisements selling the million sins to be found in Elysium to information for new-comers, and muses have to work overtime to clear the AR mist and guide the team to the tram leading into the city-

“Hello there! Excuse me!!”

A synthesized voice calls out to the sentinel, the source trundling up to them in the form of a simple servitor robot painted in the purple-and-gold colors of Skyport Elysium. The servitor comes to a stop, ‘👀’ emojis on its faceplate as it pings every member of the team over the Eye and only saying more once every sentinel has pinged it back. As soon as everyone has, the emoji on its faceplate switches to a ‘😅’ icon.

“I’m terribly sorry for the inconvenience! Executive flyers shouldn’t have to wait for their cargo - please, follow me!”

The Servitor leads the team through the labyrinth that is the concourse, dodging other travellers for a room on the far side of the luggage claim. Within the room is a large storage crate, with locks that undo themselves as the servitor approaches before the lid opens itself. Inside the crate is the gear that would have gotten the team arrested at customs: all of the guns, drugs, and otherwise illicit equipment, packed away into smaller boxes tagged by I-rep profile keys.

“Here you are,” the servitor announces, a ‘😁’ emoji on its faceplate and volume substantially lowered in this out-of-the-way place. “Your luggage without the wait, stored safely in individual containers for your convenience! Please remember to keep all items stored out of sight while in the Skyport and respect local laws, and have a pleasant day!”

With that, the servitor turns and departs without so much as a backwards glance. Rushing Jaws, for his part, reaches in and collects a long box that looks like it could have some kind of instrument in it. He smiles at its heft and finds a comfortable way of carrying it to maintain the illusion before setting it down and opening it to reveal the hardware inside.

“My car should be coming in about now,” Veronica says, voice low. “Anything you don’t want to carry we can throw in the trunk.”

“I’m gonna take you up on that,” Rushing Jaws says, nodding to her as he conceals his SMG and pistol beneath the jacket of his armor clothing and opting to stow the machine gun for now. “Got some smaller kit here I wanna keep, but the bigun’s gonna ride with you for a while.”

“Understood,” Veronica says, keeping watch. No one disturbs the team, and the door closes behind them as the last sentinel leaves. Veronica takes point in leading the team out of the concourse and out to the arrivals curb, where a sleek black and orange flying car awaits, opening its trunk as Veronica approaches.

“Arranged for this in orbit!” Veronica declares with a satisfied smirk. “Two hundred credits a day for comfy and fast transit for four, and a handy place to store your luggage while seeing the sights.”

“You fronting that?”

“I can, although I was hoping to split the fee,” Veronica says.

“I’ll pitch,” Rushing Jaws says. “Does your rental accept mutualist cred?”

“I’m sure they would if you wired it through Pontes,” Veronica says. “Here, trunk’s got room for your luggage.”

“Appreciated,” Rushing Jaws says, storing the ‘guitar’ in the trunk and pushing it as far as it will fit.

Azathothwakes {TacNet}: Kay, we can ping Valentina if we wanna get this meeting over with, we can start soundin’ around for Emilio, or Jakumaar here could call in the invitation to Loopywhatever. We could probably even take a little time to go sightseeing, if we really want - although I for one don’t much care for Martian cities.

Last edited:
"RjJ blease," Vidar teases, having already gona over this before they left. He tosses the indigo briefcase, that folded out into gaudy indigo armor, He doesn't have a great handle on martian gravity and could not fake being a tourist any better as he does it.

Heliotrope{Tacnet}:We wait till velntina pings us and go from there. But If we can get the intel out of Emelio's buddies, then I hate to say it; we wont need Valentina. But that will just mean we have all the cards in our corner and honestly tha0t's were we wanna be on this one.
Heliotrope{Tacnet}: And I'd rather squeeze two wildlin good boys
heliotrope{Tacnet}: But that's just me. If I had to pick a mark. But I don't think we can avoid meeting with Valentina at this point.
heliotrope{Tacnet}: Also I have an errand, so I'd love to stall for a couple hours of free time.
Heliotrope{tacnet}: but uh, lets plan to give Emilio's boys a visit when ever party hours start and wing it on weather that's before or after Valentina threatens to kill us.
Heliotrope{Tacnet}: and if it all goes south we flee the city and hit that site out in the canyons-- Or you know, wake up at home and its not our problem anymore

He had spent most of the ride down asleep or pretending to sleep. He'd had had a long "day" and after everything that had happened he had still needed to trade his vacsuit for heavy body armor with a merc heading back to the scum. And then did some tank time, wishing he had though to pick up the medichines in his first go. Live and learn. He was working hard to keep his priorities straight and not to think too hard about Eppie. Or Jenni. Or anything.

He adjusted the big neon pink windbreaker he had coached his armored smart clothes to emulate, and after several tries to get his arsenal to fit nicely inside its bulk he gives up, and stashes his smg into the trunk, leaving his wasp knife and a pistol on his person. Looking out at the city makes him feel a way- because it looks like any city and if he ignors the gravity he could believe maybe, if squinted he wasn't on mars-

Holly fuck. He was on mars. Absurdly incredibly, actually on mars.

"I never thought I'd get to mars," He says mostly to himself.

Heliotrope{pm to hara}: You're my manager now. When am I meeting Jenni?

hara{pm to Heliotrope} soon. i just gotta do one thing first

“Uh, Eppie?” Devin asked. “Can we talk, real quick?”

Eppie turns from where she stands by RJ, eyebrows raised in surprise, “Uh, okay, yeah, sure! What’s up?”

There are few things in the solar system that Devin hates more than swallowing his pride, but one of them happens to be having Vidar actually, really upset with him. “I wanted to apologize, for earlier. For, uh, threatening to shoot your brother. I wasn’t actually going to do that.”

Eppie smiles, figuring this is not an easy thing for Devin, “Thanks, Devin, I appreciate it. I accept your apology,” She looks away, laughing quietly to herself, “In hindsight, I figured you wouldn’t actually kill my brother in front of me, but next time, please give me some sort of message or signal that we’re bluffing. It would be way better for my heart that way.”

“Yeah, I’m sorry about that too. It would have been much smarter of me.”

“Well, you’re used to people that are constantly down for crimes and now how to think on their feet in the context of crime. It’s not your fault you got stuck with a team full of squares that more or less abide by the law.”

Devin grins. “I wasn’t going to say it.”

“It’s a roast we deserve, and you should say it.”

“I’ve upset everyone enough for one day, thanks.”

Eppie laughs, “Touché.”

Given the glam and prestige of Hyblaeus City, - “Hybleewood,” as it’s widely known - the Hyblaeus City Martial Arts studio seems positively quaint in its utilitarian setup. The building itself is tucked away off the main roads of the neighborhood, almost right into the canyon wall. Unassuming to look at, HCMA does not need to advertise itself, as it is already widely known as the center to train actors in the martial arts. Windows and view-screens display classes being offered inside, with one such class winding down as a flying car pulls up in front of the studio.

“I think this is the place,” Veronica says, glancing out the window. On the displays - even projected in augmented reality above the building - is a bio on the instructor currently hosting a class: J. D. “Quicksilver” Olsen, with a long list of master-level competencies in diverse fighting styles scrolling past a picture of her morph. Surrounding this image are live feeds of the class: Jenni watches with the rest of the class as two students battle it out in full-contact sparring, Jenni observing the battle with an instructor’s cool eye. Finally, the schedule for classes can be seen, with the Norwegian Knife Fighting style up after the current Neo-Krav Maga.

“Hey, look at that, your knife thingy’s up next,” Veronica says to Vidar, nodding up to the holography.

“Sure is. Jesus- this place sure is... something,” He says, “If I change my mind like a kid at a sleep over, you’ll come get me yeah?”

“I think so,” Veronica says. “Assuming I’m not chatting someone up at the nearby bar. I’m sure you’ll be fine.”

“Okay cool. I claim that shit. It’s gonna be fine,” he says getting out of the car. He’s so nervous he could puke.

“You’ll be fine!! She can’t do anything that a medivat can’t patch up,” Veronica says as the door to the car closes behind him, before driving off. Sensing Vidar’s approach, the door to the studio opens, and AR advertisements for beginner classes begin to gather around him. Just beyond a waiting area with two rows of seats looking into the studio is the class itself, just as one of the fighters lands a nasty hook on the other. Jenni calls the fight, and the two immediately stop, one helping the other off the floor. Catching him step into the door, Jenni nods up to Vidar in the midst of collecting her students.

[Perfect timing, I’m just about wrapping this class up! Did you get a chance to watch that last bout??]

[just that last left hook]

[Aw damn, I’d have been interested to get your feedback. Well, I’ll be out in a sec!]

If there’s one thing that can be counted on in a place like this, it’s that time is money: Jenni gets some last minute notes in before letting the class go right on the dot, turning around and walking right to Vidar as a door to the waiting area opens. Her morph wouldn’t look at all out of place in an MMA championship or pit fight, but the color palette of her second skin is bright and fun.

“Vida- Annabelle? Is that what you’re going by these days?”

“No,” He says mischievously, “Still Just Viddy. Look at fucking you though, and all this?” Seeing her swagger in reality like she owns the damn house, cause she does almost kills off the anxiety inside of him.

“Yeah,” Jenni says, beaming; “It’s a little something I’ve been helping out around for the last, oh… seven years? It was real hard, at first, getting my foot in the door, but… I learned from the best. I knew how to impress, and I knew how to take down the competition when it really mattered. I ‘interned’ here for a few years, then they hired me on about four years ago. Been teaching full time since.”

“So, have you and your boyfriend been hiding up on Pontes all this time?”

He was beyond impressed. This was it. This was the actual dream, and the fact that she still wanted it after she’d gotten made him glad, he wasn’t sure if he would.

“Lord no, I’ve had come to bother you sooner if I had. Didn’t take me long to find this joint. I’m simple, I like to google sords everytime I hit a new mesh.”

Jenni gets a good laugh at that. “That sounds about right. Unfortunately I, ah, don’t have your sword. Kept the nickname, but the sword… that was harder to hold on to, what with, um, everything…”

“hope you don’t mind my asking, it’s just you’re the first person from Oslo I’ve seen since, um… how did you make it out of there?”

