• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy DSSSE - Awkward Acronym RP Gang OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Euclid Leaf

Metamorphasis, Genesis, Metastasis
Supporter
Here is OOC. Might be used a lot, might not.

Do you prefer an OOC or do peeps prefer another means of having out of character chatter? Let me know!

If you have any questions about the RP, feel free to leave them here as well.

here is the discord server, if you wish to join. It's not mandatory.

Or you can add "Shura-Yuon#9724" on discord for a personal invite.

Last edited:
Howdy howdy! Just a few questions if you don't mind!

1. Am I to assume that the nature of names is similar to the idea of 'true' names where they hold power over someone if you know it?
2. How do Entities manifest themselves? Is it whatever they represent or is it really up to them? (i.e an entity representing the concept of greed would be an amorphous slot machine or something)
3. Are Entities lucid while in a contract? Such as the Entity being able to convey thoughts within their contracted person?
4. And if so, if one has contracts with multiple Entities, would they all be lucid or would that be determined during the process of a contract?
5. How do the powers of someone with a contract manifest? Is it like a Stand or something along the lines of Persona? Do their bodies change to represent aspects of that entity?
6. Is there the possibility of using Discord? I'm not opposed to OOC though I would prefer Discord.

Remembrance Remembrance

Howdy howdy! I would never mind! I am happy to serve!

1. Similar, yes.
Certain Entities will have powers that will work if they know a person via their 'birth name', true name, etc. There have been events where Contractors have used Entities to target specific people with certain supernatural abilities by knowing their real name. But not all have this ability. Just a safety precaution. Don't want to randomly combust into flames one day.

2. It is a mix of both, I won't be too strict on this. For one such as Greed, well, it can appear in many ways, as Greed comes in many forms. Most of the time, Entities are amalgamations of things they are related to. Some come in the form of inanimate objects, even. Be creative, have fun with it!

3. Yes, they are aware and they can communicate. Some don't care if their Contractor dies, and some might find it 'inconvenient'. They are 'immortal' in essence, but they can die, temporarily, and will suffer extremely without the 'wholeness' of humans. They can be contracted to care, but that usually comes at an extra cost.

4. As mentioned before, they are all aware of what happens to their Contractors. Entities are even aware of what happens to multiple Contractors they are bound to simultaneously. Some are more talkative than others. Some don't even talk at all.

5. Their bodies do change, but what is lost and gained depends on the Entity at hand. A contract's Seal can come in many forms, a body marking, an object, even as a companion. If one is contracted with use the 'arm' of an Entity, they would have full capabilities that this arm can provide. And it may manifest like a spirit, or physically from a portal nearby, or it would just replace their own arm. Just as an example. To have a 'stand' means one would have to be in contract of the full power of an Entity, to use its 'whole body', essentially. The 'complete package' can be quite powerful, and would often require a very high price to pay. But not all the times.

If you, or anyone else for the matter, requires assistance determining proper bargains, balanced powers of certain entities, feel free to ask here or via PM.

6. I'll see what I can do!

Last edited:
Remembrance Remembrance

Howdy howdy! I would never mind! I am happy to serve!

1. Similar, yes.
Certain Entities will have powers that will work if they know a person via their 'birth name', true name, etc. There have been events where Contractors have used Entities to target specific people with certain supernatural abilities by knowing their real name, etc. But not all have this ability.

2. It is a mix of both, I won't be too strict on this. For one such as Greed, well, it can appear in many ways, as Greed comes in many forms. Most of the time, Entities are amalgamations of things they are related to. Some come in the form of inanimate objects, even. Be creative, have fun with it!

3. Yes, they are aware and they can communicate. Some don't care if their Contractor dies, and some might find it 'inconvenient'. They are 'immortal' in essence, but they can die, temporarily, and will suffer extremely without the 'wholeness' of humans. They can be contracted to care, but that usually comes at an extra cost.

4. As mentioned before, they are all aware of what happens to their Contractors. Entities are even aware of what happens to multiple Contractors they are bound to simultaneously. Some are more talkative than others. Some don't even talk at all.

5. Their bodies do change, but what is lost and gained depends on the Entity at hand. A contract's Seal can come in many forms, a body marking, an object, even as a companion. If one is contracted with use the 'arm' of an Entity, they would have full capabilities that this arm can provide. And it may manifest like a spirit, or physically from a portal nearby, or it would just replace their own arm. Just as an example. To have a 'stand' means one would have to be in contract of the full power of an Entity, to use its 'whole body', essentially. The 'complete package' can be quite powerful, and would often require a very high price to pay. But not all the times. If you need help determining proper bargains, balanced powers of certain entities, feel free to ask here or via PM.

