[earthbound] ~a greek mythology-based roleplay~

AnimeGenork

The Duck Overlord
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
EARTHBOUND.
&&PLOT.
The time of the gods has long since passed, and their power is waning. Despite this, they and many other immortalized Greek figures have been clinging to their life force. Now, they are in danger of fading away completely.

In order to preserve them, and possibly for their own protection, the Fates have sent the most famous of Greek mythological figures to Earth. There, they will live out their days at a university with normal mortals. While they all remember their previous lives, they have also been granted new memories and new lives, so as to fully immerse themselves in the mortal lifestyle.

As a result, these newly mortal Greek figures only have vague memories of their previous stints as gods or heroes or Titans. What remains of their previous lives are two powers relating to their former realms of influence, both of which they are unable to fully control.

&&EXPLANATION.
Hello, and how do you do? I'm back again with another Greek-myths based roleplay. This one is mostly influenced by over-excitement about another university-based roleplay that is picking up soon, and some characters of mine wanted to come out to play, so... here we are.

This will mostly be slice-of-life and completely relaxed, plot wise. There will be some events, methinks, and I may decide to throw in a plot twist here and there, but otherwise, I don't really expect this to reach farther than that. So. There you have it.

The character limit here will be 6 CHARACTERS, more so for my benefit than everyone else's. Face claims will be realistic, and I will expect that the powers your characters will have will NOT be over-powered.

To clarify, our characters will have a VAGUE idea of having been gods or heroes or what have you. However, they will mostly remember the lives the Fates have given them. In a way, consider it as reincarnation of a sort.

So there we have it.

I expect this to be slow-paced, so if you get easily impatient... sorry! Life happens all the time, and I'm graduating high school in a month, so I don't exactly have the capacity to be invested in this at all times. Please respect that.

&&POSSIBLE ROLES.
note: separated by type of greek figure

APHRODITE txlos txlos or revalia revalia .
APOLLO diwa diwa .
ARES apolla apolla .
ARTEMIS r e i r e i .
ATHENA ShadyAce ShadyAce .
DEMETER r e i r e i .
DIONYSUS nymphadora. nymphadora. .
HADES dimensional dimensional .
HEPHAESTUS r e i r e i .
HERA revalia revalia .
HERMES nymphadora. nymphadora. .
POSEIDON nymphadora. nymphadora. .
ZEUS r e i r e i OR diwa diwa .

CALLIOPE open.
CLIO PixieDust PixieDust .
EUTERPE open.
ERATO open.
MELPOMENE r e i r e i .
POLYHYMNIA open.
TERPISCHORE mxlly mxlly .
THALIA open.
URANIA open.

ATLAS ShadyAce ShadyAce .
COEUS AnimeGenork AnimeGenork .
CRIUS open.
EPIMETHEUS open.
HYPERION open.
IAPETUS open.
KRONOS open.
(not to be confused with Chronos)
OCEANUS open.
PROMETHEUS open.
PHOEBE open.
RHEA PixieDust PixieDust .
THEMIS mxlly mxlly .

AEOLUS open.
ANTHEIA open.
ARKE open.
ASCLEPIUS erosful erosful .
BOREAS open.
ERIS open.
EROS mourning star mourning star .
EUROS open.
GAIA erosful erosful .
GANYMEDE open.
HARMONIA AnimeGenork AnimeGenork .
HECATE txlos txlos .
HESTIA ShadyAce ShadyAce .
HYPNOS AnimeGenork AnimeGenork .
IRIS AnimeGenork AnimeGenork .
KHIONE deer deer .
LETHE revalia revalia .
MACARIA open.
MELINOE mourning star mourning star .
MORPHEUS nymphadora. nymphadora. .
NEMESIS nymphadora. nymphadora. .
NIKE open.
NOTOS open.
NYX revalia revalia .
OURANOS open.
PAN Lunar Lunar .
PERSEPHONE apolla apolla .
THANATOS r e i r e i .
TYCHE ShadyAce ShadyAce .
ZEPHYRUS open.

ACHILLES deianeira deianeira .
ATALANTA open.
BELLEROPHON open.
CYRENE open.
HERCULES mxlly mxlly .
JASON open.
MELEAGER open.
ODYSSEUS diwa diwa .
ORION open.
ORPHEUS AnimeGenork AnimeGenork .
PERSEUS AnimeGenork AnimeGenork .
PHAETHON open.
THESEUS open.

