• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Other
Here
"Bandits," Origin repeated spacily, her eyes still focused on Glacier's cut. "That will still need sutures to heal up properly, and a poultice or two so it doesn't scar. I'm going to have to cut up some more cloth, but if you're insistent on only one or neither I won't stop you," she continued, breathing out a puff of air. "I'm going to soak these."

Shine looked between the two as Originmaw retreated into the kitchen, smiling unapologetically.

"Whole day changed after meeting her, eh? Must be something. Anyways, don't worry about Pip and Longtail. They'll be okay, and this is not their first time dealing with the trickiness of the resistance." Perhaps it was naivety talking, but he really did believe in their abilities. "Regarding what the resistance wants"--he shrugs--"beats me. The most I can think of is that this is a seaside town like the name says. If you lay claim to a town like this, you can stage a landing force quickly, but would the resistance try to do that while both sides can fight in the air? It doesn't make sense, unless water dragons or land dragons come into effect in this war."

Origin came back, poultices in hand drenched in what must be the boiling water solution. It was cooler than at the boiling point, probably meaning that she diluted the solution with colder water, but it still made Shine yelp when she took away his hand from his side and placed one of the cloths on his wound.

"Gee, are you trying to kill me? This stings!" he complained through wincing.

"It'll be better in a bit. If you want to live, please bear through this," Origin chided, looking up at Glacier and offering a cloth soaked in herbal water. It smelled foul, but it was medicinal all the same. "I brought another one, just in case you want it."
“Bandits laid waste to Ocean View. Hopefully your shop is still there. I doubt it though..”
she stated truthfully slinking her tail back and forth. When told to not worry about the two guards almost made her fly into a speech. She breathed a sigh sitting down infront of Shine.

”Longtail and Pip are just as new I am to combat. They know as much about it and trained as much as I do. But, this is the real thing. They could be dead out there! You saw how brutal the bandits were.”
She yelled pointing in the direction of Ocean View. Still, she thinks they were looking for something specific..

”What happened to our superior anyways? Our main officer, did he make it?”

Last edited:
Origin nodded somberly, fearing what had become of her little shop and her clientelle. Was the destruction as bad as she feared, or worse? Were Glacier and Shine just lucky to be alive, and her with them? As she allowed the latest cloth rag to soak, she listened intently to what the others were saying.

Shine looked down, cowed by Glacier's stating the facts. This was his first scrap outside the sparring circle as well, and he novelised war as if it were a mock battle. What if his two fellow guards had died? There would be no redos or rematches like in the junior fights. However, at the mention of the superior officer he raised his head.

"Snapjaw faced down three at the same time and won, buying me time to arrive where you found me. When I turned there were three bodies and not one of them his. He is probably still out there, pushing them back with his speedy swordsmanship."

Origin interjected, "I am going to close the wound now. This will be uncomfortable, but trust me when I say you will feel better shortly."

Shine looked over, asking, "Do you have something I can bite down o--AH!"

"There is the first. You are mostly numb, and once I continue iit will be over in ten seconds. Stay as still as you can. Glacier, could you brace him while I stitch his wound?"

A root trailed out from her fingertip and toward the youth, knitting the two sides of the wound together. Shine panicked at this and looked at Origin in dread, then Glacier.

"What is this? She is stitching me up with plants!" he exclaimed, backing away ever so slightly to bound out of his chair if allowed.

Glacier glanced down to the floor a silent moment for her to think. She hoped her comrades were alright and alive.
She fondly remembered Snapjaw a dragon that was daring with a strict attitude but still was fun to be around when wasn’t on duty.

Her thoughts were snapped, bringing her back to reality. Hearing what Origin instructed she held Shine in place, as he squirmed her grip tightened.
” Careful! Origin knows whats she’s doing. Just hold still and try not to squirm too much.”

Glacier thought of what to say to calm him down.
”I never thought the resistance would resort to hiring bandits. Theyre getting desperate. By the way, those names, Merrimac and Sanctus. That rings a bell to me. Origin, have you heard of those names before?”

"Bandits, yeah. It is hard to think abo--gah! It smarts!" reacted Shine when Origin, thankful for the assistance provided by her new friend, continued the work of mending the wound. He contorted and shook, his scales becoming a little more prickly and jagged out of reflex, but Glacier held him wonderfully firm and allowed Origin to weave the root back and forth in record time.

