• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dragon Song [Anime-style, Long-Term Adventure - Closed/FULL!]

The Black Knight

One Thousand Club
ferrum.extra-condensed.png

1ae7bf4d961048968f4391d49742b291.jpg

Dragons? You mean like the small ones that we ride?

No; the large ones. The Gods of the Sky.

This world was named after the dragons you know. They used to dominate the skies, but then the people of Dragon Song formed an alliance and slayed them into extinction. We were fools. We didn’t know that the dragons were what kept The Visitors from coming. Now we must pay for our blunder.

They came from space and their pods bombarded the planet, sending shockwaves of fire in deadly rings that consumed cities and ecosystems. They have assimilated us and turned our magic into a power source for their alien technology. They have subjugated us and yet, some of us are at peace. As long as we sacrifice some of our people to The Visitors, then we can live normal lives without war or fear. We used to all be divided, but ever since The Visitors came, the races have found a common enemy. Every now and then someone rebels against them and fails. While most of us have given up and chose to care for our lives and family, there are those poor souls who still try to resist them. Fools. They have us beat. This is our punishment for slaying the protectors of this planet.

Plot

Alien invaders have taken over the fantasy world known as Dragon Song. Once upon a time, dragons used to fill the sky, but there were some dragons who lashed out at the inhabitants. Not all of the dragons were good as some believe. These bad eggs were what compelled the races of Dragon Song to unite and bring their existence to an end.

The dragons were the guardians of Dragon Song. They were created by the living planet to protect it from the threat the planet sensed loomed outside. Not all of the dragons disappeared however. Eggs were left behind, and the planet hid the eggs, turning them into fossils to protect them from discovery. When The Visitors landed and subjugated the races, the planet revealed the eggs. The planet recreated the beings within to not resemble dragons but humanoids. The eggs that hatched human-like beings were discovered by people who raised the infants within. The infants matured, discovering that they possessed a power unlike any other being on Song. Some became guardians of their homes, and others went on a journey to discover who they are, where they came from, and if there are others like them. This is their journey to discover their origins and to unite against a common enemy.

The Visitors

The Visitors’, as they are called by the inhabitants of Dragon Song, true form has never been witnessed. The aliens are fat, black slugs that burrow into other creatures through an orifice and crawl their way to the brain to devour it and occupy the space as their home. Visitors are super-humanly strong. They would be considered the “new gods” of Dragon Song for they possess an ingenuity that can contain and control magic. The Visitors use magic as a power source for their futuristic weapons, armor, and machines and lack the ability to control magic without their tech. The Visitors grow physically and mentally stronger and smarter by assimilating other beings. They absorb people into their bodies and each Visitor benefits in some strange way. They could grow in height or muscle mass, or morph into a completely new and powerful creature.

The Visitors reproduce asexually, but they require a living womb. A slug will enter a female host and occupy the womb where it will absorb nourishment and split. The division is what creates more slugs that will form until matured and leave the womb to find hosts. The females chosen and abducted for this process are called “Breeders.” Infertile females still make for convenient homes and many female inhabitants have drank toxins in order to make themselves infertile rather than be subjected to such a fate.

The Visitors find nourishment through assimilation, but they are just as capable of eating food in order to sustain themselves. Assimilation satisfies their true hunger, and so they will always look for an inhabitant to truly satisfy themselves.

No one has ever been able to succeed in doing so, but a Visitor can only be destroyed by killing the slug living in its skull. Their bodies can take serious damage from mutilation, lacerations, and amputations. Decapitating a Visitor doesn’t kill the slug, and so a Visitor can pick up its head and reconnect it.

The Dragonkin

This game is about the Dragonkin, the beings born from the eggs, and so writers interested in this game should be interested in playing those roles. If you are joining this game late and the Dragonkin roles are all filled, then you are allowed to play one of the races, which will be mentioned in this OP later.

The Dragonkin are beings born from dragon eggs. There will only be six, recruiting five. The Dragonkin mostly resemble humans, but they may have exotic features such as horns, claws, scales, sharp teeth, strange eyes, or pointed ears. Just understand that they resemble more human than dragon so their draconic features are mild. When you are looking for a picture for your character, the picture does not have to have these draconic features. You can just explain what draconic features they have in the “General Description” section of the CS.

At the start of this game, the Dragonkin will have mastered the basics of their abilities. Later, however, they will be able to take on a dragon form. The primary weapon of all Dragonkin is a special weapon they draw from their souls called a Dragon Arm. Dragon Arms possess unique powers, and aren’t easily broken. It is the weapon of the dragon’s soul. The god weapon that develops and transforms as the Dragonkin grow in understanding their powers and potential.

When a Dragonkin encounters another Dragonkin, they can hear the other Dragonkin’s song. Only Dragonkin can hear the songs of other Dragonkin. It is the song that radiates from the soul. Dragon Songs can be happy, dramatic, frightening, or sad. They usually reflect the state of the Dragonkin, and so a song that begins to quiet is the sound of a dying Dragonkin. When the song is loud and forceful, the Dragonkin is alive and empowered.

