• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dragonfall - Interest check

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter
Dragonfall

9390aa68ada0ca181c60d028e91ca087.jpg

Image by Centradragon

Lore ~ Characters ~ Main ~ OOC

One day, the dragons disappeared. At first, people were wary, worried; dragons had been terrorizing villages, killing people as long as anyone could remember, but as the weeks wore on, and not a scale, not a puff of smoke appeared, they began to rejoice. The reign of the beasts was finally over, some cried, Aerdra was finally free.

No more did ocean leviathans sink ships and steal catches, or sky wyrms decimate high mountain towns. No more did the blazing breath of firedrakes scorch fields, or the earth tremors of rock dragons break city walls, and the high dragons? Rare as a sighting was, now, they were completely gone.

Not everyone was so quick to accept it. The orders of dragon knights, special warriors trained in fighting and killing dragons thought it would be temporary, that they would return in force, or that it was a simple shift in their biology, some migratory instinct that needed a special year to kick in, but the weeks passed, then the months, and slowly the orders began to lose the respect and love of the people, and soon after, they began to fall apart.

Most orders disbanded within four months, the knights taking jobs elsewhere, as mercenaries, or hunters of smaller beasts, minotaurs and gryphons and basilisks and the like. Some joined the armies of kings, and traveled far to fight the wars of others, but some, the last few stayed, determined to find the cause of the vanished dragons.

The day the dragons disappeared; the high dragons were caught unawares. These dragons were no ordinary monsters; they thought, they felt, they spoke. They were intelligent as any human. They had culture, music, customs, clans, unbeknownst to all but a very few, unique humans. The day the dragons left, they were put into a deep sleep. One month past, one cycle of the moon, and when they awoke, they were no longer dragons. Their forms had diminished, their scales had gone and for all they could see, they had become the thing most of them hated above all else: they had become human. They had been put into human bodies, their souls contained, and they had been given lives, whether stolen or constructed they did not know. They had human lives, friends, jobs, families, yet the memory of their dragon selves remained, strong and sharp as a knife under scale.

Many searched desperately for a cure, some searched for the other wyrms, for Elder dragons who may have answers, but even those had gone, just like the rest. Some stayed undercover in their human lives, others rejected them, and set out on their own. Some began to study, they found few answers, and many more questions: A dark stain had begun to creep across the surface of the moon, the monsters remaining in the forests and caves became wild, more aggressive, and more dangerous. With a sinking feeling many realized that they must seek aid in the very people who had been sworn to end them. Dragon and dragon slayer had to join forces.

• The people believe that all of the dragons vanished, and now the dragon knights are disbanding, leaving the remaining orders short on money and failing. In truth, not even the high dragons, the first tier of sapient dragons, know what happened to the others, only to themselves. They were given the forms of humans, either a curse or a protection none of them know, but the world has been this way for half a year now, with no sign of change.

You can play a dragon slayer, or a high dragon, and the goal is to work together to uncover clues and find out what happened, meanwhile it seems the world is suffering from the loss of the dragons in slow and subtle ways.

You can create clans, families, noble lineages, histories, I want to leave the world building fairly open.

The only thing I will say is, you need to be prepared to play as a team, and work with the other players and me, the gm, to create a fun and positive experience for all. I will develop some basic lore and guidelines, and there will be a character sheet you must fill out. To start you can play one dragon and one dragon slayer, no more.

Headphones Headphones Xenobiology Xenobiology Monday Monday The Grand Fool The Grand Fool Lekiel Lekiel

Last edited:
Interested! Possibly in making a dragon slayer character.

Hi!!

Questions then:

How old are the high born dragons?
Do all the high born dragons know each other?
Or did they never band together vs the Dragon Hunters?

Very much interested, in both playing a character and helping to flesh out this world you're putting together.

Speaking of which, are there more species in this world than just humans? If so, are some more magically attuned than others, or is this a low-magic world?

Hi!!

Questions then:

How old are the high born dragons?
Do all the high born dragons know each other?
Or did they never band together vs the Dragon Hunters?
High dragons will either age the same as humans or maybe live twice as long, I haven't decided. They don't all know each other, and they don't know where the others are. They've never joined forces with dragon slayers before, but the slayers know more about dragons than anyone else, and the high dragons are running out of ideas.

Very much interested, in both playing a character and helping to flesh out this world you're putting together.

Speaking of which, are there more species in this world than just humans? If so, are some more magically attuned than others, or is this a low-magic world?
I'm going to say only dragons have real magic, there can be other species of sapient being though for sure, like orcs, elves, dwarves etc.

Interested! I have half-ideas for both a dragon and a dragon slayer..might develop both or just do one :hornskiss:

Can my character be a slayer that never got to become knighted, but got the training/supplies/magic from his grandfather who was a retired trainer?

Goonfire Goonfire Here we go.

And that's certainly enough interest to start it. I'll get to writing! XD

Of course more people are defs welcome.

Last edited:
So dragon people, what element were you thinking of having for your dragon?
I'm going to say that scale colour does not have to dictate element (or vis versa), so your dragons can look like whatever you want.

Tempted to go Lightning or Wind.

What type of FC's are you looking for? Realistic? Anime? any?

So dragon people, what element were you thinking of having for your dragon?
I'm going to say that scale colour does not have to dictate element (or vis versa), so your dragons can look like whatever you want.
Currently thinking about a water or ice dragon (but favoring water).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back