• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Eastsea: the city that never sleeps...

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
images.jpeg-5.jpg
A city of magic and lights, said to glow from a distance. Life inside Eastsea isn't as pretty as it first appears though. While it is home to Shorepeaks tower which is known as a prestigious magic academy aswell as home to the elected Grand Magi, no city is perfect. Each section is subject to criminal activity, not even the grand tower and its grounds are safe.

Infact the grounds are constantly being targeted what with all the valuables hoarded in Shorepeaks. More riches and opportunities in there then the entire vast city that is Eastsea.
Not that the academy hasn't participated in actions seen as criminal... this is where said story begins if you are hoping to play.

As someone born without money or magic your character had to survive by any means necessary day by day. It wasn't easy but they lived long enough by whatever means to get noticed by someone shady and rich to what seemed a ridiculous degree. This guy wanted to hire them for a job that pays damn well.
Only problem is, the job involves the main tower... said someone is throwing money at people to get whatever he wants as soon as he possibly can. Potentially you have a lucrative spot in this.
The offer is to much to pass up, your character is convinced into a high risk high reward borderline suicide mission...

Looking for three or four players, maybe six at most.
People who can post a few paragraphs once a week.
Without spoilers the mission is something of a tutorial an no matter how good everyone plays it will result in capture and light torture/magical experiments happening on them that leads to their escape...

While this will result in powerful new abilities it shall come with flaws, the most notable one being the cast become enemies of the grand magi overnight and are wanted alive preferably but near dead is also acceptable.
(A corpse may result in a decent payout provided they can recognise the culprit and recycle any of the magic within said dead body)

The story then is about the cast working together to hone their new abilities to survive against the onslaught of enemies coming for them.

Sound off below if you are interested, it's a medieval fantasy world with monsters all about and inherent magic only occurring within some lucky few with everyone else pulling it off by outside sources an trial and error. the rp takes place mostly in and around the city of Eastsea. The picture doesn't do justice to what I had in mind However. Think more said picture above mixed with ba sing se from avatar.
images.jpeg-6.jpg
Races aside from human are available but perks and flaws come with all races.
Cs page is here

I'll make a ooc page if people post sheets

Last edited:
A nice concept for a roleplay, I like the sound of it!

I think I already have an idea for a character in mind if I do decide to commit to it, although I would like to ask a question regarding the roleplay as a whole. While I am fairly certain that as a result of the setting that combat and conflict is very likely bound to happen, would all of the characters need to be warriors or combatants in some sort of fashion prior to them gaining their respective abilities?

couple questions!
is there a way i can play an ex aristocratic type character?
Second! what kind of group dynamic are you looking for?

A nice concept for a roleplay, I like the sound of it!

I think I already have an idea for a character in mind if I do decide to commit to it, although I would like to ask a question regarding the roleplay as a whole. While I am fairly certain that as a result of the setting that combat and conflict is very likely bound to happen, would all of the characters need to be warriors or combatants in some sort of fashion prior to them gaining their respective abilities?
Not particularly but it helps to have some sort of direct skill to deal with threats, a sneaky sort or someone decent in a fight being the main two draws shady guy is after but a desperate magic academy student, naive merchant etc could be hired as a rube/inside man just as easily as your above average thief.

couple questions!
is there a way i can play an ex aristocratic type character?
Second! what kind of group dynamic are you looking for?
1) i guess, would rather people with zero knowledge of high society aside from rumours and speculation. Any character made wouldn't have access to support from family/friends who would be convinced said character is a criminal who should be turned in for a reward

2) i might need a example of what you mean by that.
If its what I assume then the group would mainly be associated through the job and teaming up afterwards. So they would generally be a squad or split even to avoid me playing gm to one character by themselves

Last edited:
Cs page is here and in the first post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back