• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dragons Original Charater and Story OOC (WIP Title) - CLOSED GROUP

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Decision Making Time
Ok! A few things to decide on guys! SilverFlight SilverFlight KSMI KSMI Seabourne Seabourne PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

We need to decide:
1. What you all want to see out of this RP (overarching villain, exploration, etc, what would you like to see?)
2. Veils and "X's" other than what is stated in the rule book. (Veils are "topics" that are uncomfortable or not allowed and thus the scene will "fade to black", things will be assumed and not played out. X's are "topics" that make someone uncomfortable to the point that they don't want it to exist in the rp at all. We'll make a list of these, but if something Should happen during the RP that suddenly makes you uncomfortable, throw up a red "X" into the thread as a post. We'll reconvene here and talk about how to void it and go around it, backtrack and rework the thread.
3. What in the Sam heck are we gonna call this roleplay?

hm, I think the name should depend on where we take it lol. I'm comfortable with most things except extreme gore and sex, which I don't think we're going to have a problem with, and for the overarching plot I think just an end goal and making it up along the way is pretty fun!

1. What I want to see:
- A conflict ( Could be a villain. Doesn't have to be human. )
- A journey ( Our adventure on the path to resolving the conflict. )
- A resolution ( The defeat of whatever evil force we decide on. )

2. Things I'm uncomfortable with:
- Sex being actively RPed ( That can be blackscreened )
- Yeah..thats it. I don't mind graphic scenes, so long as its handled maturely.

3. RP's name
Yep. Like Seabourne Seabourne said depends on the direction.

A main villain would be nice and I think the RP should be a sandbox game of exploration and character development.

The only viel I can think of is active sex. We don’t need an entire post describing the delicate process of intercourse nor the sounds and feelings that your character is going through during said activity. A simple fade to black would do. Other than that I am fine with anything else.

Except thinly disguised political or regilious views that have nothing to do with the world being developed. We’re here to have fun and roleplay. Let’s keep it that way

Sandbox, huh? Like the world kinda bends to our character's choices?
Well, the world was going to bend to our character's choices regardless. Rather we develop the world as we go on. This will allow us the freedom to expand the How to Train Your Dragon universe, include more dragons, and even start our own separate plot that has nothing to do with the main villian.

Now that I think of it. A sandbox game may be a bit too choatic for an established world like HTTYD. It usually works well when the world is not established yet as it allows you more room to improvise.

Question: though we are clearly not allowing sexual roleplay, it just occured to me that we may be taking a family-friendly property and remaking into a more, should I say, mature setting. So, are we upping the rating of HTTYD or keeping it family friendly, much like the original source material?

Upping the rating will allow us to delve into darker, more intense themes (and naturally allow our characters to shout out profanties when they stub their toe or something) include more mature content (drunkenness, blood, burning alive, "cuddling", etc). Keeping it family friendly will be more of a challenge, but possibly funnier to do, as we would have to get creative with our insults ..... but is sufficiently more limiting.

Last edited:
Question: though we are clearly not allowing sexual roleplay, it just occured to me that we may be taking a family-friendly property and remaking into a more, should I say, mature setting. So, are we upping the rating of HTTYD or keeping it family friendly, much like the original source material?

Upping the rating will allow us to delve into darker, more intense themes (and naturally allow our characters to shout out profanties when they stub their toe or something) include more mature content (drunkenness, blood, burning alive, "cuddling", etc). Keeping it family friendly will be more of a challenge, but possibly funnier to do, as we would have to get creative with our insults ..... but is sufficiently more limiting.
I'd prefer upping the rating. A band of 20 or near 30 year olds talkin about "Aahh. I stubbed me frick frackin' toe." Sounds abit goofy to me.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Heya. I didn't forget about the dragon sketch. I tried and..well..it didn't look anything like a dragon lol. I'll look at some reference pics later and see what I can do

And I'm loving l of your ideas! Ill make sure to make a concise post about everything we've agreed on as soon as I get the chance cause it's 10 pm pretty much where I am and I'm getting up early to work out for the first time in over a year.

Ok so we have:

Veils: Please gloss or skip over...
•sex
•extreme gore

Game Plan: We would like to see...
•a conflict (a villain most likely)
•a journey/goal
•some way to fix it
•young adult/mature themes for added sadness (lol dark stuff but also good stuff)

Name: We would like to call this game...
•Something. Well figure it out.

Also are all of us in the same tribe? We can be or don't have to be if you would like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back