• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Dying to Live, Living to Die REBOOT (Not cliche Zombie survival) *COMPLETED*

Do I take the same pragmatic approach as the others before me or do I just say I was going to choose 1 and pull in no matter what?
That's merely my optimism speaking. This looks like a terrible idea on the outside, but who knows what we could truly be missing in that place if we don't check it out?

I'm a bit suspicious and wary of the fact that the people in the cars were just exterminated ruthlessly: the sign says that all looters will be shot dead, but these people didn't even have a chance to get out of their cars, so who knows if the people barricaded inside will just snipe us and then loot our dead bodies. To make a rational decision based off of this observation, we should look at the details like the positioning of the vehicles, the type and also the condition of the dead men to see if they were an attacking force or merely the type of causalities we saw at the country club. Since we don't have these details, I'm not willing to take the risk when we are already well stocked on supplies. The only thing we could gain is ammo when we have everything (wife, Jacob, all our food, medical supplies, weapons, two modes of transportation) to lose. Let's hurry to our daughters. 2.

(Plus, based on our luck so far, we will probably not find any ammo anyways)

Edit: The above thought process is looking at the situation as realistically and logically as possible, but since we know that if we die we will just respawn, we actually have nothing to lose lmao

I'm a bit suspicious and wary of the fact that the people in the cars were just exterminated ruthlessly: the sign says that all looters will be shot dead, but these people didn't even have a chance to get out of their cars, so who knows if the people barricaded inside will just snipe us and then loot our dead bodies. To make a rational decision based off of this observation, we should look at the details like the positioning of the vehicles, the type and also the condition of the dead men to see if they were an attacking force or merely the type of causalities we saw at the country club. Since we don't have these details, I'm not willing to take the risk when we are already well stocked on supplies. The only thing we could gain is ammo when we have everything (wife, Jacob, all our food, medical supplies, weapons, two modes of transportation) to lose. Let's hurry to our daughters. 2.

(Plus, based on our luck so far, we will probably not find any ammo anyways)

Edit: The above thought process is looking at the situation as realistically and logically as possible, but since we know that if we die we will just respawn, we actually have nothing to lose lmao

2. Well, you make a good case, I'm going with Vic's choice.

1. Sorry, but if we don't trust anyone, we will turn crazy. A small groupe is fine, but even if it is a trap, these people have probably gone through the same shit than us. Everyone is scared. That's normal. I just believe in humanity, despite everything.

(Well damn that was a nail biter vote! But in the end Option 1 won by 1 vote over Option 2 with a result of 3-2. So Option 1 has been chosen with 3 votes!)

You carefully pull the SUV over, and park, leaving the keys in the ignition, but tuning off the engine. The silence in the area suddenly seems deafening. Leaving Laura and the boy in the vehicle, you head over to the front of the gun shop and call to anyone that might be inside.

“Hello in there? I’m looking to trade. Anyone still alive in there?”

A gravelly voice answers down from the rooftop above – “Up here. What do you got?”

Looking, you see an older black man with a white beard and overalls up on the roof, with a tripod-mounted machinegun of some kind pointed down at you. The weapon looks like it came right off an old biplane or something, but it definitely sends the intended message – ‘don’t fuck with me.’

You also notice a younger black man come to the open window on the second floor of the shop to intentionally hold out an M16-looking assault rifle for you to see, before he moves back behind the sill to watch the proceedings. You get the feeling that there are more than just the two of them protecting the gun shop, but it’s not like you plan on trying them or anything.

“I was hoping to trade for weapons and ammo,” you reply to the man on the roof.

“This is the right place then,” he says, then asks again, “What do you got?

Showing the man everything you could conceivably trade, you hash out the details and:

1. Offer the gun collection from your neighbor’s house as primary trade and walk away with two pistols, a shotgun, a scoped rifle, and hundreds of rounds for each weapon.

2. Offer the gun collection from your neighbor’s house as primary trade and walk away with two pistols, a shotgun, an AK-47, and hundreds of rounds for each weapon.

3. Offer some of the medical drugs you’ve recovered as primary trade and walk away with two pistols, a shotgun, and a hundred rounds for each weapon.

