• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

BlueCelebi

professional couch potato
In ancient times, dragons terrorized the lands. They preyed on the weak and took often pleasure in destroying them, wreaking havoc upon humanity. They are well known as harbingers of death and destruction and for unleashing them throughout the world. Humans lived in constant fear of these monstrous creatures for centuries, for while the dragons were few in number, they were far mightier than any army could ever hope to be. It was a miracle civilization managed to even exist in such times.

Finally, the hopes of humanity bore fruit. Refusing to bow to the dragons any longer, the largest kingdoms of the world joined forces and created an organization called the Hunters. The mightiest warriors of the world banded together to create the largest military force ever seen in this world. And somehow, after one decade of the bloodiest war known to history, humanity managed to defeat the dragons. The casualties were unlike any seen before; the Hunters lost over 90% of their forces in battle. But in the end, they won the war, and humanity was ushered into an era of peace and prosperity never seen before, and the battle came to be known as the Great Victory.

The role of the Hunters was not over, though. Despite the fact that the dragons themselves had been defeated, their servants remained. In the shadows, there existed cults who worshiped the dragons as gods since ancient times. The vain dragons, pleased with the praise and offerings they received from these humans, recognized the benefit of keeping clans of servants. The dragons shared their blood with these cults. The blood had mystical and transformative powers, and the once-human worshipers morphed into a crude race halfway between dragons and humanity. When the dragons were slain by the Hunters, their servants were outraged at the deaths of their masters, and they vowed to take revenge. The Hunters and the Dragonbloods have been bitter enemies ever since, and though the war is technically over, many fierce battles continue.

Alas, the truth is a sad tale that had been told before: history is not always exactly what it seems.

It was true that a great many demons were violent and evil. However, it was also true that good dragons, while few, existed as well. The benevolent dragons wished for an end to the cruel ones just as much as humanity did, and they assisted the Hunters in wiping out the evil dragons. However, fearful that the benevolent dragons would turn on humanity just like the others, humanity turned their lingering hatred toward the good dragons who remained. The Hunters betrayed the benevolent dragons and killed them while their guard was down. The Dragonbloods who served these benevolent dragons never forgot this betrayal, and the Hunters rewrote history to make sure the Betrayal never came to light. To ensure humanity never found out the truth, they continued to hunt down the Dragonbloods and attempt to wipe them out for good.

One hundred years have passed since the Great Victory. No one is left alive to remember it, but the tale is told through songs and stories. The Hunters are now the main army and government organization of the world, protecting the people and keeping order while simultaneously trying to root out the Dragonbloods, which are all that remain of the dragon's influence on the world.

Your character is a Hunter who absolutely despises dragons and their servants. They capture my character, who is the child of the chief of one of the most notorious Dragonblood clans. They would much rather have slain MC where she stood, but for some reason, it was ordered that she was captured alive. YC feels that something suspicious is going on, as the leaders of the Hunters have never ordered that a Dragonblood be captured alive before. They attempt to ask questions about the unusual circumstance, but are kept completely in the dark. During their travel back to the headquarters to deliver their prisoner, they find themselves having the opportunity to do something they never thought they could even stomach doing: talking to a Dragonblood. Though she is just as crude and violent as YC expected a Dragonblood might be, she seems to know more than she lets on. Slowly, they begin to realize that perhaps the reason the Hunters are keeping this specific Dragonblood alive is because she has information they desire, and through traveling with MC, YC begins to have the slightest suspicion that the history they know by heart might not be the complete truth.

Heyo, heyo! If you're still reading this, that means I've caught your attention! My name is Runey. I'm a huge geek, I love gaming, and I've been RPing for about five years. I'm looking for someone to play out this plot that I've had rolling around in my head for a good while! I realize that backstory was quite lengthy, but please bear with me while I continue on to explain the details and rules and such. :)

As stated above, your character will be a Hunter, while my character is a Dragonblood. I have a rough timeline for the direction this narrative could head, but I am extremely flexible and more than willing to work with you to edit things and figure out the direction together! Everything is written in pencil, not pen. Or...since we're on computers, we can always erase what we type, lol.

This is a high fantasy setting, but I have not added any fantastical elements besides dragons. If you want to add any fantastical elements to the story, such as magic, I'd love to hear all your ideas and suggestions! :)

I would like this to be a romantic RP. Obviously, there are several other plot points, and romance definitely won't be the main focus right away, but having romance in this RP is a must for me, classic slow burn enemies-to-lovers style. If that isn't your forte, then sorry amigo, this isn't the one for you. That being said, my character is a female. I would prefer for your character to be male, but if you have a super interesting character in mind who's female, then I'd be willing to look at her! I've just done quite a lot of FxF lately and I'd like to change things up a little. :)

Naturally, I have a few rules and other points to go through:
  • Please be 18+.
  • Ditch friendly, as long as you warn me.
  • Please try to reply at least once every other day or so. Multiple times a day would be fantastic, but I realize people have lives outside this website and not everyone has that kind of time.
  • I try to mirror my partner, but in general I'm semi-literate to advanced literate (2-3 good sized paragraphs normally, but depending on the plot and setting I've done up to 12+), and would prefer someone who could write about that range.
  • Please include realistic faceclaims in your CS. You don't have to add anything besides faceclaims, but if you include visuals for other things such as scars, clothes, et cetera I will love you forever.
  • No sexual content due to site rules obviously, but fade to black is fine.
  • Please don't come here looking for something short and sweet. I'm aiming for something long-term.
  • I only RP in PMs or on Discord. I prefer PMs, but if you're more comfortable with Discord, I'm willing to move there. :)
  • Plot building is super important to me. Please be willing to bounce ideas off me.
  • Please PM me if interested; I likely won't respond to posts in this thread unless it is a basic question.
  • I have no limits and no triggers, but please let me know if you have any so I can steer clear of them!
  • Dark themes in RPs are a necessity for me. Angst, horror, suspense, psychological, drama, and all that good stuff are my lifeblood, and when I say I have no limits, I mean it. I fully intend to make my character suffer have my character face some hardships through this story, and while there's always plenty of time for lighthearted moments to be squeezed in, this isn't a happy-go-lucky story. Of course, it's not necessarily the darkest doom-and-gloom either. :)
I think that's about everything! Once again, please send me a PM if you're interested! <3

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back