All Dragonkin have enhanced physical and sometimes mental capabilities than the races found on Dragon Song. They can perform demigod-like feats, and most importantly, like some of the mages of Dragon Song, they know how to harness magic. Every Dragonkin possesses an innate magic that no magic taught in the academies of Dragon Song can replicate. It is the power of the dragon god that gave them life. It is a power fueled by the will of the living planet. Their powers are as unique as the Dragon Arms they draw from their soul sheaths.

The natural enemy of all Dragonkin are The Visitors. Like a beast detecting a threat, Dragonkin can sense a Visitor inhabiting a being, and instinctively, they want to destroy it. The living planet has whispered to them that The Visitors are an infection that must be rid of. The Dragonkin will unite against this enemy. Some Dragonkin may already have stories where The Visitors have significantly affected their lives.

There are demi-dragons in Dragon Song called drakes and wyverns. Wyverns are the bat-like dragons that are small and have wings for arms. Drakes are the flightless, raptor-like dragons that are a popular mount and beast of burden. Dragonkin have a natural affinity with these creatures since they are descendants/servants of the former dragon gods.

The Races

Known simply as "The Races," this is all the races in Dragon Song: Humans, Elves, Orcs, Trolls, Dwarves, Fairies, etc. Almost every race found in Dungeons and Dragons. "Almost." There is the Human Kingdom, the Fae Kingdom which encompasses majority of the fantastical races, and The Beast Kingdom. If you weren't accepted as a Dragonkin but still want to join the game as support, then you can choose from these races and kingdoms.

Theme and Direction

I want this game to move like a typical anime. It starts with a few characters and others are acquired along the way rather than the cliché, everyone meets up at the beginning. Therefore, I will allow some writers to start the story and everyone else should plot how they want their character to be introduced. The IC will have a general layout of Dragon Song, but we will add to the world together as we go, creating cities, towns, villages, land formations, etc. Whatever we name will be added to the story and map. Because this game is a group effort, I need dedicated writers who truly would love to join this story.

Not all writers who apply will be accepted. The lazier you are with the CS, then more than likely I won’t accept you. Do not ask the GM to help you make a character. If you weren’t immediately inspired upon reading this, then this may not be the game for you. Asking other people for help with a character concept instead of coming up with one yourself is a sign that you just aren’t inspired.

I will also not accept pre-made characters. If you want to use a pre-made character, then do not tell me it is pre-made. Let me remain in ignorance. You just better tweak that pre-made to fit this world because if you do not, then I will notice. It is how I catch them every time.

There may be some mature themes in this game. Mature being violence and horror (because of The Visitors and how they assimilate others). If you are easily frightened by these sorts of things, then turn away. There will be slug burrowing into people and consuming their brains. The enemy may get hacked apart and still be functional as it regenerates because someone failed to kill the slug.

Rules

1. Communication. This is a very difficult thing to do for some people on this site. There will be either a PM group or a discord and everyone is just silent not collaborating. Or the writers will disappear for days without telling the GM where they are and what is keeping them, and then they get mad at the GM for not checking up on them. I am not your parents. I will not check up on you. If you plan to disappear for a week or more due to work, exams, vacation, etc. Then you need to inform me. If a player is silent for 14 days, then I will drop you. If a player hasn’t posted in seven days without explanation, then they will be skipped.

2. Game Pace. This game moves as we move it, but I prefer people to post at least once every seven days. As mentioned in Rule 1, you have seven days to post and 14 to tell me where are you. If you do not respond for 14 days, then I will let you go. I will be making a backup list of players for those who will be waiting to join the game if ever the false-dedicated become absent.

3. God-mode/Absurd Powers/Auto-Hitting. If I see any of this joining the game, then I will not accept it. If I see it when that player has already joined the game, then I will correct it. If the player refuses to be corrected and would rather make excuses, whine, complain, and create drama, then I will let them go from the game. I do not have the time or patience to argue with children. Just don’t do it.

4. Whatever the GM says goes. You are joining my game because you found it interesting. I am not here to try and change my game to meet what you want out of it. Just like a gamer picking up a video game, you are playing whatever the developer created. I am the developer and you are playing what I created. I even give you the ability to add to the story. But if I say, “No, this is not allowed,” then it isn’t. Do not argue. You will lose, and if you persist, I will let you go. I am not a GM who allows everybody into the game because there are some drama queens who destroy a game with their shit attitudes.

5. Dragon Types. I am allowing the players to make their dragon whatever type they want: red, blue, purple, silver, black, etc. They can have whatever power but only one theme. If you make your character a fire user, then everything about them is fire. They should even have fiery characteristics.

6. Dragon Arms. Whatever medieval/feudal weapon you want. I will allow a matchlock rifle but that is it. The Visitors are the ones with the advanced weaponry. I normally would say players cannot have the same weapon, but as long as they look different and have unique characteristics that make them different from another writer's, then I won't complain.

For now, I’m going to be just gathering interested writers. I will list them below, and once I have six or more writers interested, then I will work on a CS code. For this game, I am going to try to make something that players can just plug stuff into if they are not the BB Code designer type. I want to keep it basic but still make them feel good about their CS, so standby for that. It’ll be in the works.

