• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Dragonball RP Interest Check!

ChoShadow

That One Fear In My Enemy's Eyes
Hey guys, I have designed a new RP based on the Saiyan Race from the Dragon Ball franchise!

The RP itself is Dragonball in name only though, because there are no Dragon Balls, Senzu Beans, Fusion, etc. The reason is because I view all three of them as Deus Ex Machinas, and the proof is quite obvious wherever you look in the franchise. So those three things won't be part of the RP, but almost everything else will. Ultra-advanced technology like gravity training rooms, warp space engines and hyper drives, Ki-Shielded metal spaceships to block your Ki from being sensed out in space, etc. And also your favorite races like Namekians, Frost Demons, Humans, etc. However, Androids are not playable, nor are Majins. Androids are androids, and the Majin is just a label given to soldiers under Bibidi and Babidi's control (so it's not even a race). Sorry.

Anyway, here are the links to the RP's pages so you can see what it's all about!!

OOC - Saiyans Have No Limits (OOC Discussion)
Characters - Saiyans Have No Limits (Characters Page)
IC Posting - Saiyans Have No Limits (In Character Posting)
Lore - Saiyans Have No Limits (Lore)

See you inside!!

Last edited:
Just for fun and for a sneak peek at what kind of Saiyan I would play, here's my intended character profile!

And yes, I realize that there's a lot of records that this character has broken. But please take note of the fact that they have only to do with age and the niche that she occupies as a medic. There are many ways that your characters can also be record breakers, but please be sure to ask if the records you want to break are okay before just throwing them in the profile.

And yes, if there's enough interest I will be sure to provide the information on the Classes of Saiyans, their society, the Raid Corps, etc. So please have no fear if you see something you don't understand just yet. If I get enough interest, all will be revealed. I promise! :D

Thank you!!​

Nomiya

Power Level: 20,050

Techniques: Ki Gradient, Nerve Assault
Special Traits: Ki Control

Finishing Technique: Scalpel
Years Of Experience: 14

Role: Combat Medic

Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 130 lbs
Body Type: Mesomorph
Voice: Nomiya

Relationships:

- Father: Missing
- Mother: Deceased
- Elder Brother: KIA (3 years ago)
- Younger Sister: KIA (3 years ago)
linde_v8_clothed__by_kumoriryuu_dcsps3o-fullview.jpg

”Your life is my first priority… Until someone tries to take mine.”

Personality: In a word: Tough. Nomiya’s voluptuous and slender figure, coupled with her role as a combat medic, belies the fierce warrior she has become. Having joined the Saiyan Raid Corps at the age of ten, the youngest in Saiyan history, she was literally raised in combat and war. As such, her battle instincts are incredibly refined and are at the core of her calm, confident persona. She seldom ever loses her temper which is a rarity among Saiyans with any level of significant pride such as herself, and she doesn’t much care for the ranking system. While it’s not known exactly why she doesn’t care for it, a hint may lie in the fact that she will utilize her skills for any Saiyan she sees in need of them. Not just the Elites who everyone says need her skills before anyone else. Be it kindness or a problem with authority, she is the finest medic the Saiyan Raid Corps has ever produced and is the pride of the Medical Branch of the Corps. And she’s very, very proud of that honor.

Basic Biography: Nomiya was born to a 1st Class Saiyan father and a 3rd Class Saiyan mother. Her father was a Captain of a Raid Corps Battle Team, and her mother a home-stationed Armorer who designed, tested, and distributed Saiyan armor for the Corps. Growing up, Nomiya’s power was fairly unremarkable with a PAB (Power At Birth) of only 5. However, at age 8, her power suddenly began to skyrocket from a mere 56 to just over 2,000 in less than six months. A near 36x multiplier in half a year was astonishing, though it wasn’t the first time in history it had happened. But what made it so remarkable, and what did make it a first in Saiyan history, was that this increase was not due to a Zenkai. Her power rose to that level naturally which had never happened before in such a short time.

At ten years of age her power level had risen to just over 4,000, also a first in Saiyan history. But she wasn’t done breaking records yet... Because this feat, she was officially the first in Saiyan history to qualify for the Saiyan Raid Corps at such an age. Her father was so proud he immediately enrolled her, but her mother insisted on the Medical Branch due to her inexperience in combat and her lack of significant training. Her father agreed, and she was enrolled immediately. By the end of the 2-year mandatory medical training period her power had risen to just over 5,600 which qualified her for 3rd Class Status, and at the same time she became the youngest Combat Medic in the Corps history upon graduation. But what astonished the Medical Branch wasn't her success so much as the fact that it was a child who was succeeding. Many Saiyan women had made it through to become Combat Medics, but a child? That was a first. Nomiya's first deployment came the very next year at age thirteen with a power level of 6,345, and she saved a grand total of fourteen Saiyan lives which was an impressive start, but not remarkable.