The nature dragon sighed and reapplied the poultice. The light dragon took rapid breaths, recuperating from the pain.

"That . . . was not fun, even while being numb."

"But you are going to live through the day. Be grateful of that much, and to your savior here."

She nodded in the direction of Glacier with a smile that quickly faded due to a new subject she just recognised.

"Wait . . . Sanctus and Merrimac? They are locals, Sanctus from here and Merrimac from the town over. I remember them while I was younger, both older than me and many times more stubborn. Sanctus was one of my friends that told me about the resistance and left town. You are saying he was a bandit? That he killed?"

Origin deeply frowned, unsure of what to make of this.

"Bandits, yeah. It is hard to think abo--gah! It smarts!" reacted Shine when Origin, thankful for the assistance provided by her new friend, continued the work of mending the wound. He contorted and shook, his scales becoming a little more prickly and jagged out of reflex, but Glacier held him wonderfully firm and allowed Origin to weave the root back and forth in record time.

The nature dragon sighed and reapplied the poultice. The light dragon took rapid breaths, recuperating from the pain.

"That . . . was not fun, even while being numb."

"But you are going to live through the day. Be grateful of that much, and to your savior here."

She nodded in the direction of Glacier with a smile that quickly faded due to a new subject she just recognised.

"Wait . . . Sanctus and Merrimac? They are locals, Sanctus from here and Merrimac from the town over. I remember them while I was younger, both older than me and many times more stubborn. Sanctus was one of my friends that told me about the resistance and left town. You are saying he was a bandit? That he killed?"

Origin deeply frowned, unsure of what to make of this.
Glacier patted Shine’s shoulder after the stitching was done.
”That wasn’t so bad now was it?”

Glacier looked up at Origin hearing it in her voice, about Merrimac and Sanctus. She walked over and grabbed Origins shoulders.
”Where are they now? Any information will be helpful here. They burned Ocean View to the ground. Possibly killed many civilians.
Do you know where theyre hiding?”

Shine looked disconcerted by the stitching still, but viewed Origin with intrigue like a child who got to hear something of interest. Origin herself looked flustered and flinched at Glacier's appearing before her, gripping her by her shoulders. She stared into Glacier's eyes for a time before breaking eye contact.

"I do not know, no. We have been out of contact. No letters. No communication of any sort. I suppose it was partially out of my not trying, but I thought he left for good and enjoyed his new life. To think he was a bandit . . . I think something broke him." She paused for a moment, then lifted her head. "Barring either town -- and I doubt it was Ocean Side -- there was one place where the two of them frequented, close to where both towns had their fair. It was an old mine shaft under a hill where they played while the others had their festivities. I cannot think of any place better for a hideaway. The fair has not been occurred in years."

She shook her head, tears trickling down her face while she swallowed hard.

"I'm sorry. It is . . . I cannot see . . . to think that a friend is a killer."

Shine looked disconcerted by the stitching still, but viewed Origin with intrigue like a child who got to hear something of interest. Origin herself looked flustered and flinched at Glacier's appearing before her, gripping her by her shoulders. She stared into Glacier's eyes for a time before breaking eye contact.

"I do not know, no. We have been out of contact. No letters. No communication of any sort. I suppose it was partially out of my not trying, but I thought he left for good and enjoyed his new life. To think he was a bandit . . . I think something broke him." She paused for a moment, then lifted her head. "Barring either town -- and I doubt it was Ocean Side -- there was one place where the two of them frequented, close to where both towns had their fair. It was an old mine shaft under a hill where they played while the others had their festivities. I cannot think of any place better for a hideaway. The fair has not been occurred in years."

She shook her head, tears trickling down her face while she swallowed hard.

"I'm sorry. It is . . . I cannot see . . . to think that a friend is a killer."
A mineshaft, it did make sense for a group of bandits. Their excluded from the public and have a great ambush point. But seeing how this devastated Origin knowing her once friend was now a bandit seemingly broke her heart.

Glacier, without thinking wrapped her arms around her in a hug. She’s never done something like this ever since she last saw her father.
”We’ll find them Origin or I will, myself.“

Was she really going to go into an unknown mineshaft by herself? Was she just doing this to not show weakness? It was unclear to her.

Glacier's actions made Origin pause and stiffen, then sniffle as she accepted the hug. She leaned in and hugged back, the grassy and rootbound armour on her feeling both soft and rough against Glacier. When she retracted, there was a warm smile on the nature dragon's face.

