• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dragonfall

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

1662495700747-png.1019693

@handle

Interactions:
Tireisa
Mentions: VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Arkos Skadi

Arkos heard the breathing of the other people in the room. His closed, he grouched to himself about how he didn't last as long as he would of liked. He heard another person talk. Thinking back, he realized it was the bar keeper. I hope she's okay, he thought to himself.

“Looks like we both got in a little more trouble than expected, I’m sorry”

He snapped out of his stupor.
"It's fine," He laughed gruffly, then groaned as it stretched some of the burns. "I would of helped even if someone hadn't of asked. People could of died, but they didn't and that's what matters." He groaned more as he struggled to sit up. The skin pulled tightly. His nature dragon tattoo was warm, but since it was partly damaged it healed him slower than usual. "I'll be fine in a couple hours though."

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

Lance smiled down at Tiriesa, crossing his arms. "Are you joking? Now that I've actually found...others like me, I'm not letting you out of my sight."
VeiledPariah VeiledPariah Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat

Lance Jumped as the elven dragon slayer came up to answer his question.
"Ah yes. Er, thank you." He offered her a nervous smile. "You ah, fought well out there. From the little I saw. Hard to see much of anything in that rain!"
He glanced out the window, the glass still being pelted occasionally with droplets as the wind changed. "I'm Lance. These are my friends as of tonight: Eramis and Tiriesa." He introduced the two women, one injured and recovering on an infirmary bed. "I am glad to be in here though, and not out there." He spoke loud enough for others to hear.
He paused for a moment before speaking again. "I saw something. Out there, when I slew one of the basilisks. There was something mixed in with its blood. Some...dark liquid. Have you seen the like before?"
blitzfritz blitzfritz Bronco Bronco Zazz Zazz The Grand Fool The Grand Fool Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

Kob moved from bedside to bedside like a whirlwind, it was all his assistants could do to keep up with him. He stopped at Arkos with a fresh set of towels and a vial in one hand.
"Now that the venom has been neutralized, we can start treating the wound." That was a cue for an assistant. Leo stepped up holding a cloth soaked in warm water
"This won't be pleasant." She admitted before gently dabbing at the giant's ruined skin.
As she cleaned Kob applied a cooling salve that numbed the pain. Another slayer set a pot of tea down on a table beside the bed.
"One cup now, and another in a few hours. The pain will likely wake you when it's time. Your arm should be usable by morning at least."
Leo nodded down at the giant lad. "You fought like a wild animal, but looking at you in the light, you seem...how old are you anyway?"
The Grand Fool The Grand Fool

Lance had seen the altercation between Tatiana and the injured man and frowned deeply. There it was, that same feeling he had when he met Eramis and Tiriesa for the first time. Lance made a face, he really didn't want to leave the dragons he'd found, even if it was just out of the door, still...he had to know.
"I'll be back in a moment."
He took a small role of cotton bandage and jogged to catch up with her. "Hey! I never thanked you properly I don't think, so, thank you."
He thought for a moment, then added. "That man was out of line. It shouldn't matter who you are, you helped us when we needed it. That should be enough."
"I'm no healer, but I can bandage a wound well enough, I saw you were hurt."
Lance held up the bandage roll in one hand.
"What did he mean by "One of those"?"
Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat VeiledPariah VeiledPariah .titania .titania

Phayne Phayne

5a24126cd432246986a38cef6c411df0.jpg
Marshal Osborn Merek
Interactions: SilverFlight SilverFlight Mentions: Zazz Zazz blitzfritz blitzfritz Bronco Bronco
Art by Kekai Kotaki on Twitter;

Marshal paced left and right, never content to plant himself on a chair or wait in pace as he listened to the observations, complaints, or gratitude in the room. The rain, although lessened since the beginning of this arrival, still made its presence known to the occupants. Marshal at one point thought that the rain would turn to hail then pelt the glass down, but it seems that his fears would be unfounded. One of the people who aided the defence of the town, Lance, quickly introduced himself then his compatriots, newly acquainted as well. The walking grizzly-of-a-man paused in his speech all of the sudden, which honed Marshal's attention to a knife's edge. Then he spoke up again, asking if they had seen a mysterious black ooze leaking from the basilisks.

At this prodding, Marshal turned his back to others as he carefully unsheathed the inky-black blade. A quiet hum of power as its violet core sparked power into the sheath and Marshal's gauntlets. He did not remove it fully, instead inspecting the length that had been embedded into the basilisk's back. The blade is clean. Which is not altogether a surprise for Marshal as it frequently burned off viscera whenever it came into contact.

If the blade had not tasted that dingy, doleful fluid then where did he think he saw it? Then it dawned on him with the assurance of the rising sun. Except it would prove to be not all too useful information.

