• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

BadUpdate504

Supreme ruler of all things (that I wrote)
Welcome. This is the universal interest check for the upcoming release of the new Dune movie.
It is also the check for previous adaptations and the original novel.

It is also a good idea to write your own interest check just in case. You should add a link to your interest check in your comment.

If you wish to advertise your interest to everyone else reading this check please copy and paste the following in a comment below:

-Literacy Rating:
-Long term or short term RP:
-Prefered post length:
-Activity Level:
-Romance or Platonic:
-Mxf or lgbtq+ friendly:
-I prefer to play male or female characters:
-I prefer my partner to play:
-I double yes or no:
-Triggers:
-Fandom RP or “inspired by”/original RP
-How long have you roleplayed for:
-gist of what you would like to play:
-SPOILER="Writing Sample:"
/SPOILER
Please fix your spoiler coding by adding the missing brackets
If you I don’t… I know I won’t need to contact you… jk sorta

(Disclaimer: RPN doesn’t like my phone/device and occasionally introduces text errors. I apologize I will proofread a couple of extra times.)

My example:
-Literacy Rating: Semi-Advanced Lit.
Wtf does this mean:
*Advance Literary:* End all advanced. You should probably only label yourself this if you are a college professor or you could write a college essay with no editing. Word perfect 95% of the time with excellent grammar.
*Semi-Advanced Lit*: Not exactly perfect, but pretty damn good most of the time. Your spelling isn’t perfect all the time but you correct anything that the computer highlights and you don’t need grammarly to construct a sentence. Your run on sentences and fragments are stylistic decisions not accidents. You know how to use punctuation and most of the time, your grammar isn’t going to annoy most partners.
*Literate:* Your human. You duck up sometimes. You would never send your post to your highschool grammar teacher. Sometimes the computer says the sentence is wrong but you don’t know why and you didn’t understand it’s explanation. But the language your writing is still in fact English.
*Semi Literate:* Not everyone cares what your writing looks like. It’s okay to be classified here. It is not okay to classify yourself above this level if you are not above this level. You didn’t spell check your post. You will not spell check your posts. If you did there would probably always been some editing to do. You don’t always punctuate your sentences (correctly.) You don’t care if what you write annoys anyone.

-Long term or short term RP: Long term
Wtf does this mean: If you believe you won’t always be roleplaying for the rest of your life, you should probably tell your RP partner how long you believe you will have to work on your RP for.

-Prefered post length: Novella
Wtf does this mean:
*One liner:* precisely what it sounds like. One sentence at a time. Or less.
*Single Paragraph:* also what it sounds like. More than three sentences.
*2-8 paragraphs:* also about what it sounds like. Two paragraphs, three, four… you get the point.
*Novella:* Always more than four paragraphs. Often times you overwhelm people who aren’t prepared to rock a RP. Sometimes you just go and go and… go… and you don’t always know when to stop but it’s not yet. Conversely you love to be sent text walls that never end.

-Activity Level: Daily
Wtf does this mean: How often you will be able to post and reply. Suggestions Monthly, bi weekly, (is that the right spelling? Means every other week or so) weekly, twice a week, 3 or 4 times a week, Most days, on a schedule, Daily or multiple times a day.

-Romance or Platonic: ROMANCE
Wtf does this mean: Romance: There will be someone hitting on your character at some point in time. Love is probably going to come up at some point. Remember please, RPN does not allow Smut. Never under any circumstances should you advertise for it.
Platonic: Love will never be the interest of the RP subject matter.

-Mxf or lgbtq+ friendly: MxF
Wtf does this mean: Your most comfortable writing this type of romantic relationship

Or Under 18

-I prefer to play male or female characters: Female

-I prefer my partner to play: Male

-I double yes or no: YES

-No triggers
Please just go google it.

