• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Other
Here
Originmaw watched with great interest as Glacier started gobbling up the food with uncanny gusto. She had never seen such in a female before, not that she had much experience watching people eat outside of her small family unit besides people eating ready-made foods. It was impressive to say the least, and when Glacier was seemingly embarrassed by the situation she started laughing under her breath, then participating as well by lobbing a small roasted tomato into her maw and bringing her teeth down upon it with a nice tomato-y pop.

A lovely name, I must say," she replied with a wide smile, as if this was everyday occurrence. "I have only heard of mountains, being as landbound as I am -- at least, at the moment -- but I want to see much in the world. New sights, new sounds, and new everything are so much fun to think about, but a woman has to make a living, and I know what I am good at.

"But alas, the world is not as kind to the old thought of adventure nowadays." She stabbed a bit of her greens and looked at it sadly. "Cutthroats, marauders, skywaymen, and highwaymen litter travelways, and the resistance does not help much. Most of my profits elsewhere were eaten up by "tolls" and "funds." They only add fuel to the fire, I think. Luckily we in town have not been hit very hard on either side of the conflict. Peace is a luxury few can afford nowadays, which is why I mainly stay here."

She looked up and smiled mirthlessly.

"I am sorry for bringing this topic up, but it bleeds into a respect for what you do. Guards' strength and resolve is underappreciated in these parts, even if you were . . . intimidating when we first met." She tittered lightly and quickly doused it with seriousness, leaning forward over her plate. "What I mean to say is thank you for doing what you could to keep us safe."

Last edited:
Originmaw watched with great interest as Glacier started gobbling up the food with uncanny gusto. She had never seen such in a female before, not that she had much experience watching people eat outside of her small family unit besides people eating ready-made foods. It was impressive to say the least, and when Glacier was seemingly embarrassed by the situation she started laughing under her breath, then participating as well by lobbing a small roasted tomato into her maw and bringing her teeth down upon it with a nice tomato-y pop.

A lovely name, I must say," she replied with a wide smile, as if this was everyday occurrence. "I have only heard of mountains, being as landbound as I am -- at least, at the moment -- but I want to see much in the world. New sights, new sounds, and new everything are so much fun to think about, but a woman has to make a living, and I know what I am good at.

"But alas, the world is not as kind to the old thought of adventure nowadays." She stabbed a bit of her greens and looked at it sadly. "Cutthroats, marauders, skywaymen, and highwaymen litter travelways, and the resistance does not help much. Most of my profits elsewhere were eaten up by "tolls" and "funds." They only add fuel to the fire, I think. Luckily we in town have not been hit very hard on either side of the conflict. Peace is a luxury few can afford nowadays, which is why I mainly stay here."

She looked up and smiled mirthlessly.

"I am sorry for bringing this topic up, but it bleeds into a respect for what you do. Guards' strength and resolve is underappreciated in these parts, even if you were . . . intimidating when we first met." She tittered lightly and quickly doused it with seriousness, leaning forward over her plate. "What I mean to say is thank you for doing what you could to keep us safe."
Glacier gave a half smile at Origins sincere thanks for what the guards do.
”you’re very welcome. We try our best.” She instead used her utensils to eat picking up abit of her greens and eating it.

”based on how windy and chilly it gets here. I don’t know if you’d handle it up in the mountains. It’s basically the same. But my family loved the quietness of it.” She explained glancing down to her meal. To not show weakness she smiled and glanced back up.

”All the news you hear about the resistance is nothing to worry about. They want you to be afraid. They want change from what we have now, wanting to change what our ruler has put in place for us.”
she ranted tapping her clawed finger on the table.

Origin smiled and would have raised a glass at the "You're welcome," but alas she had forgotten to bring water for both of them to drink. Huffing a sigh at herself, she took a spoonful of soup and savoured the flavours of herbs on her tongue, but was surprised by what was said about how windy and chilly it got here, lifting both scaly brows in response.

"Oh, you noticed that?" she brought to voice, but quietly, scratching the back of her neck and looking away. She quickly grew attentive once more, however, at the topic of family and the resistance.

"Change can be a challenge to incorporate after sufficient time has passed, especially how they are hoping to do it," she agreed with a nod of the head, twirling her fork in her fried greens. "I knew people in the resistance who are no longer around, but while I am afraid I am afraid for the people, not the sides." Origin looked up and smiled with a tilt of her head. "Let's hope and pray this does not get out of hand. I want everyone to live happily, you included. Glacier."