Interested Players List
Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer
FuzzyKaktus FuzzyKaktus
Tetro Tetro
Dovinique Dovinique
Heterological Heterological

Character Sheet

Code:
[Tabs]
[Tab=Human]
[imageFloat=right][IMG width="369px"]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/46/0c/df/460cdfdb0aa05d98cd8500ec8ecb7314.jpg[/IMG]
[I]Example of how to use the Image link Float Right[/I][/imageFloat]
[font=georgia][B]Character Name:[/B] The Dragonkin may not have a full name. They were born from an egg after all. Their foster family could have given them a name, or they received a name from reputation or a nickname that became their name from locals.
[B]Nickname(s):
Alias:[/B] If they have one. An alias I would expect from a traveling do-gooder, knight, or they even received an alias for something silly.
[B]Age:[/B] Because this game is "M" for Mature. I want all characters to be 18 years old or older.
[B]Race:[/B] In the case someone isn't playing a Dragonkin, they can put their race here.
[B]Height:[/B] Humanoid height.
[B]Weight:[/B] Humanoid weight.
[B]Hair Color:[/B] This is an anime. It can be any color.
[B]Eye Color:[/B] This is an anime. It can be any color.
[B]Complexion:[/B] Skin complexion.

[B]Dragon Type:[/B] This is where you identify what kind of dragon your character is. Blue, green, red, fire, ice, black, shadow, etc. Whatever you want to call it.
[B]General Description:[/B] You describe the overall appearance of your character. If they have any unusual features that hint to their inhuman race, then you would describe them here. How thin, big, or fat they are. How short or tall. Any accessories, tattoos, etc. You know those characters you see wearing the same outfit throughout the entire series. You would describe that here.

[B]Dragon Arm:[/B] [I]Name of the Dragon Arm[/I] - describe the length, appearance, color, and if it has a unique function. It can only have one unique function. For example, either a magical attack; it can transform into another weapon; or it grants the wielder an extra ability. Whatever it is. You only get one. The Dragon Arm has its own name. At this time, until your character can learn to listen to the song of their own soul and hear the weapon's name, they cannot wield the weapon's "one function/magical attack/special feature" etc. Remember, this weapon is capable of evolving into something bad-ass because this wouldn't be anime if it wasn't capable.

[B]Talents[/B]
[LIST]
[*][U]Talent Name[/U] - Description. Your character four talents.
[*]Talents are not combat-related. They are support, utility, or just fun. Example: Cooking, Whittling, Blacksmith, Apothecary, Singer, Dancer, Musician (what instrument), etc.
[*]Talent 3
[*]Talent 4
[/LIST]

[B]Fighting Style:[/B] Describe, in general, your character's fighting style.

[B]Dragon Arts:[/B]
[LIST]
[*][U]Dragon Art Name[/U] - Describe what buff the dragon art gives to the user (example of a dragon art)
[*][U]Dragon Art Name[/U] - Describe what kind of attack your character can perform activating the dragon art.
[*]You get four dragon arts for the start. They can be offensive, defensive, or utility. They can grant buffs, debuff, be just pure lethal, or help a character escape. The Dragon Arts should be within the theme of your Dragonkin's type. Don't make a Fire Dragon that uses Ice. If you make a fire dragon, then they use fire and that is their theme until the end of the game.
[*]Again, you get four.
[/LIST]

[B]Background:[/B] This is optional at the start of the game. I know some people like to feel their characters out before they write their story. I am giving you the option to do this. You can also collaborate with how you met with other characters if you want.
[/font][/Tab][font=georgia]

[Tab=Dragon]If you want to reveal any extra information concerning your Dragonkin, you can do so here. You can post a picture of what your Dragonkin's dragon form looks like when they unlock it or what their egg looked like when they were an egg. This Dragon Tab is just for things like that. It is your choice. Otherwise you can leave it blank.[/tab]
[/font][/Tabs][font=georgia][/font]

• 460cdfdb0aa05d98cd8500ec8ecb7314.jpg
    Example of how to use the Image link Float Right
    Character Name: The Dragonkin may not have a full name. They were born from an egg after all. Their foster family could have given them a name, or they received a name from reputation or a nickname that became their name from locals.
    Nickname(s):
    Alias:
    If they have one. An alias I would expect from a traveling do-gooder, knight, or they even received an alias for something silly.
    Age: Because this game is "M" for Mature. I want all characters to be 18 years old or older.
    Race: In the case someone isn't playing a Dragonkin, they can put their race here.
    Height: Humanoid height.
    Weight: Humanoid weight.
    Hair Color: This is an anime. It can be any color.
    Eye Color: This is an anime. It can be any color.
    Complexion: Skin complexion.

Dragon Type: This is where you identify what kind of dragon your character is. Blue, green, red, fire, ice, black, shadow, etc. Whatever you want to call it.
    General Description: You describe the overall appearance of your character. If they have any unusual features that hint to their inhuman race, then you would describe them here. How thin, big, or fat they are. How short or tall. Any accessories, tattoos, etc. You know those characters you see wearing the same outfit throughout the entire series. You would describe that here.

