Dream Caregiver

Keidivh

Warrior with the Silver Eyes
Dream Caregiver

Normal Appearance:
latest

Identifying Features:

Dream is a rather unassuming and petite girl, stand at about 5'3 and around 110 lbs.

Her hair raven black, long and flowing goes all the way down to her hips as she never has taken the time to get it stylized or trimmed, though it still has a naturally healthy shimmer to it.

The most obvious thing one would know about Dream is her eyes, two pools of grey that seem to shine an aura of friendliness, One may even forget for a moment that she is blind when looking into them. Her skin meanwhile is light and fair, which surprisingly looks clean and healthy despite her many years spent on the streets.

Then of course there are her beloved rags which she calls an outfit. There is truly nothing special about them, but seem to hold a sentimental value to the girl, as she has refused any and all offers to get her some different attire.
magi_s2_the_kingdom_of_magic-05-morgiana-awesome-heroic-victory-rags-emotionless.jpg

Most likely the first thing any would notice about her would be the albino snake that is near always wrapped around Dreams left arm. It is a relatively small snake, and while it scares some initially many find it to be incredibly docile.

Dream is what is known as a Caregiver in the common tongue. Caregiver's are healers who are devotees to Sslithis Vas, The Serpents Trail. They travel the length and breadth of Astrophel, looking to heal and care for any who are in pain, be it emotionally, physically or spiritually. Dream often spends most of her time in the slums of the monolithic city-nation. This is after all where the majority of the downtrodden are. In most other areas Caregivers are looked upon with a degree of mistrust due to the dark history of the religion.

This doesn't stop Dream to give all she has to heal and care for those in need, using a mixture of herbs along with coveted modern medicines to do her job. Most of these generally come from donations given to the Temple of Fanged Mother.

Home Life:

"You wish to know about my home life then. Hmm, aren't you the inquisitive one. It's sweet. My home life isn't the simplest situation right now, so let's start at the beginning. Kind of an obvious place to start, wouldn't you say? My mother, she was a Caregiver as well. S'pose the name kind of gives that away doesn't it? Well, she was amazing woman, kind, compassionate, strong. She was well respected by followers of Ssithis Vas and many members of the community. She raised me and my baby sister, to follow in her footsteps. I would constantly follow her through the streets, stopping to pull dying men from the gutter and mending their wounds, feeding those who are starving. We gave everything of ourselves so others could live. It is the true way of the Serpents Trail, and we are blessed for it.

But not all appreciate what it is we do. One day my mother... She gave her life for what she believed in, for what she loved. I'd rather not say more than that, I hope you understand. What's important is what she stood for, her unwavering love for all others. It is something that has followed me to this day.

As for my father, well he has not been in the picture for quite some time. Truth be told I can't even recall what his face looks life, and my little sister Fantasy doesn't even know his name.

Fantasy and I now live in a small shack in one of the poorer regions of our fair city. It isn't much at all, but it is ours. A few blankets, and... Um... Yeah, we have blankets. And food! Even a Caregiver needs to need, hehe. And of course we have a small shrine dedicated to the Fanged Mother, where we can speak and pray to our reptilian goddess.

Fantasy and I just have each other now really, and I try to be what she needs. It can be trying to say the least, especially seeing as I often spend most of my time helping those I come across. Fantasy has actually had to take a job to help provide, and she's so young... I only hope I can give her some semblance of a good life. She deserves that much."

Personality:

Dream is a gentle and rather sensitive girl who feels every emotion quite deeply, effecting her far more than it would most other people. She is often soft spoken when around others but always friendly and a beaming smile adorning her face. She enjoys making connections with others, but often finds it difficult to maintain an actually meaningful relationship. The main reason for this is due to the fact that others emotions effect her quite deeply. Anothers pain becomes her own, and so it is difficult to get close because the more they hurt, the more she hurts herself.

Despite her relative young age, Dream seems to carry a certain wisdom that most would attribute to one with a great deal more life experience. She often gives sagely advice as often as she mends someones wounds.

Something she struggles with often within herself is her self-worth. While Dream doesn't hate herself, she doesn't really care for herself either. She puts others before herself, which while a noble thing can be unhealthy. She has no problem starving if she can feed another or give medicine that she may need.

One trait which often goes unseen in Dream is her anger. It is very rare for it to happen but occasionally the soft spoken and peaceful girl reaches a breaking point. Most often it will appear as just an aggressive attitude, but if under duress or truly pushed she can fly into a true rage. It is something she desperately tries to maintain control of, and is something she is ashamed of.

Interestingly she has also developed a bit of a rebellious streak, often seeing the government and authorities as being oppressors, adding to the suffering and pain the lower classes struggle through. While she doesn't go so far as to fight against the government she doesn't mind bending a few rules and even mouthing off to government officials if she comes across them. Not something one would expect from the gentle healer, even the most unassuming serpent has fangs.

Religious View:

Ssithis Vas, The Serpents Trail

The Ssithis Vas is worship of Fiavis Morthis, the Fanged Mother. This is a religion shrouded in mystery and often looked down upon by other religions and the populace in general. The main reason for this being that the Ssithis Vas were once known as the Ssithis Et, The Serpents End. They had an entirely different view of the Fanged Mother, seeing her as a vicious and coldhearted deity, taking on the worst aspects of her.

Assassins, masters of poisons. That is what they were once known for. But there were a minority who held to the old ways, who saw this as a perversion as to who their patron truly was. A healer, a caring but deadly god. Unbeknownst to the public, a civil war broke out amongst the followers, lasting nearly two decades before the bloodshed ended, and the Ssithis Vas was born. It came as a shock to many, the once secretive devotees suddenly turning into charitable healers and mystics, offering their services to the people.