"I saw the drippings of that liquid behind my horse, it kicked a basilisk though I can't be exactly sure, you know. Dark, stormy, and all that. If it came from two basilisks, could it have been poison?"

1665435497409.png
Eramis Quill

"Theyre human, I can tell." A sudden voice startled Eramis, she turned quickly to face the source. The woman responsible was tall and beautiful, with an almost angelic ambience about her. "Not a drop of elven blood in their system," she finished. Eramis gave a quick look over. Her skin was pale and fair, even more than Eramis. She was thin, but not from malnourishment, infact it was quite the opposite. Eramis could see the toned-ness of her physique from the parts that weren't buried beneath armor, even her face, appearing feminine at first glance, seemed strong. A brief recollection of memory told Era that she was standing before an elf, for the very first time. What really gave it away was the point of an ear that briefly poked through the dark strands of hair, before retreating into hiding with a movement of the woman's head. Eramis' eyes twinkled in awe upon the realization. She remembered a particular scholarly historian back home who would recite accounts and findings about elves. Dragons did not come across elves too often, at least where Eramis was from, and they were a wonder. Their societies were so strict and complex yet very logical and balanced. The quality of elves most beloved by Eramis and her scholar friend was that of their respect for nature. Sure that respect varies by the individual, but from what Eramis remembered was that most Elvish teachings were about appreciating and giving back to the Earth that unconditionally provides for all. The elves were heroic in Eramis' eyes, and this by-chance encounter was like seeing a unicorn.

"Oh! Eramis m'dear!" The shrill voice caused Eramis to flinch. It was Mrs. MacKenzie, entering the infirmary and flailing her arms about to get the young woman's attention. Eramis sighed with her eyes closed, mentally preparing for the inevitable smothering that was due. The plump woman that was Mrs. MacKenzie fumbled with her skirts as she maneuvered through the business of the infirmary, muttering curses under her breath when she'd trip over a hem of her skirt. When she reached Eramis she threw her arms around the dragon's petite frame, "Oh thank the stars lass! I was so worried about ye!"

Eramis, who made effort to keep herself from falling over, struggled for air under the tight wrap of the embrace. She gave a nervous smile, "Im alright," she mumbled, her mild nothern-Brixish accent protruding with the roll of her R's. It wasn't as thick as the MacKenzie's, nor the rest of Dun Gannon for that matter, but it was there, occasionally slipping out with certain words.

"Are ye alright, then? I didna see you through the crowd on our way up to the keep, thought I lost ye! Thought somethin' happened to ye!"

Eramis shook her head and took a deep -- and much needed -- breath once the older woman finally released her from her bosom. She patted Mrs. MacKenzie's arm and gave a reassuring smile, "You should rest," Eramis advised. Mrs. MacKenzie gave a relieved sigh, one that Era could tell she had been saving till she found the little dragon and could be put at ease. She nodded, "Ye're right, lass. I spotted a wee room not long ago, I think I'll have a lie down," she huffed, patting her chest. "Dinna go disappearing on me again now," she warned with a wag of her finger before waddling back out of the infirmary and disappearing down the corridor.

Eramis turned back around to catch the end of conversation between Lance and Morriel. The large man noted something mixed in the basilisks blood with deep concern earning the same confused worry from Eramis, "I saw the drippings of that liquid behind my horse, it kicked a basilisk though I can't be exactly sure, you know. Dark, stormy, and all that. If it came from two basilisks, could it have been poison?" Another individual had joined the group discussion upon hearing Lance's inquiry. The silver dragon gave that thought good consideration. It was a good guess, but then would that mean the basiliks themselves had been poisoned? Were they acting out in pain rather than malice? Or perhaps acting in accordance to something or someone's bidding? Eramis suddenly grew sad at the possibility, and felt rather guilty about their deaths if that were the case, but still, unnatural blood can mean anything. Suddenly, both herself and Lance were distracted by the same exchange of words that could be heard from a mile away. The previous healer seemed to be getting a disapproval from an injured man in bed, for what reason she wasn't sure but either way his words seemed uncalled for. Eramis put a pin in the basilisk conversation and scowled with closed fists. "I'll be back in a moment," Lance beat Eramis to the punch, and with out another moment's notice made his way to the woman in the line of fire. Violet eyes followed Lance as he went after her, agreeing that he was most likely best suited for this job. Eramis would've likely scolded that man, breaking the silence the always carried. It's best not to act out, at least not in this squishy, non-threatening human body. It wasn't her place. Throwing a shade of annoyance toward him with a disapproving glance from the corner of her eye, she turned back around to Tireisa and the elf, taking a deep breath to unravel the anger that knotted up in her.

