• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Echoes from the Void (An Interstellar Empire Roleplay)

Will currency play a major role in this or not? I see rules for military strength etc but nothing for finance.

Also: I'm just wondering how battles would work as although battleships are the largest and most powerful, they're also not very maneuverable and so a fleet of corvettes should be able to do a lot of damage

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Ryan Wright]Will currency play a major role in this or not? I see rules for military strength etc but nothing for finance.
Also: I'm just wondering how battles would work as although battleships are the largest and most powerful, they're also not very maneuverable and so a fleet of corvettes should be able to do a lot of damage

[/QUOTE]
Agreed, will economy play a major role, and also how will the battles play out?

I also have a question on warfare... How are ground battles going to work? I know the rules explained it as the attackers needing at least 50% more to win. But, what if the attacking species is obviously superior? Like, what if there was a race of giant, laser-proof, fire breathing behemoths with tier 2 technology fighting against something the equivalent of mankind? Wouldn't that give them a combat bonus at all and take less troops to send out and fight?

Alright, so I'm gonna be a lot less active for a while. I'll do my best to make posts but there may be days where I'm not on at all... So sorry about that...

I hope the spoiler tags make it easier for people to read what might otherwise be a wall of text. None of it's actually supposed to be hidden from you readers. Oh and I need to give a little credit to President Truman. I borrowed heavily from one of his speeches. Points if you can tell me which one.

Nashira said:
I would like to join this, if you are still accepting?
Yep :)

@Ryan Wright I didnt intend finance to play too much of a role in this to be honest (this is my first Nation Building RP, so if I missed this important element and you guys really want it, help would be appreciated :P ) , however if you have a fleet that is too massive really, as in hunders upon hundreds of ships, you will be spending so much money on that, which in turn causes your people to become unhappier, causing a rather severe penalty to morale.

And while battleships are beasts in space combat, they are vulnerable against hit-and-run tactics. A bunch of corvettes can jump on a battleship and cause a great deal of damage. However seeing as Corvettes are weak compared to battleships, using a few cruisers would be for the better in my opinion. Seeing as they can take a heavier beating. Two cruisers can take out a battleship, however they are likely to both be destroyed themselves. If they somehow ambush the battleship however, it wouldn't be too much of a challenge for them.

@Ryan Ports I wouldn't have approved a species like that xD

I was intending for those involved in the battle to sort it out for themselves. Tier 3 species' have about the same quality of troops as a Tier 1, seeing as both possess weaponry to kill the other. However the Tier 1 will get an advantage due to more advanced vehicles etc.

Sorry for the late reply all! I've been very preoccupied these last few Days :P

Hazeron said:
@Alator
(Was the message sent already to everyone?)
Regarding my message, it has just been sent to all participants of the roleplay, just to make it easier for everyone to start interacting ^^

@Hazeron

Haha poor humans getting spammed by messages from aliens. Seeing as my message pretty much just was sent and should reach Earth shortly, the coming reaction will probably be glorious xD

Alator said:
And not only that, he had recieved word from Aegir, the High Council had decided to send out a message to all space-faring nations. Making contact on their respective languages, while informing those with no knowledge of the Asgard who they were, aswell as providing all data that the Asgard had collected of the signals from the void. Aswell as asking for assistance and providing coordinates to Aegir, should anyone wish to respond. They had hoped not to do this, due to how important the information was, aswell as the widepread panic it could cause among the other species. However they had no choice anymore. The Asgard needed help, as they were not sure whether they could defeat this foe or not. But should they fail, if the newcomers were hostile that is. Things would look even worse for the Galaxy.
^ All details should be here, and I'd expect the message to reach you within minutes if you consider the advanced technology being used to deliver it :P

@Hazeron

@Mitch Neon

Haha yeah, I noticed. I'd suppose that those that haven't been contacted yet will be rather puzzled by this sudden spam.

Alator said:
@Mitch Neon
Haha yeah, I noticed. I'd suppose that those that haven't been contacted yet will be rather puzzled by this sudden spam.
indeed, for my species has also noticed the outer galaxy transmission...and wants help preparing for it.

[QUOTE="Mitch Neon]indeed, for my species has also noticed the outer galaxy transmission...and wants help preparing for it.

[/QUOTE]
How are we going to sort things out though? Seeing as that now, people will get pretty much double invitations.

Hazeron said:
Ah, so it already reached me?
Should do just a few minutes after Mitch's, and regarding your post, if you are in the same sector as Mitch then it doesnt take too long. Crossing a sector takes about two hours though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back