-Fandom RP or “inspired by”/original RP:
Original RP
Wtf does this mean:
Fandom RPs stick more or less strictly to the fandom universe. Original or inspired by means that we are taking inspiration from dune, but we want to remain open to changing elements and doing our own world building. Some people feel really blocked in by sticking to cannon. Others find that people who don’t want to do any world building do not usually meet their literary expectations. Yes, that is just as judgmental as it sounds.

-How long have you roleplayed for:10+years
Wtf does this mean: some people only want to play with other people who are not newbies. Some people specifically seek out newbies. (No I swear sometimes I do this depending on the style I want to RP.)

-
(So this is me on top of my game. Here my partner threw me a curve ball, I was expecting her to catch him at the ship’s airlock, but her post ended with him waiting for him in his room. Sooo had to come up with a plausible explanation on the fly. This is playing off another novella style writer, don’t let the wall of text intimidate you, I normally match.)
When the door slid open energy poured into the room. Serenity was wild-eyed and desperate. Almost before the door was open she suddenly there, like she’d teleported. Stopping only because the ship’s AI warned, *Don’t touch!* via her cybernetics implant her head. Only then did she see his wounds but she was already reaching for him. The suddenly awkward fluster might have been hilarious under different circumstances.

She’d been crying and it had dried. Suggesting that she’d been delayed getting here. She dropped her hands, finding instead an undamaged arm. Taking another step she leaned up and kissed the top of his head, saying “We’ve got you. Your home,” as her head dropped beside his ear.

She didn’t know if *home* was the right word. But she didn’t figure home couldn’t be any other place for him. Serenity remembered how he’d been happy at the party her first night here and couldn’t imagine he’d rather party elsewhere.

She made herself comfortable on the edge of the bed. His hand in her lap nested in her far hand and the other on his arm and wrist. When they were done with their greeting she told him, “Nothing important’s happened here. The fightings moved out of this sector. Just a distress call or two was the only excitement. The flight crew has me playing poker most every night.” She knew if she didn’t keep taking her throat would tighten up and she’d break. Besides she knew her voice would be soothing even without checking his biometrics. “I’ve done every battle sim any of us could think of so there will not be any more surprise malfunctions,” she tried to assure. Serenity had run them more to keep herself distracted and put her worried energy into something productive. Most of the sims she’d run by herself... every day. She’d been playing music and reading books constantly to keep herself from thinking otherwise. Slept hardly at all. At this point she wasn’t listening to herself and realized she was telling him that she’d been playing That Sound Bite every night on a loop until she could sleep. Suddenly embarrassed she explained, “The clip I saved from,” she had to clear her throat, it was a soft noise, “the night before the rendezvous.” She glanced at him to see if he recalled. Only then did she seem to register his condition.

Then bow was breaking, she couldn’t hold in the misery of the last two months, eyes dropping she turned her face away as the heat poured down her face. “Sorry. I’ve been missing you,” she explained it wasn’t about his injuries. At least not entirely. She’d actually been telling herself he was in his cabin the whole time, just resting up. That he wasn’t in a slave camp being tortured, just in here letting her run things for him. Now the fantasy fell apart.

She would have been at the airlock had Nessa and John not stopped her. They explained he would be in rough shape but she hadn’t believed it—or hadn’t cared. They explained that he wouldn’t want her to see him that way and that she had to wait. She relented but they’d been called to a skirmish and by the time he’d opened the door for her she’d been needed on deck. She’d spared Kory and Nessa because she, John and the AI could compensate well enough. She’d gotten here as fast as she could. “Tell me **this,** was worth it. That you wanted to do this,” she demanded now. Voice rough and raw.

But she knew he couldn’t answer. How could he? “No more Marcus.” Serenity whispered.

“No more camps.” Admiral Tal could stick it up her ass. Serenity would have done it for her. She could have shot the admiral at that moment if she’d been on board to shoot.
Wtf does this mean:
Usually people only want to see a sample to check that your literacy rating is accurate or that your specific writing style isn’t annoying to them. Don’t try to impress people with something special, just use a garden variety post from your last RP or state that you don’t have one yet.