He raises an eyebrow at the sword mention

“I’m pretty sure I dropped that sword somewhere in old town, so it would be weird if you had it” He says, giving her a look. They had settled that long before the fall happened, not that he ever lived it down. His revenge fight had happened in the studio on the mats after hours, and at that point five would have killed him if he’d more than bruised her not that Jenni would have known. “And I’m not sure, I certainly didn’t make it to the shuttle- everything got real fucked up,” He says making a face. He’s thinking about Rat&Rats’s face when his left arm exploded, like one of those school science experiments with hydrogen peroxide turning into foam but flesh. He doesn’t realize right away he’s got his claws out as he’s wringing his hands, and hides them quick again, thinking about that moment he got separated from Five. “I got reinstated a few years ago- shits been complicated.”

Jenni simply nods, a look on her face as gone as soon as it appears. “They don’t make the first few years easy, I know. It took a lot of effort not to fall in with gangs in New Shanghai. Y’know, funny story - I even came out here to be an actor.”

“Yeah? Well you’ve done real good, kid. I can’t believe you made it legit. On mars. Congrats.”

Jenni’s smile comes back to hear that: “Thanks, Vidar. I know we didn’t meet on, um, ideal circumstances, but I wouldn’t have had a hope in hell of making it without Magni Five. They were real good to me back in the day, ‘taught me the real lessons. These last ten years… I’d have probably folded or fallen in with the gangers if I didn’t have M-Five telling me to ‘follow through’ and ‘make sure the fucker’s dead before turning your back.’ Just…”

The smile fades again.

“I never thought I’d be horrified to see the Disney Towers go down, but...not knowing whether anyone I knew made it out, knowing that place was crawling with TITAN bullshit…”

“It’s just good to see you, Vidar. That’s gotta be weird to hear from the teen that killed you and took your title but...these last ten years have felt like a really bad dream that I can’t wake up from. The studio, being able to teach NKF and see it in XPs… it’s as much as I ever thought I was going to get out of Oslo…”

“Hey,” He says reaching out to her, unsure, “Listen, you were mail ordered from hell to murder me and that means something. You’re never just gonna be some teen. You were fives favorite, and if I played along with the bit too hard I’m sorry. You’ve always been ambitious, you don’t do things fucking half way, and maybe if I didn’t have eight fucking years of lack I would have found you sooner.”

“Eight years of… jesus christ, I had no idea,” Jenni says. “Vera waited that long to dig you out of cold storage?”

“ I- “ He stared at her for a moment, “I mean she’d have to be around for that.”

“Oh… oh jesus, Vidar, I… I didn’t realize she didn’t…” Jenni starts to say, unable to bring herself to finish the thought. “Well, I’m glad someone gave you another chance, at least. There’s so many people still waiting, billions still locked up, waiting for their chance…”

“Look, this has gotten way heavier than I meant it to. I’ve got about eleven minutes before the next class starts-” She cuts herself off to glance back at the studio, and sure enough the next group is starting to gather around, stretching out and bantering among themselves “-if you want to come in? I can show you around, and if you’re feeling up to it you could even sit in on this next class? I’m teaching NKF to a bunch of actors, it ought to be at least good for a laugh.”

“Okay- but- will you shut up and hug me?”

For a second, Jenni’s eyes go wide - stunned by the request. Her smile is big, her surprised laughter genuine, her “oh my god, yes” trailing off of it as she wraps her (strong) arms around his ghost and holds him tight, like he could blow away on a breeze that isn’t there. For someone who outwardly has it together, Jenni makes it a long hug before finally letting go - the faintest hint of tears in her eyes that she rubs away on her arm.

“If you fucking cry, I’m going to cry and then I have to kill you,” He complains in much the same situation, “Just promise to take care of yourself?”

Jenni laughs some more before she can form her response. “I promise. I’ve- made a life around here. It’s non-stop - I had to get circadian mods installed to keep up with this fucking city - but I’ve got a good place to live and a good gig going doing what I’m good at above board. That’s better than what a lot of people can say.”

“True- but don’t let them work you too hard. Cause you’re fucking quciksilver,” He says poking her in the sternum, “and no one tells you what to do but you. If you keep the name you have to keep the motto.”

“Fuckin’- damn right I’m quicksilver,” Jenni says. “It’s one-on-ones in the mornings, classes in the afternoons, office admin in the evenings, networking parties or events late at night, sleep - hence the mods - and then back at it in the morning. Believe it or not, I’ve had worse schedules than that. This is the best I’ve got right now after years of hustling, trying to make things happen, find a niche for myself. I’m just a kid from Oslo, making my dreams come true one Oslo Guillotine at a time.”

“How the fuck do you stage a Guillotine?” He asks incredulously.

“~Hybleewood magic, baybee~” Jenni replies, making the biggest jazz hands she can and affecting a griffin mcelroy rasp: “The ol’ razzle dazzle, there's-no-business-like-show-business, a-magician-never-reveals-her-tricks!!”

He laughs, “Oh, I see. I understand completly now. Thankyou,” He pauses, glad that Jenni’s still got that presence, showbusiness suits her, if he couldn’t also tell she was wound up enough to pop. But that’s how hypercorp makes everyone. “ Listen-” he says, “You um, wont be surprised if I tell you I don’t have any non disreputable rep right- I wanna leave you my number.”

“‘My number-’ Yep, that’s Vidar alright,” Jenni teases with a big ol grin. “As long as you don’t have any Barsoomian Propaganda in your NKF demos, you can send ‘em to my address at the studio and I’ll respond when I can. What, uh, neighborhood are you in these days?”

“Jovian trojans- I was today years old when I learned what a Barsoomian is.”

“Oh, you’d get along great. Careful though - cops around here get real twitchy if they hear about their favorite scapegoats. If you’re out in the Trojans, I’ll be sure to route my responses to you through Pontes, just to be safe.”

Jenni opens her arms again; “I’ve gotta be getting ready for my next class - one for the road?”

“Don’t tell anyone I’ve gone soft,” He says, standing on tiptoe to get one last hug.

Jenni’s hug is as tight and long as she can get away with - precious minutes remaining to her. “It was so good to see you, Quicksilver. You take care of yourself out there, yeah?”

He smiles, “I will. Trouble has to catch me first. And, try and be happy too- not just successful okay?”

“You kidding? I get to choke-slam would-be XP stars with all of the attitude and none of the chops - this is the fucking life.”

“Good. Fucking incredible,” He says, “-Also your late.” he points at the class behind her.

“Oh fuck me-” She says, giving him one last squeeze before turning and trotting back into the studio, rolling right into the next class like it’s second nature.

He watches her start the next class long enough to be sure, that yeah, she does know exactly what she’s doing and she’s finally learned to tuck her elbows. He shoves his hands in his pockets and hits the streets.

That just happened and it feels less real now that its over.

heliotrope{Pm to hara}: Yo. She did not murder me.

Last edited:
heliotrope{Pm to hara}: Yo. She did not murder me.

hara{pm to heliotrope}: that’s good. i’d have been awful at avenging ur death

Heliotrope: :/

Heliotrope: She’s all legit and stuff?

hara: mars does that to people. it’s awful

Heliotrope: I mean. Its. fine.

hara: is it really?

Heliotrope: If I can decide I want to live a quiet life I can’t like. Be shitty for her wanting the same thing. She has a nice gig. She’s putting NFK in Movies?!

hara: she could be having a quiet life on locus free from capitalism.

hara: but i see your point, i suppose

Heliotrope: I can’t believe she’s alive?

Heliotrope: I’m just. Mad. I’m so fucking mad devin.

hara: mad that she’s alive?

Heliotrope: No! I mean that she was all alone. Like. Fuck dude. I’ve got 8 years of lack and I show up late to mars with a ghost morph and a starbucks and just- what good is it even?

hara: first of all, it’s not your fault that there was a line at starbucks

hara: second of all, you’re her fucking dad-thing. the fact that you’re still alive is probably as much of a god damned miracle to her as it is for you. so you’re late. so what. that means you’ve got time starting now

hara: after the hot nonsense we have to pull here, of course

Heliotrope: I guess.

Heliotrope: I mean. She’s doing just fine with out a dead async not-dad so far.

hara: just because she’s doing alright without you doesn’t mean her life wouldn’t be improved with you.

hara: you’re a fucking delight my dude

Heliotrope: I can’t believe you have an entire emotional intelligence to slap me with. Thank you.

hara: i do my best

hara: my best isn’t very good

hara: but here we are

Heliotrope: Man, this is why I regret breaking up with you some times.

hara: well, that’s your own fault

Heliotrope: oh that’s why. ^

hara: :<

Heliotrope: Jokes aside. She told me to send her my NKF demo, so I guess I’ll do that when we’re done.

hara: i can’t believe you think toying with my emotions is a joke

hara: weird flex but okay

hara: are you going to send her the one where the gorilla uplift flings you into a wall?

Heliotrope: Weird flex???? ??? ? ?

Heliotrope: No. Fuck. I’ll send her the good one.

hara: ignore me, i found the only 7-11 still in existence and I’m drinking a slurpee bigger than my head and my bloodstream is nothing but sugar rn

hara: pls

Heliotrope: I-

Helitrope: you’re telling me. We’re on mars. And you’re in a 7-11. And it’s the last and only 7-11.

Heliotrope: I need to sit the fuck down.

Heliotrope: Cortical stacks were a mistake.

Helitrope: Tha’ts just a sentence I wish wasn’t true. Devin. Why is there a 7-11 on mars. Why.

hara: ~*nostalgia*~

Heliotrope: hrrnnnnnnnggggggggg hate that

hara: it’s not a /real/ 7-11

hara: they gave it a vaporwave aesthetic? for some reason?

Heliotrope: cause thats what they were like in the 30s!!! Fuck. Fuck.

hara: but the slurpee is bigger than my head

Heliotrope: Your head isn’t very big tho. So like ://

hara: RUDE

hara: so i guess you don’t want these gummy worms that i got for you???

Heliotrope: Bitch I will kill you with my mind if you don’t follow through with that.

hara: why would i give anyone who says such mean things presents tho??

Heliotrope: Devin. You’re very small. Your vacsuit helmet is child sized. You’re head is objectively small. And like, if I have to force you out of self enforced stupidity on one subject, this is the hill I die on. You’re morph has a tiny head. Are all Thesus morphs like that?????

Heliotrope: Like

Heliotrope: Dude.

hara: it’s polite not to mention it

hara: motherfucker

Heliotrope: ; 3 c

hara: i give up. your gummy worms are tainted with unkindness

Heliotrope: Yo- hold the fuck up I forgot to ask her where the fuck to get a sword in this town. Oh I’m so dumb!!!

hara: buy a katana at the mall like the rest of us

Heliotrope: hey.

Heliotrope: .....