SilverFlight SilverFlight
VeiledPariah VeiledPariah
blitzfritz blitzfritz
Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

Last edited:

Slayer
ARKOS SKADI

Arkos looked up at the people that came towards him. One of them, a lady slayer, dipped a towel and started dabbing the sores that the acidic venom from the basilisks caused. He gritted his teeth, but staid silent. This was nothing compared to the pain he felt in the process of getting the sores. Good thing the sores were only on his upper body. The furs that covered his pants as extra armor had absorbed and dissolved in the acid. He looked at the brown haired lady. She was rugged, but handsome. She had a proud scar that adorned her face. He smiled through the pain.

"Thank you," he wheezed through the pain.

He knew she was a battle hardened veteran, but she showed gentleness in the application of the treatment. Another slayer came with a strong smelling brew. Wrinkling his nose, he listened to the instructions. Drinking the tea, he listened to the lady's comment on his fighting style, and then she asked his age. He pulled down the cup and frowned. He didn't really like telling people his real age. Being a half-giant, most people thought he was ten to twenty years older than his sixteen years he spent alive. People usually reacted in one of two ways. Disbelief, because nobody his size and fighting prowess should be sixteen, or fear, because he's not entirely human. Looking away from the dragon slayer, he studied a wall hanging.

"I'm sixteen," he mumbled. "But been slaying monsters since I was twelve."

Tireisa nodded her thanks to the pair and readjusted herself on the bed once more laying back down after a drink. She could not do much at this time but heal what was mended and idle with not much but her own thoughts. The other two moving off to conduct their own conversations she looked around the room studying her surroundings now that she could see better than earlier in the night.
Her mind however was preoccupied with that bit of information about the compass and overhearing about the blackened blood to which she too had noticed during the excursion. Her answer to this was simple. Someone or something was targeting the slayers, and by extension herself although she was possibly just in the crossfire. Yet it seemed strange that so many of her kind were present at the tavern the night it was attacked. Could they have been the targets?
If so what was masterminding this plot?, and how was it even possible? Tireisa softly shook the notions from her head. After all it may have just been a coincidence and to create another enemy would only cause more stress. Her way forward was clear.

She would heal up, and find that compass before they could use it to harm her kind and maybe use it to find answers on how to change back.

Titania unfamiliar to the unkind words of the man. It had been surprising at first when she woke up, not understanding why some people reacted the way they did to her white markings and amber colored eyes. The Verlorean people were different in many ways from some of the other nations; most of the people were nomadic, wandering across the desert from oasis to oasis. Sometimes that was enough to be called barbaric. But she was seen as worse than that. White markings were only seen on raiders. Way back before grand cities were possible, nomadic tribes would invade other surrounding countries. It was violent and cruel; people would be slaughtered no matter there age or sex, homes burned to the ground, an entire town ravaged to nothing but blood and smoke. Those raiders, the muharibi aldam, were menaces that travelled outside of Verlore and even made it across the ocean to terrorize other countries such as Tal-Kang and Brix. At some point, there need for violence and greed for resources garnered an infamous name. Mercenaries and soldiers -at the urge of people living in fear- were sent as a subjugation to the relentless attacks.

Many of the Verlorean raiders were exterminated and the few surviving ones fled back to the hot sands of Verlore. That distinctive tribe that left such a bloody mark on so many different countries was remembered by the intricate white markings that they dyed there skin with. Titania had the markings on her when she woke up, not clearly understanding what they meant until a patient had reacted to her similarly how the man had. Once outside the infirmary, she leaned her back onto the solid wall, pulling her wounded hand from her cloak. The self-inflicted cut was smaller already, dark blood crusted around the edges and done bleeding. Honestly, she could most likely leave it uncovered to heal overnight. Her amber eyes were so drawn on the cut that she hadn't heard nor seen the man from earlier approaching her. Titania lightly spooked, gaze shooting up and hand being drawn behind her back. As a woman, she was considered decently tall at five foot ten -even in her home country- but this man was a decent size taller than her. But there was a strange feeling she had around him, similar to how she felt about the white-haired girl from earlier. She ignored the feeling as adrenaline but now she knew it was something else. Her eyebrow twitched upwards at the thanks given to her.

She nearly reached her hand out to the man at the offer of bandaging but hesitated when questioned, eyes narrowing defensively, "A muharibi aldam, or Blood Warrior." She made sure to clarify the language "People from long ago that hurt many. Nowadays, they're mostly assumed extinct." Titania observed his eyes to see if he was familiar with the term but otherwise, held her hand out for him. The blood was dry at the point and harmless to the touch.

Mentions: Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat Interactions: SilverFlight SilverFlight (Lance)

"Sixteen, Drake's balls." Leo swore. "What sort of a life have you had to start killing monsters at twelve?" But then Leo shook her head. Likely it wasn't one he wanted to discuss with strangers.
"Get some rest lad." She said gruffly. "Let's see how you feel in the morning."