"Thanks, Glacier," she uttered in a whisper that even then all can hear. The house was almost eerily quiet. Not an insect chirruped outside or an animal creep outside. The only sounds they could hear was the wind and themselves. "I mean it, too. But I cannot let you go on your own. Before I go anywhere else, I have to see with my own eyes if they are there. Maybe I can convince him to turn away from the butchery banditry is known for."

"Not to burst your bubble," grunted Shine, still shimmering in the low-light environment, "but there's no saving one like him. He's tasted blood and wants more. If you are right about him living here, he's hungering for the blood of those who lived in his hometown. If that's not messed up, I don't know what is. Can you imagine slaying people you knew -- people you grew up around -- and wanting to kill more?"

Originmaw fell silent, unsure if she could or could not. Taking a life so willingly was against the ideals so dear to her.

"Still, I must try," she voiced stalwartly. "If he cannot be saved, then nature will take its course and death can claim him so others can live." She looked over to Glacier, then lowered her eyes. "I can lead you there, but you may need backup to go in. I am no fighter."

Glacier's actions made Origin pause and stiffen, then sniffle as she accepted the hug. She leaned in and hugged back, the grassy and rootbound armour on her feeling both soft and rough against Glacier. When she retracted, there was a warm smile on the nature dragon's face.

"Thanks, Glacier," she uttered in a whisper that even then all can hear. The house was almost eerily quiet. Not an insect chirruped outside or an animal creep outside. The only sounds they could hear was the wind and themselves. "I mean it, too. But I cannot let you go on your own. Before I go anywhere else, I have to see with my own eyes if they are there. Maybe I can convince him to turn away from the butchery banditry is known for."

"Not to burst your bubble," grunted Shine, still shimmering in the low-light environment, "but there's no saving one like him. He's tasted blood and wants more. If you are right about him living here, he's hungering for the blood of those who lived in his hometown. If that's not messed up, I don't know what is. Can you imagine slaying people you knew -- people you grew up around -- and wanting to kill more?"

Originmaw fell silent, unsure if she could or could not. Taking a life so willingly was against the ideals so dear to her.

"Still, I must try," she voiced stalwartly. "If he cannot be saved, then nature will take its course and death can claim him so others can live." She looked over to Glacier, then lowered her eyes. "I can lead you there, but you may need backup to go in. I am no fighter."

Glacier returned a sheepish smile after what she just did. Glancing at Shine after his statement almost glared at him. But placed a claw on her shoulder.
“Don’t worry, there’s always that chance. I guess…but if he tries to kill you or me don’t be suprised if I have to kill him..”
She warned.

After hearing about bringing someone else Glacier tapped her chin. Of course Shine couldnt go. Maybe someone from the barracks?
“I’ll think of something..”
She stated..maybe she could bring a small squad of guards with her..

Last edited:
Origin frowned, worried for her old friend, but she had come to accept that there was the possibility he might not be redeemable after all.

"When the time comes I will be ready," she answered, nodding her head. Deep down, though, she wondered if she really had the courage to be ready.

Shine looked deep in thought, neverminding Glacier's glance and somewhat unsure of who would be best suited for this scouting mission. Snapjaw was always a good choice for his skill at fighting, but maybe he was best here if he survived the raid. Harrier and Fleetfooted, maybe, wherever they were? Pip and Longtail too if they were uninjured. Numbers may be more valuable than experience.

"You would probably know better than me regarding who to have with you, Glace," spoke he, looking in her direcrion. "Hopefully we have people to spare. I cannot fight or even fly proper as I am."

Origin frowned, worried for her old friend, but she had come to accept that there was the possibility he might not be redeemable after all.

"When the time comes I will be ready," she answered, nodding her head. Deep down, though, she wondered if she really had the courage to be ready.

Shine looked deep in thought, neverminding Glacier's glance and somewhat unsure of who would be best suited for this scouting mission. Snapjaw was always a good choice for his skill at fighting, but maybe he was best here if he survived the raid. Harrier and Fleetfooted, maybe, wherever they were? Pip and Longtail too if they were uninjured. Numbers may be more valuable than experience.

"You would probably know better than me regarding who to have with you, Glace," spoke he, looking in her direcrion. "Hopefully we have people to spare. I cannot fight or even fly proper as I am."

