• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dragonball: Ascension (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sorry for the wait I’ve been really busy but I’ll have a post up tomorrow, polaros not much I
Of a speaker but him and Aikon have an understanding that Aikon plays the face of the duo considering that the frost demons are public enemy number one

Well, Frost Demons aren't necessarily public enemy number one. They're not all like Frieza. In fact, most of them aren't. They're not exactly "pleasant" people, for sure. But they're not everyone's enemy just because.

It's mostly certain individuals who've made a bad name for them who're public enemy number one. Every race has its "worst examples of the race" kind of people. Frieza from the source material would be a great example.

But yeah. Frost Demons in general aren't hated that much. They're just not that pleasant. Lol.

Just gonna poke everyone here in the OOC and make sure everyone's alive and still excited to continued.

You know how it is. RP's die when everything goes quiet.

So here's your poke poke!!

b101d86dcc62fab2822e55a668d6ef0f.gif

Hoyo!

Decided it would be okay to post again real quick. Gave a little more context to what's going on inside the Saiyan ship and gave a very brief character moment for Cheyanne.

Enjoy!

GojiBean GojiBean

Hey there! Been looking at this rp off and on for a few days. Was wondering if you were perhaps interested in having another potential player?

GojiBean GojiBean

Hey there! Been looking at this rp off and on for a few days. Was wondering if you were perhaps interested in having another potential player?

Sure!

If you haven't already read the entire lore page (which is getting a new addition to its info shortly), then please do so. Once you're fully familiar with how the RP will work then please get to work on a character. You can submit it to me in a PM and we'll go over the details to make sure it fits with the RP and then we'll get you posting once it's fully approved and on the "Characters" page.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask!

Finally got a post up for Aikon been Uber busy with work still finding the tim le to get one for polaro

grudge grudge The Crimson King The Crimson King K.O.D K.O.D Top11 Top11 Yuri Greythorn Yuri Greythorn

So, a bit of a public service announcement!

D. Rex D. Rex is joining with a character who's going to fulfill a very specific role in the RP. And at first glance it might seem very unfair given the power level. But please don't freak out. This is all being worked out rigorously by yours truly and D.Rex with fairness and story purpose as the focal points of each decision made regarding said character. So please have some faith. Okie dokie!?

I felt the RP could really use a character who serves more as a pure mentor due to the centuries of knowledge and experience they have. Kind of like the Master Roshi of the group. They will start off the RP with more than enough power to mentor all our characters physically when needed early on, and eventually they'll accept that they're part of an older generation and it's time to step aside for the new generation. After doing so they'll still be able to share their wisdom and experience as well as enjoy their time and life alongside the younger characters while letting them take center stage in all the major conflicts. Also the character's going to be appropriately quirky for a Master Roshi type role. Take that as you will. Lol.

Anyway! The focal points of this character will be as follows:

* They are centuries, if not thousands of years old due to being part of an alien race with a ridiculously long life expectancy

* They have lived on Earth for most, if not all of their life and have spent the majority of it training rigorously and making gains at a slow and steady pace which is why...

* Their starting power level is going to be somewhere around 80,000

* After reaching this threshold they decided their pursuit of power had reached its peak and they shifted focus to a pursuit of knowledge and enlightenment

* Due to this new focus on knowledge in place of physical training their power level will barely increase from where it starts even as time moves on

Because this character has spent hundreds, if not thousands of years on Earth they will have long since mastered the art of suppressing their power and have been doing so for decades, if not longer. That's going to be why other characters residing on Earth will have never encountered or found them out before now.

That final bullet point is also why all of our characters will inevitably catch up to and surpass this mentor figure before long. Even so, D.Rex was very gracious to accept this reality and is happy to let their character take a back seat and enjoy a more story-focused role once that happens.

Again, D.Rex and I are working on this right now to finalize the details while also making certain everything stays in the realm of fairness so nobody feels cheated or left behind from the start. Master Roshi left the world in Goku's hands and only interfered if absolutely necessary on a few occasions in DB. And the same will be true of this character. So have no fear. Your spotlight and shining stars are burning bright, and there's no signs of any clouds nearby!

So hopefully everyone's okay with this!

If you have any major concerns about it please feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter.

Cheers!

grudge grudge The Crimson King The Crimson King K.O.D K.O.D Top11 Top11 Yuri Greythorn Yuri Greythorn

So, a bit of a public service announcement!