Lance listened to Tatiana's explanation. "Well, you helped me tonight, so you won't get any judgement from me, and if anyone gives you trouble here, you just send them my way."
.titania .titania

As night wore on, the few dragoons that still called the keep their home ran to fetch blankets and set up cots for the townsfolk. The dorms were spacious and, for the most part, unoccupied.
Lance was uneasy about leaving the infirmary, not wanting Tireisa to spend the night alone. Finally, he was convinced to head to a dorm room with a pillow thrust into his arms.
"I will be back first thing tomorrow." He promised. "Then we should probably have a talk about what to do..."
Lance had no idea what to do. He had found other dragons, finally and at long last, but what next? How were they going to go about regaining their dragon forms? Was it even possible?

The excitement of the night finally started to dissipate and sleep reared up to drag at his eyelids. Maybe rest would help him think.
He bid the other dragons a good night, and the humans he has met before following the other men to their assigned dorm.

Once the wounded had been seen to and the infirmary was finally quiet, Leo let out a long sigh.
"So much for this being a quiet night." She grumbled. She had made sure the visiting dragon knights had been given accommodation and now it was time for her to return to her modest room by the training ground.

"If I never see another basilisk it will be too soon." Before she had even finished, several men walked past, carrying the remains of one between them, on their way to Kob's lab no doubt. Leo wrinkled her nose.
Her bed felt softer than it ever had when she finally stripped her armour and collapsed into it. She had no idea how many hours of night were left to her, but she intended to use up every second. Sleep came quickly, and with it, strange dreams of darkness...and dragons.

~~~~

The dawn came anew, and the sun shone and larks sang as if nothing at all had happened the night before. Lance blinked sleepily and sat up, taking a moment to remember where he was. He could see the streets of the town from over the keep walls, and the black stains from the basilisk corpses, which had already been dragged away and lay smouldering in a ditch by the back wall of the town.

Many of the others were still snoring away, so lance crept carefully from the room.
The keep was spacious, if cold. Hearths were only lit in the occupied rooms, so it had been warm enough where he slept most of the night, but the halls were chilled and damp from the cold rain that fell the night before. Lance shivered a little as he walked down the sun-strewn corridor.
It wasn't long before he found his way back to the infirmary, a soft, warm sunlight shining through the windows there, and a heat radiating out from a hearth freshly re-lit.

He glanced about to see if Tiriesa was awake, hoping also to find Eramis there too, or at least on her way. VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Leo didn't want to get up. It was warm under the covers, and the morning had brought a damp mist that was still lurking at the base of the keep, drifting about the officer doors and the gatehouse not far from her room.
It was the smell of fresh bread that finally convinced her. The kitchens were in full working order, trying to prepare a modest breakfast for their guests.
The dragoon rose and dressed in a light tunic and breeches, leaving her armour in her room for now. She made her way to the stables to start her morning routine of feeding horses and cleaning stalls.

Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat VeiledPariah VeiledPariah The Grand Fool The Grand Fool Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian .titania .titania Zazz Zazz Phayne Phayne

1666852400293.png
Eramis Quill

The morning after the basilisk fiasco brought an eerie stillness. Eramis stirred awake when a servant of the keep came into her room to stoke the dying fire. The slumbering dragon opened a single eye to glare at the disturbance, but when she was immediately greeted with a whispering, "Oh! Pardon me, miss. I hope I didna wake ye..." she sat up, raised a hand in dismissal and shook her head with a small smile. The apologetic girl gave a small bow of the head and a gratuitous curtsy before leaving the room with muted steps.

Eramis rose to her feet and stretched the sleep out of her arms while peering down at the still-sleeping Mrs. MacKenzie. That woman could sleep through a roof caving in on her. The damp chamber was drafty, despite the fire burning through the night. Shivering in nothing more than her slip, Eramis dressed herself for the day ahead. Throwing on the same blue dress, still muddy at the hem, along with her soiled slippers to match. However, she deliberately left her corset untouched, she couldn't put it on by herself anyway....at least...that'd be her excuse if Mrs. MacKenzie were to give her a good scolding. The last garment to put on was the navy-blue cloak that hung on the back of a chair near the fire to dry over night. No longer sopping, Eramis took a moment to absorb the warmed fabric in her hands before swinging it around her shoulders.

Quietly, the petite dragon walked through the halls, careful not to disturb anyone else still sleeping, which seemed to be a majority of the town who sought refuge here. The keep was as ghostly as a cemetery and the thought made Eramis shiver, imagining herself walking through an ancient crypt. The cobwebs and dust seemed to encourage her imagination further, that is until she noticed a room with its door wide open. Curiosity led her to poke her head in, and inside she saw the same grim man from earlier, plopped loosely on his stomach from what it seemed in the dark. The heavy stench of alcohol filled the room through the night and wafted toward her. 'He must've drunk himself into a coma by now,' she thought. Feeling sorry for the intrusion, she carefully grabbed the door and ever so gently pulled it shut, careful to keep the quiet in the air undisturbed.