Heliotrope: ,,,

Heliotrope: fuck you.

hara: (: (: (:

Heliotrope: <3

Heliotrope: Penny is showing me arows so I assume you’ve ceaded the location to the cursed slurpee outlet.

hara: everything is pink, purple, and silver and they’re playing lo-fi hip-hop

hara: brace yourself

Heliotrope: My entire childhood is rushing back.

Heliotrope: They didn’t last long in europe but they came back when disney did but they wernt as stupid

hara: i was never actually allowed into a 7-11 as a child?

hara: they were for poor people and we couldn’t have that

hara: no mingling with the commoners!!!

Heliotrope: Listen My mother yearned for american snacks and she lost her mind with this thing opened up and like. yeah.

hara: she was the wisest woman in Oslo

hara: i fucking love twinkies

Heliotrope: Shit. get it boi.

Heliotrope: Don’t tell anyone I’m half american.

Heliotrope: In bound.

Devin’s slurpee was not only bigger than his head, it was bigger than most of his torso, and he had it curled in one arm against his chest in order to hold it while also eating a twinkie the size of a hot dog. The slurpee was aggressively blue.

“Supposedly these are authentic American extra-larges,” he informed Vidar.

“No-no-are they?” He says in horror.

“I think they may have exaggerated, but I am not complaining.”

“Wow,” vidar said in the owen wilson style. It really was the same terrible vapor wave aesthetic he remembered from the european stores as a kid. “This is terrible. I’m in love.”

“It’s dreamy. Hold my slurpee. Your gummy worms are in my pocket.” He pushed the slurpee into Vidar’s hands and dug around in his coat for a massive bag of sour gummies.

“Oh,” Said Vidar, since the slurpee was also as big as he was, because he was also not very big at the moment. “Gimmie. Bitch.” He made grabby hands around the slurpee, but his reach was effectively nerfed.

Devin cackles and very carefully slid the slurpee out of Vidar’s hands while replacing it with the gummies. “Ta-da!”

He cracks them open with an undignified noise of excitement.

“Take your eight hundred year old anime cat girl ex-boyfriend to the 7-11. Feed him gummy worms. Romance,” Devin said.

“I’m a cheap date,” He said happily, “and I would never cat ears. Devin are you old to remember the cat ear epidemics?”

Again cradling the slurpee to his chest like a child, Devin said, “I’m twenty-seven, so no.”

Vidar face dropped to one of sudden horror; “You’re dick’s been in my mouth. I’m going to jail.”

Devin gestured at him with what was left of the twinkie in confusion. “Just because I didn’t personally witness the fall of the Roman Empire does not mean I’m an infant. Please.”

“You were asigned bastard at birth but you’re a goddamn baby. God, have all your teeth come in yet? Hows highschool coming???”

“I’m going to take this twinkie and shove it up your ass,” Devin said.

“Oh?” He said. And then offering him the package of nostalgia branded snacks “Worm?”

Last edited:
Elysium City
The Old Chinese Theatre
(Collab Post with CelticSol CelticSol )

“This is the place,” Rushing Jaws says to Eppie as he walks her in through the huge doors to the Chinese Theatre, a brick-for-brick reconstruction of the movie theatre that once shared its name on Earth. It has been over five years for Rushing Jaws since his last visit to the TCL, and in that time it seems the movie palace has become even more palatial. The reds are regal, the golds are gaudy, the velvets vivacious, the staff pointedly attentive, and the prices bordering on outrageous; such seems to be the way of things for one of the only theatres on Mars that specializes in 2-D movies from the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. The price of admission, thankfully, covers all amenities, and tickets to whatever happened to be playing, and Rushing Jaws hopes that Eppie will appreciate his selection.

“So, doe,” Rushing Jaws starts, “You ever see the ol’ film The Shape of Water?

Eppie has seen the Chinese Theatre of another planet, through another pair of eyes, and to see this here, on the Red Planet, rather than through the XP recordings from her mother on Hollywood Boulevard before the Fall is the most uncanny feeling she’s had in a while. She peers up at the towering building, hand loosely holding RJ’s so as to not get lost in the crowd - to feel the grounding strength of his presence to keep her present in the moment.

She looks up at him when he speaks, and her eyes go wide at his words, “I have! It’s one of my favourites from before the Fall, actually.”

“Oh fuck yeah!! Well I got good news - they’re playing it here! This is one of the few places that’s actually worth a damn, so long as you don’t mind how expensive the tickets are,” Rushing Jaws explains, showing her around the disgustingly opulent lobby where well-dressed and beautiful people mill about, play arcade games, order snacks, or check in for the movie.

“I booked us some seats, n’ our matinee is timed so that we didn’t have to compete with too many folks. They got it set up just like an old-world cinema, so we can grab some popcorn or snacks n things and then head on in when you’re ready.”

Eppie’s eyebrows shoot into her hairline as RJ presents to her the truth of their escapade to the replica building of the Chinese Theatre, looking to the building with new eyes. Her eyes flicker back to RJ, her pink cheeks darkening into a light lavender as he pulls her by the hand into the theatre, “RJ, this must’ve cost you a lot of money… You didn’t have to do something like that for me.”

“I’ll make it back pretty easy, doe, don’t you worry,” Rushing Jaws says, beaming to see her reaction and even giving her hand a little squeeze. “I thought it’d be a good way to ease up some of the pre-action jitters, n’ also just have a nice time. Movies ain’t my usual thing but I remembered this one from watchin it as a pup, so I couldn’t pass up the chance.”

“Oh, jeez…” Eppie says, looking around at the theatre instead of RJ to keep herself from going misty eyed. She squeezes tighter to his side, pulling his arm over her shoulders. No wanting to go too soft on this lovely orca who is doing his best to cheer her up, Eppie switches the subject as she leans her head into his shoulder, “Is there anything here that you like for snacks? If you bought the tickets, the least I can do is foot the bill for snacks.”

“Well let's see here… these folks like to do the ‘classic cineplex’ deal where they serve popcorn and other snacks, and the only other time I been here I found they serve a mean thing of popcorn, so as much as we could stomach would be a good start. We could get a pop too or somethin’ and then some sweets to round it out?”

“Sounds like a delicious plan to me!” Eppie says with a grin, pulling RJ along to the concession stand, “I’ll order, you grab the snacks? I’ll eat just about any candy, so I’m not picky at all.”

“You got it!!”

If there’s one thing to be said for the glossy hypercapitalism of the inner system, it’s that efficiency of customer service has been honed to a monofilament edge: ordering and acquiring sweets takes a minute tops, and AR directionals guide the pair to the theatre where their movie is set to play. It is every bit as opulent as its old Earth counterpart, and even in the afternoon features a strong attendance of Elysian moviegoers.

“Hey Eppie, I’m not a frequent moviegoer so like, where d’you reckon a good place to sit in here is?”

She scours the theatre’s empty seats, pursing her lips as she tries to judge the Optimum Spot for them to sit. She spots a pair of seats without anyone else near by in the center, a handful of rows from the very back of the theatre, and points them out RJ with a smirk, “My PhD says those ones are the best seats available in the house.”

With a hearty chuckle, Rushing Jaws teases: “Well now, no need to go throwing your credentials around, doc.”

He follows her lead up to the seats, and hands off what needs handing off to make sure settling in can happen with the least amount of struggle. Soon enough, popcorn is monched as the last few minutes tick down before the movie starts.

“So Eppie, how many times ‘you been to a real movie theatre?”

“Define, ‘real movie theatre’?”

Rushing Jaws gestures vaguely out to the house; “I mean like, get your concessions, sit down, watch an honest-to-ancestors 2-D movie on a ‘silver screen.’ Places like this are so fuckin niche these days, what with XP n’ all. Only way the docs got us to watch ol’ films was with the promise of treats at first, n’ even then we would swim around all the time. Sittin’ n’ watchin’ a movie is just. Quaint. So like, ‘real movie theatre’ in this context.”

Eppie considers that a moment, then says, “Well, on Novogo Edema, we’d have informal movie nights in the cargo bay. Set up a projector we fabricated and play old movies our parents grew up with on a white sheet. Get set with snacks and everything. It was a big affair. But the first real movie theatre set up I ever experienced was on Europa. They’ve got a few setups, some tailored for sapes, some tailored for uplifts, some for both. Most of my friends were uplifts, so I frequented a lot of the uplift oriented theatres under the ice and in the ocean.”

“Oh no kidding!! They got some uplift-oriented theatres on Ceres too! How’d you put up with everyone swimmin’ around and listening to the movie?”

“Wearing an aquanaut morph - just picture the pinkest fuckin’ mermaid you’ve ever seen - made that way easier to deal with, since I was just swimming along with them, and if I got tired trying to keep up, they’d let me rest on their backs or whatever. We made it work.”

“Oh word! Still though, I can imagine it was a real trip the first time. Like ‘why aren’t these whales watchin’ the fuckin movie’ when the answer is that we’re so much more auditory-oriented than we are visually-oriented. Considering sape culture’s pretty fuckin visual, that must’ve been a lot.”

Eppie shrugs, “A bit, I guess? But I went in with a lot of experience with uplifts, actually. I worked at an uplift rehabilitation center and nursery for a long time, all the way up until I left Europa to go to TAU. It wasn’t anything I hadn’t already dealt with before. Besides-” Eppie smiles, nudging him, “-most of the movies they’d play were musicals, and it’s so much better being able to sing along, especially when you know the song.”

Rushing Jaws chuckles some more, nudging back gently. “Yeah true, I remember you mentioning that! Yeah, musicals and the like tend to get play in neo-cet circles - one guess as to why that might be.”

Eppie replies dryly, sarcasm in every word, “The costumes, probably. Nothing sparks neo-cet excitement quite like the ridiculous fashions sapes think up, especially in some of the classic movies.”

“You fuckin-” He can’t even finish the thought due to the full-power belly laughter, nudging her back some more. He only tries to get a handle on it when he catches sight of glaring faces looking at him for filling the theatre with his noise, but even then it takes her a moment. “Fuck, doe, when you’re right you’re right-”

She snickers, her cackling not quite carrying in the same way, but she pays no mind to the sharp looks sent their way. She leans in close to RJ to speak low into his ear, “You’d think it’s illegal to laugh here, considering how these people are all glaring and clutching their pearls.”

