• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Dragon's Dogma Inspired Interest Check! (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
Hoyo peeps!

After the announcement of Dragon's Dogma 2 (release date TBD 😭), I got back into playing the original Dragon's Dogma and was inspired to come up with a new story concept for a sequel!

If you've played Dragon's Dogma before (or, at least know what it's about) please skip to the purple header titled "The New Story" as this next bit will be a recap of what Dragon's Dogma is all about for newcomers!

The Recap

Dragons are creatures of mystery and wonder. Some fear them as harbingers of the end times. Others revere them as Gods. Despite being seen a handful of times throughout history the exact means of their birth, and their true purpose in the world, remain unknown. What little knowledge we posses of their kind amount to: they are gargantuan flying behemoths with scales harder than steel and who breathe fire hotter than the greatest of blacksmith forges.

The violence wrought by the Dragons, however, does not seem to be brought through sheer viciousness alone. There is intelligence behind every movement, every glance, every beat of their wings. They have been observed speaking the human tongue as cleanly as any who walk on two legs. And those glowing eyes demonstrate a harsh, cold, yet frighteningly logical mind. Many times they've drive humanity to the brink of extinction. But never have they wiped us out completely.

After every short-lived attack period, they roost atop a mountain or other high altitude location, seemingly waiting for something. Could they be serving some sort of duty, or higher role yet unknown to the world of humankind? Sadly, there simply isn't enough evidence to support the theories which circulate through the general populace.

Finally, with the coming of the Dragon comes a drastic rise in the monster population all around the world. From the humble Goblins to the mighty Griffons and Chimeras, the world is filled, yet never truly overrun, by these fearsome foes. The once peaceful roads become dangerous passages where a single misstep could spell one's doom.

For those burning to know the truth of the Dragon, he was once a Pawn, as well as a former Arisen. We'll cover these terms shortly. The Dragon's purpose is to serve as a test of the strength and will to survive by He/She who becomes the next Arisen in hopes they will one day take up the role of Seneschal, the Guardian of the world. The Dragon is created from Arisen who made it to the Seneschal's chambers but fell in battle to the Seneschal, thereafter being banished to The Rift to be called upon when it next came time to test the Arisen.

The Arisen is a human who has their heart stolen by the Dragon (quite literally, the Dragon takes it, still beating, right out of the Arisen's chest and swallows it). Although this ensures the Arisen can never age, their human mortality remains as they can be killed by poison, combat (physical or magical), falling from great heights, etc. Should an Arisen slay the Dragon, the hearts of all Arisen prior who chose not to face the Dragon will be returned and their true age will catch up to them. There are those in the world who are former Arisen who have lived for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Should their hearts be returned upon the defeat of the Dragon they will age into dust.

For those Arisen who face the Dragon, they are given a choice: Face him in battle, or surrender the life of the person they hold most dear to send the Dragon back to the Rift. If the Dragon slays the Arisen during their battle, it returns to the Rift to await its next summoning when a new candidate for Arisen is born.

Pawns are mysterious humans summoned by the Arisen from Rift Stones. They are devoted heart and soul to the Arisen, and will fight to their dying breath to protect them against any foe no matter how fearsome. For reasons unknown, Pawns can be instantaneously incapacitated by the Dragon when it rears up for a special Roar. Arisen, beware.

The New Story

"In another place, in another life, another child of man blazes your path..

."​

In an age long past, the Arisen did slay the Dragon. The Arisen did face the Seneschal and emerged victorious, but rejected the role of Guardian of the world and slew themselves with the Godsbane blade. The soul of their Pawn reawakened within their body and lived the remainder of their master's life in their stead as a humble citizen in the fishing town of Cassardis.

However... The will of the Seneschal will not be denied.

The vacancy of the Guardian's Throne has opened Pandora's Box. A darkness now stirs. Creeping ever closer to the power of Creation. As it extends its hand it takes hold of the light, dousing it while assimilating its power for its own.

Thus begins the reign of the Mad Seneschal, a former Arisen slain by the previous Seneschal who escaped the bonds of his Draconic prison through sheer force of will. With the powers of the Creator at his beck and call, he has opened a permanent gateway to the Rift allowing not one, but multiple Dragons and all manner of monsters to escape its reaches and infest the world.

And thus our story begins...

The Characters

Call me old fashoined, but I thought it'd be fun for any fans of this IP to dive into a new yet familiar atmosphere where a fallen Arisen who, by the same force of will which led them to slay the Dragon of their time, rose from the Rift to grasp the power they knew they were destined to occupy. The power of the Seneschal, and therefore Creation, is now theirs to command. But the limits of that power have become all too clear...