Eramis continued her wandering through the maze of corridors, her white hair glowing in the torch light, and her silent foot steps hardly emitting a semblance of an echo. With her fair skin she appeared almost ghost-like. At last, she reached her desired destination. The infirmary was just as quiet as the rest of the keep, with everyone in it still sound asleep. She took this moment to glance at the large windows in this hall, and realized it was much earlier than she anticipated. The sky, still dark and drowsy, was clouded in a thick mist, the sun just barely starting to make the air glow grey. Etamis spotted Tireisa, still sound asleep thankfully, and decided it was best to let her, and the rest of the injured population, remain at rest.

Outside Eramis noticed a group of women working in the keep's gardens. The servants of a keep were always working, it seemed, even at such ungodly hours as these. With nothing else to do, Eramis approached them and offered her help in thanks for all they've done for the mass of unannounced guests. Some were plucking herbs, some collected wood, and others washed rags and linens from the infirmary at a neighboring stream. The women at work directed Eramis to a more aged woman, who frightened her more when she opened her mouth than the permanent scowl that wrinkled her sour face. "Hm, I suppose I could use the extra hand," she gave Eramis a look over with a hand to her chin, "Prunella was unable to leave her bed this morning, claiming she caught some sort of cold," the sarcasm in her voice caused Eramis to flash a nervous smile. She went on, "Though i suspect shes still shaken up by the basilisks yesterday, ha," she scoffed. The older woman looked down at Eramis' dainty hands and frowned, "Dear girl, you don't seem to have ever worked a day in your life," her hands moved to her hips now, in the same fashion Mrs. MacKenzie did when she was about ready to scold poor Eramis, "I suppose I could give you something easy, like say...gathering wood? Your hands aren't sturdy enough to wash cloth, nor skilled enough to pick herbs properly, so....yes, that'll do!" Eramis was happy to be given a task but hoped for something a little less...dirty, in any case she took the job with grace and bowed in thanks. The bossy woman clapped her hands together a few times and hurried the dragon, "Snip, snip! Hurry on! We don't have all day," she rolled her eyes and left Eramis to her begin her gathering.

The morning was actually quite tranquil. The call of a bird carried its song through the seaside village, and the winds brought in a refreshing scent of sea salt. One of the other women gave Eramis a woven basket to hold what ever sticks, twigs, and logs she could find. While her hands were no longer idle, Eramis felt good to have some sort of purpose. Even after yesterday's events, she worked through the morning, happy for a fresh start. Perhaps this was the only time knowledge of other dragons were truly setting in. Aside from the mystery of the basilisk attack, now that it was over, she can ponder what was really important: sticking to the others and figuring out what was their next move? Was it best to lie low? Continue their fabricated lives, living among humans until they discover what exactly happened to them? Or do they take action, and learn of what happened by taking matters into their own hands. First and foremost, Eramis thought of the dragon slayers that were all around them. they were the first obstacle, and she knew that as soon as everyone was up and able, she'd have to regroup and brainstorm.

TIme had passed quickly while at work, and once she set her gathered materials aside, she made way back into the keep. The sun had finally broke through now, and Eramis noticed the keep growing more lively as the morning made its way. There were more guards on patrol, the smell of food being cooked in the kitchens traveled through the halls, and the silence that once occupied the keep entirely, dwindled down into whispers and faint echoes of who ever was awake. Eramis found her way back to the infirmary, checking again on Tireisa, perhaps she was awake by now. But as soon as she walked through the large doors, she was greeted by Lance instead, who seemed to have the same idea. Perhaps they should search for the others as well.

Phayne Phayne

Thaessalia woke with a low groan, somehow sober. Very, very sober. The ex-slayer slowly stretched out her legs and arms, discovering a deep ache from falling asleep slumped against the wall in the the infirmary; she had stayed by the redheaded barmaid's side, and hadn't even bothered to remove her armor the night before, nor had she wanted to occupy one of Kob's precious beds. Tireisa still appeared to be asleep, and alive.

With a slightly louder groan, Thaess hauled herself away from the wall and stood, eyes squinted. A loud crackle of her joints echoed as she stretched. Light was not her friend.

Opening one squinted eye at the door, she managed to see Eramis and Lance enter the infirmary. Thaessalia turned her back to them and gently checked the barmaid's wound that she'd sewn the night before, making sure the stitches had held and that it wasn't infected.

