• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Dragonball RP Looking for Players

ChoShadow

That One Fear In My Enemy's Eyes
Hey guys, ChoShadow here!

It's been a while since I last posted about this, but I thought I'd post again to see if there's any interest in a slightly different kind of Dragonball adventure.

This DBZ-style RP has a few changes from the source material, such as being more realistic with the science behind some of the races and abilities present within, but retains most of what makes the franchise what it is. However, some details may be a bit polarizing for some of you who are more die hard fans of the franchise. Those details which could be polarizing will be marked with a '**' so you know that this is something you might disagree with or turn you off to joining. I'm an honest guy and I don't want you to see "Oh a new DBZ, I'll join!" and then find out later that there are things you don't like.

Also, I conduct myself with maturity and request the same of you. If you see something you don't like, but it isn't a deal breaker, kindly just leave it alone and accept it for what it is. Not every RP you've ever joined has had everything you wanted. So just count this as one of those RP's. If you see something you like and it is is a deal breaker, kindly ignore this post and move on.

Thanks!

Here's everything you need to know about the RP right up front so you can make your best decision early on. And I'll start with those that will most definitely be potentially deal-breaking for many of you:

1) Ki is scientifically defined in the RP as plasma, which is super-heated air and exists in a semi-solid/semi-liquid hybrid state which is why it can be touched but isn't actually a "solid" object. It's also why it's incredibly volatile and can/does explode very often upon impact with a surface.

** This presents a problem for those who like techniques like the Kamehameha which can be controlled after release in the source material. In this RP, because Ki is just super-heated air which you've concentrated between/in front of your hands, it's not a part of your body nor is it an extension of yourself as some people like to claim. Being simply a concentration of super-heated air, once you launch, it's going in a straight line until it hits something. There is no controlling it like they do in the show... With ONE exception.

* Races which are known to have telekinesis such as Namekians and Frost Demons can use that technique to manipulate their Ki waves. However, doing so comes with a price. The stronger the blast is, the more concentration it takes to control it. If it's anything nearly as powerful as the Kamehameha, you'll be sitting still as a statue in order to control that sucker which opens to attacks from all angles save the front. So if your enemy dodges that attack and you don't notice or recover in time, it's light's out Mary.

2) Magic, outside of the Dragon Balls themselves, does not exist in this RP.

** Yes, I know. Magic like that of Babidi or Buu is attractive to many fans. But sadly it's not attractive to me as a fan, so I have elected to remove it entirely from this RP's lore. Again, the Dragon Balls and their wish granting ability is the only exception.

3) The Saiyan Zenaki is going to be moderated by yours truly for the sake of fairness, and I'll be doing so by using two Random Number Generators (RNG's).

* The first RNG I'll roll is 1-100 and determines whether it's a Normal or Special Zenaki. Normal is 1-90. Special is 91-100.

- Normal Zenkai = 10%-35% increase in power
- "Special Zenkai" = 1,000%-3,500% (100x normal Zenkai)

(I go into a lot more detail as to why I chose these numbers in the "Lore Page" of the RP)

* Once you reach Super Saiyan, the Zenkai ceases to become a factor in your character's growth after battles no matter how injured you are. Post-Super Saiyan, your character's power after an intense battle will grow by a number between 1%-3.5% (or 1/10th the original Zenkai boost).

** 4) No shouting attack names.

* Yes, I know. I know. Almost everyone shouts their special moves in the show. But that's a cartoon. It's pure entertainment and the enemies in the show always miraculously sit still waiting for the attacks to finish. Realistically, that would never happen in a real battle. Not only do you give away your position by shouting, but you waste time by speaking which gives your enemy precious moments to evade, counter, or even bypass your technique entirely. While you're shouting your attack name, the enemy will disappear and reappear next to you and punch you in the side of the head.

* So no shouting attack names. You can name your special techniques, for sure. But don't shout them in battle. It's just stupid.

5) Saiyan Society is HEAVILY ALTERED from what it is in the source material. There's a lot of detail to cover, and I do so in the Lore page of the RP which I will link below. So please check that page when you have time to read up on it. It's pretty simple, but detailed.

Lore Page!

OOC

Main Posting Thread (I have posted for my own character already, so you can read up on what she's done so far :D )

Characters Page

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back