• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

_Whatsausername_

Dystopia Utopia is what they call it. A city, my city.... Soon to be the world.
An aesthetically pleasing place, a place where there is no violence, its just harmony, the Garden of Eden if you please.

I apologize for not introducing myself sooner, my name is Jaeden. My last name is of no importance to you. I live in Utopia, believe it or not... that is the name, how idiotic if I'm being completely honest. Want to know why they call it that? Because everything and everyone around me is perfect. Perfect face, perfect body, and most of all the perfect personality, completely obedient and willing to do what they want.

I am by no means perfect, i've been told that since I was a child. You see, at first the city was pretty dangerous honestly, it was rough, it was quite normal to see a family living on the streets and thats how me and my family lived. I had 4 brothers and one sister, it was quite awkward living in our cramped alleyway, begging for money or food whenever we saw it but it was life. When I was 8 I began to notice the city becoming more populated, The small groups of people soon turned into practically a mob, moving like zombies going to complete the same routine we are all trained with. I remember waking up to see an announcement on a build board, our large and overpopulated city was destined for change, or at least thats what the woman said.

I can hardly remember her exact words, all I could remember was they were inducing a one child policy? Everyone under the age of 18 would go in for inspection and they would choose the more well... they had said appropriate child for the family to keep and the others they would put into a deep sleep, to wake up in later years. Of course. My family was rather worried about this, every one of us had something besides my sister Clementine. My sister Clem was gorgeous, of course she would be the more important one. I had a genetic mutation, one eye green the other a brown, its called Heterochromia Iridium I believe. I had become nervous, I didn't want to lose my family but thats what the city needed to reduce its population. My parents, bless their souls couldn't handle the fact of losing 5 children so we went into hiding. We split out among alleyways, meeting up at nighttime. Around this time there wasn't as much security as their was tonight. It was hell for an 8 year old thats for sure.

After that it only got worse, they hired who they called fucking peacekeepers, keeping everyone in their place, checking to see everyone was obeying the rules. But then after that they inspected the birth rooms, they watched the babies being born, anyone of them with physical or mental issues was sent away. It was disgusting to watch the city I knew fade away before my eyes, and at the time I still had my family... at the time. I still lived on the streets with my family, I rememeber the night that changed as well. Meeting up at the same time every night was incredibly risky, we knew it was but we never fucking thought to change it. I remember slowly following the screams, only to see my father being held back by a peacekeeper, I saw the look in his eyes he wanted me to run. I wanted to help but I know it would just end up with us all being put down. I backed away and hid and listened to them all drive away... That happened a year ago, I was 17.

I bet your wondering, why haven't you left the city, I can't. They put borders up around with patrolling, Theres no way I could get over it. Even if I did how would I get back? How would I get back to try and find my family? I'm stuck in this state of terror with- thing- help me

The radio bugged out as soon as the girl finished her story, those were the stories you had heard about for years... they were the same stories replaying on a single station. You knew the situation of Utopia, it had gotten worse over the years but their economy and their hunger issues were resolving, it was perfect from that eyeview. Everyday you would drive past the border that leads into the city, you would even go into the city, for work purposes of course but you in no way lived there. Did you believe what people were saying about the city you worked for? Did you believe the rugrats on the street? Did the people deserve this pain only in a search for Utopia...?

````````````````````````````````

Hello! Thank you if you read all of that! This is a roleplay starter and it is open if you would like to do it. You play someone who works in the city, you can decide what you work as (You can even work as a peacekeeper if youd like!) This story does get very dark so if you don't like that please don't do it! There are also romance aspects in this, my character is the one telling the story.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back