6. I'll see what I can do!
Thank you, thank you! I will certainly DM you with a question of mine. I do have one question I'd like to ask here.

Does the 'price' have to be physical or can it be something non-physical?

It can be anything that a contractor 'owns', and that an Entity desires. And it can be non-physical.

Precious memories can be a price, for example. These are things Entities really like, since they don't have lasting memories.

Emotions are another, since Entities, too, lack the range of emotions humans tend to have.

Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf I don't have any questions or concerns right now, but I did wanna say I don't like you right now! Your art is beautiful and the fact that you think it is ugly, when I can't draw a straight line with a ruler, makes me giggle 😅

BFabulous BFabulous LOL. I think it's just because I have high standards for myself... speaking of which, I still have so much work left to do... ugh...

But even if you don't like me, I still like you! So there, take that!

I've been asking people recently as well, how do you feel about Discord? You like or you hate it? How would you rate it?

I don't have any questions or concerns right now, but I did wanna say I don't like you right now! Your art is beautiful and the fact that you think it is ugly, when I can't draw a straight line with a ruler, makes me giggle 😅

Not me making that exact argument. 😩 I'm still waiting on for that fight by the way.

JOOP

How do you feel about Discord server? You like or you hate it? How would you rate it?

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

It was the broccoli, wasn't it? > u >
Discord servers are much better for me because I find my RPN alerts are quite delayed and I can send messages quicker through discord ♡♡

ALL HAIL THE RAT KING

rat_king_by_johnsu_d32zfl1-fullview.jpg
Alias: Rat King
Height/Weight: 175cm / 72kg

Trace Records:
New York City wasn't the friendliest place for a growing child even before the Afterlight, so one can imagine what it was like during the emerging global threat of otherworld monsters. As a major international hub city with a large harbor, it was natural that NYC became a hotspot for mass migrations and disaster relief efforts. Overnight the city was packed wall to wall, crammed full confused, scared, and desperate people. And it seemed to be no end. With the sheer number of rescue boats and emergency planes arriving, one might look out on the horizon and think that the stars in the sky had doubled. Not to mention the injured. How is any one city supposed to conduct itself with streets filled with dying people? Even the most business days of Time Square paled in comparison. There weren't enough doctors and staff in the whole world to deal with the amount of bloodied and beaten people who littered the roads outside of the hospitals. If it wasn't bad enough, the Entities appearing from the woodwork and tearing into unsuspecting crowds made it feel like this was humanity's last day on Earth.

"Ain't that the truth."

The Rat King before his bloody coronation was just another victim in the wake of the Afterlight. Like everyone else he'd lost everything. A lone kid with no chances of survival on the hellish overcrowded streets of New York City.

And then he heard a scream that changed his life. Was it for the better or the worse? Even now he couldn't say. He heard a woman's shrill scream and instead of just ignoring it to keep wallowing in his own despair like everyone else who'd given up caring about anything he forced himself to stand up and run towards the sound. He might have nothing, be nobody, might be dead by this time next week, but today, right now, he was alive, and someone needed help.

He came upon a woman collapsed on the ground in terror and a giant, unnaturally so, monster of a rat feasting on the fresh body of a large dog right in front of her. Was she hurt? No the woman was fine, just terrified by the beast that had jumped out at her. He grabbed her and roughly threw her away from the monster as it pulled its head out of the dog's chest and turned its blood red eyes onto him. Did the rat just smirk? It lunged at him.

For a kid with no fighting experience and a stomach filled with nothing but vapors and bloody adrenaline, no doubt having seeped in from internal bleeding caused by the rat monster's heavy impacts onto his thin frame, that he didn't die to the beast immediately was a miracle. He even managed to grab a sharp pole from a broken street sign that he swing around as an impromptu weapon. When he finally collapsed from blood loss, his 'spear' poking through the monster's body. He'd done it. He didn't even remember why he was fighting a giant rat to the death. The woman he'd saved was nowhere to be seen. The space he'd been fighting the rat was encircled by a still sea of... dark fur and beady eyes all staring at him. Ah... I must have killed their leader. Now I'm going to be eaten by these rats...

"ALL HAIL THE NEW RAT KING"

A thousand shrill noises overlapped and blended together into that declaration as he passed out and dreamed of the Rat King.

In the decade or so since the Afterlight changed the world, the Rat King has become a sort of mythical being to the people of New York City, especially among those of the slums and back alleys. "Do not harm a rat." "Thank the Rat King when you see one watching." They speak of him with complete faith that he exists and is good, despite no one having seen the Rat King in person, because they can see his work every day. Entities appear inside the city and are immediately swarmed by rats, criminals find themselves circled by rats bearing teeth in warning, bags of food and other supplies show up on the backs of rats exactly where they're most needed, and so on and so on. So ask any person who's ever spent a night sleeping on the New York streets and they'll say without a doubt that "The Rat King is real."