“~Mmmmhaven’t you heard~?” Rushing Jaws whispers back, in the best posh accent he can muster. “~This is a place where the great artists of yesteryear are reverenced. This is a temple to the greateness of pre-Fall Arts, and is not for rapscallions to besmirch with their fun.~”

Eppie snorts audibly before dissolving into giggles, which only earns them more glares, especially when the lights dim and the screen shifts to accommodate the size of the movie’s frame. She swats his arm, although she is laughing considerably louder than he, “Sh, sh, sh, the movie is starting!”

“Okay okay-” He says, as though the opening theme to The Shape of Water wouldn’t shut him up almost right away. Watching even the title sequence, listening to the voiceover and the soundtrack takes him back to the first movie night he can remember, seemingly lifetimes ago, in a tank at a facility on Luna. It was the first Granny-approved movie they’d been allowed to watch; not the first, thanks to their milcorp trainers’ penchant for gathering the pod around for horror movies, but when it was understood that the cat was out of the bag they decided to at least curate a selection of movies for the Maelstrom pod. Sure enough, the musicals were popular, and the horror films were still thrilling for a pod of young killer whales, but The Shape of Water resonated with the young neo-orca in a way that no movie yet had, even if he was just a little too young and inexperienced to fully grasp it. It was a movie he revisited throughout his youth - one that came to resonate much more strongly in the wake of his fraught forays into romance. In a motion as natural as breathing, he puts an arm around Eppie, and his omnipresent humming harmonizes with the sounds of the movie, not entirely successful in modulating his volume as the movie plays.

Eppie leans into his arms, the deep hum of his song rumbling deep in his chest is so soothing her eyelids might be prompted to close if the song ran for too long. Eppie raises the divider between their seats, scooting closer and pulling her feet underneath her as she snuggles under RJ’s arm. It’s a movie Eppie has seen a handful of times, since it is a favourite of her mother’s, but has heard Angie’s recounting of the first time her mother had seen the film - watching it during a premiere party and getting to meet the cast and crew of the film, courtesy of her father throwing his influence around to get her tickets and VIP access.

Eppie stretches up to RJ’s ear, “It’s been forever since I’ve been able to watch a movie like this. Thank you.”

“Hell yeah doe,” Rushing Jaws replies, at what he thinks is a whisper; “Things seemed kinda tense so I wanted to do somethin’ nice before we gotta get to work.”

Rushing Jaws knows his whisper was not in fact a whisper when he registers several irate glares thrown his direction, returning his attention to the movie as quick as he can to feign innocence.

[We oughta switch to text if we wanna keep talkin 😅]

Eppie follows RJ’s line of sight to the frowning faces viewing them. Eppie does purse her lips, forced to acknowledge that, yes, RJ’s voice does in fact carry very easily, and might not have the volume control to be inaudible throughout the movie for the, to be able to talk out loud without disturbing the other patrons. Eppie is about to switch to text, but she is struck with a better idea as her hand bumps RJ.

Eppie holds her hand out to him, “I have a better idea. Do you trust me?”

Rushing Jaws glances at her hand, and takes it after a second’s hesitation. “Uh, yeah?”

Eppie shuts her eyes a moment, the hum of the Star soft and almost comforting in the darkness of the theatre. The song carries gently through her mind and her body, warming her hand, where RJ’s hand grasps her gently. She covers his hand with her other hand to maintain a strong connection, and she opens her eyes as she begins to hear soft, whispering thoughts, carrying sound into Eppie’s mind in the same rhythmic pattern as an ocean’s waves.

She smiles as she squeezes his hand gently between hers, then whispers quietly out loud, “Try not to freak out, okay?” before she breathes out, and, forcing a single thought to the front of her mind, Hey, RJ.

The sensation of a mindlink for Rushing Jaws begins with an awareness of Eppie’s hand in his own that extends beyond what he should be feeling, and what seems more like what she should be feeling. There is a reflex, an instinct to pull away from the sensation for fear of what is happening to him - but Rushing Jaws said he trusts Eppie, and that’s what he’s gonna fuckin do. The sensation of awareness extends out to the rest of Eppie, while at the same time a...tone? A drone? Some kind of song, like a rumbling bellow of a humpback but somehow deeper and warped plays in his mind, never becoming so loud as to overwhelm his senses and settling into background noise before a thought enters his own mind from a place outside of it.

Hola, RJ.

The thought isn’t intrusive exactly, but Rushing Jaws has no better way to describe the sensation of words - in Eppie’s voice, thankfully - appearing in his mind, despite feeling as natural as his own. Leaping into memory is the fact that Eppie is an async, and putting two and two together happens quickly. He is about to ask her out loud, but - opting to test this strange new link, forms a thought in his mind.

哇... 这是什么?

Wa, zhè shì shénme
?

His words, warm but wrought with expected confusion, enters Eppie’s mind with smooth force of a wave, and she smiles, though her smile morphs into a bit of confusion as his words come to her mind in a rush of Mandarin, rather than Spanish or Russian. She blinks, remembers that not only does she not have a translator to filter thoughts from one mind to another, but RJ definitely wouldn’t be able to speak Spanish.

Eppie then closes her eyes a moment, and remembers his words: Woah, what is this?

She snickers a bit at her own expense, her mind flickering with, ¡Oh, si, verdad-!, before she forces her mind to switch her language focus to Mandarin. The song of the Star grows a bit louder at the effort, but she is able to ignore it within a handful of moments, I forgot you spoke Mandarin, that’s on me. I know how weird this must be for you, but you’ve gotta admit… It’s kind of handy, huh?

Rushing Jaws only looks at her for a few seconds, the movie gone from his mind as his own confusion becomes understanding, which in turn gives way to something like awe.

Yo!!! This- this is incredible?? Like this is a fucking trip but like, yeah!! Real fuckin handy!! Is this a, uh...

The stream of thoughts gives way to an image of swirling blues and purples meant to convey ‘psi’ as filtered through the lens of pop culture XPs and sim games.

Eppie nods with a small smile, Yeah. But, don’t have to worry about anyone overhearing or hacking or anything like that. Just us in here.

Well that’s fucking kickass!! Shit!! Damn!!

Rushing Jaws’ excitement about this results in his words giving way to neo-cetacean screeching expressing the same, because <this is the coolest fucking thing holy shit.>

Shit, wow, damn, okay, I hope you’re ready for Rushing Jaws’ Shape of Water Sing-Along for like, the whole fuckin movie.

Oh, I’m fucking counting on it. I didn’t think the sing-along over text would have quite the same effect.

Aloud, Rushing Jaws laughs, and internally, his laughter is that of a neo-orca, giving Eppie an affectionate squeeze and settling in to watch the movie. His grip on her hand is firm without being hard, and Eppie gets to enjoy a stream of consciousness that mingles shots from the movie, his own internal song rising to harmonize with it, and snapshots of memories from his youth - both as a pup watching this movie and as a young neo-orca. More than once, his awareness returns to Eppie in his arms, and his thoughts become particularly warm and soft, seeming to forget that his own mind now has a link to it.

As much as Eppie enjoys the movie, she finds far more enrapturing entertainment out of listening to the stream of input from RJ’s thoughts. It is not like sharing a mind with a human - his thoughts come in rises and falls and flow almost musically together. It is less visual memories, and more memories of a song, or someone’s voice, with some images of what she assumes to be memories of pod-mates.

And, oddly enough, enough times she hears her own voice. She hears bits of the kulning song she sang to RJ on their first meeting, tunes of her humming that he must’ve overheard, her voice singing along with his… But there is a softness to his thoughts she can feel that isn’t quite sure what to make of, but, for now, she leaves any questions at the side in order to simply enjoy his company.

It is in one such moment where Rushing Jaws is humming Eppie’s kulning that he realizes that Eppie’s mind is on the same moment as his - and remembers that their minds are linked together. Not only has Eppie been curled up against his side the whole time, but she’s had a window into his own mind this entire time. A flush is kindled on his back, and while Rushing Jaws shifts around in his seat some, he is careful not to break the bond between them, unsure of how frail it is. His self consciousness becomes her consciousness, then his again, and on and on in a feedback loop that amplifies his fluster, until, in a moment of critical forgetfulness-

MĀZ

... RJ, you… you do know I can hear all this, right? You good?

The one saving grace to how loud Rushing Jaws’ yelp is that it is timed to a moment of shock in the movie, and so he is not the only one in the theatre to react so. He gives Eppie a bashful look and a squeeze of his hand, hyperaware of himself and how much of that Eppie got the inside line on.

Yeah I’m good!! I’m good. The… connection thingy is new for me and, uh, this is a lot for a neo-orca to get used to.

Rushing Jaws’ muse, Māzǔpó, takes this opportunity to PM Eppie herself: [He’s a real smooth operator, huh?]

Eppie just about jumps out of her skin at RJ’s yelp, bewildered eyes turning to him in surprise. She blinks a few times, giving herself a moment for her heart to start beating again, before she pushes a thought forward, If you say so, dude.

She receives a small message from… not RJ, but his muse, it seems. Eppie conceals her smile, before she answers: [It’s a good thing he’s cute.]

It’s a good thing he’s cute is not a message meant for him, but he hears it all the same. It isn't what he expects to hear at all, and because of this it touches a place deep in a big heart that just needed the chance to prove itself. The movie carries on, and while Eppie’s concern comes through loud and clear over the mindlink, the affection is what Rushing Jaws chooses to concentrate on. His own thoughts settle, and he settles both back into his seat and his self, adjusting his arms to be comforting to Eppie and himself, and finding a peculiar sort of peace.

Sorry about all that- that, uh, that was a lot just now huh?

Despite the feelings of concern over the various signs RJ might be nervous or uncomfortable she is sure RJ feels, the link between them remains steady with warmth and affection, and Eppie relaxes, comforted to know that he is not made uncomfortable by her or her sleights. His thoughts settle from embarrassed panic to a steady thrum of contentedness, and Eppie pats his hand gently as she leans her cheek against his shoulder.

It wasn’t a lot. Everybody has emotions, and you shouldn’t feel bad about having strong feelings. Feelings are good and natural.

Rushing Jaws laughs, only a little nervously, and feels a new wave of relief wash over him. The feeling of Eppie under his arm is a remarkably natural one despite his usual opinions about sape arms; he nuzzles the top of her head gently, because that feels like the right thing to do, and soon enough his humming is in sync with the movie again.

If only more sapes felt that way. Glad you do, lil pink.

Eppie leans into his snuggle with a small smile, feeling the rumble of his voice in sync with the movie’s music against her cheek. It takes only a moment to consider how she count return the gesture, but in her own culture’s body language. It takes a bit of wiggling that she tries to accomplish as subtly as she can, then presses her lips to the edge of RJ’s jaw.