The Dragons still exist to serve the purpose they were originally created for: to find new candidates who would become Arisen and accept the challenge of the Seneschal.

And so, we come to our characters!

I'm looking for two, and only two people who would join me on this world-saving quest!

All of our characters will be Arisen (three Dragons in the world each trying to fulfill the same purpose), and each will occupy one of the three starting Vocations of Fighter, Strider, and Mage. From there, we can rise to the advanced versions of Warrior, Ranger, and Sorcerer. We will not be including the "mixed" Vocations since I want each character to be unique from the next and not have any crossover. In previous RP's similar to this one it's caused unnecessary competitiveness and hurt feelings when people felt their role was being encroached and/or stolen from them.

I'm a "No Drama" GM. So this decision is final.

This will be the Character Sheet we'll be using:

Code:
[b]Name:
Picture:[/b] (anime or anime-style CG preferred)

(if you can mix both of the above using photoshop or any other similar tool, please do so)

[b]Age:[/b] (minimum character age of 20)
[b]Height:
Weight:[/b] (try to be reasonable here, and if you need to use a BMI calculator to find a healthy weight please do so)

[b]Vocation:
Equipment:[/b] (we all start with the weakest versions of our respective weapons and armor, I will create an OOC listing it if peeps are interested in the RP)

[b]Personality:[/b] (minimum of one paragraph so we get an idea of who your character is)

[b]Biography:[/b] (minimum of one full paragraph so we get an idea of your character's history before they became Arisen)

If you have any questions please feel free to DM me! I'm always happy to answer as many questions as you may have!

Cheers!

- GojiBean

EDIT!!

Characters Page
Lore Page

Last edited:
I love this concept so much! I've always wondered about what the state of the world would be like after the end of the first game, and this seems like the perfect opportunity to explore it. One question I have: Will the setting for this be based solely in Gransys? Or would we be able to branch out to other Kingdoms and duchys?

I love this concept so much! I've always wondered about what the state of the world would be like after the end of the first game, and this seems like the perfect opportunity to explore it. One question I have: Will the setting for this be based solely in Gransys? Or would we be able to branch out to other Kingdoms and duchys?

Hi there!

Thanks for the interest!

I never considered going beyond Gransys. I know there are at least four confirmed locations outside of Gransys that are mentioned in the game. Hearthstone, Meloire, Liore, and Voldoa. There could be more. I wasn't a completionist, so I may have missed a few things. Lol.

Still, I don't think it's unreasonable to include these regions in the RP. After all, having all 3 Arisen come from Gransys, given the size of the Dragons alone (to say nothing of other logical factors), would be kind of silly. No?

So yeah. I think it's a good idea to include those four other locations as both explorable territory, and possible birthplaces for different Arisen.

I don't know much about them other than what's on the wikia. So we'll probably have to do some further worldbuilding before exploring each of them in more depth.

Sound good?

Hi there!

Thanks for the interest!

I never considered going beyond Gransys. I know there are at least four confirmed locations outside of Gransys that are mentioned in the game. Hearthstone, Meloire, Liore, and Voldoa. There could be more. I wasn't a completionist, so I may have missed a few things. Lol.

Still, I don't think it's unreasonable to include these regions in the RP. After all, having all 3 Arisen come from Gransys, given the size of the Dragons alone (to say nothing of other logical factors), would be kind of silly. No?

So yeah. I think it's a good idea to include those four other locations as both explorable territory, and possible birthplaces for different Arisen.

I don't know much about them other than what's on the wikia. So we'll probably have to do some further worldbuilding before exploring each of them in more depth.

Sound good?
That's perfectly fine for me. I don't know much about the world outside of the names on the wiki as well, so worldbuilding sounds good. I was of the same mindset, considering how much of a threat dragons are; having them be from multiple regions would make things more interesting as well.

That's perfectly fine for me. I don't know much about the world outside of the names on the wiki as well, so worldbuilding sounds good. I was of the same mindset, considering how much of a threat dragons are; having them be from multiple regions would make things more interesting as well.

Awesome.

Well, since we have two people showing interest I'll go ahead and make a couple Extra Pages for us. One for lore, including my own spin on the four locations mentioned (which I'll be open to new ideas about, btw), and one for character sheet submission.

I'm a GM who likes to take a look at the characters who'll be joinin' my own just to make sure it's all on the up and up, ya know?

Once they're done I'll link them here for you guys.

I'm just here for the Chimera genocide

Lol.

EDIT!!

The Characers and Lore pages are now linked at the bottom of the Interest Check post above.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back