4. Offer your shotgun as primary trade and walk away with two pistols and a hundred rounds for each weapon.

5. Offer your pistols as primary trade and walk away with your shotgun and two hundred rounds of ammo.

6. Decide to leave.

First things first, no to 3 and 6.
Alright, let's look at what ammo you could get out of this trade for which guns:
  • Two Pistols: 9mm pistols, basic and reliable. They carry plenty of rounds, but aim for the head and you can be quite efficient with each one. (1, 2, and 4)
  • Shotgun: A 12-gauge, pump-action shotgun is a zombie-killing classic. You're gonna need a backup when you run out of ammo, though. (1, 2, and 5)
  • Scoped Rifle: It's a high-caliber hunting rifle with a scope, presumably bolt-action. At a distance, this is a weapon of high advantage. (1)
  • AK-47: 7.62x39mm stopping power, even in semi-automatic, is a force to be reckoned with versus everything, also it's an AK-47. (2)
Personally I've got my eyes on 1 and 2, because the gun collection really isn't needed in my opinion. And my verdict?
I would rather have ammo for a scoped rifle over the AK-47. While the Russian rifle is classic and reliable, the hunting rifle is going to be extremely useful for those distant targets that are going to be very hard to hit with the use of your eyes only. Plus, being able to see things from afar with the scope is even better when there's several rounds of ammunition underneath that scope.

I dunno if the gun collection includes the scoped rifle or the AK-47 depending on which option is chosen, but regardless of whether or not that is the case I would still want that hunting rifle ammo.

1. Provided we shoot first, that Sniper Rifle will prove very reliable against human targets.

And we'll have plenty of ammo for that shotgun in case we get into close range with zombies or crazy people!

First things first, no to 3 and 6.
Alright, let's look at what ammo you could get out of this trade for which guns:
  • Two Pistols: 9mm pistols, basic and reliable. They carry plenty of rounds, but aim for the head and you can be quite efficient with each one. (1, 2, and 4)
  • Shotgun: A 12-gauge, pump-action shotgun is a zombie-killing classic. You're gonna need a backup when you run out of ammo, though. (1, 2, and 5)
  • Scoped Rifle: It's a high-caliber hunting rifle with a scope, presumably bolt-action. At a distance, this is a weapon of high advantage. (1)
  • AK-47: 7.62x39mm stopping power, even in semi-automatic, is a force to be reckoned with versus everything, also it's an AK-47. (2)
Personally I've got my eyes on 1 and 2, because the gun collection really isn't needed in my opinion. And my verdict?
I would rather have ammo for a scoped rifle over the AK-47. While the Russian rifle is classic and reliable, the hunting rifle is going to be extremely useful for those distant targets that are going to be very hard to hit with the use of your eyes only. Plus, being able to see things from afar with the scope is even better when there's several rounds of ammunition underneath that scope.

I dunno if the gun collection includes the scoped rifle or the AK-47 depending on which option is chosen, but regardless of whether or not that is the case I would still want that hunting rifle ammo.
Totally agree with that in depth analysis. I'm going with 1. as well.

We need medication, ammo and food. The less useful item that we have is the gun collection, which we don't have the ammo for. 1 or 2 then. As a player who uses discretion before brutal force, I will go for being a sniper. Same than my partners in survival then.

(Sorry for the delay everyone! Anyway Option 1 has been chosen with 4 votes!)

You make your trades and head back to the SUV with your new arsenal – feeling a little bit safer now that you are properly armed.

“Wow, that was so scary,” your wife comments as you get in.

“Yeah,” Jacob adds in support.

“I’m just glad it worked out,” you reply, “at least now we have some arms and ammo. Here, let me show you the basics before we go – just in case…”

You then take a minute to show your wife about firearms, the safety, loading and unloading, and how to aim, fire, and clear a jam. She’s clearly not eager to ever have to handle such a thing, but pays close attention all the same. As it is, you give her the extra pistol and tell her to keep it handy. Jacob also watches in fascination, but you’re obviously not going to arm such a young kid or at the very least... Not yet.

Starting the ignition and leaving the sportsman’s club and gun shop behind, you head closer to your daughters’ elementary school. It’s actually a large school complex with buildings for the Elementary, Middle, and High school grades, plus the School Administration, all together in one place. It includes playgrounds, baseball diamonds, soccer fields, tennis courts, and an outdoor football stadium. A small river runs along one side of the complex, while a large country club and golf course borders two full sides of it. Beyond the complex itself are high-end private estates and houses.

Normally, you would get to the school complex by driving down the road between the river and golf course, but you are a little worried about how many zombies might be in the area and drawing too many to the sound of the SUV as you drive in.

Another option would be to go one road past the school/river road and actually drive into and park at the country club itself. You’re pretty sure that the country club wouldn’t have been as crowded as the school complex the morning of the outbreak; and you could sneak across the golf courses to the school complex from there in relative silence.

