• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dying Light: SafeHouse Diaries.

bingus44

Elder Member
The Basic Dying light Lore

For those of you who don't know what dying light is, it is a zombie survival game, with a twist. So the regular zombies are just your average stupid zombies, but they are still tough. For example one person alone could be easily killed by about three zombies or maybe even one if he/she is caught off guard. so the twist I spoke of earlier is at night time some special zombies come out called night hunters/volatiles, and they are strong as about ten zombies and will chase you down and run faster then you and are stronger then you. So you do not want to fight them, it would take about two - four people to kill one. Survivors never really want to go out at night unless they have to because of the night hunters, at night there are regular zombies out also.

Weakness of the night hunters/how to survive night hunters.

I bet you are curios on how humans are still alive with the lurking night hunters, well they do have one MAJOR weakness, UV light. For those of you who don't know UV light comes from the sun, when UV light hits the night hunters it burns their skin, it doesn't kill them but it hurts them enough to make them run away. When they run away they do not give up though, after the UV light stops they will come right back at you. During the day when the sun is out there are absolutely no Night hunters out due to the sun being out and constantly having UV light everywhere, so they hide in the sewers or dark tunnels during the day.

Why don't night hunters just go into safe houses at night and kill everyone?

The reason night hunters don't go into safe houses at night is because every functional SafeHouse has huge UV spot lights covering them. They have the UV lamps charge during the day then activate at night time constantly shining UV rays at the safe house, so night hunters don't go any where near the safe houses, but they are always lurking outside during the night.

So how do you kill the night hunters?

The trick to killing them is UV flashlights. Every basic and smart survivor will have a UV flashlight because they aren't too rare or too hard to find. The flashlight can only shine for 10-15 seconds then it has to charge for about 10-15 seconds before a second use. It is only a temporary way to escape the night hunters. Also while you had them stunned with the light you could try to attack them, but they are only stunned for a few seconds do you'll probably still die anyways, so you might as well run while you have the chance.

Now our story.

We are going to make the story together obviously, but my basic plot Is that we have a SafeHouse guarded by our UV lights, and our safe house is full of our supplies. The problem is our UV lights have about 7 days before they run out and our safe house goes dark. Now your wondering "what's the big deal, why can't we just go to another safe house?" The problem is we have a stockpile of food and supplies so we can't just bring it to another SafeHouse because the next SafeHouse is two miles away and already full of survivors, also if we tried to walk there bandits would murder us if they saw us with our supplies and what not. Oh yeah did I mention bandits? Because there sure are bandits. They are just humans that are just plain evil, they kill, rape, steal, and pillage so you don't want to be around them.

So what we want to do in our story is find new UV lights for our safe house. Earlier I said UV flashlights aren't that rare, but UV lamps and big spot lights sure are rare. So we can't just go to the general store and purchase them, it's going to be real hard to get them. Also don't worry that I said only seven days, of course the rp will be longer then seven days long, it'll be as long as we are interested in it.

Who in looking for to join.

Ok so if you are still reading this I'm Going to guess you are interested in joining yeah? So if you want to join you must have good grammar, be interesting and contribute to the story with good ideas, be pretty active like 3-4 posts a day. I'm very active and will be in for large amounts of time, and you should be able to write AT LEAST Two big paragraphs each post that are detailed.

The two paragraph minimum is of course shortened for conversations, it is sometimes tough to get two paragraphs from a conversation. For me I generally write 3-4 paragraphs.

So yeah please he a pretty good writer if you want to join.

Thanks for reading!

I'd be very interested in this rp. I haven't played the game as of yet, but i've played many that are similar and have experience in writing this type of survival roleplay. I've got plenty of time to kill and could do with a partner who can write the same quantity and quality as me. Drop me a pm if you're interested.

Lumeneire said:
I'd be very interested in this rp. I haven't played the game as of yet, but i've played many that are similar and have experience in writing this type of survival roleplay. I've got plenty of time to kill and could do with a partner who can write the same quantity and quality as me. Drop me a pm if you're interested.
Hey, it doesn't matter if you haven't played the game because it's not too deep, I basically explained the only big stuff you have to know, so you're all good!

Greg2344 said:
Hey, it doesn't matter if you haven't played the game because it's not too deep, I basically explained the only big stuff you have to know, so you're all good!
Yeah, I pretty much thought that. Reminds me of the 7 days to die mechanics. I'm willing to start now and jump in if you are :)

Lumeneire said:
Yeah, I pretty much thought that. Reminds me of the 7 days to die mechanics. I'm willing to start now and jump in if you are :)
As am I, I'm going to make the thread in like five minutes.

Greg2344 said:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/dyinglight-safehouse-diaries.93660/ also one other person is going to be in the Rp with us, are you cool with that? I'm not going to let anyone else in because I don't like a large group, it seems groups above 3 or 4 go dead quickly because it's too hectic to manage a story with a bunch of people adding to it.
Yeah that's fine. I enjoy writing in groups, I'm just sick of the large ones where no one pays attention to each other lol

Lumeneire said:
Yeah that's fine. I enjoy writing in groups, I'm just sick of the large ones where no one pays attention to each other lol
That's exactly how I feel. Also I'm working on my character right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back