Dragon Arm: Name of the Dragon Arm - describe the length, appearance, color, and if it has a unique function. It can only have one unique function. For example, either a magical attack; it can transform into another weapon; or it grants the wielder an extra ability. Whatever it is. You only get one. The Dragon Arm has its own name. At this time, until your character can learn to listen to the song of their own soul and hear the weapon's name, they cannot wield the weapon's "one function/magical attack/special feature" etc. Remember, this weapon is capable of evolving into something bad-ass because this wouldn't be anime if it wasn't capable.

Talents
    • Talent Name - Description. Your character four talents.
    • Talents are not combat-related. They are support, utility, or just fun. Example: Cooking, Whittling, Blacksmith, Apothecary, Singer, Dancer, Musician (what instrument), etc.
    • Talent 3
    • Talent 4

Fighting Style: Describe, in general, your character's fighting style.

Dragon Arts:
    • Dragon Art Name - Describe what buff the dragon art gives to the user (example of a dragon art)
    • Dragon Art Name - Describe what kind of attack your character can perform activating the dragon art.
    • You get four dragon arts for the start. They can be offensive, defensive, or utility. They can grant buffs, debuff, be just pure lethal, or help a character escape. The Dragon Arts should be within the theme of your Dragonkin's type. Don't make a Fire Dragon that uses Ice. If you make a fire dragon, then they use fire and that is their theme until the end of the game.
    • Again, you get four.

Background: This is optional at the start of the game. I know some people like to feel their characters out before they write their story. I am giving you the option to do this. You can also collaborate with how you met with other characters if you want.

Approved Characters

Ashe
- Thunder Dragonkin/Dragon Arm: Sword - Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer
Aynniole - Ice Dragonkin/Dragon Arm: Fan - Dovinique Dovinique
Nicholas - Fire Dragonkin/Dragon Arm: Battleaxe - Tetro Tetro
Blayenok - Sky Dragonkin/Dragon Arm: Double-Sided Spear - Heterological Heterological

Last edited:
Code:
[Tabs]
[Tab=Human]
[imageFloat=right][IMG width="369px"]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/46/0c/df/460cdfdb0aa05d98cd8500ec8ecb7314.jpg[/IMG]
[I]Example of how to use the Image link Float Right[/I][/imageFloat]
[font=georgia][B]Character Name:[/B] The Dragonkin may not have a full name. They were born from an egg after all. Their foster family could have given them a name, or they received a name from reputation or a nickname that became their name from locals.
[B]Nickname(s):
Alias:[/B] If they have one. An alias I would expect from a traveling do-gooder, knight, or they even received an alias for something silly.
[B]Age:[/B] Because this game is "M" for Mature. I want all characters to be 18 years old or older.
[B]Race:[/B] In the case someone isn't playing a Dragonkin, they can put their race here.
[B]Height:[/B] Humanoid height.
[B]Weight:[/B] Humanoid weight.
[B]Hair Color:[/B] This is an anime. It can be any color.
[B]Eye Color:[/B] This is an anime. It can be any color.
[B]Complexion:[/B] Skin complexion.

[B]Dragon Type:[/B] This is where you identify what kind of dragon your character is. Blue, green, red, fire, ice, black, shadow, etc. Whatever you want to call it.
[B]General Description:[/B] You describe the overall appearance of your character. If they have any unusual features that hint to their inhuman race, then you would describe them here. How thin, big, or fat they are. How short or tall. Any accessories, tattoos, etc. You know those characters you see wearing the same outfit throughout the entire series. You would describe that here.

[B]Dragon Arm:[/B] [I]Name of the Dragon Arm[/I] - describe the length, appearance, color, and if it has a unique function. It can only have one unique function. For example, either a magical attack; it can transform into another weapon; or it grants the wielder an extra ability. Whatever it is. You only get one. The Dragon Arm has its own name. At this time, until your character can learn to listen to the song of their own soul and hear the weapon's name, they cannot wield the weapon's "one function/magical attack/special feature" etc. Remember, this weapon is capable of evolving into something bad-ass because this wouldn't be anime if it wasn't capable.

[B]Talents[/B]
[LIST]
[*][U]Talent Name[/U] - Description. Your character four talents.
[*]Talents are not combat-related. They are support, utility, or just fun. Example: Cooking, Whittling, Blacksmith, Apothecary, Singer, Dancer, Musician (what instrument), etc.
[*]Talent 3
[*]Talent 4
[/LIST]

[B]Fighting Style:[/B] Describe, in general, your character's fighting style.

