• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dungeon Adventure Roleplay Idea.

BlacklegSanji

Cook of the Thousand Sunny
I got this idea for a roleplay thats sort of complex. Essentially it will be a role play inspired by many works of fiction (video games, books, anime, movies, tv series, ect) but a world of its own, with loose leveling mechanics and dice mechanics. The Roleplay will essentially take place in a world of magic and adventures where the goal is essentially to clear a massive dungeon that grants the person or people who clear it massive rewards unlike any they have ever seen before. As for the mechanics there wont be any classes, essentially everyone can do the same things but skills and spells will come about depending on the characters experiences and their fighting styles, for example someone who prefers heavy weapons will get skills that grant them bonuses with heavy weapons and so on. Also every character will essentially have a god or deity they follow which will essentially grant them boons as they grow stronger. The players and enemies will have health bars that essentially meaning your character could possibly die should they fight enemies that are too difficult for their level. Characters will also have certain abilities (strength, Agility, Vitality, ect) That will increase in rank based on what they do that will allow them to attack more effectively. There will also be various other minor skills that can be utilized throughout the role play. There will also be a money system and a drop rate system which can be used to purchase and make other items. I play on coming up with a bunch of more features for the role play and it could take a while for me to actually get a lot of this stuff done but for now I'd like to know who would be interested in a roleplay like this.

Interested but, will there be no Atheist character made? So, each and every character has an idol or deity to follow? Also, the idea of combat seems cool but, will we be rolling dice? If so, I'm down for that!

The idea is that the gods will be the ones granting their perks, magic, and so on, as well as boons related to that god, so atheists would essentially be powerless. Also with the dice it will be a combination of both dice and writing, the dice will be mainly for player versus player fights and larger mobs or newer mobs in the dungeon, smaller mobs and such will be limited to writing their defeat just to speed up combat and such.

So, if I were to make a gambler-type magician, he would have to follow a specific god of that type of magic? Like a gambling god?

The gods are likely going to be based off of gods from various cultures such as greek and norse and combining them as it will let me focus more on deeloping the mechanics than worrying about making up a list of fictional gods, so for a gambler type you'd likely be more inclined to worship Hermes or Ullr, both gods of games, and would grant you special boons related to your god. The magic however is essentially a common system no matter who you worship, the gods give you the ability to use it, but its the same as what any other god would grant, magic will eventually develop depending on your characters Experiences, how often he uses magic, his level, his personality and so on granting you spells in relation, so no two characters will end up exactly the same.

So, is this kind of like Danmachi where the gods/goddesses are literally walking around bestowing their gifts, or more like DnD where the they sit around in some other plane of existance listening to prayers?

kind of like both, they sit around in another place but they are quite active with their followers, though unlike Damachi they build groups around themselves, rather just offer an individual power, so basically two people could meet and follow the same god and have no idea unless they wish to share it

The idea is that the gods will be the ones granting their perks, magic, and so on, as well as boons related to that god, so atheists would essentially be powerless. Also with the dice it will be a combination of both dice and writing, the dice will be mainly for player versus player fights and larger mobs or newer mobs in the dungeon, smaller mobs and such will be limited to writing their defeat just to speed up combat and such.
Can I have Fruit Jesus as a deity?

The gods will mainly be based off the old gods, and even though I appreciate the reference ( and Im pretty sure ive seen it, even though I have no idea where its from, ive literally just spent a half hour searching fruit Jesus and I have not found a thing, feels like it was from one of Seth Meyers shows...) there will be no fruit jesus

The gods will mainly be based off the old gods, and even though I appreciate the reference ( and Im pretty sure ive seen it, even though I have no idea where its from, ive literally just spent a half hour searching fruit Jesus and I have not found a thing, feels like it was from one of Seth Meyers shows...) there will be no fruit jesus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back