08a9d31d87f292b06fdc5e843a6e9a8e.png

480741ffc2c31a81e0295d7a98c0a1ee.jpg

~Fevered Dreams - Room in the Keep~
images

Dark and stormy clouds would gather in the skies above, congregating over the sea's that surrounded the island that Agares had called home. The once tranquil ocean surface would soon become a torrent of chaos; the tumultuous waves raging and slamming against one another as if caught in a civil war amongst itself; the wind whistling as if it were a cacophony of applause celebrating the ever growing storm that had now engulf the immediate area around the island.

Up above, the greyish plumes of the clouds would blot out the sunny sky, smothering its warmth with a blanket of cold, merciless fury that threatened to force all those beneath it to succumb to the icy touch of the reapers approach. As that was what the sailors had found themselves rewarded with, the fleet of ships sent to subjugate the islands present inhabitant now facing one of many trials as their ships buckled and waned against the unrelenting onslought of crashing waves.

From up above, Agares would remain; golden eyes watching as the feeble humans below struggled against their trial; the foolish race that was humanity once again being tempted by the witch that was hubris. Oh How foolish a race they were, to willingly force themselves into the belly of the beast, to persevere against the forces of nature itself in an attempt to satiate their innate arrogance in a foolish desire to stand atop the pinnacle of the worlds established hierarchy. The dragon could only snort in amusement as he continued to see them struggle, his snake like body beginning to weave in and out of the darkened clouds above as if to openly mock the insects below before showing his face.

With a simple breath, he could sink their ships... cast them down to the depths below as little more than food for the creatures that lurked beneath. So simple it was... to be the cat to the canary, the monster that ruled the foodchain... yet with a simple flash of lightning, that would change.

Agares would find himself standing upon one of the many ships below; hands fastened tightly against the ropes fastened tightly to the main mast; blisters that dotted his hand popping and tearing as he struggled to maintain his grip against the twine like rope. Beneath him the wooden body of the ship would groan; its construction being put to the ultimate test as another giant wave crashed into its side, threatening to flip it over and capsize the vessel with all its crew on board. A man's cry would cause Agares to turn his head to his side, eyes finding a fellow sailor pointing skyward, his pasty, water lashed skin now a ghostly white as he pointed skyward; beads of sweat intermixed with the salty droplets of ocean water visible against his skin as he froze in terror.

Agares, a mere passenger for this ride could only look in the direction of where the man pointed towards; the face of the large black dragon that was Agares now peering its face through the black clouds above; a faint snicker only recognizable to himself being visible across its monstrous maw as it slowly opened; the swirling air gathering at the base of his tongue before the ball of air was released; the sound of the ship exploding against the force of the dragons assault deafening.
Then darkness.
A small explosion would be heard from his room, before the audible groans of a man would follow. Agares, awakening suddenly would find himself upon the floor of the room he was in with the hay that had made his mattress now littering the entirety of the room as if sent flying in each and every direction by some kind of force. The dark haired man would find himself coated in sweat; his body somewhat numb.

Dazed, confused and reeling from the nightmare; he'd slowly bring himself to a sitting position, back pressed against the cobblestone wall of the keep and gaze lingering up towards the ceiling, his mind a mess from both the alcohol of the night before and the visions that had awoken him so abruptly.

Tireisa spent the remainder of the night doing her best to calm her comrades conceptions of needing to remain at her side primarily Lance and though she marked the sentiment as rather sweet and endearing from of her companions they needed the rest as much as her. Finally once the infirmary had quieted her body let go and sleep quickly found her. A dreamless and invigorating sleep meant for recovery and as the sun began to crest the towns horizon the following day her eyes opened groggily. The first sight being that of Thaessalia checking her wound.
“Still kicking, although not sure about how well”
she retorted with a slight chuckle but she nodded her thanks to the woman’s intervention and continued assistance.
Her skin shivered as she pulled the woolen blanket closer to her to stem the cold of the morning air. Tireisa braced for a moment before reaching for the pitcher and pouring herself a morning drink as she moved her legs to the edge of the stairs infirmary bed and stood albeit a little unbalanced. It was at this moment she noticed her new found friends at the entrance of the doorway and simply smiled through gritted teeth as she placed weight on the thigh wound.

“Have you two even eaten?”
she remarked before sighing and holding out a hand.
“Well give us some help then would you?”

Mentions:
Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz

Arkos Skadi

1662495700747-png.1019693

