• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
D
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

Navigation

Deadeyelee

a boi of energy
I'm going to be straight with you, I'm not going to go through the effort of making an aesthetically pleasing, graphically coded advertisement. If you got this far it was more than I was expecting. I personally adore the Dresden Files series and would love to run a collaborative roleplay in an alternate universe or another similar urban fantasy setting. I'm open to suggestions, and would be satisfied if led to even finding another fan of the setting. I am fully capable of developing a plot for whatever we come up with, and will work on doing so promptly if anything comes of this. Thanks for your time.

Edit:

Anyways, it's time for me to give this more serious thought. These are all subject to change with outside input taken into account.

The setting would take place in a major North American or Western European city. Somewhere I could research and become familiar with by reading in English. Or we fudge our own analogue or make a new city entirely. But having a strong setting to anchor the story line and characters is in my opinion important to a cohesive roleplay.

Lore: I would like to stick to Dresden Files lore, which like with many other fandom RP's is neatly collected in a fan wiki. However I am not opposed to fudging things here and there in the name of fun and exploring new avenues. Dresden Files covers a wide span of typical fantasy tropes in a way I find extremely interesting.

Characters, Villains and Plots: I fully intend to run an initial plot or two before handing over a bit of control to the collective. I'm a big fan of collaborative roleplay. HOWEVER, I plan to keep a tight leash on the power level of player characters, in order to preserve the Urban Fantasy feel. NPC's may overstep these bounds, but I do not plan on handing that power to anyone until I am confident they are strongly familiar with the lore, and role playing etiquette. This extends to powerful villains. I may be running the show to start, but I want to play too!

Number of Players: I'd like to keep it around 6 or 7 at max. Honestly in my experience a small group of dedicated roleplayers can keep a setting going strong for a long time. Having too many players complicates things.

Post Length: This might be where I lose some folks. I'm not a fan of massive multi paragraph posts. It makes dialogue cumbersome and stiff. I'd like to avoid that, especially in a roleplay emulating a series inundated with strong and humorous dialogue. Taking that into consideration, a post at least once a week seems like a fair requirement.

Maturity: While obviously sticking to the rules of RPNation, the Dresden Files series covers serious and dark material. I do not plan to change that.

Last edited:
I haven't read the Dresden Files, but I've been meaning to get into it, so I might be interested.

I absolutely Love the Dresden Files! I've always wanted to RP a " homeless Wizard" in this setting! BUt like an offical Wizard in good standing with the Council.

I'd suggest Manchester in England, or Philadelphia maybe? or any city large enough that a homeless guy could blend in?

Manchester's a pretty big area, I'v spent about a month and a bit there, if you're curious I can tell you a bit about it?

Manchester's a pretty big area, I'v spent about a month and a bit there, if you're curious I can tell you a bit about it?
That’d be cool. Especially old places to look into. I always liked that the council was located in Edinburgh. Old places carry a sense of power, in my opinion

they're all open to the public, and homeless people in England are generally clean, just a little scruffy sometimes. They're treated IME fairly well there.

they're all open to the public, and homeless people in England are generally clean, just a little scruffy sometimes. They're treated IME fairly well there.
Sounds good to me. Probably going to have to play an ex-pat.

Dresden Files were a great read! (Not sure if I ever actually finished the series come to think) But I'd totally be interested in doing a thing in that kind of setting, after I revisited some of the lore bits

Dresden Files were a great read! (Not sure if I ever actually finished the series come to think) But I'd totally be interested in doing a thing in that kind of setting, after I revisited some of the lore bits
Awesome! I recommend the Wiki. It seems well maintained

I did some skimming last night and remember how much I like the setting hehe. Urban Fantasy is my jam and I feel like this series does it rlly well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back