• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

LunarParadox

The night was young, twinkling stars just starting to show in the sky. The streets were busy, humans and androids alike scurrying about to arrive at Krathe's city center, which was decorated in high fashion. The fountain at the center was draped with glowing flowers - specially designed for the occasion - and the surrounding buildings were covered in banners and lights. It was the celebration of the new year, an event that was met with great excitement by almost everyone and attended by citizens and council alike. And, of course, their android companions. Tables were set up with an array of food and drinks, and the rest of the city center was cleared for dancing. A few people were already swaying on the dance floor, but it was early, and by the end of the night the square was sure to be filled to the brim.

Winter stood against a wall, posture stiff and straight, expression blank. People avoided her as they came into the square - there weren't many who didn't know who she was, and they preferred to keep a safe distance. Not that it mattered, really. It didn't affect her ability to observe, so she didn't care. Or at least, she was programmed not to care. Deep inside, there was a feeling of discontent, but she ignored it. It was irrelevant to her purpose, after all. A flower from the decorations had fallen down to rest on her left shoulder, but she ignored that too. She looked like a statue standing there, and she expected the situation to remain much the same throughout the night.

"Straighten your posture, you're sulking" Christopher's father placed his hands against his son's spine and molded him into the shape Christopher should have been standing in. Christopher didn't say anything, but he rolled his eyes as the Councilman began adjusting other bits of his appearance. Tugging at his collar, smoothing a wrinkle out of his pants, swiping hair out of his eyes. It really never ended. "You forget you represent this family too, Christopher." Mr. Welkin's said as he looked down his nose at this son. "Don't make us look bad. You should really try and be more like your sister. She knows what she's doing."

Without another word, Mr. Welkin's walked off and enthusiastically greeted other members of the council attending the festival. Christopher looked over at the dance floor where he could see Eloise, his siter, smiling widely and laughing with the rich heirs of other important Krathe families. No doubt hoping to secure an engagement that would earn her even more fame. Standing next to him was his android, Jupiter. A constant companion, and his only companion really. Two years ago he had risked his life to hack into her system and rewrite bits of her code. Allowing him a bit more free range than he might have had if she had kept her factory settings.

"Shall we go check out the buffet table, Jupiter?" Christopher asked the android.

She silently looked over her human ward and shrugged. "Whatever you want. I'm just here to babysit."

Since hacking her, Jupiter had developed a bit of an attitude. Christopher didn't mind it. Actually, he preferred her that way. It made Jupiter feel more human. Even if she did sound like she couldn't stand his presence half the time.

"Then let's go." He turned around and made his way towards the table of food at the edge of the dance floor.

X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
Zayne

X
X
With the bustling of human citizens enjoying the festivities and androids walking around providing refreshments and other services such as food or grabbing whatever needed around the area, Zayne had stood on a sidewalk with his arms crossed and his gaze shifting among the populace. Every so often he would have citizens who passed him give a nod as a form of greeting, in which he returned the same nod before returning to his observance of his surroundings. Zayne was never much for overly large gatherings such as this but indulged in them anyway just for the simple fact that the council was practically expected to be at events such as these, especially since it was a celebration for another successful new year.
Eventually, as the festivities continued on, Zayne had finally decided to move from his spot just to take a stroll along the sidewalk while eyeing those that passed by him. Giving warm smiles here and there just to give off an impression that the enjoyed being there like everyone else as well as attempting to show a form of professionalism as his spot on the council.

During his walk, little caught Zayne's interest, that was until the sound of a rather loud ruckus could be heard nearby catching many of the populace attention that were in the close proximity at the time. Turning his head in the direction the ongoing commotion, he proceeded immediately over towards the sounds only to find that it had been what appeared to be a disagreement between a drunkard human adult male with a teenage human male. With all that was going on, neither party seemed to realize that a councilman was standing nearby observing what would occur next. "Apologize*Hic*you little runt!" The first to speak up was the drunkard while the teenager only laughed and shook his head while pointing his right index finger at the man as the other held onto his stomach. "Look at you! You expect me to apologize to an old geezer like you? C'mon old man, try to keep up!" As the younger male laughed, he soon raised both his fists up to prepare to do battle with the drunkard who immediately raised his fists up as well.

Watching the events before him play out, Zayne could only exhale a rather annoyed sigh while his gaze scanned the two individuals to determine just how physically fit the two appeared to be. Considering the older male was heavily intoxicated and the younger male was not and quite obviously more agile, followed by the younger male's posture, it did not seem like this younger gentleman was going to be leaving the scene without more than a small crime under his name. "Enough." With that one word ushered, those that had surrounded the two as well as the two gentlemen turned their attention over to realize that a councilman had been observing them the entire time. "Stop your bickering and move on. This is an order; you are causing unwanted attention during the festivities." As Zayne demanded the two gentlemen to halt their fighting before any physical harm could be done, the surrounding populace were quick to disperse to avoid being caught in the middle of what was going on. The teenager quickly slipping away into the crowd while the drunkard was far too intoxicated to realize this before it was too late.