Thank you for bringing me to this, RJ, it was very sweet of you to think of me. I feel way better now.

Rushing Jaws has not been kissed in a long time; the feeling of it on his face sends him tingling, his hand squeezing hers in response, while internally he cries out with a neo-orca joy, hoping Eppie wouldn't be deafened by the expression. He looks at her for a moment with an expression of touched surprise, and then - thinking on his fins - pulls her close and holds her tight, smiling broad and nuzzling her a little more confidently.

<Anytime, baby doe. Anytime.>

Elysium City
Lupercalia

Night has fallen on Elysium City, and the wolves are out to play. Beautiful people walk the streets lit in brilliant colors and wearing fashions that range from the stunning to the outrageous. The row of nightclubs along the orange tree-lined parkway of The Drag are at their busiest, with long lines of hopefuls looking to mix and mingle with the brightest stars of the Elysian glitterati. For those out on the streets, the assault of AR graphics, chat requests from hustlers, designer pheromones, visual sex memes, and the staggering cavalcade of transhuman awfulness and loveliness is unrelenting.

Among the nightclubs of the Drag, Lupercalia stands out for its fusion of classical roman and new-imperial chinese architecture, enticing visitors with AR advertisements show toga-clad lovers running off into forests, giggling and pawing at each other suggestively. Adorning the club’s entrance is pack of five lupine statues stands watch over and around the gold and red doors. The music from within the nightclub thump-thump-thumps audibly from the street, playing Martian club music engineered to get the blood pumping. Lupercalia keeps three lines, one for general admission, one for invitees, and one for VIP visitors: the first line extends the furthest, while the second has a handful of guests in line and the VIP line is clear for any stars who may arrive.

Veronica has Mach pull the car up to the side of the street by the entrance to Lupercalia before relinquishing control to the car’s pilot AI. She takes one last opportunity to inspect her elegant makeup and clubbing outfit before stepping out into the car, instructing it to proceed to the nearest flying car hangar on her order, opting to leave it for a moment in case anyone needs to store anything. She catches sight of Eppie and Rushing Jaws arriving at the club and waves them over, uniting the sentinels by the flying car. She pops the trunk in case anyone needs to stow or retrieve anything as she checks to confirm her invitations into the club.

Mekhajakumaar {TacNet}: [Last call for gear pickup or storage before I send this thing to a hangar. Lupercalia doesn’t allow weapons inside and they will check, so prepare accordingly.]

Azathothwakes {TacNet}: [i’ll take you up on that, lemme step in the car real quick]

Rushing Jaws has the smart fabric of his armor clothing set to wear a long coat over his club outfit - a little black dress designed to show off his Fury’s musculature, adorned with neo-cetacean motifs in white spirals and curves. Stepping into the flying car, he is careful to set down his submachine gun and pistol out of sight of any of the cameras, placing them under the passenger’s seat. He too inspects his hair and makeup one last time - Eppie having done an impressive job making sure his eyeliner is sharp - before glancing at the club itself.

You reckon there’s gonna be trouble in there?
[Are you asking me for an actual opinion or do you want me to justify what it is you’re about to do?]
Listen, Māz, we’re going into a spot without arms, and we don’t know what’s waiting for us in there. I want to be ready.
[You’ve been clean for a week, RJ!!]
What happens if we get in there and it turns out it’s an ambush or something?? The last time I dosed, I was able to fight off a whole squad of goons and get everyone out of the AO alive.
[You also needed tank time for days, RJ. What happens if you get killed in there this time because you thought you were invincible??]
I’m gonna play it safer this time, Māz. It aint gonna be like last time, where it was just us and the bad guys, it’s a club full’a civilians. Can’t get wild in there like we did on the Annora Arabella, but I gotta be able to neutralize whatever surprises are in there.

“Everything okay, RJ?” Eppie asks, “We should get going before the bouncer has to talk to any more brats. They’ll be less inclined to listening to me if they’re annoyed.”

“Rog’, gimmie a sec,” Rushing Jaws says, pill in his fist.

[Be careful, RJ.]
Wilco.

Rushing Jaws pops the pill in his mouth in a well-practiced motion, swallowing the bitter-tasting tablet with ease. He has twenty minutes before it kicks in - hopefully things don’t pop off before then. Hell, while we’re dreaming, maybe this can just be a fun night. He sends some quick instructions to his armor clothing to do away with the jacket and augment his dress before stepping out of the car and back into the street.

“Five by,” Rushing Jaws says with a soft smile.

Mekhajakumaar {TacNet}: [I can get two of us along with myself in there, which still leaves three of us out here. Getting six people to fit on an invitation list for three ought to be interesting.]

Last edited:
Euphemia ‘Eppie’ Cross

It was rare for Eppie and her old gatecrashing crew to wander so deep into the inner systems - when they did, it was simply because the swarm they inhabited had circled into the area. The inner system was - and still is - fraught with a lot more violent crime than the swarms, but it is the wolves that roam, using money to hide their sins from prying eyes, that had worried Eppie most.To know that a hyperelite could plausibly throw enough money at police and get away with disappearances, violence, and fraud was distressing enough to keep her away from th system, even though it housed her own brother.

This visit is different. She is different. As much as it’s destroyed her life, Watts-McLeod has granted Eppie a boldness that she’s not sure she had before. Though she knows the likeliness of this going sideways is way higher than any of them will admit, she doesn’t feel as wary as she should. There is a voice that whispers sweetly in her mind that she will be protected when the time comes, and though rationality demand she reject the voice, she cannot help that it calms her nerves into total relaxation.

Beyond that, she is tucked securely under RJ’s arm, who, just on the basis of sleeving a fury, is likely capable of packing a fuck of a punch, and that is without taking his special-ops training. They spend their walk to Lupercalia trading stories under the safety-net of their mind-link. She can feel his nerves, but she can’t bring herself to be nervous as they walk in external silence. Internally, he sings her songs of the Fall, of Ceres, and even songs he said were passed to him by his ancestors. It is likely to calm himself, but she finds herself loose, relaxed, and almost eager as they spot the rest of the crew piling out of a car.

Eppie waves, smiling brightly, “Guys, hey!” As she and RJ approach, their mental connection breaks as RJ splits to deposit his weapons into the car, but Eppie approaches the other sentinels with a huge grin, “Looking snazzy, everybody!”

Eppie herself is dressed simply but effectively; her dress is short, covered in small, sequin-like panels that shimmer and shine in the neon lights of the club signs. Her body is covered in pink glitter, and the rest of her makeup is as pink and sparkly as the rest of her ensemble. She is only slightly taller, given the knee-length, pink go-go boots she wears.

She listens to Veronica’s words carefully, then looks over Veronica’s shoulder at the bouncer. A quick scan of his profiles gives her the info she needs, and she smiles, “Well, I think I can talk everyone else into the club. So, it depends; who wants to go in the easy way, and who wants to go in the risky way?”

Last edited:
Vidar “googled” the club and despaired. It was just the kind of place he was intimately familiar with and which he was critically ill prepared to visit on a spiritual, emotional, and fashionable level.

“How mad would you be, if I just wore this?” He asked Devin, gesturing at all of himself- hot pink windbreaker, white crop top and baggy pants

“I won’t be mad, just disappointed,” Devin said seriously.

Penny presented him with her suggestions from pontes and vidar sighs.

[okay so none of those, got it.]
I want to look like I can kill a man.
[got it]
And I want to look harmless as shit.
[Oh I see. I understand completely boss. You make things real easy.]
You see my dilemma.
[Talk colors to me- neon, goth, cowboy?]
Cowboys are a color?
[for you, it can be.]
Okay. I pick softe.

“Hypercorp fashion is always awful though, so like. Do what you want,” Devin said, as his smart clothes changed into a suit that wouldn’t have been out of place in the Regency era, except for the fact that the tail coat was covered in turquoise sequins.

“Yo- did you get that outfit while searching for spices in the new world, or fucking what?”

“Fuck you, I’m Napoleon,” Devin said.

“Having grown up in the bronze age and met napoleon myself I can assure you, that this is more of a willy wonka. I love it.”

“If I get the candy factory I’m good with that.” Devin adjusted the set of his bicorn hat, complete with fluffy feathers.

Vidar laughed. Penny presents him with two sneaker options and he picks the ones the straps.
[this one- or this?]
Oh just surprise me
[: / ]
I believe in you.
[if you don’t like it, you’re stuck with it.]
I accept.

Vidars current outfit, a frumpy mall rat look plucked out of 2040 featured a neon pink windbreaker bigger than he was, and while not as horrid as he choice of vacsuit designs was still a particularly vidar themed fashion disaster. So when the whole ensemble rippled into a pastel goth neo-harajuku look complete with reboks with the straps its not just an improvement but a pleasant surprise. The coat is a transparent metallic gold around the shoulders and hombres down to lavender and a pop of cyan. The vintage style sneakers work in a parkour chic kind of way and the top has has a tight high necked leather look.

Yo penny this slaps
[ O/////O fuck dude it sure does!].

“My god, I think this is the first time I’ve seen you dressed like a grown up. Where’s Vidar and what have you done with him,” Devin teased.

“Oh,” He said sweetly, “He’s dead.”

Devin took Vidar by the shoulders with both hands. “Never say that to my face again, thank you.”

The pm from penny is muse-quick; [Devin, honey, if you argue with him about his cotard's syndrome, after I got him dolled up presentable I will vow to become sentient, sleeve a mac truck and end you.]
[what?? his WHAT??]
The Grim sent him several links very quickly, and added [oh no]
[OH NO]

Vidar laughed, “I can’t make any promises.”

“Just...be alive shaped in the club. They don’t like it when you die in there,” Devin said, patting Vidar’s shoulder and feeling like several Kill Bill sirens ought to have been going off.

Vidar made a face, both at the turn in conversation and Penny’s unseen coaching to; [Act natural!]. “Okay but you said I looked like a grown up?” he said doing a spin so his coat flew out around him, “I feel like I’m twenty three again.”

“Well, if you’re twenty-three you can’t go to jail about my dick in your mouth,” Devin said.

“Yeah but I’m really cute right now, and you look like the kfc man, so try and get on my level again first,” He said mostly making word shaped sounds to put distance between him and his mental health blunder.

“God, give you one compliment and you act like you’re out of my league. This is awful,” Devin complained.

“God had to nerf me real fucking hard Devin, I am,” He says blowing him a little kiss.