“I’ll head down to the barracks and ask around for this mission”
She declared, her still injured tail waving back and forth.
Even Glacier was unsure of what they’re gonna find. Her mind was going through everyone she knew to figure out who to pick.

“Speaking of which Shine, is the Barracks still around? I hope the attack wasn’t too damaging to Ocean Side. If the attack is over there should be some sort of signal.”

Shine glanced up with a jerk of his neck, staring at Glacier as if she grew a second head. His spiked scales seemed to puff out in response as well, glittering like diamonds in the flickering light of lit candles.

"What do you mean, 'Is the Barracks still around?' Of course it is still around! They can't . . ." He fell silent. They burned a town to almost nothing and slew its inhabitants relatively quickly. What can he say about them swarming the barracks with a larger mass? Just how big was this attack, and how much firepower did they have? "We should check and make sure," he finally stated.

"Can I come with you?" voiced Origin, looking between the two. "I worry for you both, and Australis can't fly without tearing his stitches."

"Gee, you even know my prime name? I'm not sure if I should be flattered or shocked," teased Shine with a flicker of a smile. "We two can go by foot, then, as landbound as I think you are, and Glacier can get an overhead view. Make sure you stick close, though, please. If you get in trouble, I'm sorry, Origin, but I'm tearing stitches to get to her."

"I cannot blame you there," answered Originmaw, not out of pain but seemingly understanding and pleasure. Perhaps she would do the same if she had the capacity to fly in her current state.

Shine glanced up with a jerk of his neck, staring at Glacier as if she grew a second head. His spiked scales seemed to puff out in response as well, glittering like diamonds in the flickering light of lit candles.

"What do you mean, 'Is the Barracks still around?' Of course it is still around! They can't . . ." He fell silent. They burned a town to almost nothing and slew its inhabitants relatively quickly. What can he say about them swarming the barracks with a larger mass? Just how big was this attack, and how much firepower did they have? "We should check and make sure," he finally stated.

"Can I come with you?" voiced Origin, looking between the two. "I worry for you both, and Australis can't fly without tearing his stitches."

"Gee, you even know my prime name? I'm not sure if I should be flattered or shocked," teased Shine with a flicker of a smile. "We two can go by foot, then, as landbound as I think you are, and Glacier can get an overhead view. Make sure you stick close, though, please. If you get in trouble, I'm sorry, Origin, but I'm tearing stitches to get to her."

"I cannot blame you there," answered Originmaw, not out of pain but seemingly understanding and pleasure. Perhaps she would do the same if she had the capacity to fly in her current state.

Shine’s reaction to her saying whether the barracks were still around had her almost yelling at him. Once he realized her worries she backed down walking over to the door, her cut tail wagging behind her.
Glacier nodded, “You read my mind.”
She looked at Origin eyes wide she knew she couldn’t fight. What if their were more bandits? She’d had no way to defend herself. On the other hand what if the bandits expanded their raid up to her house?
“Fine, stay close, don’t go running off even to help someone..”
She stated opening the door and stepping outside.

Origin kept her wings closed tightly and stiffly, wondering if she could follow those orders after hearing what it was like from the other two. Can she pass by a wounded villager or soldier in need? Granted, she did not have any medicines, but can she live with thw guilt of not trying? Perhaps at this point it was better to put it behind her. She was no medic. She was a healer, but no medic.

"Okay," she replied softly, and followed with Shine in the back, the male complaining about the wound with a groan as he got up.

The path to the barracks was not without its pitfalls. People had fallen along the roads, blood drenching the dirt roads and painting it darker in the dim moonlight. None of them could be saved, much to Origin's sadness and perhaps to her salvation.

Moonlight shone soon through the clouds and painted a grisly scene on the burning town. Bodies and destruction were easily commonplace. She feared the death count and hoped that at least the children were safe from the carnage.

Shine moved before her, looking up and looking pallid. The smell of blood was getting to him, for certain, as he looked like he was fighting his nose even if he did not cover it, perhaps out of trying to paint himself a man and not the boy he was. He scanned the surroundings as if looking for an ambush, or perhaps Glacier, if she was separate from the two. She hoped all was well.

Barracks in Sight
Origin kept her wings closed tightly and stiffly, wondering if she could follow those orders after hearing what it was like from the other two. Can she pass by a wounded villager or soldier in need? Granted, she did not have any medicines, but can she live with thw guilt of not trying? Perhaps at this point it was better to put it behind her. She was no medic. She was a healer, but no medic.