Origin smiled and would have raised a glass at the "You're welcome," but alas she had forgotten to bring water for both of them to drink. Huffing a sigh at herself, she took a spoonful of soup and savoured the flavours of herbs on her tongue, but was surprised by what was said about how windy and chilly it got here, lifting both scaly brows in response.

"Oh, you noticed that?" she brought to voice, but quietly, scratching the back of her neck and looking away. She quickly grew attentive once more, however, at the topic of family and the resistance.

"Change can be a challenge to incorporate after sufficient time has passed, especially how they are hoping to do it," she agreed with a nod of the head, twirling her fork in her fried greens. "I knew people in the resistance who are no longer around, but while I am afraid I am afraid for the people, not the sides." Origin looked up and smiled with a tilt of her head. "Let's hope and pray this does not get out of hand. I want everyone to live happily, you included. Glacier."
“You knew dragons from the resistance?” She repeated.
”what do you mean by that?”
she asked quizzily.

”Just curious.”
she stated afterwards.

speaking of windy the wind could be heard outside whistling loudly like it was blowing hard. Glacier stabbed another bit of her meal taking a bite. She took another tomato taking a bite out of it before shoving the rest in her muzzle.

The Start of a Storm
"I did, once upon a time," Origin continued, looking down at her plate as if this were touching a difficult history. "I knew them before they told me years later of what they wanted for the empire, but we nature dragons try to stay true to the land that raised us and avoid conflict. 'An unjust peace is better than a righteous war.' That's what I think."

She looked up and clenched her teeth, hearing the mighty winds outside. Was that the oncoming of a storm or a squall? Her sensitive plants were out there and in need of coming indoors, and she needed to bless the rest so that they stay in place. It must be so breezy and cold out there. She started shivering at the thought.

"That sounds like a storm!" she stated, rushing to her feet. "I need to bring in my plants. Would you be a dear and prop the door open with the last chair while I fetch things and protect my outdoor crops with a protection ward? I won't be long. You can help yourself to more food in the kitchen if you are feeling more hungry. There is extra."

More panicked than concerned about her lack of hospitality toward her guest, she bowed quickly and started opening the door, scanning the skies. Was there a storm approaching?

The wind whistled loudly blowing the door open all the way so it slammed against the house. It invaded the house by blowing at the table and anything not nailed down. Glacier acting fact grabbed the door but couldn’t pull it back, the wind was too strong! The Sky’s however did look a lot darker a grey color with clouds accumulating the blue sky.

”Hurry up!“ she stated her wings open to protect herself from the howling winds. she managed to pull the door closer to the house but had a harder time bringing it closer.

Origin feared storms for good reason, but this storm seemingly built itself into a monster! Was it a hurricane? It was a while since one struck the town, and she feared what would happen to her darling plants if she was to be stuck indoors along with her new friend. The door was blown open, nearly off of its hinges as flimsy as her door seemed, but Glacier was quick to assist. Origin, tossing a quick, thankful smile, sent herself off into the maelstrom of winds.

The roots that made up a strong armour for her detangled and came down into the rocky soil at her feet, grounding her well enough to walk to her garden. While the wind was strong, she managed to lay claim to all eight of her susceptible potted plants, three each in her hands and two nestled in her wound tail. She was not able to make a blessing, but that will have to wait until her babies were inside, safe and sound. As she headed back, she wondered why she even perched herself up on this cliffside to begin with. Perhaps it was for the view, or perhaps it was simply to prove that she can, but with storms like these she kicked herself for her choice.

Trudging further, she tried her best to fight the wind and get back in her home. She looked up, hoping that Glacier was having a better time than she was.

Origin feared storms for good reason, but this storm seemingly built itself into a monster! Was it a hurricane? It was a while since one struck the town, and she feared what would happen to her darling plants if she was to be stuck indoors along with her new friend. The door was blown open, nearly off of its hinges as flimsy as her door seemed, but Glacier was quick to assist. Origin, tossing a quick, thankful smile, sent herself off into the maelstrom of winds.

The roots that made up a strong armour for her detangled and came down into the rocky soil at her feet, grounding her well enough to walk to her garden. While the wind was strong, she managed to lay claim to all eight of her susceptible potted plants, three each in her hands and two nestled in her wound tail. She was not able to make a blessing, but that will have to wait until her babies were inside, safe and sound. As she headed back, she wondered why she even perched herself up on this cliffside to begin with. Perhaps it was for the view, or perhaps it was simply to prove that she can, but with storms like these she kicked herself for her choice.