Devin made a face. “Well, I guess we know which one of us goes dumpster diving, then.”

“Born in the trash, die in the trash,” He said hooking arm around Devins, “if some one asks us what we’re cosplaying I’m answering salior moon.” He gives him a kiss on the cheek.

“Only if I’m Tuxedo Mask,” Devin said.

“Of course! I’m sailor pluto, Eppie is sailor moon, Rj is mars, Mach is- Chibi moon. Got it. Gangs all here. Ready for con.”

And that’s the part of the conversation they had gotten to when they wer picked and the car ride over had been filled with the chatter of Devin and Mach and Vidar explaining sailor moon to Veronica.

Vidar stowed his pistol and his knife in the trunk without second thoughts; Because he was never truly unarmed, and secondly he had an idea of how he thought the evening would go. He was minorly dissociated from re-meeting Jenni and putting his foot in his mouth real hard with Devin, he was ready to tune out and pretend to be some one who matched the look they were rocking. His mood was like a Yoyo and after a week of dealing with him, hopefully they were used to his most perky when miserable routine.

He waved to Eppie and Rj, and then , cluing in; “I would like tonight to not suck, so I want to get in the easy way.”

“Unless this guy is really into the fast variety of cars, I’m not gonna be too helpful. I’ll take the risks so someone more relevant can take lead.”
Said Mach, having dressed to the nines in his own way.
[You are the BEST kind of dork sometimes.]
I’m just hoping this outfit tells people what I’m about.
Shades and a scarf, a racer’s leather jacket and pants. A T-shirt with an asymmetrical X stretching across it. And some serious racing boots, the type that looked like robot feet. He looked like if Racer X and Protoman tried to fuse into one man. He looked…
[Dude, you look like a parody of a real street racer.]
Yeah. I fucking know, but real street racers don’t have any signature clothing bits aside from WinPins and we can’t use mine. And they might literally kill me if I make a bunch of fakes.
[Yeah. Still, you look precious. Like a fastboi’s first OC…]
Oof.

Vidar gave Mach a glance wich was both purposely flirtatious and equal parts concern. He really didn’t want tonight to suck and he was certain he was going to end up cozied up to one of the marks and browsing his mental pockets. And Mach still wasn’t in the loop about he and eppie being asyncs and he did not want to deal with that at the moment. He was certain, Veronica being very clever, had some idea. He just hoped when it did come up Mach would take it about as well as Devin handled the fact that he was irreparably fucked up.

“Useless,” Devin said idly, in response to Mach, eyeing the bouncers and the lines. He still had his pistol tucked away, but if he were getting pushed into going in through flirting and flattery, he decided not to risk it, and tucked it under the seat with the rest of the good toys. “Looks like team ‘fuck with the Cartel’ rides again,” he said.

Eppie looks at her comrades, then throws an arm around Devin’s bedazzled shoulder, taking Mach’s leather-clad arm with her other hand, “Alright, boys, looks like it’s you two and me. Y’all ready for some bullshit? Also, anybody need any more glitter? I have extra. Mach, do you want glitter?”

“Nope, no glitter for me!”
Mach said, just a little too fast.
[Bomb him, Eps.]
Nanti sent in a PM, not even needing an evil smile emoji.

Eppie smiles innocently, rolling back on her heels as she reaches into an inconspicuous fold of her dress that doubled as a pocket. She wraps her hand around the small glitter pellet, then crushes it as she pulls it out of her pocket, then tosses the shiny, holographic and bright pink glitter over Mach’s head. It rains pink over his entire outfit, and the effect is dazzling.

Eppie’s cheeks puff as she struggles to not laugh, “Mach, I hate to break it to you… But you look gorgeous. Pink is really your colour.”

“Perfect. Now we’re ready,” Devin said.

“Well, we certainly don’t need to worry about not looking the part,” Veronica says, grinning to see all the outfits on display. Her own outfit is an opalescent jumpsuit, with scales that change colors in response to ambient light - a little something she jailbroke from an Elysian fashion designer and tweaked to make her own. With her even more colorful comrades to draw the eye, Veronica is happy to be able to blend in with the crowd - all the better for someone up to no good. Even so, she decides she could do with a little extra something: “If you’ve got an extra glitterbomb, I actually wouldn’t mind a little more bedazzling.”

“Frankly, I’m amazed you got as far as you did without a glitterbombing,” Rushing Jaws quips, indicating the pink glitter all over his face and outfit.

“It’s always a good time for a glitterbombing,” Devin says.

“I’m glad glitter never goes out of style,” Vidar added, having been an innocent bystander in Mach glitter-communion.

“I’m surrounded by scoundrels and traitors. Even my muse has betrayed me this night.”
Mach said, overdramatically. He knew this wasn’t really the ‘betrayal’ he made it out to be, but his back was still stabbed.
[you know you love it.]
You know that’s a lie.
[I do. But it’s close enough to true.]

Vidar laughs, understanding Machs integral need to be an old man about it on a spiritual level, ‘“You look like you just walked through the winners circle, its great!”

He gives Eppie a smile for her good shenanigans; a good real one with the momentary full force of his attention- and when there eyes meet its more intense than he would like. In the moment he had forgotten that she is home to a dangerous song that knows where he lives now, he can feel it, like bass through a wall just looking at her. He doesn’t say anything, because boy that is another conversation he’s not in the mood for.

“No one would ever believe we were friends if you weren’t shiny too,” Devin told Mach brightly. “Now we’re all thoroughly interesting people who will bring the social atmosphere up.”

Veronica’s inserts ping her with a message from Darius_Lorraine confirming her invitations, of which she forwards two to Rushing Jaws and Vidar. She glances at the line for invitees and is happy to see there are only a handful of people in line; she is ready to get inside and get to her work. “Right, so if Mach and Devin are with Eppie, you two-” she says, nodding to Rushing Jaws and Vidar “-ought to come with me.”

“We goin’ in?” Rushing Jaws asks, eyeing the bouncers as he starts to remember past misadventures as an uplift in a sape’s world.

“I know I’m eager to get in there,” Veronica says, a mischievous smirk on her face. Rushing Jaws falls in behind her as they get in line, and it takes only a few minutes for their turn for their invitations to be verified.

“You sure you want him coming in?” The bouncer asks Veronica, nodding to Rushing Jaws.

“Yes,” Veronica says, picking up on his meaning and shutting him down fast. “Unless you’re questioning one of your own members on who he invites? Should I let him know what you think of his judgement?”

“That won’t be necessary,” the bouncer says. “I’ll just need to check for weapons.”

Vidar suffers through his pat down featuring breasts and gravity and manages not to kill the bouncer over it or his uplift micro aggression.

Heliotrope{tacnet}: [I hate this guy.]
Azathothwakes {Tacnet}: [if only he were the exception]
Heliotrope{Tacnet}: [Reality just keeps on giving today.]
Azathothwakes {Tacnet}: [no joke]
Azathothwakes {Tacnet}: [starting to remember why i don’t miss Mars]
Azathothwakes {Tacnet}: [sapes like him are the majority, and whales like me who sleeve sape are freaks of nature, even to those ‘open-minded’ city folks]
Heliotrope{tacnet}: [Mars is cancelled.]
Azathothwakes {TacNet}: [y u h]
Mekhajakumaar: [Give it a few hundred years. The northern hemisphere’s supposed to be an entire ocean someday.]
Azathothwakes: [do you reckon that’s enough time for the shit idiot brain fungus to pass?]
Mekhajakumaar: [We can hope.]

Veronica steps up, and her search takes only seconds; her jumpsuit has few places for anything to hide, and her reputation scores are above reproach. Rushing Jaws, however, must endure a longer, more thorough, and more invasive search despite his dress being form-fitting and lacking pockets altogether. All he can do is endure it, knowing how bad it would look for a neo-orca to “go feral” on some bouncers outside a nightclub, particularly with what’s in his system. They tell him to “have a good night,” a warning in their tone that Rushing Jaws has heard enough to instantly recognize, and then proceed to check in more invitees.

“I’m going to head inside and get us drinks,” Veronica says aloud, while on the TacNet, she says: [And while i’m doing that, I’m going to find a way into their network. With any luck, all we’ll need it for is to get free drinks.]

“Got it, I think I’ll wait out here for the others,” Rushing Jaws says, glancing at the three still on the other side of the bouncers.

Euphemia ‘Eppie’ Cross Bullshits Her Way Through Life
ft. ValtheStarGal ValtheStarGal as Hector and Gao, the bouncers!

This is hardly Eppie’s first rodeo.

To the ire of everyone Eppie has ever met, she makes a habit of always being somewhere that she absolutely has no business being. Sneaking around Novogo Edema, Jupiter, Europa, Pandora - there is nowhere on both sides of the gate that Eppie will not snoop. Is she sneaky? That could be said. Is she particularly skilled in infiltration? Not really. Can she blend into crowds? She’s been bright pink since university, so there’s an obvious answer to that.

What she can do is convince anyone of anything.

Maybe she can’t sneak by guards at an event, or disable them from stopping her entry by force. But what she can do is convince them that, with or without a proper invitation, she not only belongs in a venue, but she deserves to be there. It’s that attitude that allowed her to survive in the beginnings of the Jovian Republic after Novogo Edema went down, what got her foot in the door for gatecrashing, and got her all the funding she’s ever needed for all the projects she’s ever dreamed up in her work with Gatekeeper on Pandora. She’s got a way with words that makes her hard to refuse, and Eppie not only knows it, but she’s used it to build her career in both gatecrashing and in Firewall.

It’s a skill she takes a lot of pride in, and is notable enough for the Star itself to tailor her sleights to that set of skills. As much as being an async has ruined the life she had built, she can’t help but admit that it’s got it’s uses. Where minds could, once in a blue moon, see through her web of lies, the Star and the powers it grants her forms it into undisputed proof with nothing but a touch of her hand. It’s a skill she would rather not use, but when she desperately needs entry somewhere, or help from someone who won’t help her… Well, she makes an exception in those cases.

She knows that this may be a moment for exceptions, because they need to be able to scour all locations in the club, not just general entry. So, arm-in-arm with Mach and Devin, Eppie passes by the main door and pulls them along to the roped off VIP entry. Eppie drops their arms, giving them a wink, “Just give me a second, boys.”

The bouncer standing guard of the VIP door eyes her with curiosity as she bounces up to the rope with a coy smile.

“I’m sorry miss,” the bouncer says with stoic professionalism, after a few seconds spent taking in Eppie before pointing out the general entey line; “VIPs only.”