D. Rex D. Rex is joining with a character who's going to fulfill a very specific role in the RP. And at first glance it might seem very unfair given the power level. But please don't freak out. This is all being worked out rigorously by yours truly and D.Rex with fairness and story purpose as the focal points of each decision made regarding said character. So please have some faith. Okie dokie!?

I felt the RP could really use a character who serves more as a pure mentor due to the centuries of knowledge and experience they have. Kind of like the Master Roshi of the group. They will start off the RP with more than enough power to mentor all our characters physically when needed early on, and eventually they'll accept that they're part of an older generation and it's time to step aside for the new generation. After doing so they'll still be able to share their wisdom and experience as well as enjoy their time and life alongside the younger characters while letting them take center stage in all the major conflicts. Also the character's going to be appropriately quirky for a Master Roshi type role. Take that as you will. Lol.

Anyway! The focal points of this character will be as follows:

* They are centuries, if not thousands of years old due to being part of an alien race with a ridiculously long life expectancy

* They have lived on Earth for most, if not all of their life and have spent the majority of it training rigorously and making gains at a slow and steady pace which is why...

* Their starting power level is going to be somewhere around 80,000

* After reaching this threshold they decided their pursuit of power had reached its peak and they shifted focus to a pursuit of knowledge and enlightenment

* Due to this new focus on knowledge in place of physical training their power level will barely increase from where it starts even as time moves on

Because this character has spent hundreds, if not thousands of years on Earth they will have long since mastered the art of suppressing their power and have been doing so for decades, if not longer. That's going to be why other characters residing on Earth will have never encountered or found them out before now.

That final bullet point is also why all of our characters will inevitably catch up to and surpass this mentor figure before long. Even so, D.Rex was very gracious to accept this reality and is happy to let their character take a back seat and enjoy a more story-focused role once that happens.

Again, D.Rex and I are working on this right now to finalize the details while also making certain everything stays in the realm of fairness so nobody feels cheated or left behind from the start. Master Roshi left the world in Goku's hands and only interfered if absolutely necessary on a few occasions in DB. And the same will be true of this character. So have no fear. Your spotlight and shining stars are burning bright, and there's no signs of any clouds nearby!

So hopefully everyone's okay with this!

If you have any major concerns about it please feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter.

Cheers!
Sounds great! I'd love to see Mayze in a scenario where she can be properly trained!

Hello there folks! As stated by the boss, I am here to play the mentor. But worry not, my friends. I'm simply a supporting character, an early game safety net and a facilitater to help your characters grow and learn neat things. Whatever spotlight is shown on him will mostly be determined by you all, as it is you all who are the focus!

To that end! I hope you enjoy him. I'm looking forward to mess with everybody.

As another thing of note, if you need you character to have an excuse to learn something, or need some sort of obscure training. I'd be happy to help you with Master Dashi! Maybe you have an idea for a technique that you'd like to be taught, or just want some quirky moments. Whatever your desire, ill do my best to fulfill!

Sounds great! I'd love to see Mayze in a scenario where she can be properly trained!

I think that sounds like good fun right there! Master Dashi trying to tame the feral Mayze. A golden opportunity for some great rp!

Hello there folks! As stated by the boss, I am here to play the mentor. But worry not, my friends. I'm simply a supporting character, an early game safety net and a facilitater to help your characters grow and learn neat things. Whatever spotlight is shown on him will mostly be determined by you all, as it is you all who are the focus!

To that end! I hope you enjoy him. I'm looking forward to mess with everybody.

As another thing of note, if you need you character to have an excuse to learn something, or need some sort of obscure training. I'd be happy to help you with Master Dashi! Maybe you have an idea for a technique that you'd like to be taught, or just want some quirky moments. Whatever your desire, ill do my best to fulfill!

I think that sounds like good fun right there! Master Dashi trying to tame the feral Mayze. A golden opportunity for some great rp!
Happy to see him completed. I’ll admit I was nervous at first but upon seeing the type of character he turned out being my worries have been abated.
I look forward to seeing how he will temper Kazoo’s arrogance.

Happy to see him completed. I’ll admit I was nervous at first but upon seeing the type of character he turned out being my worries have been abated.
I look forward to seeing how he will temper Kazoo’s arrogance.