Over the years she continued to grow and flourish as a Combat Medic gaining both medical and combat experience in spades as she and her group traveled from world to world. She also matured in other ways during this time. By age sixteen she had come into her own as a voluptuous young woman and was already receiving letters and personal visits of young male Saiyans (and some older) seeking her hand as their mate. Of course she refused as combat and being a medic were her only loves at this time of her life. By age eighteen, and now fully recognized as a woman, her power had risen to 14,760 and she had long since achieved 2nd Class Status and racked an impressive 720 Lives Saved record. Not record breaking, but still impressive. However, by age twenty, she finally broke the record she’d been chasing which was the most Lives Saved by a Combat Medic, totaling 1,082 (the previous record being 1,081). As well, it was at some point during this period that she developed a technique called the Nerve Assault... And the name alone has prevented almost anyone from daring to ask how it works.

Today at age twenty-three, and now a 1st Class Saiyan, she continues to impress the Raid Corps Medical Branch with her near encyclopedic knowledge of Ki. Having studied the subject intensely both at home and on other worlds, she has learned things about Ki which no other Saiyan has and formed theories about Saiyan Ki versus the Ki of other beings such as Earthlings, Namekians, etc. She even astonishes her peers and superiors with her keen intellect and innate sensibility for Ki Control. In fact, she wrote an article on Ki Control which has become the #1 work on the subject in recent memory across the inter-galactic cyber network and medical communities. Her work as a Combat Medic and as a student of Ki have made her the envy of the inter-galactic medical world, and she retains her position as the pride and joy of the Raid Corps Medical Branch. However, becoming a legend and idolized figure have brought her more than her fair share of tragedies and horrors, but she chooses not to publicize or speak of them.

Last edited:
So, since I have garnered at least a bit of interest, I think it's a good time to introduce the pages of the RP we will use!

OOC - Saiyans Have No Limits (OOC Discussion)
Characters - Saiyans Have No Limits (Characters Page)
IC Posting - Saiyans Have No Limits (In Character Posting)

If you're interested, please pop by the OOC and introduce yourself! I'll be glad to hear from you there!

I'll be working on the lore in the meantime so everyone understands the Saiyans, their society, their powers, ranks, etc. And the rest of the universe as well. Lol!

Bump again for great justice!

But as I do so, I want it to be clear for those who might be seeing this for the first time:

This RP does away with a lot from the show. So if you don't like the sound of that then please don't follow any of the links in my previous response. But it also encourages things not in the show such as: exploring the universe just to explore and experience new things, romancing other player characters to start a family down the line (if that player is interested), engaging in intergalactic diplomacy and/or intrigue, enjoying slice of life happenings at your home world, and much, much more.

While the power of the Saiyans will function as a plot device to drive the plot forward, the story of this RP is going to allow us all to experience so many more things than combat that the Saiyan's power will seem more an afterthought than a "necessity" to enjoy oneself.

Speaking of, you don't have to be a Saiyan. You can be a Namekian, an Earthling, a Frost Demon, or any other race of your own design if you so desire. Yes. You read right. You can create your own alien race.

However, keep in mind that because the potentially unlimited growth of power for the Saiyans is what drives the plot, your characters, if they aren't Saiyans, will not be able to keep up with them in terms of power. The fact that Saiyans possess a near unlimited potential for growth is a staple to their species in the DB lore. And no other race is evolved to do the same as far as this RP is concerned.

But again, their power is more a plot device than a reason to participate.

The things this RP does away with from the anime/manga are the following (And these points will make me sound like a stiff, but I promise they aren't nearly as bad as they sound when you take some time to think about how you can be creative and fit within them):

* No Dragon Balls (deus ex machina)
* No Senzu Beans (deus ex machina)
* No Fusion or Namekian Syncing (deus ex machina)
* Various Super Saiyan transformations are excluded including the following: Wrath State (DBS: Broly film), Legendary SS, Golden Great Ape, SS4, SS Rose, SS White (fused Zamasu), and Ultra Instinct (yes, it's a technique and not a transformation, but it's still gone)

This RP is also more realistic with respect to the use and consumption of energy:

* Your ultimate techniques are only as powerful as you are. So if your Power Level is 20,000, that's the power level of your best and most powerful attack if you pour all of your energy into it. And if you do, you're completely drained and your battle is now over. Your tank's empty. You won't even be able to fly anymore. If you hold back enough energy to stay on your feet when you're done, your attack gets weaker by the amount you reserve.

- It's a law of physics that you cannot output more energy than your body possesses, and no technique in the world is going to magically multiply your energy output like it does in the show.

* Your ultimate and most powerful attacks will only kill someone around your power level or weaker. They will never be a One-Hit KO or One-Hit Kill against a more powerful opponent. Why? See the above point.

* There are no prodigies or "children of destiny/prophecy" allowed in the RP. If I wanted them, I'd have said they were okay. But prodigies and children of prophecy/destiny are God-Modding excuses waiting to happen. So they're not allowed.

There's probably more I could say, but I think you get the picture. Realistic use of energy, no deus ex machinas, and sticking to more standard and straight forward Saiyan transformations.

If you don't mind all that, you're welcome to check it out!!

this is still open yes?

It is indeed. It has only just begun in the Main IC Posting section, but the story will not advance until everyone who wishes to join finishes their characters and has a chance to get involved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back