Trudging further, she tried her best to fight the wind and get back in her home. She looked up, hoping that Glacier was having a better time than she was.
“Hurry!”
the door was rattling from how strong the wind was. It blew wildly trying to find its way underneath Origin to lift her up. Glacier clung to the door her wings open to block the incoming gusts. She reached out a claw to grab Origin before she blew away.

Glacier did wonder however why she did perch herself in a place where storms are most likely to happen because of the sea. Ocean View was very vulnerable to storms as proven now.

The wind was stronger than she suspected earlier, terrifyingly so. If she did not weigh so much from her earthy exterior and roots engrained within it, she might have blown away already.

The snapping of wood made her turn her head and witness her garden being destroyed, a little here and a little there. Too awestruck by the wind's power and too fearful for her own life to cry, she puttered on, roots digging further into the ground as wind pushed and pulled on all sides, including beneath her! Some of her carried plants took off with the wind, pots shattering. She reached out for Glacier's hand . . .

. . . and, grasping it firmly, made it inside. But it did not end here. They had to close the door.

"At the count of three we pull the door in and lock it!" she called out to her friend, grabbing hold of a portion of the door and engraining herself inside the earthen floor of the house. "One, two, three!" continued Origin, tugging with all of her rooted might.

The wind was stronger than she suspected earlier, terrifyingly so. If she did not weigh so much from her earthy exterior and roots engrained within it, she might have blown away already.

The snapping of wood made her turn her head and witness her garden being destroyed, a little here and a little there. Too awestruck by the wind's power and too fearful for her own life to cry, she puttered on, roots digging further into the ground as wind pushed and pulled on all sides, including beneath her! Some of her carried plants took off with the wind, pots shattering. She reached out for Glacier's hand . . .

. . . and, grasping it firmly, made it inside. But it did not end here. They had to close the door.

"At the count of three we pull the door in and lock it!" she called out to her friend, grabbing hold of a portion of the door and engraining herself inside the earthen floor of the house. "One, two, three!" continued Origin, tugging with all of her rooted might.
Glacier pulled Origin inside. She pushed her elbow against the door, and with Origins help she pushed against the door. The wind blowing was keeping the door at bay.

”1…2…3!”

Her strength with her friend help push at the door. Soon the wind receded until finally the wind stopped blowing inside..

Snapping the lock into place, Origin breathed shallowly, almost as if hyperventilating. The exercise was nothing new to her, but that was extreme. She heard the snapping of her garden continue outside and fought back a sniffle.

"There goes that hard work," she commented, disappointedly looking down at the three pots she managed to salvage from the excursion outside.

The plants did not look like they were doing too well from the strain they suffered, but with a little love and support they can become right as rain, she hoped. She hugged them close before placing them down in a nice location, safe from the wind in case the door blows open again.

"Thank you, Glacier," she spoke, her eyes watering against her will. "If you were not here, I would be still out there, probably being blown into the sea, and then I would be Vitalia no more. But with you here, I am sorry to say that you are stuck here until the storm ends, and I do not have much in the style of comfort."

She looked towards the food, plates tossed and soup drizzling to the floor from the table.

"Can I offer you more dinner? I can make a fresh plate and bowl."

Snapping the lock into place, Origin breathed shallowly, almost as if hyperventilating. The exercise was nothing new to her, but that was extreme. She heard the snapping of her garden continue outside and fought back a sniffle.

"There goes that hard work," she commented, disappointedly looking down at the three pots she managed to salvage from the excursion outside.

The plants did not look like they were doing too well from the strain they suffered, but with a little love and support they can become right as rain, she hoped. She hugged them close before placing them down in a nice location, safe from the wind in case the door blows open again.

"Thank you, Glacier," she spoke, her eyes watering against her will. "If you were not here, I would be still out there, probably being blown into the sea, and then I would be Vitalia no more. But with you here, I am sorry to say that you are stuck here until the storm ends, and I do not have much in the style of comfort."

She looked towards the food, plates tossed and soup drizzling to the floor from the table.

"Can I offer you more dinner? I can make a fresh plate and bowl."
Glacier was also hyperventilating breathing fast as her chest rose and fell.
Seeing the plants her friend wanted to protect made her feel bad but didn’t really show it. She blankly watched Origin place the plants in a safe spot.
”It‘s fine I can sleep almost anywhere”
she stated.

Glancing over to the mess the wind made Glacier began to pick up the plates and taking a quick lick of the spilled soup.
”I’m good. I thank you again for the hospitality.”