A final option would be to go two or three more miles out of the way and drive entirely around the complex to come in at it from one of the private estates on the other side – parking at an abandoned one and sneaking toward the school through the property behind the houses.

1. Drive straight to the school complex

2. Park at the country club and move across the golf courses on foot

3. Go all the way around to the other side of the school complex to park and walk in on foot through the housing

2. Well, driving through a pack of zombies if probably a bad idea, and taking the extra-long route would probably be a waste of time, so i'll just go with the halfway route. And if there are still too many zombies... well, we'll improvise.

I actually like the first option. Time is not too big of a factor for me, but it does help that this option ensures that we get to the school as fast as possible. The deciding factor is that the road is situated between the river and golf course, which offers a very far field of vision. In addition, the river also acts as an natural boundry against zombies, and the golf course allows us to make a quick getaway as needed. Keeping in mind that we decided to take the sniper rifle, taking a route that allows us to see threats from afar and stay in our SUV which doubles as protection and transportation seems like the best option compared to sneaking through residential streets or walking through the golf course.

Oh, man. I was totally fine with just walking through the golf course, but that first option is looking pretty good now. That's an overwhelming amount of pros there.
Think I'm gonna go for the first as well, and drive straight to school.

(Option 1 has been chosen with 2 votes!)

You drive down the road between the river and golf course, initially not seeing any zombies when you first turn in. Unfortunately, there are a few of them wandering on the golf course and they begin chasing after you the moment you pass by. Things really start to get bad however, when you pass the outdoor football stadium and suddenly find hundreds of zombies pouring out from it toward the sound of the SUV. To make matters worse, a few hundred are also coming at you now from the school complex itself.

“Greg – Greg!” Your wife cries in fear as they close in, and Jacob hides down between the seats, but you don’t really hear her, being more horrified to see both children and adults of all ages among the hordes. So many innocent lives lost! Is it even possible that your own two daughters were somehow insulated from this madness? You force yourself not to search through the countless faces of death for those of your own children.

A moment later, and both the road ahead and the road behind are crowded with the undead, lumbering at you hungrily. You look toward the complex’s main parking lot and see a massive cluster of school buses and cars all crowded together there – and some evidence of fender-benders among them. The fifty or so buses in the district must have already arrived at or near the school when the outbreak started. With news coming across their CB radios of the emergency, they would have all gathered at the school rather than trying to take kids back home. The rest of the cars look like a mix of the faculty those already parked in spaces and parents rushing to the scene to try to gather their children before it was too late those crowded and even slammed into one another around all the buses.

As for yourself, you quickly run out of anywhere to go and begin slamming the SUV through the undead choking the road around you. In a matter of moments, you’ve gathered too many bodies up under the vehicle and it slows to a stop – wheels spinning ineffectually in all the slippery gore!

“Don’t stop Greg! They are going to get us!” Laura screams in alarm.

As the windows are smashed out all around and a myriad of grasping claws reach in for you and your passengers, you begin plying death among them fiercely, with all the weapons at your disposal, until you eventually run out of both ammo and strength and are overrun.

As disembodied screams fill the air and the living flesh is ripped from your body by the greedy teeth and claws all around, you take comfort in having made it this far. Having at the very least, come to join your own wife and if they were not lucky... Your daughters here in undeath…

END

(Looks like you guys got a bad roll, bad enough it warranted death, so for anyone that's new and missed out on how this works, once you die, we will still carry on with this as I want to keep going with it and I know you guys would too, but this choice has now been marked for death every time you pick it, so 1 is effectively useless, and from here I am gonna put up your stats, with a permanent counter showing how many times you have died.)

Here’s a rundown of how you did –

You have died: 2 Times

You Killed 113 Zombies

???

???

???

???

You Killed 1 Hell Hounds

???

You Killed 2 People

You Saved 0 People (including yourself, unless you died)

You were eaten by 708 Zombies

(Anyway here we go again, from top!)

You make your trades and head back to the SUV with your new arsenal – feeling a little bit safer now that you are properly armed.

“I’m just glad it worked out,” you reply, “at least now we have some arms and ammo. Here, let me show you the basics before we go – just in case…”

You then take a minute to show your wife about firearms, the safety, loading and unloading, and how to aim, fire, and clear a jam. She’s clearly not eager to ever have to handle such a thing, but pays close attention all the same. As it is, you give her the extra pistol and tell her to keep it handy. Jacob also watches in fascination, but you’re obviously not going to arm such a young kid or at the very least... Not yet.

