• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dungeon escape (Sherwood, MrSaturnUL, Noam, Endless_Stars, and Psychie)

Chkalli prepared herself to move forwards. She thought through what spells she knew... The Aarakocra was reassured that she would be useful in a fight at least. She stood shoulder to shoulder with Norda. The shorter ranger was a steadying presence to Chkalli.

"I'm ready as I'll ever be." Chkalli trilled nervously at the thought of a fight.

The hallway got darker and darker as they went down, till the point the only light they had was the torch they carried. Everything went well until a loud roar was heard and it was heading their way not revealing how far away it was or when it would get there to try and kill them and possibly eat them if that’s the reason why it attacked them. There was no way to know, but what could be said that it would be there

Athaclenna looks out with her darkvision, trying to spot what it is that is making the noise.

And I don't see squat. lol

Sasha glances back at the spellcasters. "I don't suppose one of you has a Light spell that you can use to add to our illumination? I would hate to drop the torch and be completely in the dark."

Chkalli went through her list of spells in her head. For someone clearly scared of the dark she had a noticeable lack of light-making spells. The Aarakocra silently cursed her past-self-that-she-doesn't-remember for her pore choices.

"Snap, you got anything?" Chkalli chirped hopefully.

Despite the loud noises that the thing caused no one could see it yet either because of the darkness or the fact that is wasn’t close enough yet was unknown to the adventurers.

Norda drew an arrow, expecting an ambush by the creature, but in the meantime, she had to rely on her vision, which didn't serve much whatsoever.... With a hopeful glow of sorts, she attempted to reason with herself mentally, "Perhaps our creature is in another room that just so happened to be near us... Yes, that's most likely the case...."

In the meantime, she would attempt to look for a door or other entrance into the hallway they were in.

(Italics from me are thoughts.)

Coming into view is the silhouette of a bear shaped creature with feathers it was ready to fight and that was made clear by a roar and the scratching of it’s claws on the cold stone ground
Everyone it is time to roll initiative down below is the set up, yes I know it’s bad but I had nothing else2954816B-B473-4097-97B3-EF1C4AA22040.jpeg

Chkalli was not okay with this. There was a monster, it clearly wanted to kill them. She prepared to kill it with fire, or something.

(My total is 13)

Initiative roll for Athaclenna +2

And I get a whopping 3.

With a clasp of hands, Snap threw up a light spell, illuminating the horrifying bear creature before them. He immediately wished that he hadn't.
Initiative for Snap:

The owl bear prepares to fight by using a mighty roar and scraping his claws on the cold stone ground it walked on
12 total, Psychie you’re up first

With her spear in one hand, Sasha takes a swing at the Owl Bear, then follows up with a nasty kick to try and take the monster out of the fight.
Spear strike misses, but the follow up kick does 7 points of damage.

Hit Points: 9
Hit Dice: 1d8
Initiative: +4

Proficiency: +2

Number of Attacks: 1
Armor Class: 17

Weapons
Spear

Main Hand: +6, 1d6+4 piercing
Both Hands: +6, 1d8+4 piercing

Unarmed Strike
Main Hand: +6, 1d4+4 bludgeoning

When you use the Attack action with an unarmed strike or a monk weapon on your turn, you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action. For example, if you take the Attack action and attack with a quarterstaff, you can also make an unarmed strike as a bonus action, assuming you haven't already taken a bonus action on this turn.

Chkalli took a deep breath and casted Magic Missile at the feathered monster. You could never go wrong with Magic Missile...

Did 12 force damage)

The owl bear attacked the monk who was the first to attack it, using it’s claws first. Unfortunately for it, it misses the monk by a hair, but it doesn’t give up so easily so it lunged forward and attacked with it’s beak, but completely missed them

Last edited:
A bear with feathers. Not the ideal enemy she hoped to face, but it works.
Aiming her longbow, she attempts a shot at the chest.

Snap clutched desperately at his medallion and felt it pulse under his hand, alive with magic. On instinct, he lifted his hand, and a stream of white fire shot out of the end of his fingers. It struck the bear-creature square in the face, scorching it.

Athaclenna shakes off the sudden shock she felt when she saw the monster in front of them, and steps forward with her sword and lets go with a powerful swing.
Hit Points: 13
Hit Dice: 1d10
Initiative: +2

Number of Attacks: 1
Armor Class: 18

Weapons and Armor
Longsword, Versatile
Main Hand: +6, 1d8+4 slashing
Both Hands: +6, 1d10+4 slashing

Javelin x5
Main Hand: +6, 1d6+4 piercing, Range: 30 ft/120 ft thrown

Users who are viewing this thread