Last edited:
Origin smiled at seeing her friend's assistance and nodded her head to answer the thank-you the guard had given. While she was a little unorthodox when eating, Glacier was polite all the same, and offered much in terms of help. In a matter of minutes, everything was clean and orderly again, the soup sponged up, plates and bowls ready to be cleaned, and a new bowl and plate gathered for Origin who had not eaten much yet. The fireplace had to be put out to prevent a downdraft and wild flames, leaving them for the most part in the dark, but beeswax candles kept the place illuminated enough to stave off all but profound shadows.

"I was meaning to ask you this beforehand, and as I am anticipating I will do it soon I will ask you anyways," started the nature dragon, sitting down with her head propped between both of her taloned hands. "What is it like to fly? It was such a while since I have done it last."

Her memory of the garden mostly forgotten for the time being, as she was trying to suffocate it under the present, Origin wanted to know a bit more about her guest. The outside commotion was loud, so she had to speak louder. The first pelts of rain started its rapid and powerful descent. She hoped that the water and wind combined would not rip a hole in her roof like last time. Mending that was a pain.

Origin smiled at seeing her friend's assistance and nodded her head to answer the thank-you the guard had given. While she was a little unorthodox when eating, Glacier was polite all the same, and offered much in terms of help. In a matter of minutes, everything was clean and orderly again, the soup sponged up, plates and bowls ready to be cleaned, and a new bowl and plate gathered for Origin who had not eaten much yet. The fireplace had to be put out to prevent a downdraft and wild flames, leaving them for the most part in the dark, but beeswax candles kept the place illuminated enough to stave off all but profound shadows.

"I was meaning to ask you this beforehand, and as I am anticipating I will do it soon I will ask you anyways," started the nature dragon, sitting down with her head propped between both of her taloned hands. "What is it like to fly? It was such a while since I have done it last."

Her memory of the garden mostly forgotten for the time being, as she was trying to suffocate it under the present, Origin wanted to know a bit more about her guest. The outside commotion was loud, so she had to speak louder. The first pelts of rain started its rapid and powerful descent. She hoped that the water and wind combined would not rip a hole in her roof like last time. Mending that was a pain.
Glacier was speechless, a dragon that doesn't want to fly?
Glacier’s face was half illuminated by the candle light less so when she lowered her head. How can she explain? Lightly spreading her wings and copying Origins pose.

”Well, it might sound stupid or might be what everyone says. It feel like freedom. The wind, the view, the feeling of weightlessness for that time.
its a hard thing to describe, and Im sorry to say; A dragon that doesn’t want to fly? What makes you not want to? Your plants?”

She asked, speaking at a higher voice to drown out the rain and wind.

Originmaw, after hearing the loveliness of being airbound and enjoying the prospect of being in the same shoes, tilted her head, uncertain as to whether or not she heard the purple dragon correctly over the din happening outside. When she heard it again she chuckled good-naturedly.

"It is not so much out of want as following a certain lifestyle," she replied, raising a claw and observing a tendril of root snaking down from the hard exterior of her earthen shell in demonstration. "I cannot fly anymore as I am because I am clothed in my handiwork. Years of becoming nestled in dirt turned rock and loamy earth and wood allowed me to become stronger and more able to take care of my plants. It is a bond of sorts, that takes months to years to enjoy the benefits. The issues are manifold, though. I cannot 'switch skins,' as it were, because if I were to leave my shell behind I cannot control plants easily. I would be . . . well, powerless and normal, I suppose. Maybe less normal since I do not remember how to fly very well at my age, though now that my plants are probably mostly destroyed or gone, well . . ."

Origin trailed off, her eyes focused on the table before them and one hand slipping to rest beneath the other.

"Well, I intend to doff my shell and go on a journey, to see a mountain for the first time, to see new plants and locations. I could not do that with my business, but now I hardly have a business."

She frowned, thinking about her garden. How much of it was left out there?

Last edited:
Originmaw, after hearing the loveliness of being airbound and enjoying the prospect of being in the same shoes, tilted her head, uncertain as to whether or not she heard the purple dragon correctly over the din happening outside. When she heard it again she chuckled good-naturedly.