Starting the ignition and leaving the sportsman’s club and gun shop behind, you head closer to your daughters’ elementary school. It’s actually a large school complex with buildings for the Elementary, Middle, and High school grades, plus the School Administration, all together in one place. It includes playgrounds, baseball diamonds, soccer fields, tennis courts, and an outdoor football stadium. A small river runs along one side of the complex, while a large country club and golf course borders two full sides of it. Beyond the complex itself are high-end private estates and houses.

Normally, you would get to the school complex by driving down the road between the river and golf course, but you are a little worried about how many zombies might be in the area and drawing too many to the sound of the SUV as you drive in.

Another option would be to go one road past the school/river road and actually drive into and park at the country club itself. You’re pretty sure that the country club wouldn’t have been as crowded as the school complex the morning of the outbreak; and you could sneak across the golf courses to the school complex from there in relative silence.

A final option would be to go two or three more miles out of the way and drive entirely around the complex to come in at it from one of the private estates on the other side – parking at an abandoned one and sneaking toward the school through the property behind the houses.

1. Drive straight to the school complex (This option killed you last time)

3. Go all the way around to the other side of the school complex to park and walk in on foot through the housing

Last edited:
Suddenly, Greg stops dead as he has a vision. A vision that seems to display the death of himself, his wife, and Jacob in gruesome detail. And it was a result of driving straight towards the school.

My God. are the first two words to form within Greg's mind. There's so many of those things in there. No way a loud approach would've worked at all.

Ok, country club then. We're moving across the golf course this time, should make things way easier for us.

Whelp, bad dice rolls happen. I'll also vote to walk across the green, I don't like the sound of enclosed spaces during a zombie outbreak.

(I think you may have addressed this before, but is there a chance that all choices fail due to dice rolls? Or does the second option we choose always work out for us.)

(Option 1 has been chosen with 2 votes!)

You drive down the road between the river and golf course, initially not seeing any zombies when you first turn in. Unfortunately, there are a few of them wandering on the golf course and they begin chasing after you the moment you pass by. Things really start to get bad however, when you pass the outdoor football stadium and suddenly find hundreds of zombies pouring out from it toward the sound of the SUV. To make matters worse, a few hundred are also coming at you now from the school complex itself.

“Greg – Greg!” Your wife cries in fear as they close in, and Jacob hides down between the seats, but you don’t really hear her, being more horrified to see both children and adults of all ages among the hordes. So many innocent lives lost! Is it even possible that your own two daughters were somehow insulated from this madness? You force yourself not to search through the countless faces of death for those of your own children.

A moment later, and both the road ahead and the road behind are crowded with the undead, lumbering at you hungrily. You look toward the complex’s main parking lot and see a massive cluster of school buses and cars all crowded together there – and some evidence of fender-benders among them. The fifty or so buses in the district must have already arrived at or near the school when the outbreak started. With news coming across their CB radios of the emergency, they would have all gathered at the school rather than trying to take kids back home. The rest of the cars look like a mix of the faculty those already parked in spaces and parents rushing to the scene to try to gather their children before it was too late those crowded and even slammed into one another around all the buses.

As for yourself, you quickly run out of anywhere to go and begin slamming the SUV through the undead choking the road around you. In a matter of moments, you’ve gathered too many bodies up under the vehicle and it slows to a stop – wheels spinning ineffectually in all the slippery gore!

“Don’t stop Greg! They are going to get us!” Laura screams in alarm.

As the windows are smashed out all around and a myriad of grasping claws reach in for you and your passengers, you begin plying death among them fiercely, with all the weapons at your disposal, until you eventually run out of both ammo and strength and are overrun.

As disembodied screams fill the air and the living flesh is ripped from your body by the greedy teeth and claws all around, you take comfort in having made it this far. Having at the very least, come to join your own wife and if they were not lucky... Your daughters here in undeath…

END

(Looks like you guys got a bad roll, bad enough it warranted death, so for anyone that's new and missed out on how this works, once you die, we will still carry on with this as I want to keep going with it and I know you guys would too, but this choice has now been marked for death every time you pick it, so 1 is effectively useless, and from here I am gonna put up your stats, with a permanent counter showing how many times you have died.)

Here’s a rundown of how you did –

You have died: 2 Times

You Killed 113 Zombies

???

???

???

???