Below is the rest of my personal interest check. Please feel free to send me a DM if you’re interested. Please copy the interest check suggestion to paste in your message to me. I have a feeling I’m about to be inundated especially of this Ponzi scheme works.

Someone who is/has:

~ Roleplayed +2 years.

~ Committed, long term partner(s).

~ Active, preferably multiple times a day.

~ Uses Discord.

~ Spelling and Grammar: understandable/readable.

~ Quality over quantity. **Just let me know up front what length you’re comfortable with.**

~ Male characters or at least NB.
For at least one main role.
Will double if you have something in mind you want me to play.

~ MxF Romance, yes please.
I can be talked out of doing romance but that’s what I’m craving right now so good luck.

~ I don’t do face-claims.

~ No fandoms…
That’s usually a completely different animal than the role play I’m looking for.

~ No triggers here/if you do, tell me.
I like to go into dark backstories.

~ Writing sample,
Yeah I kinda need one, your last good post will do.

-I’ve roleplayed for 10+years
(Well before I could write worth beans) and I’m looking for a serious long term partner, so if you are prone to ghosting for a month or so at a time… (good luck with your search have a nice day.) I have a tendency to lose interest if it takes weeks for someone to post. That doesn’t include time to recover, do life, emergencies, ect. This should be a healthy relationship.
-Discord.
I am stranded on my cellular data at work, which will significantly impact my replies most evenings. If my home wifi is down I dead in the water. Plus RPN’s text editing introduces quite a few errors and that’s frustrating especially for the length of post I normally roleplay with.
-I’m “Advanced Literate,” 3+ paragraphs average
I’m primarily seeking other Advanced partners. Your spelling and grammar does NOT have to be perfect, just understandable. But for the love of god please use quotes around dialogue. I’m not perfect, and I post when I’m exhausted, I’m not going to catch every mistake but my writing is readable and won’t bother most people. Sometimes I use sentence fragments. On purpose. Sometimes I write run on sentences because one thought leads to another, but it doesn’t make sense in my brain to end the sentence yet; get over it.
-Quality over quantity.
**Again: just let me know up front what length you’re comfortable with.** You need to be able to carry the story line and give me a decent idea of where the scene is heading. Sometimes people can’t do that even if they can write novel sized posts. Sometimes that can be accomplished in half a paragraph, it’s all in what the scene calls for. I almost always match. Always going to put in as much effort as you can send me.
-Pairings:
MxF or any combination of Nb. Poltonic only on FxF or MxM, sorry it’s just not what I’m comfortable with. I enjoy writing two character partnerships that don’t necessarily lead to kissy kissy. But I do love romance. I’m definitely hoping for more people to play male characters in my life soon, but I love doubling so I will happily do the same.
-I’m 27y
I don’t care how old you are but if you are in school let me know so I can target your available hours. Not actively looking for NSFW.
-Very flexible
Problem? *tell me about it.* Not working? *let me know, I don’t mind backing up*. Having a tough time replying for any reason, *Come ooc chat with me and we can work it out or just be friendly.*
-Post frequency
I do have a job, mentally health issues & parents who need an increasing level of assistance. I expect to be able to reply AT LEAST once a day. I really would like for you to be able to send something daily too.
Genres
I RP to escape real life... Not really interesting Modern or Real Life type RP. I am really really craving Cyberpunk right now but anything that can have a form of technology is great too.
-No Reference sheets/face claims
I do have reference material for my main muse Serenity but I do not do character reference sheets and face claims and so on for other characters. A few of my cooky cutter characters have face claims because I was desperate enough to appease whatever partners I could find. I get wanting to have visuals but I’m not particularly interested in finding pictures for every character. I always describe characters in RP intro anyways. If I haven’t written in enough detail, ask for more. Physical appearance is very superficial. That should not be your first impression of my character or my writing.
-Plotting and ooc chat
definitely a necessity right now. I want to know where we’re going well enough that I can really get into my posts. We will need to discuss the main characters, a current conflict, setting and era before we get started. I love to do world building and that won’t stop once we get going. We don’t need every detail of the world immediately before we actually RP but I want enough to be comfortable. I expected my partner to actively add ideas and details and flashbacks to explain and expound.
-No triggers here
Please don’t forget to tell me if you have any!!
-I don’t Fandom
I have found that if someone wants to use a fandom they get stuck on canon details that don’t fit or they aren’t really interested in expanding our universe. I don’t mind referencing material to help build ours, but I’m not into fandom universes anymore. It’s a completely different style of RP most of the time so I usually run the other direction these days.
-Time Zone: PST
Bananas!
-Discord
My network hates this website. But there is nothing like this website for finding partners. DM for my handle pleeeeease.