[B]Dragon Arts:[/B]
[LIST]
[*][U]Dragon Art Name[/U] - Describe what buff the dragon art gives to the user (example of a dragon art)
[*][U]Dragon Art Name[/U] - Describe what kind of attack your character can perform activating the dragon art.
[*]You get four dragon arts for the start. They can be offensive, defensive, or utility. They can grant buffs, debuff, be just pure lethal, or help a character escape. The Dragon Arts should be within the theme of your Dragonkin's type. Don't make a Fire Dragon that uses Ice. If you make a fire dragon, then they use fire and that is their theme until the end of the game.
[*]Again, you get four.
[/LIST]

[B]Background:[/B] This is optional at the start of the game. I know some people like to feel their characters out before they write their story. I am giving you the option to do this. You can also collaborate with how you met with other characters if you want.
[/font][/Tab][font=georgia]

[Tab=Dragon]If you want to reveal any extra information concerning your Dragonkin, you can do so here. You can post a picture of what your Dragonkin's dragon form looks like when they unlock it or what their egg looked like when they were an egg. This Dragon Tab is just for things like that. It is your choice. Otherwise you can leave it blank.[/tab]
[/font][/Tabs][font=georgia][/font]

• 460cdfdb0aa05d98cd8500ec8ecb7314.jpg
    Example of how to use the Image link Float Right
    Character Name: The Dragonkin may not have a full name. They were born from an egg after all. Their foster family could have given them a name, or they received a name from reputation or a nickname that became their name from locals.
    Nickname(s):
    Alias:
    If they have one. An alias I would expect from a traveling do-gooder, knight, or they even received an alias for something silly.
    Age: Because this game is "M" for Mature. I want all characters to be 18 years old or older.
    Race: In the case someone isn't playing a Dragonkin, they can put their race here.
    Height: Humanoid height.
    Weight: Humanoid weight.
    Hair Color: This is an anime. It can be any color.
    Eye Color: This is an anime. It can be any color.
    Complexion: Skin complexion.

Dragon Type: This is where you identify what kind of dragon your character is. Blue, green, red, fire, ice, black, shadow, etc. Whatever you want to call it.
    General Description: You describe the overall appearance of your character. If they have any unusual features that hint to their inhuman race, then you would describe them here. How thin, big, or fat they are. How short or tall. Any accessories, tattoos, etc. You know those characters you see wearing the same outfit throughout the entire series. You would describe that here.

Dragon Arm: Name of the Dragon Arm - describe the length, appearance, color, and if it has a unique function. It can only have one unique function. For example, either a magical attack; it can transform into another weapon; or it grants the wielder an extra ability. Whatever it is. You only get one. The Dragon Arm has its own name. At this time, until your character can learn to listen to the song of their own soul and hear the weapon's name, they cannot wield the weapon's "one function/magical attack/special feature" etc. Remember, this weapon is capable of evolving into something bad-ass because this wouldn't be anime if it wasn't capable.

Talents
    • Talent Name - Description. Your character four talents.
    • Talents are not combat-related. They are support, utility, or just fun. Example: Cooking, Whittling, Blacksmith, Apothecary, Singer, Dancer, Musician (what instrument), etc.
    • Talent 3
    • Talent 4

Fighting Style: Describe, in general, your character's fighting style.

Dragon Arts:
    • Dragon Art Name - Describe what buff the dragon art gives to the user (example of a dragon art)
    • Dragon Art Name - Describe what kind of attack your character can perform activating the dragon art.
    • You get four dragon arts for the start. They can be offensive, defensive, or utility. They can grant buffs, debuff, be just pure lethal, or help a character escape. The Dragon Arts should be within the theme of your Dragonkin's type. Don't make a Fire Dragon that uses Ice. If you make a fire dragon, then they use fire and that is their theme until the end of the game.
    • Again, you get four.

Background: This is optional at the start of the game. I know some people like to feel their characters out before they write their story. I am giving you the option to do this. You can also collaborate with how you met with other characters if you want.

I decided to keep the CS simple. I realized the BBCode may look like a tapestry of nonsense to some people. I hope the above CS is easy enough to fill out. Post all of your CSes here. I only want the approved and final products going into the CS thread that will be posted in "Extras."

Count me in =) Hopefully will have my CS up by tomorrow.
Oh trivial question, do you mind if I edit the CS font? I just have preferred font to use for CS xD

• aa38907e62378ee3933d9009eb88e4de2a0fe9b4r1-422-500v2_00.jpg
    Character Name: Ashe
    Nickname(s)/Alias: N/A TBA
    Race: Dragonkin
    Height: 5'11, the horns reach to 6'1 at their highest.
    Weight: 168.4 lbs
    Hair Color: Pale Blonde/Ash colored
    Eye Color: Red
    Complexion: Caucasian

Dragon Type: Thunder
    General Description: Ashe is a bit on the willowy side, not particularly muscular herself. She wears her pale blonde hair in a braid, which reaches down to the middle of her back, and when un-braided her hair instead reaches down to just above mid-thigh length. Growing from just above her temples and curling backwards, then slightly up, she has a pair of horns a few shades lighter than her hair, which at the very tip add a couple inches to her height. Her eyes are a shade of red, suggesting a lack of pigmentation as though she were an albino, but that is not the case. Her right hand is similar to a dragon's claw, with scales up to the middle of her forearm like a glove, the talons of said claw are the same color as her horns, and she trims them down as much as she can without cutting into the quick.
    She dresses for the varying weather of her homeland. Her cloak has a deep hood, which she uses to hide her horns, usually telling people that she was burned in an accident as a child so no one questions it, as well as a pair of gloves to hide her hand. Her shirt and pants are thick enough to keep her warm when the weather turns cold and to not be torn to shreds when she moves through the brush, and she wears leather boots for the same reason. She carries with her a satchel where she carries her supplies and tools, and belt pouches around her waist where she keeps other assorted items she feels she may need. As she’s not much of a combatant, her only weapon, if you can call it that, is the knife she uses to cut and prepare plants, and maybe a good strong stick if it’s lying around within arm’s reach.

