TV & Film Dumbass movies you enjoyed watching

Winter_Wolf

you had me at whiskey
Got one—or more—of those? Movies that are ridiculous, dumb, and/or laughable, but you still enjoyed them for one reason or another?

For me it was the Goosebumps movie. Watched it this Easter at my cousin’s house during a party. Now I did have several beers before we got to watching it, and we laughed at several of the movie’s mechanics, but ultimately we all enjoyed the spectacle.

Oh and I guess there was Sharknado some years ago too! It was fun to watch and make fun of with some friends.

Fateful Findings. It's a very, very low budget movie with god awful acting and it is hilarious.

Also, Samurai Cop.

Revenge of the Red Baron. Tobey McGuire attempts to survive the Red Baron resurrected as an RC plane model of himself while dealing with a cruel and unforgiving universe where everyone hates him and eventually gets killed by the Baron.

That really crappy CGI-animated Lorax movie, back when it first came out. Can’t remember exactly how old I was, but I actually kinda liked it (even if I did think some parts of it were stupid). I thought it was good fun.

Watched it again slightly more recently and had a very hard time getting through it. Dunno what I liked about it the first time...

Kung Fu Hustle is amazing, and just about anything by Stephen Chow is.

Case in point:

Flash Gordan. The soundtrack is an absolute banger, but otherwise it’s a very, very weird movie. Also probably the only movie that I’ve seen where the side characters are better acted than most of the main cast. It’s definitely a “pop a massive bag of buttered popcorn and get the gang together” movie.

Got one—or more—of those? Movies that are ridiculous, dumb, and/or laughable, but you still enjoyed them for one reason or another?

For me it was the Goosebumps movie. Watched it this Easter at my cousin’s house during a party. Now I did have several beers before we got to watching it, and we laughed at several of the movie’s mechanics, but ultimately we all enjoyed the spectacle.

Oh and I guess there was Sharknado some years ago too! It was fun to watch and make fun of with some friends.

Which one? I think they made two but didn’t advertise the second one at all, so nobody really went to see it. Well, at least I didn’t see it. I can’t speak for anyone else.

Which one? I think they made two but didn’t advertise the second one at all, so nobody really went to see it. Well, at least I didn’t see it. I can’t speak for anyone else.

The first one. They definitely set it up for a sequel in the end, anyways.

The Duff. Not super dumbass but really cliche in a way that it’s sort of self aware of what it is, and I think that makes it enjoyable.

literally all the d&d movies, i make a habit of rewatching them every once in a while just to remind myself they actually exist lol

Not sure if it's a dumbass movie, but I can never get bored of watching Hot Fuzz.

the adventures of shark boy and lavagirl is objectively not a great movie but whenever i watch it i'm instantly transported back to being 14 and having a lust for adventure and conviction in myself that just did not carry over to my adult years.

Dude Where's My Car? When I was growing up, this was my jam. Watching it now I still laugh, but I realize how dumb it was.

I think It was this movie called Freaks of Nature. Real dumb and super weird yet It was enjoyable to watch; weirdly enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back