I have a bunch of ideas but I prefer to get to know you a bit before we start plotting. DM me if you're available!

• Do you use Discord? (Please send me your handle. I’m Transformation over there.)
• How long are you interested in role playing for? A few weeks/a month or two/summer/this semester/winter/a year or two?
• On a scale of one to five, Five being, that you like to write completely Improv, and One being you like everything planned out no matter what, what number would you assign yourself?
• How long have you been RPing?
• How flexible do I need to be when you need to take a break?
• Triggers?
• How annoying can I be before I get my ass in trouble?
Lol. Don’t read too much into these.
Now my biggest problem so far is that people get started with my plots… and then they lose interest and poof. Gone.

Now, tell me every plot idea, interest and vague idea you have. We will build something together that we both want.

I was going to suggest the daughter of the emperor as an OC but I read the wiki notes about Princess Irulan Corrino and decided that what I was going to do might as well have been the canon character anyways. So that’s one option if you want to do something with her at any point.

Then I would use the name Grace for a captured Sardaukar soldier. (Probably not supposed to have been captured, but she saw she was screwed and believer or not, recognized her dying served no purpose.)

Or I could go with a Harkonnen slave girl who was “given sanctuary” by Fremen. She may have been Jessica’s younger sister, possibly half sister. And was a favored child until an accident nearly (and in truth) killed her. She was brought back from the brink by technology and might be a construct now. Stolen by the Fremen at a young enough age that she has the benefit of being considered one of them. Maybe harboring some unhappy feelings about being abducted by a slave class.

Obviously I wrote this check for Dune but if your interested in everything I might be talked into writing, check out the pairings below.

Please suggest any pairings you don’t see here!
Interchangeable Roles either one of us could play: AI, Aliens, Escaped lab experiment, Refugee, Soldier, Spy, Pilot, orphan and Thief

(My character right X Your on left: )

Orphaned kid x Soldier
Equipment x Post apocalyptic survivor
Spy x handler
Soldier x orphaned kid
Lab experiment x lab experiment
Doctor x Lab experiment
Lab experiment x Doctor
AI x Creator
Escaped experiment x (almost anything)
Soldier x (cyborg) prisoner
Refugee x (almost anything)
Human x Alien
AI x Alien
Personal AI w/bad update x Human
Equipment x Space Pirate/Raider
AI x Thief
AI x Pilot

Last edited:
Bump. Added potential characters:
I was going to suggest the daughter of the emperor as an OC but I read the wiki notes about Princess Irulan Corrino and decided that what I was going to do might as well have been the canon character anyways. So that’s one option if you want to do something with her at any point.

Then I would use the name Grace for a captured Sardaukar soldier. (Probably not supposed to have been captured, but she saw she was screwed and believer or not, recognized her dying served no purpose.)

Or I could go with a Harkonnen slave girl who was “given sanctuary” by Fremen. She may have been Jessica’s younger sister, possibly half sister. And was a favored child until an accident nearly (and in truth) killed her. She was brought back from the brink by technology and might be a construct now. Stolen by the Fremen at a young enough age that she has the benefit of being considered one of them. Maybe harboring some unhappy feelings about being abducted by a slave class.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back