"It is not so much out of want as following a certain lifestyle," she replied, raising a claw and observing a tendril of root snaking down from the hard exterior of her earthen shell in demonstration. "I cannot fly anymore as I am because I am clothed in my handiwork. Years of becoming nestled in dirt turned rock and loamy earth and wood allowed me to become stronger and more able to take care of my plants. It is a bond of sorts, that takes months to years to enjoy the benefits. The issues are manifold, though. I cannot 'switch skins,' as it were, because if I were to leave my shell behind I cannot control plants easily. I would be . . . well, powerless and normal, I suppose. Maybe less normal since I do not remember how to fly very well at my age, though now that my plants are probably mostly destroyed or gone, well . . ."

Origin trailed off, her eyes focused on the table before them and one hand slipping to rest beneath the other.

"Well, I intend to doff my shell and go on a journey, to see a mountain for the first time, to see new plants and locations. I could not do that with my business, but now I hardly have a business."

She frowned, thinking about her garden. How much of it was left out there?
“I think you should travel. I didn’t get to do much due to being a guard.”
she stated gesturing with her claws.
“The empire would protect you from the rebels or any bandits. I do have to caution you on the winds that blow up there. Their very cold and judging on how to reacted a few minutes ago, I don’t know if you could handle climbing a mountain.”
she explained.

”As for the flying I could teach you again. Though I might not go easy on you.”
she warned, her eyes watching the root seemily slither on Origin.
“oh, and theirs nothing wrong with being normal.”

Origin nodded gratefully in regards to Glacier's advice and offer, pondering over the possibility of learning how to fly again with as much grace as her young, dragonling self before she had discovered what she wanted to do with her life. To do so would be a dream, but to learn how to do so through Glacier would seem like a training regimen. She laughed to herself. It was a challenge, to be sure, but a challenge she wanted to meet head-on.

"Hey, cold is cold, and if I can fly again I'll take on any mountain just to prove myself. Even still, I would be happy to learn from you, future teacher." She tilted her head and stuck her tongue out playfully at the guard before laughing jocularly, sadness mostly forgotten. "Ah, to think I would find my flight instructor through a series of odd and yet fantastic events. Not wholly a bad day, this. I get a nudge in a direction I wanted to go and I get a friend to boot. Thank you, Miss Glacier."

Origin nodded gratefully in regards to Glacier's advice and offer, pondering over the possibility of learning how to fly again with as much grace as her young, dragonling self before she had discovered what she wanted to do with her life. To do so would be a dream, but to learn how to do so through Glacier would seem like a training regimen. She laughed to herself. It was a challenge, to be sure, but a challenge she wanted to meet head-on.

"Hey, cold is cold, and if I can fly again I'll take on any mountain just to prove myself. Even still, I would be happy to learn from you, future teacher." She tilted her head and stuck her tongue out playfully at the guard before laughing jocularly, sadness mostly forgotten. "Ah, to think I would find my flight instructor through a series of odd and yet fantastic events. Not wholly a bad day, this. I get a nudge in a direction I wanted to go and I get a friend to boot. Thank you, Miss Glacier."
“Sounds like a plan, we can start as soon as the storm is over.”
Glacier didn’t laugh at Origins gesture. She wanted to but all she did was smile a little. Though she did wave her talon at the ’Miss Glacier’
”You dont have to call that.”

”If I could I’d join you on your journey. I can’t, before you ask me. You know, guard duty and all..”

"I understand," nodded Origin dejectedly after munching on some remaining fried greens and gulping some stew. "I have to admit that I daydreamed of such things, but just because I am to leave my business doesn't mean that you will have to leave yours. You need to protect this place, and I think you will do marvelously," she continued, a smile climbing onto her face. "Suppose, though, if I were to remain for a while still even after our flying practices are over. Can we still meet? I know it may put you in a bind because you are in the guards, but I enjoy your company."

Origin looked expectedly at Glacier, her face uplifted, her body frozen as if to dread a "no" or in subtle hopes that such would be okay to the other female dragon. Her tail betrayed her nervousness, however, flicking back and forth speedily.

"I understand," nodded Origin dejectedly after munching on some remaining fried greens and gulping some stew. "I have to admit that I daydreamed of such things, but just because I am to leave my business doesn't mean that you will have to leave yours. You need to protect this place, and I think you will do marvelously," she continued, a smile climbing onto her face. "Suppose, though, if I were to remain for a while still even after our flying practices are over. Can we still meet? I know it may put you in a bind because you are in the guards, but I enjoy your company."

