• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Aquanette

So this is my first interest check on this website, a few things you should know before you read any further.
  1. My Timezone in Central Daylight Time or GMT-5
  2. I'm not particularly hung up on post length as post length doesn't equal quality or fun. However, I would appreciate effort, I don't want to feel like I'm the only one trying and I do not want to essentially be roleplaying with myself. My post length varies depending on what I am given to work with and how inspired I'm feeling but you can at the very least at least expect a paragraph from me.
  3. I enjoy ooc, planning, plotting or just talking about random stuff and sharing funny or interesting videos. However, you have to engage me and by that I mean if I feel like I'm bothering you, I'm not going to keep talking to you because I feel like I'm annoying you, I may still post on ooc for things having to do with the RP, but I may not keep engaging in casual conversation with you if I feel like I'm bothering you. So if this happens, know that it is not because I dislike you, but because I am trying not to annoy you.
  4. I play both male and female and I don't really care what kind of pairing you want being f/f m/m or mxf.

There are three stories for this, please tell me what your preference is when it comes to romance so I can know whether to play a male or female.

This is a fairly simple story with no heavy plotlines, just random silliness, awesome adventures, and day-to-day life with your crush/love interest. You are a college student that was lucky enough to land a date with their crush and things go really well so well that they ask to sleepover . They promise that it's a 100% innocent and well-intentioned sleepover and that they just wanted to repay you for the amazing date. That night for better or worse it seems that they meant what they said, but when you fall asleep you strangely start to have a seemingly very real unnaturally long dream, you encounter someone who reveals themselves to be your irl crush informing you that they have awakened you and that you are now a dreamwalker and now you can have fun in the dream world together.

Your father is a detective and you always looked up to him and even planned to follow in his footsteps and become a detective yourself one day. However, your life seemed to completely turn on its head when one day your father inexplicably for no reason fell into a coma and he isn't the only one it seems that there have been a string of mysterious, sudden, and inexplicable comas as of late. You are convinced that your father's coma was unnatural and that it had to have been caused by someone only there is absolutely no physical evidence of this whatsoever, no matter what leads you try to follow you find yourself following threads that lead nowhere.

Right, when you're at your wit's end and almost ready to give up, you decide to sleep on it and that night you had a very strange dream, one that seems longer and more real than usual. You are then informed that you have been awakened and are now a dream walker, they tell you that you are right about your father's coma but that you'll never catch the culprit by chasing leads in the waking world alone because the culprit is a dreamwalker, they don't know who or where but that much they know is true, they offer to help you find the culprit, but for them to do that you'll have to learn to be an effective dream walker.

Along this journey, you will chase down leads and try to find them in the dream world, making the world a better place as you try to find the one who put your father into a coma and find a way to wake him up.

You have never had the most glamorous life in fact you'd be willing to say that you've never even had a pleasant one. Your family was abusive and took advantage of you all the time so when you moved out to go to college you finally thought you'd be free of them only to find out that they have built a massive amount of debt up in your name. You don't have enough money to buy a decent lawyer and even if you did identity theft is a tricky case to prove and currently, you have no way to prove that they did it. Sadly you have no choice but to accept the fact that you'll have to move back home, but when you go to sleep for the night, you have a strange, oddly long dream and you meet someone who tells you that you have been awakened and are now a dreamwalker. They say that they know of your troubles and felt bad for you so they helped you out, but now you have two choices, you now have to power to freely dream so you can now live a totally different life, do whatever you so choose for days even years on end, but when you wake up your life will still be crap and while retreating into your dreams for an escape can be fun it can also be dangerous for those who aren't happy in their waking lives. So the choice is yours. You can choose escapism or you can reclaim your life and change it for the better, time to be a little selfish and get what you deserve but for that to happen you'll have to become an effective dreamwalker.

On this journey to get your happiness, you will alter the world to give yourself a better life, get revenge on those that have wronged you, and crush those that stand in your way.

Now onto the rules of the world, sorry there may be quite a bit.

The dream world is and alternate world created by the subconscious it is best explained to be like the internet in a sense, everything is connected creating a vast world made up of and manipulated people's memories and imaginations. Your domain is your personal server or your own personal world so to speak it's where you hold your memories and personal dreams. In your domain, you have full control and it is almost impossible for you to be overpowered in your own domain, almost. However, beyond your domain in the world scape, a reality created, shaped and controlled by the collective consciousness of the world, past and present.

Dreamwalker: A dreamwalker is a person who can lucid dream at will almost as if it were second nature. A dreamwalker is not simply capable of lucid dreaming, they are fully aware and able to remember the entirety of their dreams, due to this they can leave their domains and enter the worldscape which is the collective of the world's dreams. A dreamwalkers powers depend on a few things, imagination, confidence, willpower, and of course experience. The more experienced you are at dream walking the better control you have, the better control the more confidence you have in your abilities. Remember the dreamwalker's greatest weaknesses are fear, doubt, and lack of focus. As a dream walker, your thoughts are a powerful thing and b your greatest weapon or your weakness if you aren't careful. The sensations in dreams can seem very real, it's like living in another world but it is important to remember that it's just a dream or you could lose control.

Persona: In your dreams, you are the manifestation of your ideal and true self so dreamwalkers can look drastically different in the dream world than they actually are in real life. This helps keep their identities secret from other dreamwalkers.

Sleeper: A sleeper is just a normal dreamer who has now awakened to the world scape, they cannot fully perceive the dream world and are likely to remember very little if anything at all about their time spent in the dream world, sleepers don't usually leave their domain as they are unaware of its existence and that it can be left in the first place and those that do, do not realize they have. Sleepers are seen as unpredictable and potentially dangerous since they are unaware and their state of mind can change randomly at any moment for any reason.

Sweet Dreams: Sweet dreams are just good dreams. Unfortunately, sweet dreams can easily turn into nightmares if the dreamwalker or sleeper experiences fear, doubt, or even dwells on a particularly unpleasant thought for too long.

Nightmares: Nightmares are clearly bad dreams. Nightmares can be turned into sweet dreams as long as the dream walker or sleeper thinks positively and remains confident.

Chaotic: Chaotic dreams are a jumbled mess, they're not nightmares or sweet dreams, they're pretty much those weird dreams you have where random stuff just seems to happen for no discernible reason. These dreams are very hard to manipulate due to their chaotic nature.

Blank: Blank dreams aren't really dreams but potential dreams, they're blank canvases that can easily be manipulated and changed. What it will turn into highly depends on the dreamwalker's or sleeper's intention or state of mind.

In the dream, world time moves slower, how slow you may ask? Well, there are five layers of sleep, each layer plunges you deeper into the dreamscape but also puts you into a deeper sleep. The first layer is 12 times slower than normal time and with each layer, time moves 12 times slower than the last meaning that you can spend literal days in the dream world when only a few seconds have passed in the real world. To give you an idea of what I mean I made a timetable below.

Layer 1: 1 sec =12 seconds
Layer 2: 1 sec = 2 minutes
Layer 3: 1 sec = 28 minutes
Layer 4: 1 sec = 5 hours
Layer 5: 1 sec = 2 days

Layer 1: 12 hours = 6 days
Layer 2: 12 hours= 60 days (about 2 months)
Layer 3: 12 hours = 840 days (2 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days)
Layer 4: 12 hours = 9000 days (24 years 7 months and 4 weeks)
Layer 5: 12 hours = 86,400 days (236 years)

The problem with this being that the further you dive down into the layers the deeper you fall into sleep, the deeper you fall into sleep the harder it is for you to wake up. On top of this by diving further into the layers it becomes easy to lose track of time especially if you are not used to the difference in time flow so you may accidentally oversleep or you might panic and try to wake yourself up only to find that you have only been asleep for literal seconds. Because of this, most people don't delve past the second layer. The first and second layers are collectively called the shallows while the 3rd layer is known as the mid-scape and the 4th and 5th are collectively known as the deep-scape. There are more layers which are the 6th and 7th. The 6th is known as the underscape which causes a coma or permanent sleep; this is why people don't usually visit the 5th layer out of fear that they may accidentally slip into the 6th. The 7th is the voidscape or better known as death, there are some that claim that they have been to the 7th layer and come back.

The clarify

Layer 6: 1 sec = 24 days
Layer 7: 1 sec = 288 days (9 months 19 days and 12 hours)
Layer 7: 1 min = 17280 days (47 years 11 months and 8 days)

Since you can be revived from death within 4 to 6 minutes 8 at the most without any worry, some people have claimed to have gone to the 7th layer and been brought back within that time frame, these people are called deathwalkers. Most people don't believe they exist and those who do believe they exist either consider them to be crazy or very lucky depending on how they found themselves within the 7th layer. If it was honestly just a mistake and out of their control then they're lucky but strangely enough, some people willingly go to the 7th. However, because each layer is increasingly harder to wake up from it is nearly impossible to come back from the 6th let alone the 7th layer alone without any assistance. Because of this very reason travel to the 7th layer is straight-up dangerous for obvious reasons.

Dreams are held within your subconscious, but the subconscious mind is connected to the conscious mind therefore dreams can affect real life. You can change a person's mind which can cause them to change and do things in real life, these could be one-off events or a permanent change sometimes for the better and sometimes for worse. You can also search through a person's memories to find the truth even if said person does not remember that truth since everything a person has ever seen or heard is buried somewhere within their mind. Memories can be altered or restored to their original state but the dreamwalker community often debates on whether or not messing with a person's mind on any level for any reason is ethical regardless of if it's for a good or bad reason and as stated before if someone wanted to they could attempt to force someone deeper down into the layers and possibly put them into a coma or death. However, death is a very unlikely occurrence as it would require said dreamwalker to put themselves into a coma.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back