Arkos looked up at the lady. Aye, lady if you only knew, he thought to himself. Of course, it was to keep his occupied, and it was always a driving passion for him. Even though his grandfather pressed him into the profession, he took it with stride. He grew to admire he strength of those who put their life on the edge. The strength that came with the mental fortitude that was the result that each mission might be their last. Sighing he winced as he settled down in a laying down position. His back burned against the bandages, but it was the pain he could deal with. With the rune of the nature dragon he would be healed entirely by the morning. Eyeing his axe that rested next to the bed he blew a breath of relief.

"Aye lady, you do the same," he replied to her telling him to rest well. "I'll be fine in the morning."

The fire in the infirmary slowly died down, and the slow breathing of the other wounded would have sent him to a dreamless sleep any other night, but tonight he couldn't sleep. Being a half-giant, there were many differences that he inherited from his father's side. He didn't need to eat as often and could eat a wider range of foods, he could drink all other people, except for maybe the dwarfs, under the table, and he didn't need as much sleep as normal humans. He looked at the dancing shadows of the dyeing fire. Sighing he turned over.

It seemed like minutes passed since he closed his eyes, but he felt his muscles tense up. Getting up, he slid out of the bed, looking at the sleeping forms of the other injured. Grabbing his axe, he went to the pavilion, where he started to warm up. Closing his eyes he felt the weight of his axe. It was solid, and been through many hunts with him. Swinging it lightly he started moving. His mind went into the meditating state that his grandfather had hammered into him what felt like so many years ago. He didn't notice the other people waking up and getting to work.

[/side]

Lance brightened visibly when he Caught sight of Eramis coming through the door.
"How did you sleep?"
His quarters had been basic but comfortable, if a little crowded. Most of the townsfolk that had taken refuge there had already risen and begun to return to their homes.

The slayer called Thaes appeared from the corner where she slept and passed them, focused only on checking her handiwork from the night before.
"I'm grateful to the Brix order for putting us up for the night." He told her back.
He grinned at Tireisa when he caught her gaze.
"Glad to see you're still with the living. I'm afraid I haven't been by the kitchens yet."
When he held out a hand Lance hurried to take it and help her.
"Maybe we should all go for breakfast together."

"No Need." Kob was at the doorway, leading a small procession of slayers carrying trays stacked with fresh bread and pastries. There were pitchers of something sweet and warm as well. It smelled divine. Lance's stomach growled.
"Ah, heh, yes please."

Kob stood back with a smile. "Luckily there were no terribly grievous injuries to treat." Kob said as they examined a small brass device from their pocket.
"But as soon as you are feeling fit, Dane would like a word with all of the dragon slayers. The rest of you are free to go whenever you like."
Lance looked to the two young women before turning back to Kob. "I think, given what happened last night, we might need a few witnesses. These two were in the thick of it with us, they should come too."

Kob glanced at Eramis and Tireisa, looking for their opinions on the matter.

Zazz Zazz Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat VeiledPariah VeiledPariah The Grand Fool The Grand Fool

Phayne Phayne .titania .titania Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

8216afb652ea36f87a1cb563c74b3683.jpg
Marshal Osborn Merek
Interactions: SilverFlight SilverFlight Mentions: VeiledPariah VeiledPariah (Theresa) The Grand Fool The Grand Fool (Arkos)
Art by Kekai Kotaki on Twitter;

The night's grace will fly by the young farmer, yet despite the inviting allure of the Sandman he did not sleep a wink. Laying there undisturbed, unarmoured from his steel—feeling naked without it, turning under the sheets with thoughts of the night's happenings. Until at last, the dawn banishes this muddled night. He rose not from the sun's rays, the chirping birds, or the commotion from the people downstairs but simply through routine. The fingers meet the eyelids, desperately trying to rub out the tiredness. He'll manage for the day and if he couldn't, a quick nap would be just the tool for the likes of him.

Quickly he threw on whatever garment he stored for the travel, resulting in a mixed-match blend of drab colours fit more for a farm than belonging to any knightly order. First order of business would be checking Ol' Reg. Feed, brush, and a little talking to since his foray with a basilisk. Emerging from the interior shade, Marshal breathed so wide and deep that it threatened to suck all the viable air. As he wandered to the stables, a part of him wondered about the people in the infirmary. That ginger-haired woman. The foreigner from Tollus and the others.

He reached Reginald and threw his hands to the side. "Good Morning, Reg!" The horse, heart-endearingly loyal, returned the excited energy of his owner. A brief ritual commenced, resulting in a long talk with the horse as if Marshal expected him to talk back.

Until the Dragoon Slayer noticed his old comrade. "Well, well... Do my eyes deceive me, I believe it's the Black Lion here before me. Good morning, Leo." The slayer brushed the mane on his stalwart steed. Tending to other horses, he remembered that. "If you had any other animal to help, I would be more than obliged to see them as well."

"Aye, it's a big empty lump of stone. Might as well put it ter use."