"Okay," she replied softly, and followed with Shine in the back, the male complaining about the wound with a groan as he got up.

The path to the barracks was not without its pitfalls. People had fallen along the roads, blood drenching the dirt roads and painting it darker in the dim moonlight. None of them could be saved, much to Origin's sadness and perhaps to her salvation.

Moonlight shone soon through the clouds and painted a grisly scene on the burning town. Bodies and destruction were easily commonplace. She feared the death count and hoped that at least the children were safe from the carnage.

Shine moved before her, looking up and looking pallid. The smell of blood was getting to him, for certain, as he looked like he was fighting his nose even if he did not cover it, perhaps out of trying to paint himself a man and not the boy he was. He scanned the surroundings as if looking for an ambush, or perhaps Glacier, if she was separate from the two. She hoped all was well.
Glacier flapped her wings overhead. She knew where the barracks were located. However, with the rubble it was hard making out the buildings shape through all the rubble.

Scanning the area below she coughed when flying through a cloud of smoke.
Glancing up she caught a glimpse of something shiny, but wasn’t Shines glow. It was a silver shine like if their armor. Glacier whistled down to the group and pointed where she saw the glint.

Flying ahead she landed exactly where she saw it. Scanning the area around her for any sign of life..

Down below, Origin and Shine were heartened to see Glacier as she flew within sight and, whistling, pointed down into the gloom of dismal smoke clouds. She found something, it seemed, and that seemed promising to both dragons. Stepping in the direction and shouldering their individual armours, they tried their best to catch up with the flight-capable dragon on foot.

Where Glacier had landed, the dust gathered up and fluttered away as if in a small shockwave, allowing moonlight to trickle down into the area. The glint of silver she had seen was indeed armour, and whatever was inside was moving, consisting chiefly of golden scales and the smallest percentage of grinning teeth and beaming eyes. It was Pip of the guards.

"Well now! Look what the cat dragged in!" he called out, buff and powerful. "I would have expected you to have turned tail or waited for the night to be over."

"Looks like I have won our bet," came another voice, which can be recognised as Longtail, true to his name having a longer tail than most of his fellow dragons, twice the length of the standard individual. His blue blended well with the black smoke surrounding them until he stepped up close.

"Yep, it looks like it. Welcome, Glacier. The barracks still stands, all things considered. The fiends were driven back inland, and Snapjaw went after the stragglers. What about you, Glacier? What news do you have of the rest of the town?"

Originmaw and Shine stepped up through the gloom, the noise causing Longtail to draw his blade halfways before he recognised Shine. The other he stared at for a time before lowering his guard, dropping his sword back into the sheath, and grinning.

"Isn't that the person you helped earlier? And Shine too. Pay up two. Both came back."

Pip rubbed the back of his neck, not proud of his bet. He never really was good at placing such bets.

Down below, Origin and Shine were heartened to see Glacier as she flew within sight and, whistling, pointed down into the gloom of dismal smoke clouds. She found something, it seemed, and that seemed promising to both dragons. Stepping in the direction and shouldering their individual armours, they tried their best to catch up with the flight-capable dragon on foot.

Where Glacier had landed, the dust gathered up and fluttered away as if in a small shockwave, allowing moonlight to trickle down into the area. The glint of silver she had seen was indeed armour, and whatever was inside was moving, consisting chiefly of golden scales and the smallest percentage of grinning teeth and beaming eyes. It was Pip of the guards.

"Well now! Look what the cat dragged in!" he called out, buff and powerful. "I would have expected you to have turned tail or waited for the night to be over."

"Looks like I have won our bet," came another voice, which can be recognised as Longtail, true to his name having a longer tail than most of his fellow dragons, twice the length of the standard individual. His blue blended well with the black smoke surrounding them until he stepped up close.

"Yep, it looks like it. Welcome, Glacier. The barracks still stands, all things considered. The fiends were driven back inland, and Snapjaw went after the stragglers. What about you, Glacier? What news do you have of the rest of the town?"

Originmaw and Shine stepped up through the gloom, the noise causing Longtail to draw his blade halfways before he recognised Shine. The other he stared at for a time before lowering his guard, dropping his sword back into the sheath, and grinning.