They are looked upon with mistrust and even hostility at times, not trusting a bunch of secretive snake worshipers who once dealt in poisons.

The Ssithis Vas now hold to the virtues of compassion, cunning and family, what the Fanged Mother had always stood for.

The afterlife is an interesting aspect of the Ssithis Vas, as it ties in with another important core of their beliefs, the Fade. This realm is both where the spirits of the deceased dwell, and where the those who sleep go to dream. It is a strange and ever changing landscape that is incomprehensible to the living, speaking to them only in strange, distorted images. It is rumored that there are those among the order are able to enter this dream like state, connecting directly with the spirit and dream realm.

In the Ssithis Vas, the Nadir are known as the Lost, believed to be souls so dark and twisted that their essence leaked over through the Fade to the material world. Even in death they seek to sow misery and sorrow.

Midheavens meanwhile are known as Avatars. They are looked upon as avatars of the gods, champions of their patrons to protect Astrophel and its inhabitants. As of now they are unable to say what their exact purpose is, instead leaving it as a divine mystery, for only the gods to truly understand.

Romantic Orientation:
Bisexual

What is your Wish:

To bring healing and joy to all those around her and all people of Astrophel. To take away the pain and sickness that afflict so many. She also wishes to provide a better life for her sister. And deep down, despite suppressing her own wants, she desires to connect with someone meaningfully, to share her life with.

What is your Fear:
To fail those around her, to lose herself to the overwhelming pain and suffering in the world. She fears being alone. One of her greatest fears is failing her little sister, dragging her down instead if lifting her up in life.

What's Most Scarce In Your Life:
Love
Finances
Someone looking after her

Midheaven Relations:
Akoya Simmons- Healing Friendship
Akoya was once one of Dreams dearest friends, one of the few she had in her childhood. But when she needed this friend the most, he turned his back on her. Now, all these years later the two cross paths again. Will they be able to heal and rekindle what they have, or will this be a wound even she can't heal?
"It was a tough time for him as well... I can understand that. I have to."
Lyric Mirror- Acquaintance/Patient
Dream met Lyric only very recently. She had found him in the hospital when visiting another patient. Her heart broke when she saw how much pain the young man was in, not just physically, but emotionally as well. She took it upon herself to visit him periodically, often simply sitting in silence with him. She has also attempted to try and help him adjust to his new life, occasionally visiting him to offer company and look over his wounds.
"He rarely speaks, yet his pain rings out to me louder than nearly all others."
Storm Ververs- Friend
The two met really by chance during, when Dream was working in the streets and Storm was wandering through the area. He attempted to strike up a conversation with her. Since this chance encounter the two have slowly built up a friendship, though due to Dreams reserved nature when it comes to relationships, it has been a slow process.
"Ah, he's a true sweetheart that one, and a talented painter. Course I kind of have to take his word for it. Hehe."

Midheaven Appearance:
snake_woman_by_dakiele-d4nih04.jpg

The Ssithis Vas believe this to be the Avatar of the Fanged Mother.

Constellation:
The Serpent
water_snake_by_elxi_ameyn-d5r1wan.jpg

Emotion:
Empathy/Sympathy

Weapon Description:
Venom's Reach
latest

A strange bladed chain wraps around her arm when she ascends to her Midheaven form. Used as a deadly whip, it has a surprising reach and is able to viciously rend anything that it comes in contact with. At times it seems to have a sentience of its own, actively defending her and striking even when she doesn't intend for it to. She is also able to lace the blades with various deadly venoms to cause further damage.

Magic:
Serpents Blessing

Oddly one of her blessings is actually the ability to heal even near fatal wounds by laying hands on those in need of her aid. Of course there are deadlier aspects to this blessing as well, such as her ability to shoot venom from the fangs that form in her mouth with surprising accuracy, and when laced on her blade it is able to whip the venomous liquid through the air. Lastly she has an ability to shape shift into a massive snake, though she can have difficulty controlling it.

One other effect of this blessing is the restoration of Dreams sight, but not in the conventional sense. Instead she is given Fade Sight, offering her a view of the world as depicted through the Fade. It is distorted and warped, but it is as close as she can come. When there is a great deal of joy, love or peace the Fade appears bright, strengthening her abilities to heal and defend. However in areas of deep despair it becomes a rather disturbing place, bordering on the horrific and deranged even. Here her abilities to sow death are greatly increased, but far more difficult to control and can take a severe mental toll if she is unprepared or falters in her convictions.

Stars:

Emotional Magical Effects

Your magic can cause extreme effects based on your emotions. If you start as a Midheaven, strike out one of the Despair shifts (indicating that you went through it already) and start with 0 Despair and 0 Hope, or start with 2 Despair and 0 Hope. If you start as a normal person, start off with everything uncrossed and at 0.

Hope: 0/3

Despair: 0/3

Hope Shift
  • A lucky break gets you closer to your goal.​
  • You are able to heal someone else, removing all of their Despair points, healing a serious injury, or removing alterations by a Despair Shift or Great Despair.​
  • You have a moment of sincere hope. Remove any Despair points you have.​

Despair Shift
  • You have an outburst that alienates you from others.​
  • You have an outburst that injures you or someone else.​
  • You permanently acquire another fear or twisted wish. Write it on your CS.​

Great Hope
  • You cause a small miracle to happen.​
  • Undo any fears, twisted wishes, or alterations to your body caused by a Despair Shift or Great Despair.​
  • Somehow, life in Astrophel gets a little happier and less panicked.​

Great Despair
  • Your body permanently takes on an unnatural aspect related to your constellation, your associated emotion, or something that led up to your Great Despair.​
  • Your magic goes out of control, destroying non-magical things in the immediate area.​
  • A Nadir wrenches itself from your body, with characteristics and a human target based on what led up to your Great Despair.​
N

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back