By the time the man had noticed the teenager had slipped away, he immediately began throwing a temper tantrum just to be stomping in place and swinging his arms. "Ahh!! *Hic* L-look what you did! That kid owes me another drink! Who *Hic* do you think you are, huh?!" Shouting and pointing directly at Zayne's face by this point, the angered drunkard was far too intoxicated to even see straight and realize that he was facing a member of the council. Without so much as a warning, the drunkard rushed up to him in attempts to strike him only to have his wrist grabbed by Zayne before flipping him over upon his back in an instant. "Security! Get this man out of my face." Within seconds, authorities surrounded the drunkard just to grab him by his arms and begin dragging him off the premises leaving Zayne to dust off his black suit and tie before resuming his stroll once more.

mood: Bored | location: Festival Grounds |Interactions: Open

code: s e v e n

* ~ DJ / 'Chaser' ~ * ~ Markie ~ *

There it was. The buzzing and beeping alert of their Lead Co-ordinator hailing all Mechs n' Techs. A sudden shift in the air. Heightened. Electric. It was go time.

<<And we are live. Right. Standby, everyone... Okay. Confirmation. Andies disengaged from handlers and fams. We have eyes n' ears on the talent...>>

New Year's Eve Gala at the KCC. Yeah, this was a big night and pretty much everyone was on edge. Even Dee showed signs of his nervousness over comms; his normally solid deep voice cracked twice already since it was made known that not only were all families of the Circle of the Sun androids already present but so were the heads of the mega, Armada Inc., the corp that owned majority of entertainment and pop culture social and public media. Anybody who was a somebody in Krathe was out tonight looking to impress and represent their brand/corp. It was time for everyone on Dee's Synthetical team to up their game.

<<A'ight let's go... 10 seconds, people... Angellics arriving backstage... MnT's ready...? Interface in 3... 2...>>

---

Brianna10.jpg
Markie's visor lit up with pix-in-pix, stats, graphs, vitals, text tickers with accurate-to-the-second live Twizzer and other social media feed but most importantly she had eyes and ears of direct Augmented Reality feed coming loud and clear from her Circle of the Sun ward, Desiree-Jeanette. DJ, #theOnlyChaser herself. A deep inhale the young woman took and let out an extended exhale. A gajillion Tweezes and 96.8% positive socials rating. So far so good.

Role call came in from across the rest of the other Mech n' Techs, names and hashtags rattled off in her headset. Markie was up.

"MnT Del Rios here. DJ Chea-Soeur is clear. Chaser is All-Green, no Glitches. #theOnlyChaser up to 97.3% posi across socials, over."

She watched through DJ's eyes as the android ceased posing with the rest of her Angellics troupe. The group of popular Andies was then guided past the red curtain cutting them off from the final photo-op area. This was the one deadzone the Techs were warned about. Dee's text message flashed red; he was transferring feed to external cams aimed at the Angellics.

Markie gasped then let out a fangirl squeal. She had been working with DJ for over a year now, but wow, the android's look never ceased to stop amazing her. A sigh made of more pleasure than relief fell from her mouth as the cameras tracked the performers movements. They were all dressed in matching black, white and silver but all outfits had their own twist or sense of appeal about them.

DJ in particular was rocking a shoulderless and backless black top, kept up by several herringbone chains attached to a choker collar; a signature Shunrei design, no doubt. A flowing smart-weave half-cape draped from the top of her head attached to her wrists and small of her back, waving about as if a soft breeze fell behind her. The double-slit skirt she wore also made of smart-weave, and, living-silver accents danced with her steps, showing off tight fishnets covered by knee-high multiholed suede heeled-boots. One fishnet fingerless glove reached up and primped her electronic re-styled/re-coloured blonde bangs, then moved over to tuck long loose locks behind an ear.

"Daaaayaaaam... my Ms. Dizzy-girl just flexin' an' sexin' it up out there... slammin' hot... damn."

Markie's phone buzzed on the console. As soon as she saw the text, she nearly fell out of her seat: ~Thanks, Markina...! I can feelin' ya sex appealin' too. Girl, I peeped your socials. Red is so your colour. Droppin' hearts for my Ms. Pixie girl!!~

It was from a private number. But there was only one person that called her 'Ms. Pixie-girl'. And that was an android.

~How did you pick up my mic? And how did you get my number?~ there was more she wanted to ask DJ but that was to be investigated later. But stillllll... like just when the hell, did you start talkin'... like me...?!

No answer. Just left on read.