"Isn't that the person you helped earlier? And Shine too. Pay up two. Both came back."

Pip rubbed the back of his neck, not proud of his bet. He never really was good at placing such bets.

Glacier sighed in relief when seeing someone fimiliar and didn’t want to kill them.
“You put a bet on us?!” She yelled.

“You should know, Shine almost died to two bandits that were beating him to death!”

She breathed out another sigh, this time grumbling instead of yelling.
“Where are the surviving civilians. And what do you mean by stragglers. They could just be planning another attack.”

She stated, glancing back to the two dragons walking in.
“Yes, her name is Origin. But Shine got injured he needs to be tended to.”

She looked at the direction of the barracks. Gesturing Origin and Shine to go there.
“I’ll await Snapjaw’s return. I have another mission that I’ll need some extra help.”

Pip and Longtail looked at each other and shrugged.

"Well, we were not knowledgeable of that, now were we?" Longtail expressed, frowning and folding his thin arms over his unproportional chest. "We are following orders, being on citizen guard duty while the rest of the town went to shambles, and had to pass the time somehow. Good on you for saving Shine, though. Nobody wants to lose a friend."

Pip nodded and went outside to help his friend Shine out, who declined the option of being propped up. The light dragon was still annoyed by the thought of being bet on, much like Glacier. Pip as a result walked beside him, his massive arms feeling useless.

Origin started towards the barracks, giving Glacier a nod of her head as she passed. She silently hoped that she was not going to be forgotten in this mission.

"Anyways," Longtail continued, tail swishing behind him, "the majority of the citizens are here, safe and sound in the mess hall and training room until the attack is over. But what is this mission you are talking about?"

He looked over the female guard curiously, eyebrow raised, face solemn.

Pip and Longtail looked at each other and shrugged.

"Well, we were not knowledgeable of that, now were we?" Longtail expressed, frowning and folding his thin arms over his unproportional chest. "We are following orders, being on citizen guard duty while the rest of the town went to shambles, and had to pass the time somehow. Good on you for saving Shine, though. Nobody wants to lose a friend."

Pip nodded and went outside to help his friend Shine out, who declined the option of being propped up. The light dragon was still annoyed by the thought of being bet on, much like Glacier. Pip as a result walked beside him, his massive arms feeling useless.

Origin started towards the barracks, giving Glacier a nod of her head as she passed. She silently hoped that she was not going to be forgotten in this mission.

"Anyways," Longtail continued, tail swishing behind him, "the majority of the citizens are here, safe and sound in the mess hall and training room until the attack is over. But what is this mission you are talking about?"

He looked over the female guard curiously, eyebrow raised, face solemn.

Guys…why did they have to act like that? She knew Pip and Longtail’s nature, they always acted like brothers. Always looking for entertainment when on duty, and looking for ways to ditch their posts..

Glacier rolled her eyes at Longtail. Breaking eye contact to watch Origin walk by into the barracks, she waved sheepishly.
“That’s good to hear finally some good news dispite this attack. As for the mission my friend Origin knows the location of two of the attackers.
Their location is inside an old mineshaft.”

Longtail raised both eyebrows this time, surprised, but over time skeptical of this new information. He looked behind him and, not finding Origin in sight and concluding that she went indoors, turned back toward Glacier.

"An old mineshaft," he uttered slowly, as if tasting the words for poison. "Abandoned, perhaps? Heard of them, but never seen them. Glace, how well do you know this . . . Origin? Is she trustworthy and certain that she truly does know where they are? I am as a venomdragon a skeptic by nature, regardless of my capacity for fun and intrigue. If she leads a company of men on a wild goose chase, that leaves us with less manpower here, or worse that can leave the men there ripe for an ambush."

"Or you can count me in the group and save more men for here, nephew," came a voice from above, dry and raspy.

Longtail jumped, but the laughter from above was kind and genuine. Snapjaw descended from the sky, a twinkle in his eye as he witnessed the two. Blood painted his armour, but most of it was not his. His sword, fine and thin, lay at his side, clean and shined and unsheathed.

"I recommend a smaller group of four, plus your guide, to deter an ambush and instead ambush the two you intend to find."

Longtail looked gobsmacked.

"How long were you there?"

"Long enough to trust glances shared between the two ladies. You are bright, nephew, but need a better eye for these things, or if not a better eye a better vantage point.