Dragon Arm: Rakurai - Rakurai is a two-handed longsword with a 40' blade, the guard of which appears to be made of gold and extends as a kind of secondary backing to the blade. Stamped into the first twelve inches of the blade's flat is imagery of a dragon weaving in and out of a thunderstorm, and instead of a pommel there is a cord where a tiny dragon head dangles a few inches off of the end of the grip. Rakurai can transform into another form, a pair of twin shortswords with twenty inch blades, that lack the guard backing of the original sword as well as the stamped imagery, but are otherwise identical to the original blade.

Talents
    • Medicine/Herbology - Ashe was raised by an aging pair of healers that taught her their craft. She can find and produce medicines and treat injuries, and find the herbs and materials necessary to accomplish such.
    • Cooking - Ashe knows how to cook, and she's pretty good at it.
    • Fixing/Making Clothing - Sometimes Ashe needs to cut someone out of their clothes, and when she gets the chance she either repairs or replaces the destroyed item.
    • Analysis - Ashe can take the information available to her and figure out what it means. Usually this is used to figure out exactly what ails a patient, but can be applied in other situations.

Fighting Style: Ashe is not actually a fighter, although when she begins to learn how to fight she will be very defensive and precise, using her knowledge as a healer to land more critical strikes.

Dragon Arts:
    • Heart of Lightning - Electricity is to Ashe as magic is to a mage. She can sense, manipulate, and generate electricity around her. Electricity can be sensed in all forms (Static, nervous system, batteries, building storms), manipulated in most forms (Static, plasma, and other forms not contained in a living being, ie, nervous electric impulses), conductive materials are like beacons telling her there’s something there.
    • Stormcaller - Ashe can sense and accurately predict the weather in the area around her, and later could manipulate it.
    • Like Lightning - Ashe can manipulate the electricity in her body to make her muscles move much faster and more efficiently, allowing her to move very quickly if she chooses. As she gets a better handle on her abilities, she could take this further and turn into a bolt of lightning to move even faster.
    • Electromagnetic Defenses - Ashe can turn her body into an electromagnet, and depending on how it’s charged, can attract or repel ferromagnetic materials (Like iron age+ metal weaponry)

Background: Ashe’s egg, or rather what was thought to be a large pretty-looking stone, was found by and aging couple, the town’s hermit healers. The old man and woman hadn’t been able to have children of their own, so when Ashe hatched out of the egg, it was an odd, but welcome surprise. Maybe they would be able to be parents, for once?
    As they cleaned the rock baby up and discussed what to do about it, however, the aging couple began to notice some… oddities. The baby had tiny horns and a clawed hand. Clearly she wasn’t entirely human. But can you really expect a baby born out of a rock to be normal? Oh well, it’s better to have a slightly strange child than to have no child, at least as far as these two were concerned with their “gift from the gods”.
    The couple named the child Ashe, due to her hair, and raised her, teaching her how to create and use medicine. Whenever they had to go into town, Dalry, Ashe was made to hide her horns and scales in a deep hood and gloves, telling people that she was badly burned when she was little. Somehow no one questioned that.
    As time went on and Ashe came to learn more about the world around her, to the extent she could understand as a child, she came to learn just what exactly those strange people that came to town and gave her the heeby jeebies were. The Visitors. She didn’t know why they came and occasionally took people, but something about them was… off. They didn’t feel like people, the way everyone else did. She didn’t know how to explain it, that was just what it was. Ashe stopped going into Dalry when the visitors were there.
    Eventually, old age called Ashe’s parents to the next life, leaving her on her own.

Last edited:
Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer If you are going to leave her background hanging, then I'm going to assume she is still in this town you will need to name and hasn't gone anywhere. If she has done something different since her foster parents' passing, then you should mention that. Besides that, I see no issues and she is approved.

Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer If you are going to leave her background hanging, then I'm going to assume she is still in this town you will need to name and hasn't gone anywhere. If she has done something different since her foster parents' passing, then you should mention that. Besides that, I see no issues and she is approved.
Aight. Thank you, I will figure out what to call that town. (Left it hanging because I'm not sure what the actual kick off of the plot will be)

Aynniole-Name.png

"Ice... yes it's fragile, but still... destructive."

