• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Drowned Emotions - OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
- So, is it possible that an android be a council member without the knowings of the other council members? Like, being put onto the council far before many of the other members had joined?

If not, I'm cool with that too!

- Androids that develop these 'glitches' and begin to 'feel'...do they go into hiding or is it possible for one to do so?

- I'm aware of this being a futuristic setting and having androids adds to that, however, what kind of other technological advancements are there? What is law enforcement/security like these days? (Drones, airships, etc) What kind of weapons are available nowadays?

- Can androids purchase weapons? If not, what are androids limited to can/cannot purchase?

1. Yes, it is possible that an android could sneak onto the Council. They would need to have wiped their records and forged new identity documents, since androids are all recorded and regularly go under maintenance.

2. They can go into hiding or attempt to hide the glitches in a variety of ways.

3. Weapon technology is perhaps surprisingly behind other advancements because of the Council's insistence on peace. Citizens are technically allowed no weapons, but could reasonably get ahold of something like a simple blade. The Council is the law enforcement and may carry baton-like objects that give off a strong electric shock. Floating vehicles exist, but remain close to the ground so that no one can see outside the city walls. Phones exist and can project an image of the person speaking. Drones also exist but are used only by the Council and not often, as androids are the main method of surveillance.

4. Androids cannot purchase weapons, but may be granted them under authorization of a Council member. They could also potentially shock someone by channeling electricity through themselves.

LunarParadox LunarParadox
Alright! Thank you for the information!
So I am still a bit curious of some more though if you do not mind.

- How many members are part of the council, and do they all agree on an action together before one is taken? Or if an action is decided, is it moreover the decision of the many outweigh the decision of the few?

Hi!!

My turn.

K so like in the write up each family has an android.

Are androids really more like a glorified guard dog or more like an assistant/butler servant type?

Can androids be connected to a family but have other jobs like a android athlete in an all android sport? Or like performers/artist of some kind?

Is there like "Google mines your data and knows everything about YOU!!" kinda vibe in this utopia? Meaning androids have like spyware in them?

LunarParadox LunarParadox

The council consists of about 50 people currently, with 1-2 new members per year. A majority vote is required for major decisions.

Androids can fit both roles - more like the butler type for those that live with citizens, and more like the guard dog type for those that work with council members. They can also have other roles (sports, actors) if it has been programmed. These tend to belong to the wealthier citizen families.

Yes, as per the rule that says everyone must be accompanied by an android, the council's goal is to know everything! You're not supposed to talk about that, though, because they'll know if you do...

Androids can fit both roles - more like the butler type for those that live with citizens, and more like the guard dog type for those that work with council members. They can also have other roles (sports, actors) if it has been programmed. These tend to belong to the wealthier citizen families.

K so my concept is an Aerial/Acrobat type of performer.

The family that owns her has part ownership of a major entertainment corp that owns the retractable roof stadium and other venues. They also have a hand in pushing culture since they fund and promotes multiple live shows/events and also fund android research/designs.

My charrie is in a Cirque du SoleilVisual storytelling type group comprised of androids that have achieved a form of celebrity status. The reason being is that they are prototypes that have been built with lighter, more flexible parts that are just as strong as bone ,perhaps stronger. And they have been fitted with modular LED and sound systems on their forms. They perform at least once a month in the stadium and several other times at smaller venues.

Now the reason i think she becoming a glitch bot is that there is a newer gen of androids coming to replace her. Like cuz her family is who they are, she knows she won't be destroyed and will become a sponsor/promoter/announcer type person but being taken out of the spot light kills her. So yeah. Oops. GLITCH!!

The reason I'm writing this up before submitting is that i wanna see if you down iwth this concept?

If so I may create a member of the family that owns her as a secondary charrie.

K so my concept is an Aerial/Acrobat type of performer.

The family that owns her has part ownership of a major entertainment corp that owns the retractable roof stadium and other venues. They also have a hand in pushing culture since they fund and promotes multiple live shows/events and also fund android research/designs.

My charrie is in a Cirque du SoleilVisual storytelling type group comprised of androids that have achieved a form of celebrity status. The reason being is that they are prototypes that have been built with lighter, more flexible parts that are just as strong as bone ,perhaps stronger. And they have been fitted with modular LED and sound systems on their forms. They perform at least once a month in the stadium and several other times at smaller venues.

Now the reason i think she becoming a glitch bot is that there is a newer gen of androids coming to replace her. Like cuz her family is who they are, she knows she won't be destroyed and will become a sponsor/promoter/announcer type person but being taken out of the spot light kills her. So yeah. Oops. GLITCH!!

The reason I'm writing this up before submitting is that i wanna see if you down iwth this concept?

If so I may create a member of the family that owns her as a secondary charrie.
I like this idea a lot, go ahead! Yes, you may also make a member of the family.

What kind of character do you think we need next to make it a more robust cast??

We are a bit lacking in humans, particularly citizens, but I can always bring in NPCS to fill in if we have a smaller cast.

After some thought I think I will be dropping out of the roleplay, I hope the rp goes well!

No worries!

RP thread will be made in a couple of days, time permitting!
might make a technician charrie. Question: do all humans have to be accompanied by an android at all times or is that only when they go outside?And is it like one family of 4 to 1 android?

might make a technician charrie. Question: do all humans have to be accompanied by an android at all times or is that only when they go outside?And is it like one family of 4 to 1 android?
I also wonder this

When they go outside, and some families only have 1 android. Richer families could have multiple.
That helps me with my post. Thank you. Due to work I will my ost likely be able to reply Sunday as I work from 630 am to 7 PM tomorrow.

Sorry for the randomness of my post.
Lol, I honestly wasn't sure what to do...so just came up with a random encounter with an npc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back