“Oh, I’m not here to get in,” She says with a high laugh, leaning against one of the poles holding the red rope, “I actually came over to talk to you.”

The smallest smirk, visible only to those with a keen eye for microexpressions, appears on the bouncer’s face; “Appreciate the thought miss, but I’m working. Our digissistant can take your questions.”

Eppie giggles, twirling her pink hair around an equally pink finger, “I’m not exactly looking to talk about something a digissitant can… satisfy, sir. I was here to talk about what you were up to after you were done being all business.”

“Not rightly sure at this time,” the bouncer replies, doing an admirable job of maintaining his professionalism despite signs the façade beginning to crack; the smirk on his face is clear now, and he scans the crowd as if refocus his attention away from Eppie. “Got a long shift left ahead of me.”

“Mm, I think you’d be worth the wait…” She says lowly, running the back of her finger down the sleeve of his jacket, “I can tell you for sure is that I am definitely worth the wait, if you’re game.”

The two signs that he might well be charmed are that he did not immediately pull away from her touch, and that he has no immediate reply to her flirting. He scans the crowd some more, smirking more obviously, likely contemplating risks and rewards. “We’ll have to see how the night goes, miss...?”

“Call me Euphie. If you’re down, I can definitely wait up and meet you after your shift? I’ve got a circadian rhythm mod, so I can go all night.” Her last comment is punctuated with a wink.

The bouncer’s laughter is stifled, but too loud to not betray how enticed he is; he takes a moment to smooth his coat out and collects himself. “Yeah. Alright, Euphie. You got a date. I’m done at 0400.”

“It’s a date,” Eppie lips spread into an exhilarated smile, not entirely false, to hear his agreement.

But now, it comes to the moment of truth. Eppie’s finger, which has been caressing his sleeve to keep him comfortable - and unsuspicious - with her contact, continues down the path of his arm to touch his hand. She hears the song of the Star rumble in her mind, a hard bassline that vibrates in her ribs, then looks up at him, sure to make eye contact as she takes his hand. “But there is an awful long time between now and then… And if I go home, I might fall asleep and sleep right through everything, and that would be a damn shame, wouldn’t it?”

She intertwines her fingers with his, leaning in close and speaking in a low whisper, which, despite the loud music of the club, comes in loud and clear for him, “I know it might be against the rules, but do you think you could let me into the lounge so I can hang out there until you’re ready? I need something to entertain me while I wait for a dance with you.”

At first, his face is still mostly impassive, Eppie’s natural charms working at his stony professionalism; the sleight that takes hold of his mind causes it to nearly shatter, his face softening into a distinctly un-professionally warm smile. He almost reaches out to take her whole hand, only the last vestige of concern for his job holding him back. “Damn” escapes his lips sotto voce before he is able to formulate a proper response, even these words almost tumbling out of his mouth with the barest composure. “Alright, yeah, you and your friends? Give me a sec... done. VIP clearance. Get in before anyone notices, I’ll see you soon.”

She does a happy little bounce, pulling him by his collar to her level to give him a peck on the cheek. She peeks out the corner of her eye as she comes down from her tiptoes, spotting the weapons check the others are going through, and spots not one, but two people searching RJ, one of their hands searching far too high on his thigh for Eppie to keep the anger out of her face. Her grip on the collar tightens, but she lets the anger drop into a soft expression before she turns back to the bouncer.

“Hey, that group there are friends of mine, and that bouncer is giving one of my friends a really hard time. I overheard a bit, and they’re profiling him! My friend is the gentlest soul you will ever meet. He actually has an invite. I don’t… I don’t want to get anyone in trouble, but I know that a manager or owner would hate to hear that your bouncers act like that. But…”

Eppie holds herself close to the bouncer, making sure her hands touch skin as she winds her hands around the back of his neck, “I won’t bring anything up, and no one gets in trouble… If that bouncer gives my friend a really sincere apology, and escorts him and the rest of his party into VIP so they can hang out with me.”

The bouncer looks over at the unfolding scene, cursing under his breath to be put in such a bind. He carefully disentangles himself from Eppie, taking a moment to assess the situation. His eyes refocus on his entoptics, and before long the two bouncers searching Rushing Jaws stop short and look back to him, bewildered and even a bit cowed. Whatever exchange happens between him and the other bouncers is mesh only, and the shuffling of the guard takes a few extra minutes to organize - but sure enough, the guilty one walks over, stone-faced.

“Gao,” Eppie’s bouncer - a man identified with an AR nametag as Hector - addresses. “Escort Euphie and the rest of her party to the VIP lounge, please.”

“Yes, sir,” Gao says, his words terse.

Eppie’s anger is thinly veiled, but she can’t help the smug quirk of her lip as she watches how completely and utterly grouchy this bouncer looks for being called out on his racism.

“Come with me please,” Gao grunts, beckoning Eppie’s trio to follow. The other bouncer has already gone to cover his spot in line as he offers Rushing Jaws, Vidar and Veronica the same terse directive, leading them to the huge red doors of Lupercalia.

Eppie smiles sincerely at Hector, “Thank you. I appreciate this. I’ll see you after!”

Eppie skips over to the group and takes RJ’s arm, “Don’t worry; I’m still going to get him fired,” She says with a wink as she takes Mach’s with her other arm, squeezing RJ’s arm to offer comfort as they enter Lupercalia and are escorted to the VIP lounge.

Vidar slammed open his chat log with Eppie and was greeted by the unanswered messages he had sent during her panic attack while meeting with her brother.
[VIP???? No fucking shit?]
As soon as they walk inside of the club though, its like hitting a wall. The lights, the people, the neon, the music, the half yelled conversations crossing over each other- the colors he had never seen before shining beneath the black lights. The real problem was that he couldn't tune any of it out, which left little room to think his own thoughts. Never mind take any of it in a meaningful human capacity, he reached out and caught Veronica's elbow with his own as to not get lost in the crowd.
[Boss. You have tetracromatic vision.]
Oh. I thought I was having a stroke.
[No, you're good! That's nega yellow-]
That's not yellow at all.
[That's what they call it and that's ultra violet, ultra pink and ultra not-teal.]
Who named these?
Penny diligently labeled and identified each new color for him and it took him a few moments before he could process the new information in a way that made sense to him.

Last edited:
Devin leaned on Mach's shoulder and watched Eppie flirt their way into the VIP section. "How does it feel to be arm candy?" Devin asked him. "I think it's great. No one expects you to think. The perfect cover." Eppie was very, very good at flirting, though she was a bit more physically forward than Devin thought he could get away with. The benefit of being a cute pink lady instead of a scum boy, he thought.
And then the guard went...loose, was the only word Devin could think of, in a way that made him think drugs before the rest of his brain caught up to remind him that Eppie didn't need that.
That's cheating.
[Are you jealous?]
...maybe
And that was stupid, but god, what a useful superpower. If he'd been the one talking them in he'd have needed a plan, and then probably a contingency, and they'd have all ended up breaking in through the back anyway, because sometimes all the charm and bluster in the solar system couldn't sway a minimum wage worker afraid of getting fired.
[Devin] said the Grim, like he was disappointed.
What? It'd be nice to have teeth, is all.
And everyone seemed real keen on declawing him lately.
Hopefully this would get them all the info they needed, and they could go low and avoid Valentina and the Night Cartel the rest of the time they were on Mars. Because as much as he loved his team, they were fucking amateurs at crime, and they were going to get themselves killed.
Well. Not Mach. He could stay.
The longer he was on Mars, the more Devin missed his team. Cris wouldn't have acted like he was an idiot for his gambit with Elias. Hell, she'd probably have shot him herself. You fuck with my boys, I fuck with yours. And I'm better at it than you are, Devin had heard her say before, with a snarl and a sneer. Honestly, she'd have shot him if she thought she had to. It wasn't personal. And sometimes with his Firewall team, it felt like everything was. They were just...obtuse. You couldn't let someone like Valentina push you around without everyone else thinking they could do the same. He was the goddamned rat king, and he had a reputation to protect, first of all.
Second of all, they were trying to stop the world from ending again, and getting squeamish wasn't going to help anyone.
It was so much easier when you were working with a crew who didn't care about being good people. This was Mars! There was only the ruthless and the dead, and Devin knew which one he was. Good got your cortical stack mailed home in a box, if you were lucky.
He frowned and watched Eppie work further magic, and added, "Looks like we're being replaced," to Mach. "RJ's prettier." He glanced back at Vidar, who clung to Veronica with an expression like he'd never seen another human being on his face, and Devin frowned slightly.
hara{pm to heliotrope} you alright back there, mr clarke and/or lewis?

Last edited:
Heliotrope:[ Yeah.]
Heliotrope: [just.]
Heliotrope: [Nega yellow is real I guess.]
hara: [that’s fake]
hara: [you made that up]
Heliotrope: [Thats what the muse says. As a time traveler I have to trust her.]
hara: [i call bullshit]
hara: [do you think the muses are in cahoots, because mine is insisting it’s real now too]
Heliotrope: [Its much more likely we’re both idiots. And I don’t say this lightly.]
hara: [why would we ever need to know about nega yellow? what would that even LOOK like?]
Heliotrope: [You can’t imagine colors you’ve never seen before until you see them. So I can’t help you. Tetrachromatic vision is sure a thing this morph can do.]
hara: [i can’t believe you’re hoarding COLORS now!!]

Vidar continues to look at the people in the club like he’s never before seen earthlings and then hits the tacnet with a still shot. The pair is up on the balcony; VIP at that; and the gravitational center of a small party of their own amid the throng

Heliotrope{tacnet}: Found the boys~
Heliotrope{Tacnet}: 👀 👀 👀

Lupercalia is in full swing tonight, packed full of blindingly beautiful clubbers and with pounding, driving music filling the space. A slew of AR imagery mingles with club lights above the dance floor, scenes of heroism and action from classical mythology that rise and fall with the music to further pump up the intensity of the party. Keeping the group together through the crowd is not easy, even with the aid of AR tags, and Gao the bouncer seems none too pleased to have to escort the sentinels through the churn. More than one person tries to grind on or even steal someone away for dancing elsewhere in the club, but the crowd seems to part around the entrance to the VIP section - guarded by another pair of bouncers and two more lupine statues. Gao beckons the group out of the crowd while having a word with his coworkers over the mesh, who only step aside to reveal a red-velvet-and-gold-carpeted stairway; at the top of the stairs, a real party awaits.