The New York Agency of Civil Contracts has attempted to contact the Rat King on multiple occasions, but has been unable to meet him in person, always finding one of his rat-filled avatars waiting for them instead of the real Rat King. He has displayed willingness to cooperate with and work in tandem with the Agency but not for them. The Rat King protects New York City, and so long as the Agency is working towards that goal he will not interfere with them, but that does not mean he approves of the Agency as a whole. His eyes have seen the kinds of monsters the Agency keeps under his city, things he wouldn't be able to protect the city from if they got free, and he does not appreciate the Agency taking that kind of risk with the lives of his city's people.

Exploits:

-- Case #81 from the New York Agency of Civil Contracts.
A Proximity Threat Entity identified as an Alligator Entity emerged from the city sewers and began rampaging. Before any Civil Contractors could respond, the Entity encountered a massive swarm of rats and was quickly devoured. The swarm of rats responsible could not be located. Miraculously no deaths resulted from either the Alligator Entity nor the unnatural swarm of rats. At the time the name Rat King was unknown.

-- Case #257 from the New York Agency of Civil Contracts.
An aquatic Entity attacked and sank the civilian-carrying ship Knarr in the Hudson. Once again before Civil Contractors could respond to the threat, a swarm of rats was already attacking the Entity. Only three deaths resulted from this case despite there being two hundred people aboard the Knarr when it went down. The survivors all claimed, in varying degrees of awe and terror, that "the river was entirely covered by rats" and that even when they were sure they were drowning and dead that rats underwater found them and dragged them back to the surface. At this point the name Rat King and his role as protector of New York City was beginning to spread.

--Local Rumor from the New York City slums
"Some disease started spreading through the slums here and there then all of a sudden it was everywhere. People falling dead left and right. Calling it the New Black Death. No one was doing anything to stop it. Wasn't much anyone could do. Busy barely surviving day to day. Medicine? Couldn't afford that. Then one day a wave of rats all organized like pass right through, scampering right over your feet and checking in tents and every little hole they found. They killed a bunch of things. Dogs, cats, whole lot of themselves, rats that is. They killed the things they found and didn't like and didn't leave any scraps to temp the starving to pick at. The people that saw the wave reach the river say a bunch of the rats threw themselves into it and drown themselves. Don't know what to make of that. But don't you know, the plague started disappearing right the next day. Guess the rats got rid of all the animals that was spreading whatever it was that was going around. Real nice of them. Makes me a bit sorry for the ones that tossed themselves into the river. But me and the rest, we know if we see a rat now to thank the Rat King and let it be."

Contracted Entities:
NY Giant Rat Entity // - Proximity Threat - All food smells and tastes rotten and rancid to the Rat King. He also lost his body heat and sufferers extreme anxiety if separated from his rats.
Contract Seal: The seal is a heavy fur coat that upon closer examination is actually many live rats clustered together.
The Rat Entity is able to sense and command all of the rats in a wide range, including the ones that make up its seal. Many small rats can be merged to form larger rats, but two larger rats can be spawned directly from the seal itself. These two rats are unique in that they have a single eye each and posses intelligent and autonomy far above the other controlled rats. These two rats are named Freky and... Gary. In addition to controlling an army of rats, the Rat King can share his senses with any rat he controls to see through their eyes, hear through their ears, taste what they... ew that's gross. You get the idea.

NY Traffic Entity // - Recon Threat - Rat King lost the ability to disobey traffic lights and road signs. Even when just a passenger in a vehicle he gets deeply uncomfortable when the driver disobeys lights or signage.
Contract Seal: An old broken lighter that doesn't light.
The Traffic Entity forces Rat King to obey all road lights and signs, a huge inconvenience in a place such as New York City. But in exchange it allows him to control the lights. Just by flicking the old lighter he keeps in his pocket the Rat King becomes the god of New York's traffic lights. Taxi drivers and commuters live and die by his whims. Ahem, but really it does let him change traffic lights to what he wants. This is his Control. The Rat King has a second contract with the Traffic Entity that allows him to Enforce the absolute rules set by his Control over traffic lights. In exchange for not being able to cross any roads or get in any wheeled vehicle for a length of time based on how long his Enforcement stays in effect, the Rat King can force all vehicles in a given area to obey the rules set by traffic lights or signs. An example is instantly stopping a vehicle driving past a stop sign or through a red light.
ALL HAIL THE RAT KING
This isn't serious I just wanted to put it up to share, so it's going here instead of cluttering up the character thread.

Last edited:
I believe I've been banned for my like of pineapple Pizza, is this true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back