• Aynniole.jpg

Character Name: Aynniole
    Nickname(s): Ayn
    Alias: Crystal Guardian
    Height: 5'9''
    Weight: 150 lbs
    Hair Color: Pale Blue
    Eye Color: White with No Pupils
    Complexion: Pale Ivory

Dragon Type: Ice Dragon
    General Description: Standing proud on 5'9'', Ayn bestowed with graceful slender build, a true gem among the tough ices. Hiding shyly between her hair strains, a pair of elvish ears adorn her oval face. Her eyes glow in white color with no pupil shown, while her long pale blue hair braided messily, leaving some of her hair left unattended. On top of her head, there are 4 horns to be exact, radiating domination to every passing eye. There are white ice marks decorating her skin, the origin of why she is called The Crystal Guardian. Daily, Ayn uses black-blue kimono like this.
    Aynniole-Clothes.jpg

Dragon Arm:
    Glaceleia
    Glaceleia is a soft blue fan in the normal state, hardly can be used as a weapon. As the Dragon Arm activated, Glaceleia transforms itself into 7 flying blades that gleam in a blue hue with ancient words carved patiently on both of their sides. The blades obeyed no one but Ayn's commands.
    Aynniole-Weapon.png

Talents:
    • Foraging
    Looking for food and provisions is easy for her, thanks to years of living in the wild. By merely touching or smelling it, she could distinguish which one is edible, which one is poisonous.​
    • Flutist
    The first time Ayn found a flute, she fell deeply in love with its musical calm sound. Since then, she has been playing flute in her spare time to communicate her unexpressed emotions.​
    • Acrobatic
    Ayn has a good sense of balance, agility, and motor coordination. Her body is also flexible and easily bend to her will.​
    • Wolf's Tongue
    Raised by a pack of wolves, Ayn naturally knows how to communicate with wolves.​

Fighting Style: In general, Ayn fights with her bare hands, simple street combat that she learns from the wolves and life events. Akio also takes part in training her martial combat.

Dragon Arts:
    • Aurora Shield
    Ayn creates a small barrier force-field in her surrounding, giving temporary protection inside while freezing everything outside within its radius. More effort needed if she wanted to enlarge its scope, it will tire her faster though.​
    • Hailstorm
    Ayn forms large pieces of ice upward that fall to the ground with intimidating speed. Everything beneath the storm is physically damaged as long as they stay in it. She can also, with full concentration, move the hailstorm to any directions she wants.​
    • Queen's Kiss
    Ayn breathes chilling air that freezes anything it touches, turning them into ice statue that potentially kills them at the end of the process.​
    • Needles of Ice
    Ayn unleashes one to ten diamond-hard shards of ice as magic missiles.​

Background:
    original.gif
    Aynniole's egg was hidden deep in the forest that eternally snowed for a long... long years. The time finally came for the ice princess to enter the world that once exterminate her kin. A small crack appeared on the shell, revealing a small inhuman girl sleeping peacefully inside. As her small white eyes opened up, the first thing Ayn saw was a big wolf with scars across his left eyes. Knowing that the fragile girl was the descendant of the mighty dragons, the alpha wolf bowed to her, pledging his loyalty without questions nor orders. Behind him, pack of wolves following their alpha's move, bowing their dignified head in silence. That night, baby Ayn had made herself queen of the pack.

Years later, Ayn slowly grew into a fine lady with more dragonic features growing on her. Ayn never left her forest for she already felt comfortable living among the wolves and other animals. Her life goal was as simple as keeping the forest in peace. Occasionally, she would help lost villagers, guiding them to exit the forest without revealing herself. Some might had seen her silhouette one time and another, but none had met her in person. At the age of 14, she met her first human face to face, a human male slightly older than her. He, who later called Akio, had been looking for "The Crystal Guardian" that always helped out villagers in the forest for years. Akio, of course, didn't expect The Crystal Guardian to be a beautiful half-naked lady using only wolves fur to barely hide her skin. Out of instinct, Ayn knocked out the poor man for she was in shock that someone finally saw her form. She then left him at the forest outskirt.

However, Akio didn't give up easily. For days, even months and years, he came back again and again to the forest. Sometimes pretending to be lost just to get her help. His resilient effort was finally softened Ayn's cold heart, the ice lady showed herself upon the human. Due to the language barrier, their first meeting was awkward as hell. Seeing how uncivilized Ayn was, Akio determined to introduce Ayn to human culture. First thing first, Ayn really needed proper clothes to cover her. No matter how Ayn tried to say no in wolf language, Akio surely accepted no objections.

49356.gif
    For years, Akio taught Ayn about human culture while slowly befriending the wolves who almost ate him if Ayn didn't interfere. The name "Aynniole" was given by Akio, he called her "Ayn" for short. She learned a lot of things from language, martial combat, cultures, etiquette, and much more. She never for once thought that there was so much to learn from a single human. In the beginning, Akio was her only human friend. Bit by bit, Ayn started to say hi to passing villagers. In return, they also started to give Ayn a lot of things as a grateful token for her protection. Both Ayn and the villagers were living peacefully in harmony. Yet peace... no peace could linger forever, not when the truth finally exposed.

One day, Akio came to the forest, agitated and furious. His soothing eyes now burnt in hatred, sweats flooded his back despite the cold weather. Nervously, Akio told Ayn about The Visitors who had been invading the world, slaving the human, giving the unfortunate ones a misery life. They also kidnapping females as "Breeders", but not just mere female, it was her own sister who became the victim yesterday. Along with this knowledge, Akio also disclosed about the dragons' history, about how his foolish kin drove the holy creatures to extinction. He expressed his assumption that Ayn was the dragon judging from her unique features, but somehow modified to look like a human. For the first time, he begged and plead for Ayn to save his sister.