The VIP section of Lupercalia is a long and relatively narrow section of the club running parallel to the main floor, with balconies overlooking the dance floor - serving as dance floor space of their own - and a long row of booths, a few of which have drawn privacy curtains. There are two bars on either side of the entrance, offering drinks, smokes, and club drugs for those with the credit lines to pay; rotorcraft drones ferry orders from the bar over to patrons before returning to their perches above the bar, flying above the heads of clubbers. Finally, there are the clubbers themselves: a cut above the already beautiful people dancing below, the VIP guests of Lupercalia are almost all stupefyingly gorgeous, bedecked in the latest fashions or styles that suit their personas. Some catch the sentinels coming up the way, a few nodding up to Veronica, some eyes lingering on Eppie or regarding Devin quizzically, but most quickly returning to their own parties within a few seconds of evaluating the group.

“I’m going to find a booth,” Veronica says aloud, having already identified and crossing to an open spot.
Brumaro, set up a false Mesh ID?
[Already done and loaded.]
Perfect. Have them bring me a drink while you’re at it.
[Putting an order for a Mai Tai in now.]
Marvelous

With a smooth motion, Veronica pulls aside the curtain and finds a spot to sit. Every booth is equipped with a touch-screen table; the touch tables offer the same utility of ectos in an age of mesh inserts, offering discrete browsing of both the public club network and the mesh at large. A welcome message appears on the table’s screen as she finds her seat, written in black with gold lettering, presented by the club’s AI digissistant - a toga-clad nymph named Terpischore.

[Welcome, hospes honores. To reflect your status above the plebeian masses, we have several services available, exclusive to you and your guests. First, this booth and even the curtain is lined with materials making it opaque to scans of all sorts, ensuring* your privacy from wandering eyes should you seek it. Our bartenders can make any drink you can dream up, and we have a variety of other delights on offer. Suites are available for rental as well, and you have a line directly to security should you require any assistance. In addition to these, you and your fellow patricians will have priority status for any catering and song requests. Should you require further assistance, do not hesitate to contact myself or any of our staff.]
[*Please note that for your safety, your mesh presence will still be visible to club security. Please notify me to contact management if you have specific privacy needs.]

Veronica swipes through menus to prove a theory to herself, then takes a tall cocktail from the rotordrone that delivers it to her, nodding up as it ascends and leaves her to her privacy. Deciding to put her new augmentation to the test, Veronica places her palm flat on the top of the table, instructing the nanobots of her skinlink mod to establish a connection to the table. It takes only seconds for the skinlink to confirm one, but she does not immediately proceed to begin the hack, instead opting to study the network itself for a moment.

Mekhajakumaar {TacNet}: [Unsurprisingly, the club uses a VPN to secure its network from the mesh. I’ll need to interface with something connected to it in order to hack in. Which, courtesy of the club, I have. I’ll be staying here for most of our time though, barring an emergency. If you all can give me ten minutes or so - get drinks, scope out our marks, infiltrate social circles - I can see about getting mesh access and getting my hands on the switches in case we need to throw them.]

Rushing Jaws, for his part, orders his stand-by rum and coke, and chooses to stay outside of the curtain. It won't be long before the MRDR is in full effect, as he can already feel the first embers of it catching in his heart. He breathes, taking in the riot of sound and color served up by Lupercalia, tensing and relaxing his fists as he scans the crowd for the two Viddy pointed out. Sure enough, he catches a glimpse of On-Sook Ryong in the instant Ryong is visible, before being immersed again in a crowd of grinding clubbers. There’s no sign of Khadijah Zosain from his vantage point, but she could easily be in the crowd or in a booth. The waiter drone stops in front of him, and he takes his drink with a cheers motion as it zips off to fill other orders. Preferring to remain sober, Rushing Jaws does not disable his medichines’ filtering the alcohol, enjoying the taste of the drink while also savoring a different warmth spreading from his core.

Azathothwakes {TacNet}: [This ain’t my natural habitat by a long way, so I’ll stick to overwatch n’ following the lead of whoever wants me on their wing.]

Sleipnir{Tacnet}: [Hard same, RJ. I never liked partying like this. I can watch the entrance if you watch the team. And pretend the goons aren't there. Might as well not be if the cartel shows up. Stun weapons, seemingly average morphs... Unless I missed something, they're not ready for anything worse than a barfight. Between that and the scanproof booths, we're looking at a massacre if someone walks in, loaded for bear and meaning business.]

Mach didn't like clubs. In this one, he felt his paranoia ratcheting up. He wasn't on Kick, but it might look that way. So, he found a balcony rail and leaned against it like a cool kid, the entrance on his left and the team's booth way off to the right. Fuck, he could use some hash right now. But with his shades on, a relatively relaxed stance, and the guise of at least trying to wipe off excess glitter, he wouldn't be too conspicuous. So, hopefully he'd blend in and seem like one of the many clubgoers down below who were rethinking being there. At least he wasn't right up on the speakers, pounding bass and noise everywhere. Still, even in the relatively good spot he had, he was trying hard not to instinctively unsheath his claws, or let loose the lightning. He hated clubs and parties. It's like the boys in San Fran said.

"Rob loves to party..."

Vidar stays attached to Veronica's elbow and joins her in the booth, needing a moment away from the sound and thump of hte club already. He wasn't sure how he used to spend so much time in them, more so after he'd become young again than when he was a kid. But he hadn't been an outsider then- the music had been different- man this just wasn't his speed anymore and that just made him annoyed with himself. He knew logically, that Devin and Eppie were there best bets at getting close to these two, but he was the one who could read minds the best. There was just one thing between him and suggesting a plan.

Heliotrope {PM to slipneir.}: Hypothetically speaking how freaked out would you be if you found out some one you knew could read minds?

Should he have done this earlier, oh, yeah, like, shit. that went double for Eppie- He looked again at the chain of unanswered messages-

Heliotrope{Pm the Jukeboxmaiden}: Yo, I know shit got spooky earlier. I know I freaked out on you, but I'm not mad... do you think I'm mad? Life is just one entire confused pickachu meme for me. I'm not doing a great job of "lets do this async thing together" I guess..... But anyway I'm pretty sure, we're going to have to go round two here with the psychic twin bullshit- there's no way I can in close enough to either of them. I only look cute till I open my mouth. So um- lets do this?

Vidar scrolled the available drinks and recognized none of them, and instead spent his time contracting and retracting his claws pensively while he waited for responses. He gave Veronica a nervous smile when she glanced at him.

Heliotrope{PM to hara}: What the actual fuck are any of these drinks? What the actual fuck is a hop skip and go naked? That's like an Airbnb advert that aint a fucking drink? Grasshopper? That is a bug. Devin. Why.
Heliotrope{PM to hara}: Lonley island lost in a foggy sea? Is this a fall out boy song???

hara{tacnet}: You two just look pretty, this is what starglass pays me the big bucks for

He pulled the menu away from Vidar and flipped though it.

hara{pm to heliotrope} do you want me to order for you, you baby?

Devin didn't wait for an answer before ordering Vidar a black velvet, and a death in the afternoon for himself.

hara{pm to heliotrope} I understand, they've made too many new cocktails since you've been dead. I'm sure they only had ales back when you visited the tavern for that sweet sweet lute music

Sleipnir{PM to Heliotrope}: [About as freaked out as I should be? Concerned about the privacy of my own thoughts, probably paranoid about what'd happen if our enemies could do that, and... Probably requesting to sleeve synth on all future missions? Look, Watts-Mcleod is real, but it's SO DAMN RARE that I, a fucking EX-SS and TITAN ARTIFACT APPRAISER, have never met anyone with it. Or if I did, I never knew about it. The cartel is here and now, hypothetical psychic enemies are later.]

Nanti{Headspace}: [Boss you IDIOT.]
Huh? What?
Nanti: ['Someone you know'? That's almost as obvious as 'Asking for a friend'.]
... Look I am trying to be paranoid about the cartel, if I start thinking about brain intruders, I'll lose myself in a paranoia spiral, hit some Kick, and the team'll have to pry me out of a hotel bathroom rigged with like eight landmines and a door shotgun.
Nanti: [HE'S A WIZARD, MIKEY.]
... Ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I do not want to think about Knife Dad checking my brain's search history.
Nanti: [He won't. But you're gonna have me look up that old-ass 'Yer a wizard Harry' video with all the cussing, right?]
... Maybe? I don't remember that one, and I'm not even sure it's Nerrix's fault.
Nanti: [ You'reAWizardHarry.MP4 ]

Sleipnir{PM to Heliotrope}: [So... My muse thinks I'm an idiot and you're asking me how I feel about you being psychic and I'm not even sure you're psychic and how the FUCK am I supposed to have this conversation? I'm not even sure you're the psychic one! Like, is it actually Hara or some shit? FUCK this is awkward and confusing and I'm not even sure if you're serious about someone having Watts-Mcleod!]

Vidar made a face, a sort of wide eyed stare at the table he traditionally reserved the for the sort of nonsense he encountered as a private eye, part grimace, part trying not to laugh. Just some times reading something made his soul leave his body and reading mach trying to rationalize that he never had or would meet an asyc followed swiftly by his nervous reassessment did him in.
Heliotrope{Pm to sleipnir}: yeaaah,,,,
Heliotrope{Pm to sleipnir}: It's me.
Heliotrope{Pm to Sleipnir}: I'm psychic.
Heliotrope {Pm to Sleipnir}: Please don't freak.

Heliotrope{Tacnet}: Yo, hold up. You get paid?

Heliotrope{Pm to hara}: in 1804 we only had swill water
Heliotrope{Pm to hara}: and dissenterie
Heliotrope{Pm to hara}: if you order me an ipa, I'm killing you.

Last edited:
hara{tacnet}: i'm with the union, i get dental too

hara{pm to heliotrope}: what do you take me for??? a SAVAGE??
hara{pm to heliotrope}: i care about you, have stout and champagne

Devin propped his head on his hand and watched Vidar make faces at the table as the drinks arrived.

"Did the table offend you, personally?" he asked, sliding the black velvet closer to Vidar.

Last edited:
"Oh, you know- tables. My other slightly less anoying fear-" Vidar said trying to act natural, taking a sip of the black velvet, "-Oh, this doesn't suck. You get to live."

"I'm only good at sucking dick and drinking, so it's a good thing I meet your standards in one of those things," Devin said, taking a sip of his own drink. He was going to have to try and make a pass at getting cozy with Ryong or Zosain soon, but he wanted to finish his drink and make sure Vidar wasn't actually going to murder the table first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back