"But, dear Glacier, I crave your input. Who should join us if he or she is available, hmm?" continued Snapjaw, his smile a simple old-man smirk.

Longtail raised both eyebrows this time, surprised, but over time skeptical of this new information. He looked behind him and, not finding Origin in sight and concluding that she went indoors, turned back toward Glacier.

"An old mineshaft," he uttered slowly, as if tasting the words for poison. "Abandoned, perhaps? Heard of them, but never seen them. Glace, how well do you know this . . . Origin? Is she trustworthy and certain that she truly does know where they are? I am as a venomdragon a skeptic by nature, regardless of my capacity for fun and intrigue. If she leads a company of men on a wild goose chase, that leaves us with less manpower here, or worse that can leave the men there ripe for an ambush."

"Or you can count me in the group and save more men for here, nephew," came a voice from above, dry and raspy.

Longtail jumped, but the laughter from above was kind and genuine. Snapjaw descended from the sky, a twinkle in his eye as he witnessed the two. Blood painted his armour, but most of it was not his. His sword, fine and thin, lay at his side, clean and shined and unsheathed.

"I recommend a smaller group of four, plus your guide, to deter an ambush and instead ambush the two you intend to find."

Longtail looked gobsmacked.

"How long were you there?"

"Long enough to trust glances shared between the two ladies. You are bright, nephew, but need a better eye for these things, or if not a better eye a better vantage point.

"But, dear Glacier, I crave your input. Who should join us if he or she is available, hmm?" continued Snapjaw, his smile a simple old-man smirk.

“I know how I am with not being able to trust others easily. Origin is how to say, small, her nature is sweet and kind. From what I’d seen she’d never hurt anyone, she can’t even fight.”
She explained.

Looking up to the sky Snapjaw was just flying in to enter their conversation.
The blood on his armor looked promising for how many fighters he’s killed.
She nodded,
“Splitting the group like that is less risk. I say we bring dragons that can still fight and aren’t too fatigued from tonight’s fight. As for who we bring, who’s available?”

Snapjaw observed the youth with a silent, still patience, eyes twinkling in agreement. Fatigue was one of the greater killers in war. If all were fresh, there would be fewer casualties, in his opinion.

"Very well. I will let you be in charge for the moment, and chime in when I need to do so. I hope your friend's details are correct so that we can capture some of these rapscallions and figure out their plans.

"As for those who are available, there is Astrid who you probably know well, Crux, Chiron, and Gleamer who you might know as Shine's cousin. Those are the ones I know off of the top of my head who have more than training, but there are more that just now have put training to action."

The list of candidates was small, but Glacier had several options. Astrid was a blue dragon of little to no nonsense, strong in mind and with a brain clear of ambition except to grow stronger physically. While lean, she was excellent with a sword catcher and trident. Crux was more of a bookworm, but was a tactician without an army. His pale yellow hue attracted negative attention, but his prowess with sword and magic was there, and his eyes bubbled with vitality. Chiron clung to the shadows, as was innate to him by being a shadow dragon, and was good at teaching underhanded tricks to the guards that can prevail in life-and-death situations. Gleamer was a light dragon much like Shine, unarmoured and mobile, and her prismatic scales added to her ability to use light magic.

There were, of course, other options, and Glacier had a number of other wannabe warriors at her disposal.

((Feel free to select a character for me to play and for you to play if desired. what we discussed in PMs will be in the mine. Let me know if you do not know what I mean.))

Snapjaw observed the youth with a silent, still patience, eyes twinkling in agreement. Fatigue was one of the greater killers in war. If all were fresh, there would be fewer casualties, in his opinion.

"Very well. I will let you be in charge for the moment, and chime in when I need to do so. I hope your friend's details are correct so that we can capture some of these rapscallions and figure out their plans.

"As for those who are available, there is Astrid who you probably know well, Crux, Chiron, and Gleamer who you might know as Shine's cousin. Those are the ones I know off of the top of my head who have more than training, but there are more that just now have put training to action."

The list of candidates was small, but Glacier had several options. Astrid was a blue dragon of little to no nonsense, strong in mind and with a brain clear of ambition except to grow stronger physically. While lean, she was excellent with a sword catcher and trident. Crux was more of a bookworm, but was a tactician without an army. His pale yellow hue attracted negative attention, but his prowess with sword and magic was there, and his eyes bubbled with vitality. Chiron clung to the shadows, as was innate to him by being a shadow dragon, and was good at teaching underhanded tricks to the guards that can prevail in life-and-death situations. Gleamer was a light dragon much like Shine, unarmoured and mobile, and her prismatic scales added to her ability to use light magic.

