• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dragon rp interest check

Cocogerber13

Scoobert Doobert
Hello! I’m just now getting back into rp after taking a break, and while I dearly love rping humans/humanoids, I have missed some of my first rps where I played as dragons! On top of that, I am in the process of making a webcomic surrounding the concept of dragons in the modern world and I think it would be fun to be involved in a rp of a similar design.

would anyone else be interested in a rp involving both humans and dragons? The general idea would be like this:

dragons have long been thought to be extinct, by those who even believed they existed in the first place. This is quite the opposite, however, in a growing town that resides in the high altitudes of the mountains. It is one of the last remaining areas where dragons flourish, and now that people from the surrounding areas are moving there, both species’ lives are about to get even more exciting.

(The kind of dragons I have in mind are dragons that are more complex than your usual animal; some could have the ability to speak to humans or at the very least somewhat understand them, sort of like Smaug from the hobbit. The alignments and personalities for everyone is definitely up to the rper though, so I would encourage a range of “do not like humans/dragons and will actively either avoid or pick fights with them” to “I am very interested in humans/dragons and would like to talk to or be friends with them”

What kind of post length/level of detail are you looking for?

What kind of post length/level of detail are you looking for?
It would preferably be a minimum of 5 well-written sentences a post (I usually write more, but I realize people can be busy), so it wouldn’t be super strict while still giving others something to respond to. I would prioritize quality over quantity though!

It would preferably be a minimum of 5 well-written sentences a post (I usually write more, but I realize people can be busy), so it wouldn’t be super strict while still giving others something to respond to. I would prioritize quality over quantity though!

Alright. I do believe that I am interested then. Are you looking for dragons to be quite magical in nature, or more in the vein of realism?

Alright. I do believe that I am interested then. Are you looking for dragons to be quite magical in nature, or more in the vein of realism?

probably more on the magical side! Of course, it can definitely be up to the individual rper if they’d rather have a more realistic approach or a magical one. I personally have a few eastern dragon characters that fly though, so I think power-wise they’d be more AtLA airbender than the typicalfire-breathing dragon. I am more than happy to accept both dragons that have breath powers alone and dragons that are more wizard-y in their abilities, provided nothing is too overpowered!

Im very interested, I think Im gonna go the more semi-realistic non magical "Im a bigass dinosaur with wings" type of western dragon

Kinda like Smaug or the dragons from Game of thrones just less of a smartass

~Slapping a fat track right here~ anything to do with dragons... yes I am in!!!

I’m glad to hear that you all are as enthusiastic about dragons as I am! c:

I’m going to hopefully try to get a thread posted this week, and once I do I’ll post it here!

Wait

I forgot an important question

Are we going to be paying attention to the square cube law at all, or are we gonna end out with a bunch of godzilla-sized lizards with no hope of keeping themselves fed?

Oh I understand, well I imagine that most people's dragons will be the more
Smaug/DnD

"I can talk, read, and generally be as smart as a person and be magical" type dragons, meaning they could find a magic solution but for me who's going for something different, Im not sure

Can you enlightmen me to this law?

When something on Earth gets bigger, its volume gets cubed, meaning it's much bigger and heavier, and let's just say I have the possibility of creating a race of superhunters that get so big they collapse in on themselves come adulthood due to the fragility of bones under that much weight.

Here's an equation for it

A_{2}=A_{1}\left({\frac  {\ell _{2}}{\ell _{1}}}\right)^{2}

Basically, though, I'm asking if dragons 30+ft tall are gonna be allowed, because I really don't want to deal with a behemoth that's attracting the Earth gravitationally.

When something on Earth gets bigger, its volume gets cubed, meaning it's much bigger and heavier, and let's just say I have the possibility of creating a race of superhunters that get so big they collapse in on themselves come adulthood due to the fragility of bones under that much weight.

Here's an equation for it

A_{2}=A_{1}\left({\frac  {\ell _{2}}{\ell _{1}}}\right)^{2}

Basically, though, I'm asking if dragons 30+ft tall are gonna be allowed, because I really don't want to deal with a behemoth that's attracting the Earth gravitationally.

Doubt it personally, Dragons in media can be fucking massive but the main idea is they get massively longer not massively taller?

Doubt it personally, Dragons in media can be fucking massive but the main idea is they get massively longer not massively taller?

My point being that I don't want dragons the length of mountain ranges because that's really fucking annoying to me and generally not something I vibe with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back