• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings dune-inspired (or just a m// science fantasy rp)

bitterblue

still scared and blushing
  • hi rpn, i go by blue. i'm aroace and am comfortable with any pronouns

i'm 18 and while i usually don't care for my writing partner's age, this time i'd prefer if my partner was also an adult. i want to explore some more emotionally intimate topics and wouldn't feel comfortable writing those out with a minor

so first thing's first: all writing will be done in third-person's pov, tense doesn't really matter to me

i don't do novellas but i don't do one-liners either. neither do i not mirror post length, nor do i expect it. i personally don't care for word count but detailed writing is of paramount importance; i want to feel what your character feels, paint the scene for me!

no irl face claims. it's so tedious searching for ones that actually fit the character i have in mind. written descriptions are more than sufficient

moodboards and playlists make me go .·*✧*˚·.·*✫˚

ooc discussion and the ic story needs to progress via a bilateral effort. i hope it doesn't devolve to only one of us pulling the weight

i prefer rp-ing over discord because rp-specific servers/channels make organisation very efficient, but will write in public rpn threads as well!

also, it's probably good for me to mention: nsfw content goes against site rules so strictly fade to black for that!

wait for the signal and i'll meet you after dark
about me/requisite
hi rpn, i go by blue. i'm aroace and am comfortable with any pronouns

i'm 18 and while i usually don't care for my writing partner's age, this time i'd prefer if my partner was also an adult. i want to explore some more emotionally intimate topics and wouldn't feel comfortable writing those out with a minor

so first thing's first: all writing will be done in third-person's pov, tense doesn't really matter to me

i don't do novellas but i don't do one-liners either. neither do i not mirror post length, nor do i expect it. i personally don't care for word count but detailed writing is of paramount importance; i want to feel what your character feels, paint the scene for me!

no irl face claims. it's so tedious searching for ones that actually fit the character i have in mind. written descriptions are more than sufficient

moodboards and playlists make me go .·*✧*˚·.·*✫˚

ooc discussion and the ic story needs to progress via a bilateral effort. i hope it doesn't devolve to only one of us pulling the weight

i prefer rp-ing over discord because rp-specific servers/channels make organisation very efficient, but will write in public rpn threads as well!

also, it's probably good for me to mention: nsfw content goes against site rules so strictly fade to black for that!
ic story
if age gaps (think 17-19 x 25-27) bother you, i advise clicking off this thread right now

i'm an absolute SUCKER for the unhinged feral menace x hopelessly charmed trope i.e. muse A who's younger and unexperienced with behaviour/anger/parent issues, and an older muse B who takes one look at A crayon-ing "fuck this place" and goes "yup, that's my problem now"

also, puppy crushes are adorable so yes, muse A hates B but also wants their attention all the time and terribly desires their approval which just leads to increasingly tsundere interactions fueled by A's insecurities and eventually, B has to sit A down to explain "you will always have me, i am always. always. on your side and there is nothing that would make me give up on you"

for the setting, i want a mystical/fantasy sci-fi. think dune except i've only watched the movie

so we have a primary location like caladan (geidi prime would be interesting to write in too!) a mystical lush oceanic planet. then there's muse A's parents' gritty stone castle. addition of oceanic races and kingdoms would be super cool too

military elements and war is something i definitely want to introduce to the story as well. sprinkle in some political struggle and some morally questionable bene gesserit shenanigans and you have my full attention

ALSO idc if caladan has dragons/sea serpents or not because (sea-)dragon riders are super cool and we should totally incorporate them

i probably sound so fuckin lame lmao. i HAVE bought the first book btw, i'll start the series next week though i do feel like i have a pretty good concept of the lore already (mostly about the bene gesserit because i have a crush on jessica 👉👈)
"romantic or platonic?"
this is not a parent/child or platonic mentor/mentee rp

it's more akin to... when the internet watches a show with two "bros" and afterwards, everyone's involved in heated discourse about whether or not they were romantically involved. canonically, no they weren't but goddamn, they sure treated each other like lovers and there was definitely tension between them

THAT. that is what i want to write. romance without the pressure of an endgame romance. an emotional fraternal bond without one of us going "uhh..." if mc says some corny shit like "show me the places where the others gave you scars" or "i'll draw stars around your scars"

the reason why i explicitly stated "this rp is not for people who're bothered by age gaps" is because whether the relationship becomes explicitly romantic or stays ambiguous, the point remains: there is an age gap present between ocs (because angry kid with a rebellious streak x the only person they listen to is one of my favourite character dynamics 🤷)
code by blue ・゚✧

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back