And I don't blame you one bit. I also have seen my share of people who just want to be stronger than the rest. But Goji knows that that isn't my style.

But if you ever feel like I'm taking up too much of the fun, just call me out! I'm here to support the stars.

As for Kazoo! I think he is going to be great fun. Best namekian oc I've seen in a long time. Might be the only one, admittedly, but I like the cut of his jib.

We will come up with a fun way to inspire some humility in the great green warrior.

And I don't blame you one bit. I also have seen my share of people who just want to be stronger than the rest. But Goji knows that that isn't my style.

But if you ever feel like I'm taking up too much of the fun, just call me out! I'm here to support the stars.

As for Kazoo! I think he is going to be great fun. Best namekian oc I've seen in a long time. Might be the only one, admittedly, but I like the cut of his jib.

We will come up with a fun way to inspire some humility in the great green warrior.
Jib... I think I am going to like you.

well give me a few minutes he will be out of his hole and into the mix. His selfishness on full display.

Jib... I think I am going to like you.

well give me a few minutes he will be out of his hole and into the mix. His selfishness on full display.

If like me for that, then I think I'm going to like you too!

I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen!

GojiBean GojiBean

Do you have any plan for course of events that will play out in this meeting? So as to be at the right place at the right time.

On a separate note, would it be likely for Master Dashi to be aware of some of the strongest talent on earth. Such as Pho, Mayze, and Nolan?

Mayze ( grudge grudge ) I could see being most likely. Being alone and so strong, she might be hard to miss for him. Perhaps having thought her an interesting candidate for tutelage. Should she ever find him. Might even live on the same, or nearby, island.

Pho The Crimson King The Crimson King I think would also be pretty easy. With Master Dashi having been so involved in the martial arts world, he would no doubt still have his ear to the ground. If Pho is such a promising student at his school, it would probably catch his attention.

Nolan ( K.O.D K.O.D ) Might be a bit harder to justify. Master Dashi isn't so interested in government and not the biggest observer of technology. But he might notice the power The Hammer has. A human that strong is definitely worth taking note of.

GojiBean GojiBean

Do you have any plan for course of events that will play out in this meeting? So as to be at the right place at the right time.

Currently the Saiyans on my vessel are observing until someone on the bridge, namely the Captain, says otherwise.

At present it's up to the Earth's inhabitants if they want to make a direct attempt at communication (hint hint, don't force your characters to make contact just because I said this cause if it's not a natural and honest occurrence I dun wanna see it happen).

Saiyans are, by and large, an impatient group. So my vessels will pretty soon take action one way or the other to make contact and kick start some fun.

Currently the Saiyans on my vessel are observing until someone on the bridge, namely the Captain, says otherwise.

At present it's up to the Earth's inhabitants if they want to make a direct attempt at communication (hint hint, don't force your characters to make contact just because I said this cause if it's not a natural and honest occurrence I dun wanna see it happen).

Saiyans are, by and large, an impatient group. So my vessels will pretty soon take action one way or the other to make contact and kick start some fun.
Well I just had Nolan take to high orbit to meet them because if we are being honest he probably has the best means of getting there and I’m certain the vast majority of human leadership would prefer to meet the aliens in an area that is not theirs. If it is too pushy I’d be happy to delete Nolan’s response and just leave Kazoo and his escape For that scene.

Well I just had Nolan take to high orbit to meet them because if we are being honest he probably has the best means of getting there and I’m certain the vast majority of human leadership would prefer to meet the aliens in an area that is not theirs. If it is too pushy I’d be happy to delete Nolan’s response and just leave Kazoo and his escape For that scene.

Ah, okay. I haven't been able to read because I'm quickly replying between little bits of work while at work. Lol.

I'm such a bad influence.

Also that which applies to Nolan would apply to Kazoo. Would no doubt feel the power. But being locked in Area 51, I'm not sure Kazoo would really know the guy.

Not got going to force any contact from me! Just setting up some possible options.

If left to his own devices, Master Dashi wouldn't really have a way of contacting the Saiyans. Though he would make his way to the Earth location that the ships are above. Where he would be hoping to see what they are up to should they land there. Probably disguised as something weird.

Ah, okay. I haven't been able to read because I'm quickly replying between little bits of work while at work. Lol.

I'm such a bad influence.
Lol well when you get a chance and do read it let me know if I need to change it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back