Origin looked expectedly at Glacier, her face uplifted, her body frozen as if to dread a "no" or in subtle hopes that such would be okay to the other female dragon. Her tail betrayed her nervousness, however, flicking back and forth speedily.
Glacier opened her maw ready to make an answer.
”I, I think we could. It depends however, if something truly horrible happens here or else where. I could be stationed somewhere else. But for your sake I hope that doesn’t happen.”

she stated placing her claw upon Origins. Mostly in a reassuring way.
”But that doesn’t mean I won’t try. Though I might not. The guard is something that’s important to me. Like, very important..”

((Gah, my fingers slipped. Thankfully most of it was done already, so there was little to change.))

"Life is a changing journey, and much else is subject to that too," Origin replied somberly, though smiling happily up at Glacier at the kind gesture. "While it would be a shame, we have our own paths to lead, and if you move elsewhere to protect and serve I cannot stop you, and even support the idea!" She seemed occupied by thought for a second or two, perked up, and made a motion, grabbing the edge of the table. "I have an idea."

Vitalia got up and approached a dresser in another room, seemingly the sleeping quarters. Pulling open a drawer and unraveling a necklace of worsted leather and a circular piece of oak that seemingly grew into its shape, she dangled it in view with a self-assured grin.

"If you would like, I can make an amulet to ward off harm. Call it a . . . good-luck charm, if you believe in them. My parents, both nature dragons like me, made this one for me and it seems to have worked out well so far. I can make one similar for you."

Last edited:
The Burning Village
Glacier cupped her claws to accept the gift. Glacier stated at it for a long time Origins parents sounded like really good dragons. She couldn’t remember much from her childhood. Her mother as something her father wouldn’t talk about much. It also was like he was distant from her aswell.
Without knowing it Glacier’s eyes started to water…
But before Origin could see she wiped the tears away, clutching the charm in her claw.
”Thank you, it’s wonderful.”

Outside the wind seemed to finally quit it was just rain now pouring down. Making loud putter patters on the roof. A window nearby showed the rain slowly water falling from the glass surface, although something else was out there..

Black smoke came from the direction of Ocean View. Glacier could smell the smoke, and she knew it wasn’t from the candles..
Without saying anything she rushed outside unlocking the door and staring at the black smog.
”Oh dear…please no…”

((I was originally thinking of Origin making a new amulet for Glacier, but I like this better! Very nice!))

Smiling, Originmaw gladly handed the charm over, the necklace being both a memento and a potential blessing.

"You are very welcome, and may this charm protect you as well throughout your life, even if forgotten," she spoke, her voice both ritualistic and ardent.

What happened next was an uncertain blur. Glacier seemed riled by something, but by what Origin did not know. Calling out her name questioningly, she looked over to the door which Glacier rapidly threw open and followed.

"That black smoke," the nature dragon commented with a tinge of panic. "That is darker than a lightning strike -- I did not even hear a boom of a thundercrack this close -- but I do not know where it is coming from, in the village or beyond." She looked over to Glacier with uncertainty. "Are you going to check it out?"

((I was originally thinking of Origin making a new amulet for Glacier, but I like this better! Very nice!))

Smiling, Originmaw gladly handed the charm over, the necklace being both a memento and a potential blessing.

"You are very welcome, and may this charm protect you as well throughout your life, even if forgotten," she spoke, her voice both ritualistic and ardent.

What happened next was an uncertain blur. Glacier seemed riled by something, but by what Origin did not know. Calling out her name questioningly, she looked over to the door which Glacier rapidly threw open and followed.

"That black smoke," the nature dragon commented with a tinge of panic. "That is darker than a lightning strike -- I did not even hear a boom of a thundercrack this close -- but I do not know where it is coming from, in the village or beyond." She looked over to Glacier with uncertainty. "Are you going to check it out?"
“Look, stay here. Dont open your door for anyone.”
she commanded,
”I’m pretty sure the towns under attack…”
she bit her lip opening her wings.
“I mean it, stay here, I don’t want you getting hurt…”

She looked back at the smoke. It billowed upwards smaller explosions could be seen from their distance. Glacier hoped the guards were properly defending the town…

Originmaw had her eyes glued on Glacier, having her heart race at the possibility of the town she knew and loved being under attack. She had felt in danger before several times, and had risked her life a few of those moments, but an attack? She felt herself clinging to the door jamb without even being in the know of it, and her pulse throb in her neck. She felt fear.

Even through all of this, she felt worry for others, of her clients and the children and, most recently, Glacier who was going to face this clear and present danger.

"Be careful; be safe," she whispered, unable to keep herself from being shaken by all of this, "and remember the amulet. I will stay here, and if anyone attacking gets in I will take care of them, one way or another. These roots are not just for plant care."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back