Fingers moved to the on-screen keyboard to ask again--

"Markie! You are needed backstage. Surface malfunction on Chaser. Girl, get on it. I'll cover you. All good. Now let's go...!"

She had jumped when Dee's deep voice sounded out from just behind her, nearly dropping her phone. She nodded and slipped out from her visor and handed it to her team co-ordinator and bestie since uni.

"Ey. Eyo. Straight up... you good, girl...? Kinda' pale--"

"And you kinda' in my way, Dee... hahahah... naw, bruh. We good."

He gave her a taste of her own signature cocked-eyebrow stare for a moment. She faked punching him in the gut. He smiled and patted her shoulder. She returned the smile and made her way to the backstage area. But not before a CotS PR rep dashed over to powder up Markie's face and quickly re-stylized her hair, of course. The Chea-Soeurs always made sure that anyone who would rep for DJ get glammed up just cuz you never know when the cameras are on you...

---

Just before passing the curtain, she re-adjusted the comm-bud in her ear and slipped her ID lanyard around her neck.

Suddenly, the curtain pulled back and out strut DJ, currently a full five inches taller than Markie. The Latina's dark eyes widened and her jaw dropped, she had never before seen DJ as she was meant to be; the one and only Chaser. Well, of course she had worked all the android's internals, externals, software, attachments and upgrades and she knew intimately each and every single use of the components. But she had never seen the full effect of her handiwork in person; face-to-face and looking up at such wondrous visage.
So this was the Chaser all fans dreamed of meeting...

Henna-like patterns of of Liquid Black ink danced across the celebrity's face. Lips shifted subtle shades of red like the ebb and flow of tide. Blonde locks swished lightly to the same ebb and flow of her lips. And those eyes... oh gosh, those green eyes, lit by the subdermal RGB lights just inside her lids. They sparkled and captivated Markie like they had never done before.

Kina6.jpg
Markie almost broke free from the spell, but then Chaser smiled. An small, audible 'oh' she let out. Chaser then scrunched up her nose and giggled before thrusting a fuzzy, pudgy black stuffy cat into her Mech n' Tech's arms.

"This is Puxie. You can hold him."

"P-Pluckie...? Who. Wait, wut...?"
several blinks from big dark eyes and she finally came to, "DJ... how did you come up with that name...? I mean--"

Cameras began snapping from behind them, paparazzi like rabid dogs leaning as far as humanly possible over the velvet rope. Markie blinked several more times as the flashes hit her eyes and she shook her head. Her eyes then rest upon the pudgy stuffy toy. It had one eyebrow cocked up high over a yellow eye. Just like... like I do...

"It's 'Puxie...' hahahah... Anyways. There is a bit of a flap at my armpit. I cannot find a way to put it back..." Chaser reached out and put a hand on her MnT's shoulder.

"I don't see nothin'... maybe the other one? But wait... something weird happened earlier... did you--"

Chaser's other arm reached over and landed on her other shoulder and pulled Markie in a bit closer, "Just check me out would you...?"

The paparazzi were now being held back physically by a wall of hired Security.

Dee's voice broke out nearly shouting with excitement,
<<Markie!! Girl, press leaked photos on socials! You killing it! We almost breaking 99% positives across all feeds-->>

"Wait. Wut? No. I didn't do nothing... I don't see a malfunction, Dee. I'm taking #theOnlyChaser backstage and out of this bullsh--"

<<Negative. Del Rios, stay put. Actually... yeah. Put an arm around Chaser. Fans on socials are calling for a ship!! They gots hold of you... #pixieButt_07. Put an arm around her!! Markie, we can break 99% right now. You trendin as #TinkerButtChaser-->>

"My gosh... how embarrassing... Double negs to that, bruh. We are movin--"

<<Triple negs, girl. Just do it, please. Put. Your. Arm. Around-->>

Markina found herself wrapped tightly around the shoulders, "Don't worry everyone... #pixieButt_07 is gunna fix me good..."

Chaser winked then whisked Markina and the pudgy Puxie away from the rabid paparazzi, ghosting them and tossing the curtain swiftly upward and back down just as fast.

<<Girl, we broke 99% for #theOnlyChaser!! #fixMeGood is trending. Memes are going viral too with the fat cat toy. They lovin' the #TinkerButtChaser!! You Killed it! Girl, we off to a hot start!!>>

Markie's head was spinning trying to digest just wut in the actual eff in the face just happened in the last 100 seconds or so. Then her mind slipped over to her girlfriend. How much of this did Powder see?

P-Prolly too busy socializing and networking a-anyways.... hahahahah...

On the concourse, staring up at the jumbo-screen stood the big, brunette 2-time Octo-Gauge women's champ. Brown eyes darkened nearly to that of all-consuming pitch black just like a shark. White teeth shone neath a red hot sneer. Muscular and tattooed body trembled all the way down to her white knuckled fists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back