Thaessalia, ever grateful for food, grabbed a bun and tore off the biggest chunk she could fit in her face. She poured four mugs of the sweet, warm liquid and handed them to Lance and Eramis, then promptly scooped the redheaded barmaid up into her arms. "Lead on, then." Her back ached after a night on the cold stone floor, but she'd not have the lass know that. She likely still smelled of ale and blood and rain; didn't need them all thinking she was an old fart with sad bones.

1672212571190.png
Eramis Quill

Eramis cracked a smile when Lance greeted her entry. Her eyes fell upon a now standing Tireisa, and she rushed to help her just as Lance did. Eramis shook her head when her new red-headed friend asked if she had eaten. Eramis didn't even stop to think of food. Too focused on exploring the keep to realize that she was, infact, famished.

The little dragon nodded eagerly when Lance suggested the three should accompany each other for breakfast but was quickly stopped when Kob entered, bringing the food to them. Eramis felt the beast within her awaken with a roar at the sight (and smell) of food, an audible grumble could be heard from her stomach. After a polite bow of her head, Eramis gladly helped herself to the offerings.

"But as soon as you are feeling fit, Dane would like a word with all of the dragon slayers. The rest of you are free to go whenever you like."

A small cough reverberated as the dragon almost choked on his words. Go? Go where? Eramis never stopped to consider what would happen to them after all the hubbub of the basilisks. Infact, she had completely forgotten that in some way or another, they were brought together because of dragon slayer business. Eramis stopped chewing and gave a sideways look to Lance, carefully listening for his next words. She didn't want to part ways with either of them, not yet, especially when she was certain there were still a few others in their situation around them. As if he read her mind, Lance came up with the perfect reason to keep them close, "I think, given what happened last night, we might need a few witnesses. These two were in the thick of it with us, they should come too," he said.

Era nodded in agreement. This was a perfect excuse to stick close but to attend a dragon slayer meeting? It was one thing to be in the same pub where the last meeting took place, but to be a part of it. Good gods, Eramis swore she was going to faint.

Eramis wiped some crumbs from her lips and patted her hands, "I should tell Mrs. MacKenzie first," she started, "Or she'll be worryin' over me." The silver dragon excused herself and hiked up her skirts, weaving through the cots and beds of the infirmary, sliding past the young giant, axe in hand, and scurried out the door and down the corridor.

Boom.

The young dragon gasped at the sudden sound of what sounded like an explosion, and not far from her at all. She jumped and rested one hand on the wall beside her, her frame instantly grew stiff and rigid from the surprise. Her ear drums tickled from the vibration, and down the corridor she could see a plume of dust that erupted from the otherside of a closed door. Eramis rushed to the scene and opened the door, immediately greeted with more dust and...hay? She coughed some, and used one hand to waft away the few shreds of hay that slowly settled in the air. Blinking past the specks of dust that attacked her eyes, she regained her vision and found Agares sitting on the ground, in a hay covered room. "H-Hello?" She managed to call out. Taking a few steps into the room she looked to Agares to make sure he was okay. Her eyes scanned the mess that blanketed the room, then landed back to him, "Did you do this?" she spoke softly, almost afraid to ask. Eramis noticed the sweat drenched clothes on him, along with an absent-minded look occupying his face. Era approached him and put her hands on her knees to get a better look at him. She wasn't sure what to do. Her caring instinct wanted to help him onto his feet but most people wouldn't like being touched by a stranger. The little dragon raised her eyebrows and cocked her head to one side,"Are you hurt?" Maybe he was in pain? Maybe he was injured from the basilisks but didn't say so? "I can fetch some water?" A brief memory reminded Eramis that he was drinking liquids much stronger than water just the night before, "Perhaps...something stronger?"

Once again her eyes wandered around the room. How could one person have made such a mess? And where did that explosion come from? It was then that Eramis felt that familiar tingle again. It sent shivers up her arms and down her spine. She held her breath for a moment, putting two and two together. Before this life, before this body, Eramis was a wind dragon, therefore, she knew that this was the work of the same kind. 'No one can know,' she thought, and left his side to close the door she left open behind her, poking her head into the corridor before doing so. Frantic, she attempted to clean up the room. Whatever happens, they can't know. If the servants come and see this, what would they think? What if they figure it out? What if they figure them out? If they told the slayers? No. They couldn't. No one knew of the dragons in human skins. Even Eramis didn't know the full extent of this phenomenon. No one knows. Right? What if someone heard the explosion? What if someone's coming? Eramis contemplated every possible outcome as she tried to gather the hay to make the room appear less conspicuous. But there was so much of it.

'Curses.'

VeiledPariah VeiledPariah
Phayne Phayne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back