You Killed 1 Hell Hounds

???

You Killed 2 People

You Saved 0 People (including yourself, unless you died)

You were eaten by 708 Zombies

(Anyway here we go again, from top!)

1. Drive straight to the school complex (This option killed you last time)

3. Perhaps heading towards the private property here wouldn't be such a bad idea. It wouldn't be so crowded by zombies and there would probably be survivors around to help you. They're holed up there somewhere but you just gotta keep looking until you spot one. You could introduce yourself as one of the parents of the students here and ask for any news. It's better to be told what happened by the locals so you could get a good idea of our situation here. They could tell you where the surviving students are locked up, where the parents went, anything! Going there without a plan, without any information is just plain suicide. You'll just get your wife, Jacob, and yourself killed if you suddenly think you're going to Indiana Jones your way out of this. And god forbid, don't rush in like Leeroy Jenkins, we know what happened with Option 1.

I agree with Heisenberg on this one. Furthermore, considering the number of zombies, stealth is a vital point of the plan, along with a way to kill zombies at a distance (we have the sniper riffle for that). Of course, we can't kill them all with it, but a member of the group placed on a roof (which means that he/she is out of zombie's range) that distracts the undead when a second group member (probably us) sneaks into the building to save the girls, maybe finding others survivors and supplies? That's, according to me, a valid plan. Of course, being on the golf courses would be great considering that it is an open field where we could set traps, but we don't have the material to build deadly traps. We could also go the Walking Dead way and use the guts of a zombie to create a camouflage, but the risks of infection and detection are too high. 3.

(Alright it appears that we have a tie amongst all 4 of you guys, which means I need to act as a tie-breaker again, so as has been discussed earlier, its quite painfully obvious a massacre of people happened in the chaos, as zombies got to them all, now obviously 1 didn't work out due to being loud, (also bad roll) so its either you go for the long route or the mix between the two, personally given the haste of the situation, not knowing whether our daughters are still alive amongst there, and if they are there's no telling how much time is left, especially considering when you all found your wife she was not in the best condition, and I am adamant about the fact that it IS possible to stealth through this, especially in a situation where if this were a movie or anything else the obvious choice would've been some zombie killing bonanza even though we knew how that turned out, also I feel like our daughters are the priority over knowing more about the apocalypse currently, there's still many chances to do so. So my choice is Option 2, so Option 2 has been chosen by tie breaker!)

You turn into the country club drive and are relieved to see no zombies on this side of the large fancy buildings that currently block your view from the rest of the golf courses. Of course, if you can’t see the golf courses from here, then any zombies wandering out on the links can’t see you either.

You quickly pull the vehicle over to a large open shed filled with nearly a hundred electric golf carts and shut her off; noting that while the country club appears to have been opened during the initial outbreak, only two other cars are currently in the lot.

You then take a moment to instruct Jacob to wait here in the SUV for you to return and help secret him under a blanket, in case any zombies happen to wander by while you’re gone.

“Hurry,” is Jacob’s anguished plea as he complies with the plan.

“I don’t suppose I could convince you to wait here in the SUV too, while I go scout out the situation ahead could I?” you ask your wife Laura.

She just gives you a look like you’re some kind of crazy man.

“No, I didn’t think so,” you respond, “but I had to ask.”

“We’re in this together and I’m not going to lose you a second time,” Laura replies; then adds: “Are you sure he’ll be safe out here alone?”

“The zombies I’ve encountered seem to respond only to seeing or hearing you,” you explain, “As long as he says hidden, nothing will try to get into the empty vehicle with him.”

“Oh, ok,” your wife agrees hesitantly, then leans down to whisper to Jacob – “We’ll be back as quickly as possible Jacob. I really look forward to introducing you to my two daughters.”

You genuinely hope that the boy will have the opportunity soon, but a part of you is having difficulty not preparing yourself for the possibility that it might never happen…

Grabbing your weapons and gear, the two of you hop out of the SUV and listen carefully. Even from here, you can hear the din of zombies all the way across the golf courses at the school complex – god, there must be hundreds, if not thousands of them, to make such a racket.

“What the heck is that?” Laura asks.

“Zombies,” you reply simply, “Are you ready for this?”

“No,” your wife answers honestly, “but I’m not leaving your side no matter what.”

“Fair enough,” you say, “Just stay close then.”

