• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dragon's Divide (Sebastian x Liam) [Closed]

Faded_Neon

Very witty
Peace could always be found above the clouds. There is no death, no violence, no malicious intent up in the endless sky. Though, one could suppose not all would know what that's like. Unless of course, you had a certain winged companion to take you to such great heights. Sebastian smiled softly, his frost-blond hair brushing vicariously through the wind as he soared through the setting sky upon his beloved partner, Johanna. The feathered dragon flew smoothly through the breeze, offering her friend no threat to his safety as she always provided. Sebastian's hazel eyes gazed upon the horizon, as the setting sun created a magnificent myriad of warm colors in the sky the two had glided through. However the male knew it would soon to time to touch down to the earth, in search of shelter for the night..

Luckily they had been closing in on a small nearby town in the distance, where Sebastian decided would be just as good a place to stop as any. The duo slowly descended from above, Johanna softly landing in the nearby woods just outside the town to let her friend climb from her back onto the ground. Reaching out, Sebastian gently caressed over the feathered scales on Johanna's head, where she let out a soft, delighted sound. "Fret not my dear friend. We will reunite in the morning. Rest well, Johanna.." With that, the male set his way towards the inviting town, equipped only with his fluted staff secured onto his back. Johanna knew her companion would call her back when they were ready to depart once more.

Night had just began to fall over the sky when Sebastian finally arrived in the seemingly well-populated town. The locals seemed rather lively at night, hearing bellows of laughter and merriment throughout the streets as the dragon rider walked about. Eventually he had located his pseudo-destination; a tavern he would rest at for the night. The tavern mirrored what Sebastian had seen outside; plenty of lighting, loud merriment and endless laughter throughout its space. Patrons of all sorts had come in for either food, drink or a place to stay the night for passersby. After paying the innkeeper for a room upstairs for a night and a hot bowl of what looked like a hearty vegetable stew, Sebastian sat himself in a corner seat of the tavern, resting his decorated staff against the wall beside him. His hazel eyes scanning curiously over the room of patrons as he contently ate his meal.

Liam was being practically hearded by his father and four other companions. Being that of the elite five, they were to arrive separately from the rest of the Dragon Slayers clan, the entire journey by horseback. After riding for so long, his back became sore and his leg numb where the sheathed sword repeatedly thumped. His father rode alongside him, looking straight out ahead. His face was masked with an emotionless stare, and Liam found himself attempting to do the same. His excitement overpowered his blank face, though.

The path began to smooth out, indicating they were close to civilization. Liam could hear one of his four companions, Ogden Van, speaking about the women and cooked mutton he would buy once they arrived for the night. Liam himself was more excited for the conversations with people other than the thought of buying women. In fact, women wasn't of an interest to him in the slightest.

The sun had long set by the time they had actually arrived, and the streets, pubs and taverns were all filled with jolly drunken men, most of which had a woman or two attached to their shoulder. The elite five and the clan leader all dismounted their horses, Liam pressed the palm of his hands to the small of his back, and leaned backwards, a long needed stretch.

They all entered the tavern, hit with an overwhelming amount of chatter. The six filled the last remaining seats on the bar, their swords tapping quietly against the stools as they did so, all ordering the same roasted mutton with a side of vegetables and bread. Liam, being the only one sitting next to a stranger, turned towards the boy and offered his biggest smile and loudest hello.

Sebastian could barely turn his head in time to look when a certain feeling washed over him. Just as his head turned to face the entrance, there he saw. Six figures entered the tavern, seeming to have traveled together by the looks of it. The male tried to appear oblivious to their presence, although his curious eyes kept a watch over as the band sat themselves. The last of them, a blond like himself but this male carried eyes as pale blue as the sky. They were beautiful..
The male had caught himself almost blatantly staring, quickly turning his back back down towards his food. But besides what his eyes had seen, there was something else.. almost like a presence unseen to the eye. He could feel almost a vibration in the air when the male sat beside him. Slowly, again Sebastian's head turned. However this time is traveled downward, as if something were guiding him to this strange essence. Just as his hazel eyes were about to rest on the blond's sheathed blade, his eyes shot open when he realized the male had turned towards him with a rather chipper greeting accompanied by a rather pleasant smile. 'W-Woah..'
Sebastian thought to himself quietly. A strange feeling crept over the male, it began in his stomach...butterflies? No way.. Without wanting to seem rude, the tamer quickly returned the smile with a warm gesture, his hazel eyes resting to stare back against the stranger's pale blue hues. "E-Evening. You folks seem like you're enjoying your night so far." His voice was rather soft, even though he needed to speak up in the rather noisy setting they were in.

Liam's grin grew wider as the stranger spoke, eager to hold a conversation with someone other than the blokes he'd been traveling with the past, unknown amount of days. The newfound strangers face had soft features to it, making him even more inviting to speak to. He spoke quietly, almost to the point anybody else would not be able to hear. His voice seemed quite beautiful to Liam, and peaceful. As if the stranger had only seen the good in life, unlike himself.
"I'd say we are," Liam replied. "We've been traveling for days now, and I can't speak for them, but I'm desperate for a conversation with someone other than those fools. All they talk about is food and women!" He laughed at that. He placed his elbow upon the bar counter, leaning his cheek onto his palm. "What about you? Are you enjoying your evening?" As he said that, his eyes scanned the surrounding area, searching for anybody who could be accompanying the boy. Surely he wasn't alone? Being alone, to Liam, was absolutely dreadful, and could take a large toll to his ego, even. Though, he reminded himself, everyone is different, and it could be very likely the stranger liked to be alone. To ease his curiosity, he spoke up again. "Are you here with anybody?"

Without noticing, Sebastian's mouth found itself slowly slipping into a wider grin as he listened to the blond beside him. His voice was affirmative, confident.. "My evening is going well. I was traveling myself for some time and decided to rest for the night." He replied when the male asked, who had rested that chiseled cheek onto his palm. It was a strange feeling..Sebastian felt comfort, but it seemed like there was a certain vibration nearby. Something unsettling..
Those thoughts though were put to the side, when he was met with another question. The blond had asked if Sebastian was accompanied with anyone. The male was never really one for lying.. "Yes, actually. My companion and I have been travelling together for quite a while now. However she's not overly fond of crowds, she went somewhere a bit more quiet for the night. We'll be meeting up in the morning, though tonight you'll find only myself." Raising an arm, Sebastian extended his soft hand out towards the male. "My name is Sebastian. It's a pleasure to meet you."

With his free hand, he poked at his food with his fork, keeping his gaze fixed upon the newfound stranger. He noticed a grin etch its way to his face, and his grin softened. The boy seemed more and more innocent with each passing minute, but something was tugging at Liam, telling him he's not as fragile and innocent as he looked.
He felt a slight disappointment at word of his female companion, though wasn't too upset. He was rather used to the normal straight pairing. He scuffed the tip of his shoes against the bar of his stool as he listened, trying to keep his attention trained on the boy, but he could hear his companions speaking of their positions in the upcoming battle.

Once the lad said his name, he sat upright, suddenly indulged into the conversation. "Sebastian?" He spoke with a soft smile. "I once had a steed named Sebastian. He was quite beautiful. Though he died long ago, I don't remember why." He thought back to the few memories he had, then quickly changed direction yet again. "I'm Liam," he finally chirped. Deciding to ease his curiosity on his companion, he pried further. "Is your companion your...lady?" He asked, raising his brow in a friendly manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back