Blah

I've had this bookmarked since you first posted it, but I guess I'll declare my interest too in case of tags and such. XD

August August Gohan510 Gohan510 Thank you both for your interest.

So the next thing I'll be writing about is the different kinds of dragons in the world of the rp, but I'm also considering lifting the racial restriction of only humans being able to become dragoons. Thoughts?

Hmm. I think it depends on what you have in mind for the other races, and it'd also probably depend on what kind of magic you have in mind.

If dwarves/elves/orcs are going to have a significant edge over humans as far as age and physicality go, I feel like it would be fair to only have human dragoons. On the other hand if the other races aren't significantly more powerful than humans I wouldn't object to having them become dragoons as well.

The same concept applies to magic in my mind, if the other races can use powerful magic, allowing humans to exclusively become dragoons may help balance out power distribution.

(Btw I think what I just said makes sense but I haven't slept so no garuntees)

I had been playing with the idea of a non-dragoon character who uses large siege equipment not unlike ballistae, possibly an orc or some other strong creature to be able to carry it as if it were a handheld weapon.

What all other races are there, exactly?

August August Gohan510 Gohan510 Thank you both for your interest.

So the next thing I'll be writing about is the different kinds of dragons in the world of the rp, but I'm also considering lifting the racial restriction of only humans being able to become dragoons. Thoughts?
Could one make a dragon and a dragoon character or are we limited?

Berries Berries That's very reassuring XD Thanks for your input, I'll take it into consideration when I finalize things.

Krim Krim Still mulling it over but I'm thinking just good old orcs, elves and dwarves. Maybe giants too. But don't forget, if you want to make a non-Dragoon character then you'll also have to consider what they're doing at the Monastery since that's where the rp will begin.

Gohan510 Gohan510 For now, your options would be quite limited. If you're making a Dragoon, they'd either have to be apprentices, full Dragoons or veterans from the war. No dragons or half-dragons, at least not until later.

Berries Berries That's very reassuring XD Thanks for your input, I'll take it into consideration when I finalize things.

Krim Krim Still mulling it over but I'm thinking just good old orcs, elves and dwarves. Maybe giants too. But don't forget, if you want to make a non-Dragoon character then you'll also have to consider what they're doing at the Monastery since that's where the rp will begin.

Gohan510 Gohan510 For now, your options would be quite limited. If you're making a Dragoon, they'd either have to be apprentices, full Dragoons or veterans from the war. No dragons or half-dragons, at least not until later.
Interesting then I'll have a dragoon and another character slot waiting for either of those two options.

This sounds really interesting, think I'll stick around for a while and see where this goes^^

This seems really interesting and after i read all of the thing, it seems quite interesting.So from what i understand dragon blood isn't the most common.And what you also said was that when a dwarf consumes it they get immediate benefits but it will subsidize after a while. So a dwarf could work as a mercenary?

I've got an oc for a tabletop that I never got around to playing that would fit perfectly! Let me know when character sheets go up, please and thank you!

This looks really interesting, and if you're still taking I'd be happy to come and join in on stuff. Happy to offer help as well if you need anything in terms of writing since there seems like there's a LOT to write.

Daunting_Doggo Daunting_Doggo I'm actually reconsidering Dragoons being a human only thing, so that bit about the dwarves will probably be edited out. It'll affect some other bits of lore I already had planned, but I'll sort it out. Anyways, if you want your dwarf to be a Dragoon then that might be possible. Just know that things are still subject to change at this point.

Eivonroth Eivonroth Will do!

Confounding Confounding I'd appreciate that a lot actually! XD It started out as a simple enough concept, but I'll admit there's a bit of scope creep going on. For now though, I'll see if I can handle it on my own. Not that I'm refusing your help mind you, it's just a personal ethic of mine. Wouldn't wanna bother anyone unless I couldn't help it. Thank you for your offer though.

Vampunk Vampunk and Blitzer Blitzer Thank you both for your show of interest. I promise I'll try to get this show on the road asap.

I do not want to change a entire magic system just because of me many good books such as the lord of the rings are affected by this, Im fine with being a regular dragoon it was just a question too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back