Dungeons and Dragons on RPNation?

DemetrioMachete

Messiah of the New Night
So as an aspiring DM I have wanted to run a 5e campaign for some time.

Ive been piecing a story and setting together, bit by bit.

I am familiar enough with the mechanics to make them work.

But how would I go about accomplishing this, here?

I recall a time when rpn had an actual die roller function in its codes, but I think that has been done away with.

I am on my mobile half the time, so I cant efficiently use Skype or Discord 

How would you run and recruit for a d&d campaign here?

you post an interest thread in the Dice interest checks. it also bothers me that there is no dice roller anymore. this is because the old dice roller had 2 interfaces, but no way to store character sheets or additional profiles on an account, the first interface merely rolled a specific number of dice and required you to insert more dice by clicking some buttons, and the second let you roll for exalted. which merely handled exalted.

Well I know that much about Interest checks.

But with no dice roller it puts a huge hamper on things, truly. Can't simply rely on a gentleman/lady's code that they're legitimately rolling dice.

Both the Pathfinder game I'm dming myself and the other dice rps I joined agreed to let the dms do the rolling, at least as long as there's no dice roller here. Works out well so far.

there are third party dice rolling sites. or simply GM rolls everything.

though i would use either the array or point buy for character generation to compensate a missing dice roller.

If you ever get this little RPM Campaign started, I would love to join. I love to play D&D. And you won't need to worry about me lying about my rolls. I will be entirely honest about them. I won't do something asshole-like and say I got a 19 or something when I roll a 1.

I'm a total noob to this tabletop stuff. Looks too complex for me, in all honesty.

I'm a total noob to this tabletop stuff. Looks too complex for me, in all honesty.

Should join one of my entry level games sometime, if you're interested in giving it a stab. Trust me.

Meanwhile, I've been using this site for all my games on RPN. 

http://coyotecode.net/roll/

I tend to just trust my players, though - I have absolute control, so faking you rolls only hurts you in the long run.

I am no master in the art of playing "Complex" dice roleplay via play by post but I would suggest a few things :

- If you are new, maybe try to find some good and nice veteran to play with you. They will probably make their sheet easily and be proactive.

- Have a co-gm

(Completely out of context, but two days ago, my players got a streak of 5 natural one. We calculated the odds based on the number of total rolls and there was 15 % of the rolls that were critical. Damn our luck was drunk.)

Also, I'm sure I've inflicted this on you before, Demetrio, but it never hurts to keep it in circulation.

D&D is a Robust High Fantasy System that is heavily focused on Resource Attrition

i would love to point you to Savage Worlds, a far simpler system with a lot less book keeping that can run a broad list of Genres and is friendlier to reskins, commonly called trappings and with fewer rules exceptions. it is also cheaper. like 20% of the price.

If you are starting a DND campaign i would love to join in, I have had my fair share of IRL DND, but i have never tried to do it online. I would love to try, I will also promise to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back