Ayn brushed off the ideas without hesitation, not because she didn't realize her unawakened power, but for the burden. She then decided to continue living in "ignorance". Akio, whose heart shattered in disappointment, left the forest and never came back. Weeks without Akio's news, worries started to creep her. Even the villagers knew nothing about his whereabouts, he had been gone for weeks without telling anyone. The new alpha wolf realized that it was the time for Ayn to learn about her lineage, to confirm Akio's assumption. Even so, the wolf's knowledge was deep as shallow water, Ayn had to find out about The Dragonkin herself. Knowing that she couldn't run from her fate anymore, she then set out on a journey to discover more truths while looking for Akio. The Visitors... she cared about it the less.

Last edited:
Dovinique Dovinique I like the story you wrote for her. She is approved.

Heterological Heterological Characters are approved subjectively. I don't have a due date at this time because people are getting CSes out. I will say that I am hoping to equally accept three female characters and two male characters (since I am playing the third one). If someone applies and I already got six approved, if their CS is good like the ones that have been getting approved so far, then I will make an exception and allow seven or a few more. I won't refuse a writer who presents a great concept.

Last edited:

• 1596754128178.png Character Name: Nicholas
    Nickname(s): Nick, King, O Great Dragon King
    Alias: The Living Forge
    Height: 6'3
    Weight: 205 lbs
    Hair Color: Dirty Blonde
    Eye Color: Orange
    Complexion: Medium Beige

Dragon Type: Fire

General Description: Nicholas stands 6'3", sporting short blondish hair and a pair of eyes completely colored orange with black pupils. The backs of his hands and forearms have patches of scales on them, while his upper body has thicker and more fully formed scales. His lower body is more human with the exception of two sets of thick scales near his pelvic area and one scale centered on his stomach. His body is slim and toned with very defined muscular features. He commonly wears simple dwarven style attire, fit for his size, and looks no different than your average smith with the exception of his scales and eyes.

Dragon Arm:
    Eldr

Eldr is a double-sided one-handed ax in its normal state. When the dragon arm is activated, the ax grows to become a two-handed battle-ax with heated blades and greatly empowers Nicholas' dragon arts.
    1596763442309.png

Talents

Smithing

Having been raised by dwarves, Nicholas is a masterfully trained smith.

Metallurgist
    Nicholas can identify and work with most, if not all, metals naturally found in the earth

Drinking
    Being around dwarves inevitably means getting your drink on, which Nicholas can do very well.

Dwarven Tongue
    Nicholas can speak the language of dwarves fluently

Fighting Style: Nicholas' fighting style is very straightforward and lacks flashy moves, relying on hard and direct strikes with his fists, elbows, or knees when without some type of heavy object, preferably a hammer or ax. Having been raised by dwarves, Nicholas fights like one.

Dragon Arts:

Fire Child
    Nicholas can conjure and manipulate his own flames

Fire Eater
    Nicholas consumes fire or embers to revitalize himself

King's Kiss
    Nicholas breathes flames hot enough to turn rock to lava or air warm enough to heat up leftovers

Ignite
    Nicholas spews a stream of fire that ignites whatever it touches with flames that spread faster than normal

Background:
    Nicholas' egg was discovered by a dwarven miner and at first, was mistaken to be a precious metal someone hid away but was quickly recognized as an egg. The miner took the egg home quickly, getting the attention of the entire village all the while. Nicholas hatched only an hour later, in the miner's home, where the faces of most who could fit in the small house stared at the odd dragon child who lay within. Nicholas was adopted by the miner and his wife but spent his entire childhood being raised by the village as a whole, and raised like any other dwarven child.

Growing up in the mountains and mines, Nicholas became as tough and hard-working as his adoptive community. Roughhousing was normal for him with the other children until he accidentally burned one of them during their wrestle. Since then the village smith took him under his wing as an apprentice, helping Nicholas learn how to use his fire breath to help him forge tools and weapons. He learned at a young age to cover the parts of him that had scales whenever travelers came through to purchase some of the village's crafts, and to not let others see his eyes.

As he grew into a teen, being taller than everyone else, he was sarcastically but affectionately addressed as 'O Great Dragon King' because of his naturally dominating and aggressive personality and temperament. He proudly accepted the nickname and would play along with it whenever the children of the village would call him that. One day, while he was working, one of The Visitors came to his village and took a child. He felt anger well inside his chest that urged him to attack the 'man', but he was dissuaded by his adoptive father, who explained who and what The Visitors are.

In time Nicholas became a great smith in the village and began attracting the attention of those in neighboring villages and even some of the cities. It also, unfortunately, got the attention of The Visitors. Word came back to the village and Nicholas decided it would be safest for his family if he left and traveled on his own before any more danger came to them. Before sunrise, on the day of his departure, Nicholas said his farewells before fleeing into the mountains.

It is rumored that travelers who are able to make the journey can find The Living Forge in the mountains, and if they bring him the proper materials, can have him forge and create the best quality of whatever it is they desire.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back