There were, of course, other options, and Glacier had a number of other wannabe warriors at her disposal.

((Feel free to select a character for me to play and for you to play if desired. what we discussed in PMs will be in the mine. Let me know if you do not know what I mean.))

Glacier nodded in agreement. When told about her options she gave it some thought, although to her some of them seemed useless to her. A bookworm did seem not a good fit. Astrid was definitely coming along. Chiron was a maybe.

“Astrid and Chiron are coming, and a scout that I know. I know what you’re thinking about who I’m talking about. That black dragon almost scared of everything? But he’s a great fighter and is as sneaky as Chiron.”
She explained.

She glanced off towards the barracks. Wondering what Origin was doing inside. If she was helping wounded or just asking around.
“And of course Origin. She’s our guide inside and hopefully can talk down these two bandits.”

The Laboratories
Snapjaw bobbed his somber head in understanding, thinking fondly of the choices. Stealth was an optimal choice which can turn things to their favour easily with less manpower, and Astrid's physical capabilities can prove useful. There was also Origin, of course, which prompted a chuckle from his lips.

"Excellent choices, all," he stated. "I will get them gathered and we can set out quickly." He looked to the right where his nephew had been and noticed that he had slipped away to the top of the barracks' entrance, scouting the area above the choking smoke, or maybe pretending to keep his eye there. Snapjaw grinned with a few snaggleteeth jutting from near his fangs. The thought of his nephew feeling like he has to one-up his fellow recruit, whether or not it was validated, was almost as appealing as the other likelyhood that he was being observant in two ways.

Origin was led out of the building some time afterward, followed by the three requested dragons. Glacier could probably see that she was equipped with a small satchel with a medical symbol on it, which she let slip around her right wing like a tiny purse, easily retrievable without being in the way. Origin was not too terribly happy at the moment -- and a splotch of blood was on her that was not there before, dark and partially congealed -- but she managed a smile toward her friend.

"There was not much I could take, but there were a few supplies that can help combat some smaller dangers," she said quiet enough to draw only Glacier's attention. "It might prove useful."

~~ ×× ~~ ×× ~~

Travelling in the dark was miserable, the bush-strewn terrain preventing much good to occur if traveling on the ground so that many stayed in the air, prowling for enemies obscured by the dim moonlight through the clouds. It was a lights-off mission, and luckily this was a proper element for the nightfolk. Chiron and the black dragon would detect nothing for the most part, their eyes and ears exceptional due to their similar lineage. Shadow dragons are in essence black dragons, just slightly more nocturnal and with a more pronounced set of eyes.

Originmaw fumbled her way, bulky armour shrugging off most of the bushes that obstinately stood in her path, but like the others she was confident in her ability, hers chiefly being pathfinding. Shortcuts were found and made, making the trip the shortest possible, though of course it was faster in the air.

They made it to the fairgrounds, which was overgrown with grass and some small trees that were not trimmed in years and had grown quite wild, and half a mile beyond lay the entrance to the mineshaft, covered with dark fabric that disguised the torchlight inside the mouth of the tunnel. If one dared venture close, conversation can be heard from inside, raucous with laughter. It was certainly occupied.

Last edited:
The dragons were gathered quicker than Glacier thought. They all seemed ready with their armor, weapons, and gear for the journey ahead.
She spotted Origin in the group her eyes widening when the splotch of blood was seen on her. She didn’t dare ask about it though, it might deeply upset her. All she did was nod sternly.
“Come, let’s not waste anymore time…”

The group wandered deep into the wilderness the darkness concealing small trippable obstacles like wood beams that have fallen. Around them were not just nature their were houses from the old era, along side vehicles. Glacier never seen anything like it. The shadow dragon that followed along carried his supplies on his shoulder much like Origin. Although he had a different item with him, a guitar. An old world object made from wood. He didn’t talk much about it…

Up ahead was there mineshaft the glowing of light was dimly seen through the sheet of darkness. Glacier approached, army crawling closer, and seeing two large somethings in the darkness. More vehicles with large boxes behind them they had large tires that were covered in plants. She crawled underneath one of them, listening into the conversation inside…

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back