Laura nods and the two of you cautiously creep to the edge of a nearby building, where you can peer around the corner to survey the area standing between you and the schools. It’s a long field of carefully tended at least up until a few days ago golf links; complete with sand traps, ponds, and a nice lining of shade trees and ‘rough’ along the edges and at strategic points along the way. If you’re careful, the two of you should be able to move stealthfully through the tree lines and from sand trap to sand trap without being seen by zombies.

Way down at the other end of the links, you can see the line of trees that separates the golf courses from the school complex itself. And while you can’t see it from here, you know that the outdoor football stadium and athletic fields are just on the other side of those trees, then the complex parking lots, and the buildings themselves. You know that you need to get to that tree line without attracting any attention – and then see how to proceed from there.

Speaking of attracting attention, you notice a small crowd of zombies, perhaps fifteen or so in number, actually out on the golf course itself. As you and your wife observe them, they appear to be chasing an unusually large groundhog around for some reason. The creature scampers around with them following, only to duck into a drainage pipe. The zombies, crowd around the pipe, and then the groundhog-thing bolts out and runs across the greens to another place of refuge and so on. If the zombies weren’t flesh-hungry cannibal dead that wanted to rip your brains out, you might actually find the whole thing a little amusing.

As you lean against the corner of the country club building, you suddenly realize that the building itself looks completely intact. Peering into a window, you see no signs of barricading, looting, or even that anyone had been inside at all during or since the initial outbreak. Is it possible that the building has been completely overlooked? Now that you think of it, you remember that the country club has a small bar and offers a lunch and dinner menu throughout the week in one of its fine halls. There may still be a stock of food and drink in there that you could salvage!

1. Take the time to search the country club for food and supplies before heading out across the links

2. Stealth across the links on foot

3. Take an electric golf cart – it will attract the zombies that see it, but can also outrun them and is a lot quieter than a car...

4. Holy crap! Is that a giant swept-wing sickle-bladed course mower in the shed with the golf carts?!? You might be able to use it to mow down those zombies out on the links... Or not... Hard to tell...

Definitely not 4. Any vehicule, as badass or big than it is, can be overturned by zombies and trap the users inside. Having too much supplies would slow us down, but we will not survive for long without clean water. The question is: will it be possible to come back at the golf club after the operation?

These preoccupations aside, an electric golf cart could still allow a stealth approach and allows us to move faster, but it will become useless once we are near the school (too easy for them to see us, and escaping without our children is not an option). It would be a great way to escape once we are done, however. The best solution would be to use the cart to transport some water (which will then not encomber us) and to proceed on foot once we are close of our objective. After the mission, we take it back. 1 and 3.

I mean, we can't not choose 1, that's just something we have to do.

Afterwards, we can think about that electric golf cart. It's definitely going to be a lot better for this than our car, and there shouldn't be a whole lot of zed crossing our path, so that one's a done deal.

4. gave me a genuine laugh, but it wouldn't be feasible...or would it? It's all dice rolls anyways. Nah, better stick with the safe option and search the country club, time is only nominally a consideration here.

( The Omen of Death The Omen of Death I'm probaly going to take a break submitting choices, I'll still be following along though.)

(Option 1 has been chosen with 3 votes!)

You and Laura cautiously move to the entry of country club building where the bar and diner hall are located and try opening the fancy double oak doors. They’re locked tight, but it’s a small matter to pry them open with the hook of the fire axe. Going inside, the two of you see some small signs of activity, which lead you to believe that a small staff might have been here early in the morning on the day of the outbreak, but then locked up and left in a hurry when they heard what was going on.

As it turns out, the place has not even been plundered yet and is completely intact. Moving quietly through the building, you and your wife find and break into both the liquor stores and the pantry of the country club dining hall. There’s so much stuff – bottled water, booze, fruit juices, canned goods, pickled goods, dry goods, and stale albeit still edible breads – that you won’t be able to take the half of it. Checking the walk-in refrigerator, you find the majority of things spoiled inside, except for some crates of carrots, some onions, and potatoes in sacks.

Realizing that you’re probably only going to get this one shot at all the goods, you and Laura take quite a bit of time sorting through it all and taking only the most practical and beneficial. An hour later, and your vehicle is packed to the gills, with only enough room left in it for you and your passengers to barely squeeze in between all the supplies.

With that out of the way, you take another look around behind the buildings and consider your best bet at getting across the links and to the school complex. Hopefully, there are at least some survivors still trapped inside – and your two daughters among them…

1. Stealth across the links on foot

2. Take an electric golf cart

3. Can’t resist that giant swept-wing sickle-bladed course mower...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back