ADONIS open.
ANDROMEDA sophie. sophie. .
ARACHNE Lunar Lunar .
ARIADNE erosful erosful .
CALYPSO erosful erosful .
CASSANDRA open.
CIRCE open.
DAEDALUS open.
ECHO open.
EURYDICE open.
HELEN OF TROY deianeira deianeira .
HIPPOLYTA PixieDust PixieDust .
ICARUS open.
MIDAS ShadyAce ShadyAce .
MEDUSA sophie. sophie. .
NARCISSUS open.
PANDORA open.
PENELOPE open.
PSYCHE Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy .

&&RULES.
RESPECT FELLOW PLAYERS Everyone's opinions are valid; please respect that. Let's not insult OR criticize OR indirectly antagonize anyone. Let's be fair to all.
TELL ME IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM If you and another player have a problem, please tell me. Or take care of it yourself... but please tell me first.
FOLLOW RPN RULES Duh.
I AM THE GM Try to usurp me, I'll whup your ass. Currently open to co-GMs.
ROMANCE IS OKAY Make sure both parties are okay with it, though. Also, please don't get overly gushy and ew. Nobody needs that.
THIS WILL BE DETAILED Meaning, I'll expect two to three nice paragraphs minimum. NO ONE-LINERS. Please be able to grammar. I want to be able to read what you're writing.
TELL ME ABOUT ABSENCES Please tell me whenever something's going on. If you disappear off the face of the Earth, I WILL let others take your role. And probably pretend your character never existed.
NOT FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE I will be expecting detail in the CSs, and I will most likely ask for a writing sample. So be warned that you may not be accepted.
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING It's really easy to tell when someone hasn't read something. Like reallyyyyyyyy easy. Just read it all.
coded by nymphadora. ยฉ

Last edited:
interested !! is it alright if i claim calypso and asclepius? i see everyone else claiming so i'm not sure if it's limited to friends or?

So far, the idea I have for Prometheus is basically Joker from Persona 5. A quiet, highly intelligent rebel with a tendency to be a bit theatrical. While he can be pretty self serving, he ultimately does what he does for his brother, Epimetheus, and for the downtrodden. I also have an idea that he actually knew about that the God's and Titans were going to die long before it actually happened, and he tried everything he could to help both they, and humanity, before they died. Or maybe he even tried and failed to stop it? Who knows?

So far, the idea I have for Prometheus is basically Joker from Persona 5. A quiet, highly intelligent rebel with a tendency to be a bit theatrical. While he can be pretty self serving, he ultimately does what he does for his brother, Epimetheus, and for the downtrodden. I also have an idea that he actually knew about that the God's and Titans were going to die long before it actually happened, and he tried everything he could to help both they, and humanity, before they died. Or maybe he even tried and failed to stop it? Who knows?

Just remember that he'd only have a vague idea of his life before, so the memory of trying to stop whatever happened would probably be gone. ^^"

Also I don't understand Persona 5....

I get it! I just think it makes a lot of sense for Prometheus to have at least had an idea that something was coming, seeing as his power was foresight. Speaking of that, I'm thinking that his foresight would be much less powerful. He would have vague visions of things that may or may not happen, depending on causality and all that stuff. It's not pure onipotence.

So interested!

Would love to take on Aphrodite and Hecate if possible to do two.

Last edited:
Hey AnimeGenork AnimeGenork , I am interested! Is it possible to reserve Aphrodite & Nyx?!

Last edited:
hi sweetheart !! can i snatch hermes and nemesis ? (i might change nemesis i'm not 100% sure tho)

tempting... WHY IS THIS SO TEMPTING. ๐Ÿ˜‚

UHM because you love me?

So interested!

Would love to take on Aphrodite and Hecate if possible to do two.

Of course!

I'm feeling real Hades eligible.

Okey-dokey!

Hey AnimeGenork AnimeGenork , I am interested! Is it possible to reserve Aphrodite & Nyx?!

Someone else said Aphrodite so it looks like FIGHT TO THE DEATH
Er
Um

hi sweetheart !! can i snatch hermes and nemesis ? (i might change nemesis i'm not 100% sure tho)

Hiya Liv! (Nice code btw) And sure thing!

UHM because you love me?

Of course!

Okey-dokey!

Someone else said Aphrodite so it looks like FIGHT TO THE DEATH
Er
Um

Hiya Liv! (Nice code btw) And sure thing!
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork , Switch my Aphro claim to Hera? If thats possible ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread