• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Closed Dreams of Arcadia ☆ Workshop & Store (Freebies)

Arcadiae Dimicamus
Sir George Fraeber

 Sir George Fraeber was a happier man in better times. At the age of 19, he was knighted into the Royal Guard. Up until then, he had been with his parents helping the local farmers and training his skill at the sword. He passed through rigorous exams from the age of 15 up till the age of 19. Around that time, the Royal Couple birthed a daughter, and a series of applicants were evaluated to become additions to the Royal Guard. Sir George Fraeber joined the small group of approved additions on part to his young age. Ever since, he has faithfully served the princess, gaining the title "The Protector"
 When he was late 20s, political machinations began to appear in the royal court, brought in by foreign emissaries. He paid no attention to them until it was too late. Several major powers began vying for the rich lands that the idyllic people of Arcadia held. The threat of war, political maneuvering, and several deaths forced the Royal Couple to send their daughter into exile, 11 years old at the time. Luckily, or unluckily, this was right before war over Arcadia broke out. Sir George, who was meant to join the Princess on her journey, was thrust into the war instead. It lasted only a year, as the only things stopping the enemy from reaching the capital were the valiant but few knights.
 In the final moments of the war, Sir George alongside his comrades fought to protect the king. The king led the knights in an attempt to reach the enemy general's camp. However, in a gruesome battle, where they stood at a disadvantage of 1:10, many died including the king. With his final breathe, he ordered the knights to find his daughter and protect her. The knights continued their fight, easily impressing the enemy with their determination and resolve. They fought, not letting a single soldier reach the place where their king had fallen. But even so, they fell from exhaustion, then captured. Despite being the losing population, the people of Arcadia pleaded for the knight's lives, knowing how much they fought. Eventually the enemy general granted their release.
 Upon their release, the few knights were received by the people as heroes, even if they had fallen. After several days, those knight swore an oath to honor their king's final wish, and began their journey to search for the Exiled Princess. On their long journey, they slowly lost one knight after another, until the last one remaining was Sir George Fraeber. Despite it being several years already, he continues his mission of finding the princess.

Equipment:
  • Armor - A suit of armor that has seen better days. While it is still diligently maintained by Sir George, the many years of fighting have left it wanting. While much of the plates and chainmail still remain, leather has to be used in a growing quantity in a number of places.
  • Cape - This wonderfully blue cape has retained its indigo color over many years, proudly displaying the Arcadian embroidery and craftsmanship used to make it. It has begun to fray at the edges, but is nonetheless a wonderful article displaying the crest of the Royal Guard.
  • Bastard Sword - A simple and reliable sword. He also takes great care of it, as it has saved his life countless times.

Abilities:
  • Arcadian Royal Guard - It may have been several years, but he still carries the skills and techniques of the Arcadian Royal Guard. He is unmatched in defense, even if he only carries a sword.
  • Protector/Seeker of the Exiled Princess - Because of his previous post and current goal, many find it hard not to be sympathetic to his cause. He garners respect from all as an honorable knight who made it his life's mission to find and protect the Exiled Princess, even after he fell in battle.
  • Wanderer - His long time of continual searching has left him with a stamina rivaled by none. He moves quickly, even underneath the weight of his armor.
  • Arcadian - As an Arcadian, one of his foundations in life is his idealistic values. Even after he has killed many, he has always taken upon himself to aid those in need. For those from the former lands of Arcadia, he is a brother; for those beyond, he is an angel in a suit of armor.

Quotes:
"Arcadiae Dimicamus!"
"To find and protect the Princess, it is my duty"

Hobbies: Sword training, repairing his tools, talking with people.

Theme Song:

Forgotten Glory

Commission for Sir Galahad II Sir Galahad II . The character was entirely made by me to fit my mini universe. This is considered Mobile Compatible since you can still read it, even if the layout is not ideal in mobile mode. The reason why the code is so complicated is because all the textboxes and titles are meant to scale alongside the image, making it retain it's layout. In hindsight, I could've probably made it easier on myself and hard coded the size instead of making it a variable scale, but here you go. The sizes are based on the size of the crest, so I won't be putting any variables to change that aspect ratio. It also uses anchor based tab systems. Unfortunately I don't know how to make it so that it won't jump everywhere, even though I was able to do so with the horizontal scrolling of Dynastic Silk and Imperial Satin. I know I figured it out once, but now I can't remember...

Anyway, here is the clean code without any text. It is very difficult to find where the Quote, title, and picture is, so feel free to ask where it is.
Code:
[div=--max-font-size-Title: 40;
--max-font-size-Name: 30;
--quote-spacer: 15px;
--math:calc( var(--quote-spacer) + (20px + (var(--max-font-size-Title) - 20) * (80vw - 400px) / (1920 - 400) ));
background-image:url('https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/animal-jam-clans-1/images/8/8a/Jungle-ruined-temple-cemetery.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1280?cb=20160709195657');
background-size:cover; background-color:white; background-attachment: fixed; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box;][border=3px white solid; padding: 3px;][row][column=span2][div=background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); border: 2px white solid; margin-top: 3px; padding-bottom: calc((386/600 * 200%) + var(--math)); position: relative; color:white;][div=position:absolute; top:0; width: 100%; padding: 3px; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: left; white-space: nowrap][size=5][font=Cinzel][goto=LT1]Left Tab 1[/goto] | [goto=LT2]Left Tab 2[/goto][/font][/size][/div][div=position: absolute; width: 80%; left: 3px; top: 26px; border: 1px white solid;][/div][div=position: absolute; width: 100%; height: calc(100% - 32px); bottom: 0; padding: 3px; overflow: hidden;][a=LT1][div=height: 100%; width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; padding-top: 5px; overflow-Y: scroll; color:white][font=Raleway]

Left tab 1 content

[/font][/div][/a]

[a=LT2][div=height: 100%; width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; padding-top: 5px; overflow-Y: scroll; color:white][font=Raleway]

Left Tab 2 content

[/font][/div][/a][/div][/div][/column][column=span4][div=background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/2HN7d26.png'); filter: drop-shadow(0 0 10px white) invert(100%); background-size: cover; background-position: center; background-repeat:no-repeat; width: 100%; min-width:240px; padding-top: calc(386/600 * 100%); margin-bottom:var(--math); position:relative; ][div=background-image:url('https://orig00.deviantart.net/8de6/f/2015/223/d/b/db4c8feee54b432773d15cd2e2ccd026-d9574e0.jpg'); background-position: 70% 5%; background-size: calc(710 / 400 * 100%); width: calc(1/3 * 100%); height: calc( 200 / 386 * 100%); border-radius: 50%; border: 3px white solid; left:50%; transform: translateX(-51.5%); top: calc(120/386 * 100%); position:absolute; filter: invert(100%)][/div][div=width: 100%; top: 20%; text-align: center; filter: invert(100%); color: white; position: absolute; font-size: calc(10px + (var(--max-font-size-Name) - 10) * (80vw - 400px) / (1920 - 400)); line-height:0.8][font=Cinzel]QUOTE[/font][/div][div=width: 100%; bottom: calc(-1 * var(--math)); text-align: center; filter: invert(100%); color: white; position: absolute; font-size: calc(var(--math) - var(--quote-spacer)); line-height:0.8][font=Cinzel]NAME HERE[/font][div=font-size:0;]
[div= width: 85%; border: 1px white solid; margin: 2px auto;][/div]
[div= width: 55%; border: 1px white solid; margin: 2px auto;][/div]
[div= width: 25%; border: 1px white solid; margin: 2px auto;][/div]
[/div][/div][/div][/column][column=span2][div=background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); border: 2px white solid; margin-top: 3px; padding-bottom: calc((386/600 * 200%) + var(--math)); position: relative; color:white;][div=position:absolute; top:0; width: 100%; padding: 3px; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: left; white-space:nowrap][size=5][font=Cinzel][goto=RT1]Right Tab 1[/goto] | [goto=RT2]Right Tab 2[/goto][/font][/size][/div][div=position: absolute; width: 80%; left: 3px; top: 26px; border: 1px white solid;][/div][div=position: absolute; width: 100%; height: calc(100% - 32px); bottom: 0; padding: 3px; overflow: hidden;][a=RT1][div=height: 100%; width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; padding-top: 5px; overflow-Y: scroll; color:white][font=Raleway]

Right Tab 1 content

[/font][/div][/a]

[a=RT2][div=height: 100%; width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; padding-top: 5px; overflow-Y: scroll; color:white][font=Raleway]

Right Tab 2 content

[/font][/div][/a][/div][/div][/column][/row]
[row][column=span8][div=background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); border: 2px white solid; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom: 3px; padding-bottom: calc( 2/3 * ((386/600 * 50%) + var(--math)) ); position: relative][div=position:absolute; top:0; width: 100%; padding: 3px; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: left; color: white;][size=5][font=Cinzel][goto=MT1]Middle Tab 1[/goto] | [goto=MT2]Middle Tab 2[/goto] | [goto=MT3]Middle Tab 3[/goto][/font][/size][/div][div=position: absolute; width: 80%; left: 3px; top: 26px; border: 1px white solid;][/div][div=position: absolute; width: 100%; height: calc(100% - 32px); bottom: 0; padding: 3px; overflow: hidden;][a=MT1][div=height: 100%; width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; padding-top: 5px; overflow-Y: scroll; color:white][font=Raleway]

Middle Tab 1 Content

[/font][/div][/a]

[a=MT2][div=height: 100%; width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; padding-top: 5px; overflow-Y: scroll; color:white][font=Raleway]

Middle Tab 2 Content

[/font][/div][/a]

[a=MT3][div=height: 100%; width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; padding-top: 5px; overflow-Y: scroll; color:white][font=Raleway]

Middle Tab 3 Content

[/font][/div][/a]
[/div][/div][/column][/row][/border][/div][comment]Coded by @Alteras[/comment]

I gotta say: your work is jaw-dropping.

Some of the coding doesn't show up when I simply copy and paste. Is there something I need to add? For example, to the Cloud one?

Are you open for requests?

Last edited:
I gotta say: your work is jaw-dropping.

Some of the coding doesn't show up when I simply copy and paste. Is there something I need to add? For example, to the Cloud one?

Are you open for requests?
Thank you very much.

I clean all my codes and turn them into a blank template. Alot of my codes won't work if you don't put in values such as background color and images where it says it needs to be. I can help you put them in for you.

I am open for requests, But the speed at which I release the final version will depend on how complex the code is.

Thank you very much.

I clean all my codes and turn them into a blank template. Alot of my codes won't work if you don't put in values such as background color and images where it says it needs to be. I can help you put them in for you.

I am open for requests, But the speed at which I release the final version will depend on how complex the code is.
Awesome, it was SirGalahad who brought me here.

Okay, that's what I thought. Sure, what info do you need from me? I have a few color palettes you may use :)

First of all; your work is beautiful and may ask if you have time to commission something.
Secondly; I was wondering if you teach. It seems you have basic tutorials on here regarding how to do your examples, but more if you give in depth lessons.

Thanks for any any response!
:closed eyes open smile:

Great! All that's left is Mobile Priority, Freebie or Nah, and the Dream. I have a description of each on my intro post under "Requests." Essentially, I want to know what you would like to see.
Mobile can be compatible or friendly.
Nah, not a freebie.
The Dream: A character sheet code that will stand out yet organize the information in a way that is easy to read and artsy. Tabs are fine, but must fit into design well (have decent width). The Glass and Steel idea was really cool (but ofc don't do a repeat of that). As for images, maybe one I can swap out the backdrop depending on the character? And if you could make it scroll down as the user/reader scrolls that would be super cool (like in Forgotten Glory)! Um, if you want more inspiration or to see what i like my pinterest board will do: 345 best art, artistic expression, aesthetic images on Pinterest | Manga, Drawing people and Fan art
Ooh! And if you can make the tabs like, little images with the tab title on it that would be really great as well!

~thanks so much!!!~

First of all; your work is beautiful and may ask if you have time to commission something.
Secondly; I was wondering if you teach. It seems you have basic tutorials on here regarding how to do your examples, but more if you give in depth lessons.

Thanks for any any response!
:closed eyes open smile:
Thank you very much! And yes! By all means! Well, right now it would take me about 2-3 weeks to get through ones I currently have requested of me. Alot of it comes down to complexity of the code.

I have only made guides in the past, but I can certainly teach. Alot of other folks have made great guides, so the stuff I tend to make guides for are the obscure and in-depth parts of CSS. If you want I can teach you.

Thank you very much! And yes! By all means! Well, right now it would take me about 2-3 weeks to get through ones I currently have requested of me. Alot of it comes down to complexity of the code.

I have only made guides in the past, but I can certainly teach. Alot of other folks have made great guides, so the stuff I tend to make guides for are the obscure and in-depth parts of CSS. If you want I can teach you.

If you have the time, I know my schedule is a little insane with work.
We can talk about it more in DM.
I have dabbled in basic bbcode/CSS so I'm not a master or anything close.

You bbcode gods never fail to amaze me :3D: :bishiesparklesl: Also, I was wondering if I could make a request? You're work is absolutely stunning and I'd love to see more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back